✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

White Lies

xneverwherex

White Lies is my new favorite band. Since seeing them at The Empty Bottle in Chicago, and then again at Lollapalooza and then a third time at The Mercury Lounge - they might just be one of the best newer bands out there. Their first single "Unfinished Business" is so worth a listen. (on their myspace page)

And to make it all better - the band are the nicest guys Ive ever met. Harry (the lead singer) who seems quiet is quite talkative offstage. He remembered me from all the shows and meeting me at Lollapalooza and talked of upcoming gigs and finally going home to London, and probably now thinks im a stalker!

West London trio White Lies hasn't been around for long, and its members - Harry McVeigh (vocals/guitar), Charles Cave (bass) and Jack Brown (drums) - are all still just shy of 21, but they've already got considerable stage experience under their belts; prior to launching White Lies the boys got off to a promising start under the name Fear of Flying. The name change came just in time, because they're now cleared for take off with enough U.K. buzz behind them to launch them into the stratosphere. Fortunately, they've got exactly the kind of epic, cinematic sound - likened to such models as U2, Echo & the Bunnymen, Joy Division and pre-Fisherman's Blues Waterboys - that can keep them airborne.

Heres a list of upcoming show dates:

Aug 8 2008 8:00P

Haldern Festival Haldern

Aug 9 2008 8:00P

Field Day Festival Hackney, London

Aug 14 2008 8:00P

Pukkelpop Festival Hasselt

Aug 15 2008 8:00P

Frequency Festival Salzburgring, Salzburg

Aug 16 2008 8:00P

Lowlands Festival Holland

Aug 23 2008 8:00P

Reading Festival Reading

Aug 24 2008 8:00P

Leeds Festival Leeds

Sep 21 2008 8:00P

Club Ifor Bach Cardiff, Wales

Sep 22 2008 8:00P

Night & Day Manchester

Sep 24 2008 8:00P

Little Civic Wolverhampton

Sep 25 2008 8:00P

Bodega Nottingham

Sep 26 2008 8:00P

Leadmill Sheffield

Sep 28 2008 8:00P

Thekla Bristol

Sep 29 2008 8:00P

Komedia Brighton

Oct 1 2008 8:00P

Arts Centre Norwich, East

Oct 2 2008 8:00P

The Cluny Newcastle Upon Tyne

Oct 3 2008 8:00P

King Tuts Wah Wah Hut Glasgow

Oct 4 2008 8:00P

Faversham Leeds

Oct 6 2008 8:00P

Carling Academy Oxford

Oct 7 2008 8:00P

ICA - SOLD OUT London

2734672609_089ba36bab.jpg?v=0

2735506596_e18051d9ff.jpg?v=0

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Album is coming out soon. I cant remember if its August or October (maybe Sept), but definitely sometime soon. I got a single when I saw them, dont even know if its official that has 2 songs. They just released their second single - it says which song it is on their myspace page.

Cool, I'll be sure to get it whenever it's released. To be honest I've not listened to them since I saw them on Jools, but I do remember thinking there was something interesting about them... I'll go check out their MySpace now actually.

WOW!!!

I saw these guys live just the other week! They were supporting the Kaiser Chiefs.

They remind me of Editors, and I'm desperate for an album. I've got the track Unfinished Business, and I heard Death on the radio yesterday. Are there any more tracks floating around?

• 2 weeks later...

No problem - glad you like. I expect them to get huge - Ive noticed theyre playing quite the festie circuit this year. I only wish I had time to follow them around. Im quite sure Harry would think I was seriously f-ed in the head if I did that. He already thought it was crazy I saw them 3 times in as many days :)

i can't wait to buy their album,unfinished business and death are two AWESOME songs.

thanks for the hook up xneverwherex

• 4 weeks later...

*bump*

Death is released tomorrow in the UK, and the b-side is an awesome remix of the title track. Well worth the 99p or whatever it is in hmv or in itunes :P

whitelies_poster_05.jpg

whitelies_poster_01.jpg

btw, signed copies availiable at recordstore here: http://www.recordstore.co.uk/productdetail.jsp?productPK=unittest-oKsHfZ65HajRj1yZpN3IEb-13

and iTunes here: http://zaphod.uk.vvhp.net/click/3541335-64813/zaphod.uk.vvhp.net/v-v/080919172056http://www.authoritydesign.com/whitelies/images/whitelies_poster_05.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Do they have a song called "Blowing Through My Mind"??:rolleyes:

dont think so. found a set list of theirs - and this includes what should be all their songs.

A Place to Hide

Unfinished Business

Fairground

To Lose My Life

EST

Stars

and Death

hope that helps. and im seeing them again in a few weeks like 2-3 times if not more! woohoo!

• 2 months later...

White Lies debut album out January 19th (To lose my life)

51ddGlM%2BGaL._SS500_.jpg

1. Death

2. To Lose My Life

3. A Place To Hide

4. Fifty On Our Foreheads

5. Unfinished Business

6. E.S.T. 5:01

7. From The Stars

8. Farewell To The Fairground

9. Nothing To Give

10. The Price Of Love

White Lies debut album 'To Lose My Life' is released Jan 19th though Fiction Records.

The album will also be available to download from iTunes.

The special, ultra-limited 7" Vinyl Box Set Vinyl Edition of 'To Lose My Life' is almost sold out so hurry if you've yet to get yours.

The entire album is spread out over 5 individual seven inches, with a sixth disc featuring exclusive demo versions of 'The Price of Love' and 'Nothing To Give'.

Each disc also features exclusive artwork and the whole package is rounded off with an art print of the album sleeve, signed by the band.

I believe they are the iTunes free track of the week.

But isn't that album where according to the band in a newspaper interview will set the bar high for other albums released in 2009 as it is so new and radical nothing else will be like it?

Although i best download the album went it leaks, as I'm seeing them on the nme awards tour

Let's grow old together

AND DIE AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!

I love this band. Yes, they are morbid as fuck. They are also amazing, especially for releasing their album on 7"s.

7"s!!! I mean, who does that!?

Sorting Simon (or DeathAndAllHisFriends - appropriate.) out with a link for some stuff that has to do with losing your life, death etc.

Let's grow old together

AND DIE AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!

I love this band. Yes, they are morbid as fuck. They are also amazing, especially for releasing their album on 7"s.

7"s!!! I mean, who does that!?

Sorting Simon (or DeathAndAllHisFriends - appropriate.) out with a link for some stuff that has to do with losing your life, death etc.

Haha, thanks again! :lol: