✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Lovers in Japan

How do we know the other lyrics that are 'missing' are the opening lyrics?

Locust can't be trusted. OK - his Violet Hill review struck some chords, but that didn't mean he'd heard the album, especially as VH was the first single. Of all the people on here that we've forgotten about after finding out they were wrong, there was bound to be someone who got reasonably close and people swarmed (like locusts) around them.

I just can't take seriously people who claim to have heard the entire album but have no concrete evidence in the form of LYRICS. NONE of these people post any of the hooks, any of the stand-out lines of the vocals. It's all very well writing that it's an epic which builds and drops; some people are always going to end up agreeing with you, and others won't. Lyrics are the only definitive proof that someone's heard a song because they're the bit nobody can get lucky on.

Q and Debs Wild will not have got this wrong; the song is DAAHF and the bits of lyrics we haven't heard were editted out. I certainly WOULD describe the piano at the beginning as melancholy and definitely 'spangling guitars' is one way of describing the direction of the instrumental. Just because we haven't heard the choir doesn't mean it's not been cut out.

why did nobody listen to me when I said locust7 was bullshitting us from the get go?

"Violet hill has not a single note of falsetto in it, as chris sings lower, sexier, like the review said"

"I don't remember any lyrics, except for the ones the review said"

oh please.... what a loads of balls.

I PM'd him about and he said in response

"It must have been a rough version I heard, and chris must have re-recorded all of his vocals"

oh, okay then :rolleyes:

what about what everybodystilllovesandrew said? he seemed to confirm that it was lovers in japan, and he seems like a pretty stand up guy. It doesn't seem particularly death and all his friends-ish. i know Debs and Q have said it, but I've never really felt like debs cares to make sure the fans are informed about something that doesn't involve us spending money. I know that's a little harsh, but i used to post ceaselessly on the coldplay boards and i got a bad taste in my mouth from over there.

by the way, hello everyone. i've been watching your conversations and news updates for years now. You've been an integral part of me de-stressing from work since the last days of X&Y, so i thought i'd come and hang out. Hi all.

what about what everybodystilllovesandrew said? he seemed to confirm that it was lovers in japan, and he seems like a pretty stand up guy. It doesn't seem particularly death and all his friends-ish. i know Debs and Q have said it, but I've never really felt like debs cares to make sure the fans are informed about something that doesn't involve us spending money. I know that's a little harsh, but i used to post ceaselessly on the coldplay boards and i got a bad taste in my mouth from over there.

by the way, hello everyone. i've been watching your conversations and news updates for years now. You've been an integral part of me de-stressing from work since the last days of X&Y, so i thought i'd come and hang out. Hi all.

WELCOME! Come on in a sit a spell!

Now why i continue to keep thinking over and over in my head about this Lovers/Death debate I don't know lol But I''m thinking maybe what I thought was Death was actually Strawberry Swing?? Which could be possible despite every gut feeling I have saying no. A part of me still thinks this was Lovers in Japan while the other part of me is debating myself thanks to Q and Debs. Hopefully one of those sites selling CDS will post clips those clips very very soon.

Also thanks for the stand up guy comment. thats awesome lol

Now why i continue to keep thinking over and over in my head about this Lovers/Death debate I don't know lol But I''m thinking maybe what I thought was Death was actually Strawberry Swing?? Which could be possible despite every gut feeling I have saying no. A part of me still thinks this was Lovers in Japan while the other part of me is debating myself thanks to Q and Debs. Hopefully one of those sites selling CDS will post clips those clips very very soon.

Also thanks for the stand up guy comment. thats awesome lol

haha no worries. couple of my mates have been to listening parties (just came back from being in england for a month so i missed them all) and they came out with much the same reactions as you had. and you answered all those questions, and shared with everyone. seems like a cool thing to do.

the part that mystifies me... if you take out the lyric "i don't wanna follow death and all his friends" or whatever it is, from the actual song, there's no reason to title the song or album that, because there's no referent. And that bit of Grey's is focused on death. And anyone who's watched Grey's before knows, if they're using a song that has their actual theme in it, they will edit the dialogue so you hear dashboard confessional or whoever saying "LOVE" inappropriately loud. So it seems that while Meredith is monologuing about death over and over again, they'd slap that little "I DON"T WANNA FOLLOW DEATH AND ALL HIS FRIENDS!" bit on. Because that'd be the obvious thing to do.

So, either everybody's incredibly confused (which given the title/album tracklisting / disc number confusion on every retail site and fan board on the internet, might not be that far off), or some sound editor / producer for Grey's missed a big opportunity.

Until it's 100% definately confirmed as DAAHF (which is when I hear it) I'm still believing this is Lovers in Japan. I've gotten quite attached to the title now, and I'm thinking this song is too much like Amsterdam to be the album closer, they wanted to go in a different direction didn't they? :confused:

Edit - I'm not even sure myself anymore...