🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

White Lies

xneverwherex

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They only played Bigger Than Us, but Tommy said on twitter they have being rehearsing new songs live the past weeks and should start playing them at the Frequency Festival in Austria in August (can't remeber the exact day right now) :)

@Arantza Hope they'll come to Guadalajara, and it's plausbile the price for the tickets could be cheap, everytime I went to see them it was, at least compared to the price I'm now used to pay for other gigs, yesterday evening it was 22€, but there was also another band playing, when I saw them back in February it was more or less the same amount.

I really hope so, and the newspaper where I saw it seems to be really confident about it (they mentioned price, day and venue).

But now I'm worried about the venue where they are supposed to play in, it's like a bar that has live music and other music related things but I'm worried about the bar part since I'm under-age and I don't know if they will let me enter :thinking:. But I'll see about the venue once they confirm it.

Yeah it's more or less the same, actually cheaper than that. They said the tickets would be $300 pesos which would be around 18€, or if you buy them before the day of the show $250 pesos (15€).

They came out to sign stuff afterwards and I got to ask Harry when the news album si coming out, he said it's gonna be early next year, that he hoped we're gonna like it and they that they're really proud of it, and you could see by the way he said it that he really meant it :D

:dance: Great news!! So jealous you got to meet them, and glad you had a good time! :awesome:

@Arantza: I really hope it's true!!! :dance:

Have fun at the show Perrine, I'm more than sure you will. There were fans of the band playing after them yesterday too when I saw them, but I was lucky enough people shifted and made space in the front row.

They were a bit unlucky tough cause yesterday it was the hottest day in Italy so far, even Tommy mentioned it in its tweet this morning, but I'm happy cause he also said it was one of the most enjoyabel festival shows they played :nice:

They came out to sign stuff afterwards and I got to ask Harry when the news album si coming out, he said it's gonna be early next year, that he hoped we're gonna like it and they that they're really proud of it, and you could see by the way he said it that he really meant it :D

A few pics, I didn't take many cause the lights sucked so it wasn't really worth it spending the entire gig doing that :P

Thanks Denise!

Oh you're so lucky! Did you get a pic with them? And your pics are really good!!

Well that's too bad, at my place they first signed stuff and then played, I was 3d row so I couldn't move... but my parents went and they got me a signed album!! :cheesy: (yes my parents met them and I didn't lol)

I wish I could've taken a pic with them, but I'm sure that's not the last time I see them anyway

I wasn't able to be front row cause they were those stupid Indochine fans (a crappy but old french band), they barely moved during the show :\

Well at least I got to make fun of them all day long (they were all dressed in black lol), and as me and my sister were the only ones knowing the lyrics and jumping/clapping all the time, Harry kinda noticed us :tongue:

Was such a great show, miss them already :sad:

(pics to come)

@Perrine

Sadly it's not looking good for me :( but there is always hope.

Aww too bad you couldn't meet them, but you got the signed album and 3rd row. That's great!

I'm jealous too! :P I want to get noticed by some artist in a concert too! :lol:

• 1 month later...

I saw White Lies supporting Muse at Wembley Stadium on Saturday and i just wanted to show you all my pics and vids from their performance.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51AD7yF-2-0]YouTube - White Lies To Lose My Life[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blQY8VzUwdM]YouTube - White Lies Farewell to the Fairground[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPbeHkHiKZk]YouTube - White Lies Death[/ame]

My pics:

IMG_1292.jpg

IMG_1293.jpg

IMG_1294.jpg

IMG_1295.jpg

IMG_1297.jpg

^^My fave one :wacky:

IMG_1285.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait to listen to their new album!!

I hope they'll be biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig after that!

Love Tommy's tweets btw.

It was good to see them at Wembley again where I first saw them a year ago. :heart:

I owe lots to Coldplay for asking them to support.

Might have mentioned that to Guy as well when we met him. :lol:

I was probably "wasting" too much of my energy on WL in Wembley, should have eaten a banana earlier, this way I probably wouldn't have memory loss for the first two Muse songs. :embarrassed:

I was wearing my WL shirt on the Sat. :)

Anyways, they played 3 new songs.

As good as that was, it was a bit bad for the atmosphere...

I'm a bit "concerned" because they style of those songs is very similar to the first album.

We'll see, right?

Here is a selection of pics for those who haven't / can't see them on FB:

1zh3b4w.jpg

10cm986.jpg

24pibll.jpg

fcn2wo.jpg

29wohmf.jpg

2yjslt0.jpg

qwwsq8.jpg

5lxg76.jpg

b3juh2.jpg

2vinmzr.jpg

As you can see I wasn't paying much attention on getting great pics in focus. :embarrassed: But I had a great time dancing and singing!

white_lies_beni09_AWH_0065.jpg

White Lies to release new album in January

Trio's second effort has been produced by Alan Moulder

White Lies will release their second album on January 17.

The currently untitled record, produced by Alan Moulder at London's Assault & Battery Studios, will be the follow-up to their 2009 debut 'To Lose My Life'.

Songs set to feature include 'Holy Ghost', 'The Power And The Glory', 'Bigger Than Us', 'Is Love?', 'Streetlights' and 'Come Down'.

Despite the expansive sound of the album, bassist Charles Cave told NME that he didn't think the album was born of a desire to break further into the mainstream. "For a long time I thought we had an album of quite inaccessible music," he said. "No-one had given us the thumbs up that this was going to be commercially appealing."

White Lies recently showcased songs from the album at the V Festival. Watch the video on the right to hear them discussing the material.

Read the full interview with White Lies in this week's issue of NME, which is on UK newsstands now, or available digitally worldwide right now.

http://www.nme.com/news/white-lies/53251

• 4 weeks later...

News from their facebook page :D

White Lies have announced details of their new album, "Ritual", released through Fiction Records, Monday 17th January 2011, and Tuesday 18th January 2011 through Geffen Records in North America.

The 10-track album, produced Alan Moulder (Smashing Pumpkins, My Bloody Valentine, Nine Inch Nails) & Max Dingel at Assault & Battery studios in London, will be preceded by a single, Bigger Than Us, on January 3rd, available from November 22nd on iTunes in North America.

The album track-list is as follows:

1. Is Love?

2. Strangers

3. Streetlights

4. Bigger Than Us

5. Peace & Quiet

6. Holy Ghost

7. Turn the Bells

8. Power & The Glory

9. Bad Love

10. Come Down

The album will be released on CD, digital, 12” 180gm vinyl and a special limited edition 7” box set. The box set will include 5 x 7”s of the album tracks, a 7” featuring an exclusive track, a bonus CD of remixes, signed artwork and an MP3 of all the featured audio.

White Lies will perform a live premiere of the album, plus key tracks from their debut "To Lose My Life" at London’s historic boxing venue York Hall on Monday 22nd November 2010. Tickets for the event SOLD OUT within minutes of going on sale in mid-October.

UK, European, North American tour dates will be announced shortly.

The band is also about to unveil details of new shows in South America in December.