✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

03-Oct-2008: The Ahoy, Rotterdam - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Stefan8

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to make a review/short story about my trip I guess.. it’s been a week now. Aww, time flies ! it’s gonna be quite similar to what Carla said so you know the story..

Friday, 3rd October, early morning, I took my train to Paris to get another train to Rotterdam ! that’s insane.. I’m skipping uni to see Coldplay in The Netherlands Woow ! Plus, my sister just called me and she’s in labor and about to give birth.. and I’m not there for her. Aww..

So the trip is LONG, and I don’t get that much sleep .. too excited for that!

3:36pm I’m in Rotterdam !! That city’s AMAZING, I’m impressed ! gotta find the subway to go the The Ahoy.. People are SO nice and helpful. Thanks to two very nice men I managed to get to the venue safely ! OMG, I’m there and I can see Carla waving at me from far away ! Weee ! so we met for the first time and I felt like very close already ! She’s AWESOME, Carla you’re AWESOME ! I’m waiting in the line a little behind her, about 20 people between us. And then I got a phone call from my sister who wanted to tell me to enjoy as much as possible and that she understood that I had to go and couldn’t be there with her ! Btw, it’s a girl (I know it’s not really Coldplay related but it made my day even better, so it’s important for me that this part’s included in the story !) I almost cried.. Later, still waiting I met that group of women, they were crazy but in a nice way. I talked a lot to one of them and told her about the previous concerts I attended, and she was so impressed that she nicely told me and kept repeating that she would definitely let me take her spot if she ended up being in front of me ! HOW NICE ! Thanks Sally (I think that’s how you spell it..) !

6:35pm they finally opened the door. No security to stop me, no one checked my bag so I ran and tried to find Carla calling my name. At first, that lady between us wouldn’t let me go with Carla. But later, she understood that we had to be together and let me go in front of her. So I was second row, just behind Carla ! I told you Dutch people are THE BEST ! We were sitting on the floor with our balloons writing funny little notes on them as ‘thump a bass, hump the bassplayer’, ‘spreading the R#42 love’, ‘Phil is hot’, ‘thanks Coldplaying.com’ ..etc.. I think people were a bit annoyed.. but who cares!

I cant remember the time, but then Albert Hammond Jr came on stage ! Oh it was really nice ! and we saw Reno (whose name we didn’t know at that time) and he saw us clapping (we were probably the only ones with Carla’s sister at some point haha!) and waving balloons. It was GREAT ! But I couldn’t wait to see Coldplay for the 5th time in 33 days !

And then COLDPLAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Always as intense as the first time you see them. You’re excited, scared, happy, thrilled, worried but overall overwhelmed with joy ! And it’s even better because you share the same feeling with 10 000 people at the same time !

Highlights of the show :

-Life in Technicolor : the crowd go nuts ! and you’re full of energy, even after a long trip by train, or very long hours of waiting outside the venue !

-Clocks : awesome live, I’m sure you’ll all agree !

-SOS : The cameraman wants to film my banner ‘Nothing matters except life and the music Coldplay make’ and put it on the screens at each side of venue ! OMG ! we got so excited about it ! THANKS A LOT FOR DOING THAT !

-CSC : I cant get over this song ! especially live ! I love it !

-B-stage part, always nice! And it’s the right to time to just lean on the fences or someone and just breathe, because you know you’re gonna need ALL your energy for Viva which is coming next ! Haha!

-Guy and Jonny having a laugh on the main stage while Chris is doing his thing on the B-stage.

-Viva la vida and Lost! How can they not be highlights !?!

-Politik : time to give everything you have left ! it really really is one of the best thing live !

-Lovers in Japan : OF COURSE ! the butterflies awwww !

-Yellow : all four of them laughing at something, they always crack up ! it’s priceless to see !

-The cameraman coming to us and giving his setlist to Carla. Carla’s brother in law getting Will’s drumstick. AND Matt giving me Jonny’s setlist that he held in his mouth OMG haha !

Again, AMAZING CONCERT ! The band’s always GREAT and really into it even though they’re fucking exhausted ! They’re giving us so much when on stage ! You gotta love them for that !

After the show, we (Carla, Lauren and myself) went to the backstage entrance and waited a LONG TIME ! People were coming in and out and a lot wondered what the fuck we were waiting for.. DUH isn’t it obvious, stop looking at us like that you prick ! Just kidding ! Most of them were really nice and answered when we said Good evening and everything. And then, Pete from Oxfam showed up. I HAD TO say something, so I came up with a casual ‘Hey thanks for the blogs, they’re great!’ .. smooth, right ? He was soooo surprised and wondered if we were really talking to him. Carla said his name and he felt even more embarrassed ! That was cute. He really is a nice guy and kind enough to take some of his time (it was pretty late) to stop and chat with us. Take a photo as well ! So, we talked about a lot of things and we said we would see him the day after in Antwerp (and we did =D See his blog ! Yay! ). Afterwards, we met Reno Bo (Albert Hammond Jr’s bass player), and he was very kind too. We took a picture, we talked and later he came back to see us to give us some setlists and the sheet of their schedule, and he signed them ! It was lovely ! I was really really impressed by how people had been SO amazing to us all day long ! It was that security guard’s turn to be helpful and kind. He kept looking at me through the window. I thought he wanted us to leave but he was smiling. And then he came out and told us Chris was still there ! I cant believe he just told us OMG ! and gave us updates about when Chris was supposed to leave and everything ! Weeeee !

AND AND AND, IT HAPPENED !!!! CHRIS MARTIN was coming right to us ! OMG OMG OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant described how it feels, really cant ! but I know it’s really close to heaven ! Haha ! it’s just so impressive, you’ve been dreaming about that day for sooo long and you imagined that scene in all the different scenarios possible BUT you never think it’d be that perfect ! Chris seemed so shy, I mean after all these successful years and all the great things that happened to him, he’s still amazed when he sees three desperate girls waiting in the rain after a concert for him to just sign something. I bet it’s like part of his everyday life but still, he’s not used to it ! He was so sweet and kind, and he just took his time and was in no rush even though people were waiting for him to get inside that car. It didn’t last long but more than I would’ve ever expected ! and then after we took a pic and talked a bit, we told him we would see him in Antwerp to which he replied : ‘okay see you tomorrow!’ (AND HE DID !!!!!!!!!!!! See reviews for Antwerp =D). and then when he was inside the car, as we were waving at him to say bye and just knocked a few times on the tinted windows as a reply to our waving !

Was it like the best night ever ? HELL YEAH DEFINITELY !!! what could make it even better ? maybe, if he’d recognized us the next day… oh wait, HE FUCKING DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My videos

My photos