🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

White Lies

xneverwherex

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since it hasn't been posted in this thread, here is the video they did while they were here in Mexico (:awesome:) with a preview of Ritual.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y65aFZQ2R0]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

I like what I'm hearing :wacko:

I love Holy Ghost, Streetlights, Strangers and of course Bigger Than Us. I think I'm gonna love "Ritual", from all Ive heard sounds really great.

And thats a really great video. Love it how Tommy is in the same Tshirt as on the gig in Zagreb.

I saw a friend of a friend today and he told me he saw me at the gig, he works in the venue (if I only knew that) so I asked him what are they like. And he said that they're definitely the best people he had to work with. They were so nice, and didnt have any special requests expect Tommy wanted Becks, not Croatain beer. And they had lunch in the venue on the bar, they wanted pizza, not some fancy dish. And they played football, beercans were marking goals. And everyone who was there played with them.

Not like Lady Gaga who wanted 100kilos of ice, and Beyonce needed a black room with two white chairs to relax in it. (popstars :rolleyes:)

I love Holy Ghost, Streetlights, Strangers and of course Bigger Than Us. I think I'm gonna love "Ritual", from all Ive heard sounds really great.

And thats a really great video. Love it how Tommy is in the same Tshirt as on the gig in Zagreb.

I saw a friend of a friend today and he told me he saw me at the gig, he works in the venue (if I only knew that) so I asked him what are they like. And he said that they're definitely the best people he had to work with. They were so nice, and didnt have any special requests expect Tommy wanted Becks, not Croatain bear. And they had lunch in the venue on the bar, they wanted pizza, not some fancy dish. And they played football, bearcans were marking goals. And everyone who was there played with them.

Not like Lady Gaga who wanted 100kilos of ice, and Beyonce needed a black room with two white chairs to relax in it. (popstars :rolleyes:)

I hope i'll love it too!

Haha that's fun to know, I definitely like these guys :cheesy:

But that's too bad you didn't know that before D:

so guys! I'll see them this week! :awesome: but I haven't really checked their new stuff, which new songs are they playing these days?

You're gonna love it.

From the new songs they played 'Holy Ghost', 'Peace & Quiet', 'Is Love', 'Bad Love', 'Streetlights', 'Strangers', 'The Power & the Glory' and of course 'Bigger than Us'.

:D

There are some good vids on youtube of live acts so check it out!

:surprised:

I really like the video! Do you recognize some places Arantza?

I'm kinda afraid to be disappointed by Ritual, but Bigger than Us is growing on me so I hope it'll be the same for the other songs!

Not really, but I'm pretty sure it was filmed on Mexico City (I haven't been there in 9 years... wow :stunned:). Some parts look like Guadalajara though :thinking:

I must admit I haven't really listened to Bigger Than Us that closely, nor the other songs; only the small parts in the video. But I'm really looking forward to Ritual.

• 2 weeks later...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEErOUeMMhs]YouTube - White Lies - 30 Century Man (Scott Walker Cover) @ On Track With Seat[/ame]

Harry's voice is a bit too silent or does he mumble too much for my taste? :thinking:

There's a recording from their set from XFM Winter Wonderland available, I posted it in the WL MM thread. :)

I just listened to the previews of all the songs from Ritual on iTunes... I think I'll love Come Down. :)

Not bad but it seems it'll be in the same style of no.1 indeed / 80s.

Perrine and me got our tickets btw. :dance:

EDIT: I'm so behind... did you see this?

YouTube - White Lies - 30 Century Man (Scott Walker Cover) @ On Track With Seat[/url]

Harry's voice is a bit too silent or does he mumble too much for my taste? :thinking:

There's a recording from their set from XFM Winter Wonderland available, I posted it in the WL MM thread. :)

I just listened to the previews of all the songs from Ritual on iTunes... I think I'll love Come Down. :)

Not bad but it seems it'll be in the same style of no.1 indeed / 80s.

Perrine and me got our tickets btw. :dance:

EDIT: I'm so behind... did you see this?

Yeah I guess it won't be a major change in their music style, I should like it!

Squeeee we're going to see them again :dance:

Found this

London Oxford Circus HMV Instore - 17th January

White Lies have just confirmed an instore performance at HMV Oxford Circus in the heart of London on Monday 17th January.

The band will celebrate the release of 'Ritual' with a live instore appearance and a signing session for the fans straight afterwards.

Entry is free so make sure you get there early. It all begins at 6pm.

and this

whtieliesnylon.jpg

and this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w6x34eqa6s]YouTube - Xfm's Winter Wonderland with Cuervo Tequila - White Lies interview[/ame]

instead. :lol:

Here are the pics from Q Magazine:

th_c218898d.jpg th_99a27a14.jpg

th_b2bc5d2c.jpg th_88a05c04.jpg

th_8c41b3f3.jpg

th_9a4fa61d.jpg

th_2973f6f7.jpg

I love it!

"Cave once did a phone interview pretending to be McVeigh by 'speaking posher than normal'."

"when McVeigh employs the service of a club bouncer as 'bodyguard' it prompts Cave to regale him with a giggling falsetto parody of Lady Gaga's 'Paparazzi'."

EDIT:

I forgot the album review :facepalm:

Will add it tomorrow. :)