✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

chris makes a mistake on strawberry swing

the hitcher

has anyone else noticed either an editing mistake or a mistake by chris on strawberry swing? at 2:19 he goes to say a word beginning with s but it cuts to him saying curve. it just sounds odd the more i hear it :laugh3: great song tho, one of my favourites.

lol, yeah, i caught that too, and its my fav song too!

it's a great song. at first i thought it was alright but it's one of those songs the more you hear it the better it gets. glad to see it was on the setlist at the wembley gig for their friends and family. I hope they keep it in the set when they hit the road

i always thought that he was saying the word "JUST," as in "don't you wanna/ just curve away." personally, i like it better that way, but that's just me :D

i listened to this song on high volume to try and catch this (when i did, i realized i noticed it before but thought it was the "just" thing...yadda ya), and when i did, i noticed for the first time that there's some indechipherable chatter in the biginning even after the music starts! how did i miss that before?

Didn't notice that...of course, I didn't even notice that the intro of the Life in Technicolor is the same as The Escapist until someone pointed it out. :P

He makes a similar mistake in Spies (from Parachutes)...sometimes after saying "They're all spies," he forgets he already said the second 'S' and says it again, so it comes out like "They're all spies s." :laugh3:

i always thought that he was saying the word "JUST," as in "don't you wanna/ just curve away." personally, i like it better that way, but that's just me :D

i listened to this song on high volume to try and catch this (when i did, i realized i noticed it before but thought it was the "just" thing...yadda ya), and when i did, i noticed for the first time that there's some indechipherable chatter in the biginning even after the music starts! how did i miss that before?

i hear some chatter just before chris comes in to sing the first line. is that the bit you mean?

Didn't notice that...of course, I didn't even notice that the intro of the Life in Technicolor is the same as The Escapist until someone pointed it out. :P

He makes a similar mistake in Spies (from Parachutes)...sometimes after saying "They're all spies," he forgets he already said the second 'S' and says it again, so it comes out like "They're all spies s." :laugh3:

:laugh3: isn't that the delay on his voice? I'm off to listen hehe spies is my favourite coldplay song :dance:

I agree too. I dont think it is a mistake because i was listining to their Brixton Academy live concert on Radio 1 and they played strawberry swing and Chris said just. I could be wrong but that is what i think. He could be just saying it fast.

I agree too. I dont think it is a mistake because i was listining to their Brixton Academy live concert on Radio 1 and they played strawberry swing and Chris said just. I could be wrong but that is what i think. He could be just saying it fast.

• 3 weeks later...

yes, the actual lyrics say "Just curve away" but he barely says just so that it rhymes with the previous verses or he just liked it that way cause he can easily say just completely and extend the line

• 5 weeks later...

I dont think it was a mistake. Just a classic Chris weird singing trick. Like how someone thought it was a mistake in Violet Hill when he sings "Priests clutched onto Bibles" but "Priests" comes in a second to early. He did that on purpose, to put emphasis on the word.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...