✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Is there anybody from Lithuania?

Agna

Oh,that is great! I actually didin`t know that,but I do think that it is very good :}

And how about you?Do you know anything about us Lithuanians?

If not than you can ask us whatever you like and of course we will answer you.

By the way it is so nice to see people from other countries in this thread!

Welcome :>

A country in the Baltic, very tiny! the lowest in the triad (just above Poland) Lithuania-Latvia-Estonia. You've been struggling for many years to get off Russian control... And you're now in the EU. :D I wonder how's the world crisis going in your country? What language do you guys speak? A good friend of mine has this last name Vileikis and she tells me it's Lithuanian.

By the way, Lithuanians don't pull off your pants in public when you want to call people's attention, do you? :lol:

By the way... I'm Carlos Andrés and I am from Colombia. Sorry for speaking English in your thread. ;)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A country in the Baltic, very tiny! the lowest in the triad (just above Poland) Lithuania-Latvia-Estonia. You've been struggling for many years to get off Russian control... And you're now in the EU. :D I wonder how's the world crisis going in your country? What language do you guys speak? A good friend of mine has this last name Vileikis and she tells me it's Lithuanian.

By the way, Lithuanians don't pull off your pants in public when you want to call people's attention, do you? :lol:

By the way... I'm Carlos Andrés and I am from Colombia. Sorry for speaking English in your thread. ;)

I am actually not into that world crisis and those kind of stuff you know.But when I heard my parents talking they said that it`s getting worse ant worse than the day before.We have to pay a lot for all things that we want to buy,so most of us go to Poland and buy food,clothes ect. over there.You know our government doesn`t do anything.They just need to have money but they don`t care about us.And that makes me furious.My father is an architect,so it is a hard time for my family :}

And we speak lithuanian language,we have our native language :} and how about you?Yeah,Vileikis is a Lithuanian surname.

That`s funny.We don`t do these kind of things.But I suppose it would be interesting to see :laugh3:

No it`s ok,I like to speak in English with other people.And by the way I am Agna Vieversytė and I do live in Lithuania :}

Nice to meet you Agna!

as I said before I am from Colombia (our flag is very similar :wacky:), I just turned 20 this year and I obviously speak Spanish, and some English as you can see. I am studying German atm.

And I'm a uni student. I study chemistry. :)

Too bad your country is going through a hard time. I think the sittuation in every country is problematic, but fortunately for us, since we aren't a big part in the world trade, the crisis hasn't stroke us that much. (Some economist say is just a matter of time until it really happens) But I watch sometimes the international news and it's quite concerning what's happening in the EU, the U.S. and other countries. Hope things get better for you family. Actually for the world in general.

lol, and the thing of the pants is just because... the major that we had, once was director of the principal public uni of my country. One day he was talking in front of many students and many of them were booing him and not letting him talk. (students protesting for everything, they thought they were revolutionaries) So he actually got pissed and just pulled off his pants in front of the crow, and actually showed his naked butt and everyone was in shock. Haha, it was big news, but long time ago. :P In the end he apologized saying it was because nobody was letting him talk and it was part of the culture of his parents (Lithuanians) to do that. Lol.

Oh,it`s a pleasure to meet you too Carlos!You know my sister is studying medicine here in Lithuania,so :} I couldn`t say that I like chemistry it`s a bit too hard for me.But I am just a school girl so I can`t tell if it is hard or not .

And talking about the crisis yes I hope that everything will be just fine at the end of 2009.I wish I was in Columbia :} You know Lithuania is not a big country,but a small country has big problems,and doesn`t know how to deal with it.

That is a funny story :} If someone in my country would do something similar to this I don`t know what could happen.Maybe the police would be involved into this stuff.

And as I see you Colombians have a hot temper,don`t you?

Kaip tiksliai dienas suskaičiavus ;D

Aš tai dbr į jų koncertą norėčiau nuvažiuot vien dėl to,nes į salę paleidžia dideliu geltonus kamuolius ar balionus tiksliai nžn,o juose pilna blizgučių,ir dar dėl to,kad pamatyčiau dar kartą drugelius per Lovers In Japan :cool:

Rugpjūtį buvo tik 1 fanas Coldplay forume,o dbr jau net 5 :}

Nežinau,ar taip jau ir tiksliai,bet maždaug tiek.

Man tai patinka kai tuos kamuolius susprogdina... O pamatyt drugelius tai nežmoniškai noriu... Tėtis kažką man aiškina,kad nesusisiekia su sesės draugais italais kažkokiais, tipo nenuvažiuosim. Eina jis ... Aš pati susirasiu :laugh3:

Gal Lietuvių fanų? Nes tikrai abejoju,ar Rugpjūtį čia buvo 1 fanas,o dabar JAU 5 xD

Klausykit (geriau tiktų skaitykit) ,o jeigu aš sukurčiau Coldplay lietuvišką forumą?

Nu matai kaip,aš čia užsiregistravau Rugpjūtį ir nieko nebuvo,buvau vieninetlė.

O šita tema kažkur nuo tada ir yra sukurta :}

Tai taip,kad..

O dėl forumo tai nžn šiaip gali jeigu netingi.

Aš tai žiauriau norėčiau sukurt kokią oficialią Coldplay svetainę Lietuvoje :>

Aš irgi,siaubingai noriu sukurti kažką,kad žmonės turėtų kur eiti :)

Šiaip aš Alytuj dar vieną žinau Coldplay gerbėją, siūliau jai užsiregistruoti čia,bet kažkaip jinai nesugeba to padaryti.. Dar kartą reikės prašyti.

Tu mūsų senbuvė :laugh3: senutė :wacky:

@ Agna: Pleasure to meet you too! Medicine has always seemed really hard for me! lots of studying!!! There's this inconcious image on my mind of medicine students not sleeping and studying long for their exams. Btw, actually when I was younger I thought of medicine as a choice for my carreer. Just as physics... but in the end I did stick with chemistry and I think this was the best choice for me. I love chemistry. :) And what about you? I know you're quite young but do you have any idea of what would you like to study in the near future?

We with a hot temper? Who ever told you that?

@ Mitsuhiro: Hellow!

Dear Faust, you live in the South America and you dance latina dances ! it tells about hot temper. :)

Yra tų COLDPLAY dievinančių žmonių Lietuvoj, taip kad manau ir čia šitam jaukiam forume :) jų tikrai vis daugės, nors aišku ir lietuviški forumai būtų smagu. ;) Beje, įdomu būtų sužinot, kiek jum metų? :)

^ Hallo! Sprichst du Deutsch? :smiley:

Dear Faust, you live in the South America and you dance latina dances ! it tells about hot temper. :)

:thinking: This is new to me. By temper you mean, the mood or the actual temperature? lol... And about the dances... We just dance, like everybody in the world. Do you believe your dancing there in Lithuania is colder somehow or this is just about an stereotype? :P

Btw, I don't usually dance, I don't even like dancing too much.

I don't know, maybe this is a stereotype... ;) But you know, if here in Lithuania every day was so sunny as in the South America, I couldn't just stand without dancing... :) So I think the mood and temperature are connected. And all those Mexican TV serials which show how South American people are emotional, and Rio de Janeiro carnival's dances are very different from us... And I know the famous artist from your country Shakira, who seems to have a really hot temper, because her dancing is really amazing. And finally, of course, I don't say that our dancing is colder ;D It's just different, i think... But why don't you like dancing? What do you like to do then? By the way, I also know your country's famous very talented writter Gabriel Garcia Marquez. :)

Aha, aš šitą vakar irgi kaip tik netyčia perskaičiau mtv.lt ir va dbr galim didžiuotis, kad esam protingi, nes klausom Coldplay :)

@ Agna: Pleasure to meet you too! Medicine has always seemed really hard for me! lots of studying!!! There's this inconcious image on my mind of medicine students not sleeping and studying long for their exams. Btw, actually when I was younger I thought of medicine as a choice for my carreer. Just as physics... but in the end I did stick with chemistry and I think this was the best choice for me. I love chemistry. :) And what about you? I know you're quite young but do you have any idea of what would you like to study in the near future?

We with a hot temper? Who ever told you that?

I don`t know that yet,but I think that I would like to study law.I love history and I think that it`s enough :} or maybe architecture.But I would also like to study not in Lithuania but in a foreign country something like England or the USA.I don`t want to stay here in Lithuania.

I don`t know who told me that.All Lithuanians think that people from South America has hot temper :}.But anyway,it`s bad that you don`t like dancing,because I am a dancer of Latin dances and I love it :} I couldn`t imagine my world without it :}

Onute-man 16 sueis Rugpjūčio mėnesį.O tau kiek?I know Gabriel Garcia Marquez too.I like to read his books in English.

my fav Coldplay song has to be in my place... and as a b-side/non-album track I really like Animals.

--

So I see you girls, are really into latin dances? :D what kind do you know? please don't say reggaetón or I'll kill myself. :p (j/k) Well, It's not like I hate to dance... I'm just not very expert so I don't want to look clumsy when I do it, unless is very necessary. Obviously, dancing is a vital part of every party here. So when I go to one, I obviously dance, I just can't do it so well... And yes, now that you say it I believe our culture is more fun and open, like more passionate too? btw, onute (name?) you're talking about Mexican soap operas (telenovelas)? This is a big part of our culture, but sometimes I think they're too dramatic, exagerated. :lol:

You girls know García Márquez??? Have you read 100 years of solitude? it is one of the greatest books ever written!! I loved it!

@Agna: so you're thinking of Law (:/), history or architecture? since you're a student in the EU, I think moving abroad should be easy... with an scholarship, for example the Erasmus one. I also think of moving abroad to make a postgrade in about 2 years, most probably to Europe.

I like to dance samba and rumba,also salsa.These are my favorite.I don`t like to dance reggaetón :dozey:

And I don`t like soap operas too,because it is always the same action in each soap opera(telenovelas).

I think that Gabriel Garcia Marquez is a great witter,I think I saw 100 years of solitude book in a book store but I haven`t read it,but if you say that it is a good book,than I will buy it :wink3:

I am thinking of studying law,actually my father wants me to be a lawyer,but I am not sure about that yet.And sometimes I am thinking that I would like to study business too,because I am quite good at mathematics.As I have said I don`t that yet.I just know one thing-I would like to study something similar to this.I know the Erasmus quite well,a lot of students from Lithuania go somewhere abroad in Europe by the Erasmus programme.Europe is a good choice,however I do think that The USA is better :P but I don`t know why

wow, definitely those dances must be quite exotic there in Lithuania. But I understand why would you like 'em. They're so full of energy! I actually watched some soap operas when I was younger, it was fun, now I think it's boring and don't have time for it. :p

I think you definitely should read García Márquez's 100 years of solitude but I'd advice you to read it in your native language because it's not that easy to understand, specially if you've never been here and you are not related to the culture. I think overall the book is very beautiful and full of magic. It must be really hard to translate! because it has weird words and expressions - hope it doesn't lose its real meaning in translation.

About your career: you gotta think it very well! and just be sure of what you end chosing. You still have a lot of time to think :) For example I would never study law, because I think it's really boring. But you might find it very interesting, so it's mostly about what you like and not what other's think.

And I would chose Europe mostly because it is so full of culture.

I actually like them because of the energy.And besides soap operas are really boring,as You have just said

Okay,it might sound a bit strange,but it is interesting for me:do you have your favorite movie?I am just asking this because it helps me to understand what people do like better.So do you?

And I promise You to read this book and when I do this I will tell You what I think.

And talking about my career it`s hard you know,your all life depends on this,so as You said I have to think about it very carefully.You know the time is like melting snow and you never know what will happen to you the next day.I believe in destiny.And I just need to be sure if it fits me.And now I do have enough time to find it out.

My favourite is "42". Yes, my name is Onute, in English it is Anna, or smth like that... :) I also have read Gabriel Garcia Marquez parting letter to his friends, it's veeeerrrryyy beautiful! :rolleyes: :thumbsup: Have you? http://www.perryland.com/inspire5.shtml If you havent, here it is :) And, Faust, I've heard that in Mexico now it's very unsafe to live, because of the drug traffic, gangs and people kidnaps. How the situation is in Columbia? Is living there also so unsafe?

My favourite movie.... ummm.... There's not just one. I will say, La vita è bella, Lola Rennt, Goodbye Lenin!, Oldboy... among others.

Agna, Onute you just definitely should give it a try to this book. 100 years of solitude its the book for which he was awarded with the Nobel Prize and it's a beautiful reflexion of the time that passes in our lifes.... it's so happy and so sad... it just leaves you in the end with a lot of thoughts about it.

@Agna: Do you believe in destiny? I don't!! I refuse to believe that everything's just predestined to happen in a way. I believe we're now the architecs of our destiny. I know, the actual discussion about if there's a destiny or not might be quite useless since that is above our actual knowledge of nature but I'd definitely rather feel like I have some control of things. And well, I agree with you... you never know what will happen next day- :) But it's good that you start having an idea of what you will like to do for that time. It's ok.

@onute: Well, I also heard the security in some part of Mexico is bad because of drugs mafias and all that. This is terrible. Let me explain you that this kind of problems are quite common in Latin America, unfortunately a product of our undevelopment. But we're getting through. I could assure you that Mexico is really safe in general. But it could be dangerous if you go to the city were all those crimes happen. I mean, this is very localized in a little area of the north but I'm sure the capital is safe and the touristic areas.

Since I am from Colombia, I am very aware of how bad publicity/press might danger the trust of people in some countries. This is bad! I asure you that goverments work hard to keep us safe! and my country Colombia has experienced a huuuuge change in terms of safety from the big violence of 20-30 years ago. For example, this drug-related violence was once concentrated particulary in the metropolitan are of the city of Medellin. Which is now a very good city and very safe! My city Bogotá is the best... It is just like any other cosmopolitan city in the world. (You could see some images in spanish wiki, I know you might not understand, but the article is plenty of nice images: http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogot%C3%A1)

Of course I would like to say that everything is perfect but is not. There's still a lot to do for security and end violence. Still a lot of foreigners visit us every year and leave us happily because this is a very warming country. And no, you won't get kidnapped. The guerrilla is far away in the jungle and we are winning this war and they can kidnap anymore! (Bet you've heard of the famous colombian-french Ingrid Betancourt). I totally advice you not to believe everything that appears in the media. I know that some things might be truth but still they don't show all the other nice and awesome things. So you then do a research. :)

Oops, I extended a lot myself with this, I'm sorry. :-/

Faust, thanks for your circumstantial explanation. ;) Actually Ingrid Betancourt isn't the one who made me think like that. I've read a huge article about it on a newspaper and heard travellers responses on TV on a travel-show. But it all was about Mexico, not about Columbia. :) So I just was wondering how it is where you live and now I'm glad that it's really good. The pictures are cute, but in reality I'm sure it's much more fascinating. Generally South America is the most attractive continent that I would like to go to. :) So you are the lucky one who lives there! :wink3:

^ ein bisschen... heheh... me too.

Btw, now that we were talking about Colombia... I would like to know more about Lithuania. I'm pretty sure many people in my country might not know even where that is, and others might even confuse it with Latvia and Estonia! :p Are those 3 countries really that different? Do you have a strong national identity? Any interesting facts about your country? I heard you have some famous type of Amber over there. :)

@onute... I forgot to say thanks for the poem/letter of Gabriel García Márquez (Gabo)... It is very beautiful!! I think I saw it some years ago but didn't pay it the enough attention. Now that I do I apreciate it. Thanks! ... very inspiring...