✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Lovers in Japan

Hey guys. I just saw this short article that has a link to what they call "lovers in japan/reign of love", however, this is the same song that was in the Grey's Video. I only wonder if its different because it does sound slightly different in quality terms. Nevertheless, it should be only Lovers in Japan, not Reign of Love.

I don't think that's lovers in Japan.

I mean I want to,

but debs said that it was definitely not lovers in japan and was Death and all his friends, however, the lyrics aren't the same as the ones for D&AHF's on the artwork on coldplay.com. so.....I'm confused. HURRY UP ALBUM!

but lyrics tell about 2 lovers and the song has a japanese sound at the end... very strange if it's DAAHF! and locust said it's LiJ cause probably he heard it.

what did Q magazine exactly say about it? I can't find the full article anywhere...

but lyrics tell about 2 lovers and the song has a japanese soung at the end... very strange if it's DAAHF! but locust said it's LiJ...

and what did Q magazine exactly say about it? I can't find the full article anywhere...

The scans have been removed, but the article mentions that the song "Death and all His Friends" includes "just be patient and don't worry."

okay, this thread needs to be talked about. i was sure that the song we had heard was lovers in japan (from the greys), if its death and all his friends that changes quite a bit. i dont see how it could be, its got nothing to do with death, and i didnt think it matched any of the stuff they talked about in the articles about how it sounds

The two most reliable sources we have, Debs and Q, suggest that the song is DAAHF.

The fact that the song doesn't contain the website artwork's lyrics is irrelevant. It was evidently editted for Grey's Anatomy anyway. Q say that the lyrics "just be patient and don't worry" are in DAAHF: they're not very likely to be wrong, really, are they?

Yep, it's probably DAAHF now. It must be just heavily edited, because it says the final refrain is "I don't want to follow Death and all his friends". We'll get to hear the full version in 2 weeks time anyway :nice:

PS - I always thought this song would make a great closer! Thats the only thing that I found odd about the proposition of it being Lovers In Japan... it doesn't really sound like a song that would be in the middle of the album.

I still think it's lovers.

Q's online of the album says this about D&AHF's

:: Death And All His Friends

Melancholy piano segues into spangling guitars and a male choir exalting, “I don’t wanna follow death and all of his friends!” Vocals recorded in an art gallery in Barcelona that was once the medical room of an ancient nunnery.

Will Champion: “This is us singing all together and then another us singing together. The Coldplay Choir. And it had an echo that lasted for a long, long time. When we did a lot of group singing we just roped in whoever was around. Studio engineers, whoever.”

that's not even SLIGHTLY like the track we've got

yeah i suppose. the way chris talked about lovers in japan led me to think it would also be a little more, i dunno, about love...and while what we heard definitely was, it wasnt what i expected. so this is good news i guess.

probably the instrumental part has lyrics in the final version (although I wonder why there should be 2 different edits)...

the DAAHF lyrics in the artwork are:

"No I don't want to battle from beginning to end

I don't want cycle of recycled revenge

I don't want to follow death and all of his friends..."

effectively they fit if you try to sing them on the instrumental part...

anyway we''ll solve this thing in just 2 weeks...

I still think it's lovers.

Q's online of the album says this about D&AHF's

:: Death And All His Friends

Melancholy piano segues into spangling guitars and a male choir exalting, “I don’t wanna follow death and all of his friends!” Vocals recorded in an art gallery in Barcelona that was once the medical room of an ancient nunnery.

Will Champion: “This is us singing all together and then another us singing together. The Coldplay Choir. And it had an echo that lasted for a long, long time. When we did a lot of group singing we just roped in whoever was around. Studio engineers, whoever.”

that's not even SLIGHTLY like the track we've got

If I could reference the Q article, I would. I think it could very well be DAAHF now. First point, the song has been edited for Grey's Anatomy, so we're missing parts of the song. Secondly, maybe that "HUMMMMMM..." you can hear when the band kicks in is the 'Coldplay Choir', but its just low in the mix. Not as loud as we were expecting. Thirdly, the song might not even be the album version for all we know. Either that or they removed the words in the second "instrumental" part of the song just for the show's scene.

But I don't know, I'm not too sure either :\

The thing that gets me is how someone who has listened to the album already, can forget what the CLOSER of the album sounds like. Surely that would be one of the songs more likely to stick with you after first listen?

And if it DOES turn out to be Lovers In Japan (which I think may be unlikely at this point), then why the HELL would 2 credible sources, Q and Debs Wild, get something as simple as a song title, mixed up or wrong? I just can't see it happening.

*sigh* We'll see in 2 weeks time I guess :rolleyes:

I get what you're saying.

I just don't see why they would edit out the lyrics from the painting on coldplay.com. they're the opening lyrics from the song and it does sound like the beginning of the song on the version we have, though I suppose you can't really disagree with Debs and Q. :\