✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Twitter

Pezza

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't.... get it. Asking "what's up" is a form of starting conversation. Often, people aren't even particularly interested in the answer to this question. Again, usually it's merely to start conversation. I just don't see why one would want to know what's going on every second of someone else's life. If they have easy access to that, then what's the point of asking what's up when actually having a conversation? And if this is asked when people are having a real conversation, there is less to discuss if they are already looking at each other's Twitters all the time.

Well, that's my reasoning. Maybe it doesn't make sense, I dunno.

Twitter suddenly sprang up overnight. I'm not the biggest fan of MySpace or Facebook, and to me, Twitter is just a bulletin on crack. I suppose it could be useful for stuff like live event updates (like what Coldplay does), but for simple alerts with friends, you're better off using social networking status or even instant messaging.

Of course, everyone around me will start getting one soon, forcing me to do the same. :( Or it could end up like Friendster and hardly exist anymore.

A lot of us don't post what we're doing most of the time. xD

We post things like:

Smells like peanut butter in here.

What is history? History is women following behind with the bucket.

I'm sort of an Edward Baconhands' date=' except that my hands only smell like bacon. So really, not at all.[/quote']

"Your mother isn't dead. I'm not a necrophiliac"

It's basically just the fast track to amusement.

A lot of us don't post what we're doing most of the time. xD

I've actually noticed that. I'm pretty sure that the original intention of Twitter was for updates on what one is doing, though. Or, at least, that's what it said on the site...

I'm not asking for a whole debate on this, though. Despite that fact that I don't really get the whole idea, people can use Twitter. It doesn't bother me. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I'm starting to get slightly addicted to this i must say, I found it very amusing how the other day I put down something like I'll be earning no money this week, no shifts. WIth in minutes I get some random following me who's posts are all about making money. Something similar happened when I said I hated technology. low and behold someone in the techno business starts following me.

• 2 weeks later...