✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

03-Oct-2008: The Ahoy, Rotterdam - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Stefan8

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah me and chavi are both going! front row for the last time!

chris said he'd look for us!

sorry I forgot to flip!

DSC01280.jpg

DSC01279.jpg

DSC01278.jpg

Lots of dreams are coming true this year thanks to the boys and their incredible music :)

These photos...just WOW :o:dance:

hey Carla, why didnt you tell anyone about us going to the hotel and the airport to see if the band was there ? :lol:

I know there was nothing to see there but still, it shows how crazy we are ! :D :uhoh: :lol:

which is why I didn't tell :P

So now, well I'd like to give you my version of THE encounter, forgive me for a somewhat selective memory lol.

At the concert, Carla and Chavi were front row of course, I was seated at the rear not too high up, right across from the accoustic set:). I loved the concert, and that is not saying much. I'll try and do a proper review of that some time soonish.

The amazing thing is that this was my first Coldplay concert. I am protected from above I guess. Always have been, or else I wouldn’t even be here to tell the tale lol

So we meet afterwards with the girls at the appointed spot and go together to the artist's door where we had previously seen some movements.

Immediately C&C remark that the german vans are still parked. A security guy tells us : everyone has left, since Antwerp is so nearby, they went home for the night (???) We thank him politely (although probly Carla told him she didn’t believe him lol), we look at each other, and "No way" this doesn't make sense. I didn’t' look at the time, it was probably around 11H30 pm. We start waiting :whistle:

Some interesting people come and go : Miller (our Roadie 42) in a hurry, so we just yell thank you - Vicky, who decorated the Bakery and painted the beautiful guitars, same thing she just smile and says thanks (see Chavi's picture on this thread somewhere)- then Pete of Oxfam (sounds like a title lol) who is the organizer of voluntary teams, he is too cute, we talk a lot with him..

We ask him if he would be so kind as to keep us updated about who is inside. Or maybe it was him who offered. :nice:

Then we see Reno the bassplayer of Albert Hammond Jr.. The girls are fans of Guy, and of bassplayers in general, so they talk to him quite a bit. So much so that he comes back later with setlists ! (see Chavi's pictures)

And then, the security guy who was seeing us still hanging around in spite of the chilly rain comes out and says : " I believe he is still inside " With that, we knew for sure it was Chris :dance:

After another 1/2 hour and some details I cant recall (I was busy moving around, trying to keep the cold from creeping up me legs lol) the girls were cold and thirsty too. We realize someone is coming out, we get ready (it was around 01H30 maybe).

And there he is, with his Obama shirt, a black jumper loosely slung on the shoulder, his small sports bag hanging at his side. Some friends with him, maybe Albert, I did not even see them, my eyes were stuck on him.

Immediately when he sees us he says : "Oh no !" and walks towards us asking for a marquer pen to sign the cd covers and leaflets C&C are presenting him gently. He looked so moved that we had waited like that.

He begins the signing and I say " you sing beautifully, tonight, is your cold better ?" and him with his smile "oh yes yes thanks". Then he says "thank you for waitin like that in the cold" and me "yes we are cold but we are very happy".

While he is signing for my girlfriends, I ask him whether he wants to sign my t-shirt "because it's all I have " lol (not so well prepared, except for the cap and shawl this girl).And I am opening the coat, lifting my jumper and pulling the t-shirt down with one hand. He takes the hem of the shirt to straighten it and signs me.

For this, he asks my name. I say Laurence really the french way with a nasal, looking him right in the eyes, convinced he wanted to know my name. One second in his eyes. The illusion that we are close.

He looks at me without talking, a very deep look, meaning "you can do better that that" an air of softmannered authority, imposing.

I had forgotten this for 3 days, repressed it kind of.

I answer by closing my eyes, open them again right away, I had understood that the french name did not allow him to sign proper, and that no he did not really want to know me, just to know how to sign lol! So I say Lauren, which I use in UK. He spells patiently "L-A ?"

And I " Oh yeah L-A-U-R-E-N.

Strenght Reserve Control he has. His glance is enough to make you understand. In case one did not know, a brillant mind. Well fit with enormous heart and soul too.

Someone (me? I wasn’t shivering!) let the cap of the pen fall on the ground. He squats down, picks it up ! It nearly blew my mind :sunny:

Soon the girls (you know the stalkers without border :D) have their picture taken. Me last. When I feel his arm around my shoulder, I became very calm, nearly solemn, and I said slowly "thank you very much". I thought I could feel his heart radiating. When I think about it I still feel it. I would have liked to say "We need Coldplay for this century " but of course my reason was frozen. I was not thinking. I was busy feeling. I do hope our thank-yous carried more than words. :heart:

Carla

mini_081006022620606746.jpg

Chavi

mini_081006025630860771.jpg

Lauren

mini_081006024651480585.jpg

Chris

mini_081006023516982709.jpg

Then he climbs into the van, turning back to wave and say thank you a few times. The windows are painted black, once the doors are shut, we can's see him anymore. Yet he did knock twice on the car panels to say goodbye while we are waving.

All along, he had this very soft voice for us, and a little smile, even a couple of times his big smile. Chavi & Carla talked to him about Obama, I remember vaguely, and told him they would be at Antwerp, and please say hello to the others for us. The next day he waved at them twice from the podium, he had recognized them.

I believe he stayed late at Rotterdam to work on this letter about Prospekt's March. Will, Jon and Guy had done a runner.

Thanks for your review, L-A-U-R-E-N ! :)

Just reading it makes my heart beating faster!!

And the same thing happened to a friend when we met Orlando Bloom, she said her name in German and he didn't know what to do with it as well. :D

In these moments the adrenaline is so high!!

I envy you, ladies!

And I'm very happy for you.

:kiss:

thanks Carla for the video.

you know i really feel happy when i see the video of some one meeting them always.Because it makes everything clear for me in a glance.

Than to see pictures and reading stories for pages....

Just a video will say everything for me with total proof and i feel very happy with it.

Any way great you all met them,he recognized you at the concert and took pictures with him.

Next i've to look for my turn,if i meet him i'll ask some one to record a video of that directly and post it to you instead of taking picture that'ld be fine to show all.

I'm so brilliant :wacky:

And I also have some videos from this concert, wich was a total different experience than the other 2 for me: no waiting in line, no running for a good place, people are less enthusiastic. Sitting down during a concert just doesn't make sense for me!

Nevertheless, it was awesome (especially after Viva la Vida) and I'll remember this night just as much as the other 2 :)

I'll post the videos later, the sound quality is even worse than the other ones, but hey... at least I made one of Reign of Love :) I love that song