✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The end of Cementries of London IS SPINE TINGLINGLY BRILLIANT!

iPsy

I've heard the whole album maybe twice, but I've heard COL about 40 times,lol...and STILL I forget that piano bit at the end is coming. It's just such a yummy little bonus on an already perfect song, and it adds to the song's charm SO MUCH!:D

Have I mentioned I kinda like this song???? (lol)

• 2 weeks later...

It does have a perfect ending; and come to think of it, Coldplay seems to have gotten past their issue of often messing up a great song near the end (*cough*Low*cough*); none of the songs on Viva La Vida have that problem. Most of them actually save the best bit for the end...like Cemeteries of London. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Whenever I hear this I get a vision of what the piano solo might look like on a video.

As the song furiously comes to a halt, suddenly you see Chris, all alone, in a huge, old, dark mansion. There is moonlight coming in a window, illuminating Chris. He's standing in front of an old Grandfather clock. Chris reverently turns the minute hand of the clock until the clock strikes midnight. Then you hear the two lines of the piano solo as if they were the chimes of the clock. Chris closes the clock face. End of video.

Do you like? That's just something I imagined the first time I heard the song. I wanted to share it. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Everytime I hear this song I get chills... the lyrics are beautiful, just BEAUTIFUL. And I love the "la la la" sound... ahhhh, sooo good. And my favorite line in the song is, "there are ghosttowns in the ocean".... WOW!

And yes... that ending... Sooooooo brilliant. Just right... and just beautiful, and shiver-worthy.

Whenever I hear this I get a vision of what the piano solo might look like on a video.

As the song furiously comes to a halt, suddenly you see Chris, all alone, in a huge, old, dark mansion. There is moonlight coming in a window, illuminating Chris. He's standing in front of an old Grandfather clock. Chris reverently turns the minute hand of the clock until the clock strikes midnight. Then you hear the two lines of the piano solo as if they were the chimes of the clock. Chris closes the clock face. End of video.

Do you like? That's just something I imagined the first time I heard the song. I wanted to share it. Thanks!

Wow, you have perfect imagination...

I fell in love with this song from the first time I heard it. It reminds me of Shiver (it has got a bit similar tempo and rhytm) and maybe is better than most of songs of Coldplay, written in the past years. And the lyrics are sooo different from everything they have written...

And seeing this song live on Youtube made me happy...I hope to watch it in a good quality or on a possible DVD release...someday.. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Wowowow. That's amazing.

I'll accualy draw up a storyboard for the song. I just got loads of ideas rushing through my head!!!!