✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Is there anybody from Lithuania?

Agna

^ ein bisschen... heheh... me too.

Btw, now that we were talking about Colombia... I would like to know more about Lithuania. I'm pretty sure many people in my country might not know even where that is, and others might even confuse it with Latvia and Estonia! :p Are those 3 countries really that different? Do you have a strong national identity? Any interesting facts about your country? I heard you have some famous type of Amber over there. :)

I can talk in German language too,I am the best at German language lessons at my class,so :}

Lithuania as You may know is famous for it`s history.A lot of years our country was controlled by Russia,but as You can see know we are an independent country.Actually no one knows Lithuania,people just say that is something similar to Latvia and Estonia.But I could say that it is not.We have our traditional language,our own traditions and important days.It is the biggest country of Baltic countries,besides for us Baltic countries are Latvia,Lithuania and Estonia.The climate here is not very good,as you know we have here four seasons,and know we have spring,but it does not seem like a spring because it is snowing all the time,and for me it is not good :>

We have joined European Union at 2004 and also we have joined NATO at the same year.But I don`t think that it is good for us,because we are being controlled by them over and over

And yes,we have Amber here,you can get it and visit a lot of museums in the cities,which are by the Baltic sea.

And we also have a lot of interesting facts,but they are all from history,so I think that It would not be interesting for You.But our history is really interesting.

And by the way do you know a Brazilian writer Paulo Coelho?I am reading his book now called "O Alquimista", but of course at my native language,so do you know him?I like him very very much,he is a great writer.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok. besides a lot of Agna information, I will also add some facts and I hope you won't be tired to read so much information. :) Well, our capital is Vilnius and this year it is the capital of European Culture. So I hope we'll have many interesting events. And this year we celebrate The Millenium of Lithuania's name! :) Can you believe how old this country is? I should also mention that we are the Basketball country! What type of sport is the most popular in Columbia? And soon, by the way, we are gonna have an Easter. Do you celebrate it?

That is absolutely true :cool: Our country is an old one ;)

Beje, Onute, iš kokio tu miesto?Kažkaip nepamenu ar klausiau jau ar ne,bet jei ir antrą kartą paklausiu tai nieko tokio :>

Taip, vienuoliktoj :) O jūs? Na, pavyzdžiui aš nemanau, kad prieš kokius 2, 3 ar 4 metus buvau kitokia nei dabar. Taip kad visos mes bendraamžės, visos esam jaunos. :) turbūt kaip ir daugelis fanų forumų lankytojų yra maždaug tokio amžiaus. Na, išskyrus Faustą, kuris, beje, kažkur dingo, nes neberašo. O ką reiškia Mitsuhiro? (čia japoniškai?)

Mitsuhiro nieko nereiškia :D Vardas toks... Mitsubishi tai žinau trys deimantai reiškia,tai gal mitsuhiro kažkas su trim susiję.. Šiaip toks piešėjas yra Mitsuhiro Arita, radau ant kortos, tai kažkaip visur tuo vardu pradėjau vadintis :D Man dabar kažkoks kaistas dalykas dedasi su mėgiamoms grupėm... Coldplay patinka nerealiai, bet ir Franz Ferdinand lygiai taip pat... O kaip jums?

Mhm, man patinka įvairi muzika, ne vien Coldplay aišku. Bet negalėčaiau kažkokio vieno atlikėjo ar grupės išskirt, taip kaip Coldplay. :) O Franz Ferdinand prisimenu vieną gerą dainą, tai "Do you wanna". Šiaip kiek pamenu dar daina "Ulysses" irgi nebloga. Tikrai fainos tokios užvedančios to Ferdinando dainos! :D tad nenuostabu, kad tau jos prilygsta Coldplay :) reiks kada nors ir man perklausyt jo diskografija...

Šiaip man tai F.F (čia šiaip grupės pavadinimas...: xDD) kažkokios išsiskiriančios dainos.. Ir šiao,paskaityti dainų žodžius labai faina... Man irgi patinka įvairi muzika,bet išskirt galiu tris,ar keturias.. Šiaip kas mane pažįsta (neskaitant jūsų :D ) , pavyzdžiui klasiokai, tai žino,kad aš pakvaišus dėl Coldplay, vat porą dienų išsiterliojau rankas "Viva" ženklu,tuo pačiu ženklu "pažymėjau" sąsiuvinį..

Agna, paskaityk vikipedijoj ir sužinosi :D

O kas dar tau patinka be FF ir CP? :D ir tai tu gal neterliok taip smarkiai visko kas papuola, nes tave paŽįstami pradės nebe coldplay fane, o kokia terle laikyt :D bet as cia tik juokauju, suprantu, tokia jau ta nenugalima meilė Coldplay, nieko čia nepadarysi... :)

To Sabas - I am from the US and am trying to trace my Lithuanian heritage. My Grandfather's name was Sabas. Not sure if you speak/read english - I cannot do same for Lithuanian. Is yes, is Sabas your last name?

No... :laugh3: It's my nickname... ;) :smug:

Tai tau išvis fainiai, pats žydėjimas! :D O Tau, Mitsuhiro, Paramore patinka turbūt tik dėl Twilight'o? :D Muse man irgi faini, U2 ta nauja daina "Get on your boots" irgi visai nieko, o The Killers tai anksčiau man labiau patiko, o dabar tai kažkaip ne itin... :) O žinai Fools Garden? Visai neseniai aptikau jų diskografiją ir man visai patiko, aišku grupė jau ne pirmos jaunystės. Beje buvo Lietuvoj 2008 metais, dainavo Beatlu dainas :)

Wow... 1000 years of the country Lithuania, that's a lot of time! my country has only like 200 years of independency...

And by the way do you know a Brazilian writer Paulo Coelho?I am reading his book now called "O Alquimista", but of course at my native language,so do you know him?I like him very very much,he is a great writer.

Yes, I know him, but I don't think he's that great. :p

Agna, very interesting facts about your country! it seems very cold! (hope only the weather and not the people)... is funny because lately I complain of how cold my city is (I got a flu reciently) because it's raining a lot and it's like 12°C (it is normally 18-20) during the day and the night this could turn to about 7-6°C... now I imagine a spring in Lithuania with snow!! lol.

Btw, did you know that we don't have proper seasons in this country? since we're quite at the Equator?

What type of sport is the most popular in Columbia? And soon, by the way, we are gonna have an Easter. Do you celebrate it?

The most popular sport here is obviously football (soccer)... And yes! we celebrate Easter... I'm anxiously waiting for it because we get one week-break at uni and I'm so tired lately because the amounts of laboratory work that we have. :( Is insane. I really need this break to rest a little and do all the things I need to do, exams are about to come...

and btw, is Colombia not Columbia. ;)

Yeah,actually I knew that.That`s quite good,I think :>

We will have a break too.It`s called spring holiday in Lithuania

And finally this week is the last one.And I`m excited for the holiday.

We have to learn a lot here.So as I see now we all need some holiday,don`t we? :cool:

And between Lithuania was first mentioned at year 1009.

And we are an independent country just for 19 years I think.

And I like football,that is a good game.

But I don`t like basketball that much :)

Indeed :cool:

It's interesting how though very far away our countries have some similar holidays and traditions, eh? :) Our independence was from Spain in 1810 and the name "República de Colombia" was given in 1819... to honour Christopher Columbus. We had other name before.

and about the name Lithuania, what does it mean? Lithuan land? lol.... I remember at school, while studying the great wars how once the three Baltic countries were divided between the USSR and Germany. I bet your country has had a very problematic history... I also heard there was some kind of Polish-Lithuanian Empire.

By the way... now that I'm quite curious... do you get along with your neighbors? I mean, after hundreds of years of wars with many of them... ?

Ahh, I neither like Basketball that much. I prefer football and tennis!

I am very sorry for the mistake. :) Faust, have you ever tryed to play basketball? It's reeaally such an interesting and funny game! For example, playing football requires a lot of stamina, because when I play it I have to run and run and run... and whew after that I feel so tired... :D So in my opinion basketball is more entertaining game. :)

I know Columbus, he is very famous discoverer. It's a shame not to know about him. :D So your country must be very proud of having his name. And do you keep any warm relations now with Spain?

The root of the word "Lithuania" is the "rain" in our language (you know, it often rains here...). But actually there are various hypotheses about where the name of Lithuania came from.

Yes, we had to go through many hard times. Ok, about neighbours... :) As you know Russia still has a difficult character. But comparing to some other countries, we keep quite good relations with it I think. And we are on good terms with Poland.

Rain... I don't like rain. :p Much.

I admit, basketball seems very fun to play, even though watching it is not that fun? I would be quite aware of not hurting/bending my fingers thought!!!

our relation with Spain... I think they're mostly cordial relations and not really big trade-exchange but there are many Spanish big companies controlling important banks, as well as the energy and communication sectors in this country. Some people even say this is quite a second colonization. This is quite an exageration me thinks.

And btw, onute... what do you do for life? do you work or study? :)