✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Reign of Love Appreciation Thread

There seems to be a lot of hate for this song, with some people calling it "filler" at best.

Some of us, though, see the song for what it really is - a beautiful, and ultimately necessary, breath of fresh air in the middle of an album full of all sorts of different sounds. Having this lovely lullaby of bells in the center of the album, keeps me from getting overwhelmed by the heavier material.

For those complaining about the over-production of most of the album (an opinion I don't agree with, by the way), why not look to Reign of Love?

---------------

Reign of love

I can’t let go

To the sea I offer

This heavy load

Locust wind

Lift me up

I’m just a prisoner

In a reign of love

Locust wind

How I wish I'd spoken up

To a reign of love

Reign of love

By the church, we're waiting

Reign of love

On my knees go praying

How I wish

I'd spoken up

Away get carried

On a reign of love.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think ROL is another song that needs to grow on me after a while just like COL did (which is one of my faves now)

ROL has a lot of potential....just hasnt amazed me yet....need to give it a few more listens!

Gone back for a second listen. It does the same thing to my insides that Pachelbel's Canon in D does. In fact, if I wasn't already married, I'd be walking down the aisle to Reign of Love instead of Pachelbel

i enjoy reign of love, and i think its placement is why people arent considering it any good. i mean it might be the weakest on the album, but that by no means makes it bad. i think its just squashed between two other really good songs, so it doesnt live up to them. but yeah, i do like it quite a bit.

Personally this is one of my favorite cuts. The piano delay is beautiful. The chord progression is perfect. And its right where it needs to be in the album. It makes a great bridge from Lovers to Yes.

To all you ROL lovers out there, I've got your back! :D

I am really shocked by everyone's dislike for this song. It is classic Coldplay baby!!! Absolutely beautiful piano melody. I think it's great as a bridge, I actually think it might have failed if it were its own stand-alone track. But it reminds me of a lullaby in some way that gives the album an extra kick of variety. While definitely not the greatest track, it is definitely in my top 5 or so. Beautiful in every way!!!

after a bunch more listens....i like this song. its definitly a nice slow song compared to the rest of the others.

but dont the chimes sound extra? it seems like they tried to squeeze another instrument haha. great song nonetheless.