• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• busybeeburns

• Reilly

• bart

• Black Rose

Top Posters In This Topic

we have another

Manchester City have added to their collection of strikers by signing Arsenal's Emmanuel Adebayor on a five-year deal for a fee of about £25m.

The 25-year-old joins fellow new signings Roque Santa Cruz and Carlos Tevez at Eastlands.

And with Robinho, Craig Bellamy, Valeri Bojinov and Benjani also on their books, City have an embarrassment of riches up front.

"I can't wait to play for City's fans and show them what I can do," he said.

"I was born to play football and that is what I want to do. I have come here to make history for this club and those supporters.

"It what the chairman and the manager told me that they want too and I can't wait to get started."

606: DEBATE

Another great signing - Champions League here we come!

LightBlueMagic

The Togo striker, who takes City's summer spending to around £80m, passed a medical on Saturday and had already been successful in arranging a work permit.

Adebayor, who was also linked with linked to AC Milan and Chelsea, spent three-and-a-half seasons with the Gunners after joining them from Monaco for £7m, scoring 62 goals in 142 games.

He scored 30 goals in the 2007-08 season but struggled with injuries in the last campaign and also incurred the wrath of some Arsenal fans, who felt the striker lacked commitment.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger said he was sorry to see Adebayor leave, but insisted he had no immediate plans to replace him.

"We're not on the verge of signing anybody but I'm able to spend the money if we find the right players," he said,

"We have Tomas Rosicky and Eduardo back so we've lost a big striker but have gained two offensive players who were absent last season.

"We also have Nicklas Bendtner, Andrey Arshavin, Robin van Persie and Theo Walcott who can play striker. We have top players we can use as strikers.

"But we'll miss Emmanuel - he's a great player. I'm sure he'll give something special to Man City.

He adds vital balance and power to our attack - he has everything a top forward needs.

City boss Mark Hughes

"If you consider the money we paid for him it was good business, but that was not our main target."

City boss Mark Hughes said Adebayor's arrival was a major step forward for the club.

"Emmanuel has been one of the top forwards in the Premier League since he arrived from France and we are delighted he has agreed to come and join us," he said.

"Along with the other signings we have made in the last two windows he will greatly enhance our ability to compete with the top sides.

"His arrival is another clear indication that we are determined to augment the players we have here with the best of international talent.

"He adds vital balance and power to our attack. He has everything a top forward needs. He is versatile, powerful, quick and agile on the ball.

"I am looking forward to working with him as are the rest of the staff. He will definitely add a new dimension to our play. I have been a great admirer for a long time."

City, backed up the huge financial wealth of their owners, the Abu Dhabi United group, are eager to break into the Premier League's top four this coming season and have shown their determination with their close-season spending.

Midfielder Gareth Barry was bought from Aston Villa for £12m and City paid Blackburn about £18m for Paraguay international Santa Cruz.

City completed a deal for Tevez on Tuesday, with the Argentine joining after City paid a fee of about £25m to secure his registration from third party ownership after his contract with Premier League champions Manchester United expired.

there are going be so mnay options in the way we attack with the players we have now got.

Lescot if he wants to come will. Everton know they dont really have much in this matter now.

Same with any player we basically we choose to go for. We can always afford it because we fecking minted.

I particularly enjoyed it!

did you see his interview on skysports news where he was all like:

'Arsenal will always be in my heart, and the fans were amazing'

what a liar! the fans hate him, the fans MADE a brochure like Michael Owens, to get rid of him!

Another routine weekend as United win and City lose

_46081543_pirates_man_city09_226.jpg

Orlando Pirates 2-0 Man City

Orlando Pirates beat a makeshift Manchester City side 2-0 in the first game of the Vodacom Challenge in South Africa on Saturday.

Lucas Thwala put Pirates ahead on 36 minutes from the penalty spot and Botswana midfielder Phenyo Mongala scored the second on 56 minutes.

City's new signing Carlos Tevez watched from the sidelines in Polokwane.

Manager Mark Hughes said it was "too dangerous" (:laugh3: isn't that what these games are for? :laugh3:) to field Tevez and Roque Santa Cruz as they lacked fitness.

Zimbabwean Benjani Mwaruwari played for City, who never threatened to take the initiative in the match.

The English club face Kaizer Chiefs on Tuesday in Durban before meeting the winners of a play-off between Chiefs and Pirates in the final next Saturday in Pretoria.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/8157607.stm

well I reckon now thats only gonna be for one season.

Just think, we might be planning to upgrade the midfield like we have done upfront.

We might already think at this rate we already have enough in midfield, however as we have already proved, we gonna have a luxury of players up front we may now go on to do the same for the midfield and defence.

Expect quite a few more players to show up it would not surpriase me if we went on to try and get a player from liverpool, not just becuase he is a good player in order to weaken them as a team. Also no one has put in a bid for Ribbery yet, the club says they want 70 million euros, maybe we should put in a bid and see what happens, it will be yet another player who is no longer on the market.

I am sure there are others out there too of whom we could aquire.

No you won't.

the only so called "big players" that have signed for you are riding the money train.

they don't have a passion for the club. they don't give a shit about the fans.

I feel sorry for man city fans because you deserve committed players.

Adebayor left for the money.

Tevez "refused" real madrid? (that's a lie)

and Santa Cruz had fallen out with the fans after his lack of commitment and will do the same in manchester.

You won't break the top 4, you won't sign john terry, or vidic, or ashley cole.

because everybody outside of manchester city knows that your club has turned into one massive joke.

yea ok, so when the other teams have lost their best players to us, or as a consqeunce of our attempted aquistions we have made a change to quite a few footballl teams..

we will force chelsea to give terry more money. we have unsettled them... bullying chelsea what Irony....

We have everyone now competing to be our feeder cliubs...

Real Madrid.. Robinho

Barcelona ... begging emails from the chairman (president )

Man Utd .. Tevez

Chelsea..... SWP and bully them for terry.. ben heim can not even get in the reserve team....

Arsenal.... Well yesterday

Aston Villa ... another england internatinal

quite impressive dont you think so....

come on we had teams like barcelona come out with the beggin bowl, we will just get everyone and as a direct consquence the other teams wont have the players to compete anymore.