✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The WORST song on the album!!!!!!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's not a duff one on there - and that's the first time I've said that about a Coldplay album.

My least favourite is Reign of Love - it's a great song, but it's not grabbed me like most of the others have.

Current favourites (though it changes with every listen) are Lost and Strawberry Swing

What an idiot, you start a thread complaining about a song and then after just a few more listens you decide it's ok?! I'd say that if you don't like LIJ then there must be quite a lot of Coldplay songs you don't like pal.

I agree with Lowley though, the acoustic version works better.

I NEVER ONCE SAID I DID NOT LIKE IT, all I said was that I thought it was the worst song on the album, isn't there a worst song on every album? there must be!, it's common sense and by the way m8, I own all of Coldplay's album and there is not a single song I do not like, get your facts staright m8, and I'm sorry for any misunderstanding, but there is no need to insult people on a forum, what I am doing is stating facts!, sorry to everyone else on this thread and forum who has had to read the ramblings of a mad man!...

I find it weird that they decided to put these songs together, because are the two songs I am consistently the least interested in listening to. It doesn't help that they're sandwiched between two of the ones I am the most interested in listening to.

I hope these songs grow on me, because right now I actually think the album might be better with only one of them.

I like the jaunty piano in "Lovers In Japan", though.

I'd say yes or CSC are this album's "a whisper". Lovers in japan is the clocks, and it's one of my faves.

I also think reign of love is the one song that seriously seperates this album from the feel of AROBTTH because it's a patient song. It's not strictly structured, or impatient, it's the "relax, slow down, soak it in song"(even green eyes had an urgency about it... ), the parachutes of the album. I love the reverby effect and tingly percussion and guitar. Great chords. I like how it's not out to be a chart soaring epic, and how it keeps going for a few extra bars at the end.

I NEVER ONCE SAID I DID NOT LIKE IT, all I said was that I thought it was the worst song on the album, isn't there a worst song on every album? there must be!, it's common sense and by the way m8, I own all of Coldplay's album and there is not a single song I do not like, get your facts staright m8, and I'm sorry for any misunderstanding, but there is no need to insult people on a forum, what I am doing is stating facts!, sorry to everyone else on this thread and forum who has had to read the ramblings of a mad man!...

Hey, just ignore people who attack you. I respect your opinions, even though I feel differently. Although I was very much the same as you at one point. I hated LIJ, but after a while I came to love it.:D

LIJ is my least favorite too. I just can't get past it sounding exactly like a U2 song. There's this one part where I swear he sounds exacty like Bono. I can't get it out of my head the whole time I'm listening to it.... and I hate U2.

on the other hand, I absolutely love Reign of Love. It's such a beautiful little gem on the album.

Are you fucking kidding? this song is my favourite song on the album at the moment.

Cemeteries was always my favourite but recently since seeing them play Lovers live, have started playing it over and over and I absolutely love it

you'll all change your minds when you see it live with the butterflies, I promise.

Some of the lyrics in Lovers in Japan are kind of dumb ("They are turning my head out, to see what I'm all about"? Huh?) but other than that it's a good song...certainly better than Reign of Love or Chinese Sleep Chant, both of which I find pretty uninteresting (they have mostly incomprehensible or meaningless lyrics, and get kinda repetitive). I wouldn't say LiJ is the best song on the album, not even close...but it's not the worst.

They are turning my head out, to see what I'm all about"? Huh?

are you serious?

they make total sense.

it's like saying his lover is trying to get inside his head to understand him better.

the full lyric should be "turning my head inside out" but of course that doesn't fit :)