✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Is there anybody from Lithuania?

Agna

We all love Coldplay :cool:

I like Oasis,Radiohead,U2 and of cousre Coldplay the most

Yeah Lithuania and Poland in 1569 made one country.The treaty was named "Liublino Unija".And also Lithuania and Poland had one king,one of the most famous was Jogaila.He in 1385 became the king of Poland,but he also was a duke of Lithuania.It`s a bit complicated.Actually Lithuania was a huge country before years.And it`s said that the name of Lithuania came from the stream called Lietava.But nobody knows if it is true.

And yes we were in Soviet Union .And also Germany controlled Lithuania for some years.And at the years of the war a lot of people ran away to other countries.

And relationship between Lithuania and Russia is not good,I think.But with other countries we have warm relationships.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ummm it's hard for me to say since I like a lot of groups! but right now I'm into garage rock so I like bands like The Kills (my favourite), The yeah yeah yeahs and Kings of Leon. I also like Radiohead (Thom York), one of my most favourites is Björk... lately I listen a lot to Cut Copy (Australian dance group)... dunno if you've heard of them. :p I live Vampire weekend too!

Yes, I imagined the things with Russia are still not easy. I mean, this is a country still dreaming with being a super power, and sometimes it makes you think like WTF, with things like the gas conflict reciently in Eastern Europe. Did it affect your country? And what about Kaliningrad? is it still a disputed area between your country and Poland? do you agree with it?

And yes... I read at wikipedia that your country was once the biggest all over Europe. :p Too bad it's been so reduced.... my country also was very big, but we lost a lot of territories in the past :uneasy: (we even had Panama)

Gas Conflict.No it didn`t affect my country that much.

But as always we are controlled by Russia,we have our independence but it doesn`t mean anything,because Russia still gives us a lot of things,like gas etc.

Actually Kaliningrad is a part of Russia.And we have no other choice.So yes,we have to agree with it.

Now you will know a lot of facts from Lithuania,and that`s quite a good I think.

I don`t know that much about Columbia.Could you tell me some interesting facts from your history or something like that?I would be very very grateful.

ummm... ok... lemme think :p

We're quite a big country very multicultural and diverse. I mean, it's quite strange because for example people in the north are culturally different to the people from the center, and the people from the west is different from the south. I mean there are clearly culturally different regions... I would even dare to say that is quite as if you put the people from Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia in only one country! weird, huh? I think this is quite good because it makes us very rich in cultural terms... we're actually good people, nice, with lots of capacities and even though the big poverty in some parts of the population, we're very optimistic about life, etc (we're among the happiest countries in the world). The hard thing is that we have a very conflictive history (we've been a lot of time though a civil war, things are "normal" now) and I think it's been because our intolerance to others, the fact that we can't talk well and be on agreement to many opinions that we might have, listen to others... this is quite a consequence of our huge diversity.... We have still a lot to learn in terms of convivence. Of course this is just my opinion.

Also we are very rich in terms of lands and biodiversity, natural resources, etc... I sometimes think that underdevelopment is just an illusion to us and we have to wake up! because there's a lot to do in this country and we have the things to do it. We're not stupid. :p

what else... mmm I dunno... is there anything in particular you would like to know?

Oh and we also have very different kind of weathers! from the "hot lands" just at the sea level (tropic weather) to the "cold lands" up above the mountains. The city where I live, the capital Bogotá is 2600 meters above the sea level and we have a template- sometimes cold climate. The lowest temperatures near 5°C and the highest near 20°C all the year.

Wow, it's not so hot, but I hope it's always sunny in Colombia! :) And how these cultural differences can be recognised now? Do you eat, dress or talk differently? By the way, even here, the small country, are some differences between the regions. Suppose you know Lithuanian language and go to the village (for example, in the west) and you may not understand what these people are talking about. It's because of different dialect. :)

Ohh... you live in one of the happiest countries?! You must say the happiness formula then, because our country, I'm afraid, isn't one of them.

And... Do many people study in your country? Cause you seem to be a smart muchacho! If everyone is like you, then I really am amazed how I was under the wrong impression of those telenovelas... :) No, I'm not saying that I thought you're stupid, I just thought you don't need to study to go through the life. :) Tell more about Colombians, what manner of men are you? :shocked2:

And... I am a student of gymnasium. :) And about the music that I like... Except Coldplay... hm... Justin Timberlake, Kanye West, Fools Garden, all those that Agna mentioned... I actually like a lot of various artists and their songs... my mood tells me what to listen.

Faust, you listen to a very interesting music. ;)

I always thought that the weather in Colombia was always hot.

But know you denied my thoughts :>

But it`s quite good to have such a climate like you have.

And also as I know you have beautiful nature over there,don`t you?

I hope that one day when I grow up I will come to visit your country,because now I have the best thoughts about it.

And talking about journeys or something similar to this,do you like to travel,and if you do then where mostly do you go?I know that nearby Colombia are beautiful countries like Mexico,Brazil,Venezuela.South America is a beautiful continent.And the most important thing is that you have your own traditions from the very past.

And besides I don`t remember if I`d asked you,but which is your favorite football team?

And tennis,actually that is a good game.I don`t know how to play it.I wish I knew that.

Agna, Onute, I am very glad I gave you a good impression from my country :) Now you see that some things that you thought about us as a region/country were far away from the actual truth... other's not so much... anyway... there's a whole world to know and discover right? I'd advice you strongly to travel and come here and see it for yourselves. You also catched my attention with your descriptions of your country. I think it's very interesting, and somehow mysterious because people don't know much about it, but I bet it must be wonderful, actually the whole Baltic area... Wish I could visit your country someday *adds country to the list of countries I must visit in life* lol, there's already a lot of countries in there :P

@Onute, about the regions of my country... yeah, there are different typical costumes and music and actual ways of living, and there's even a lot of prejudice between the regions, lol... for example, they say people from the north coast is lazy (not true!!) and very noisy and that people from Antioquia (a region from the north-west) is bad and they're usurer and they're like jews that people from Bogotá (center) is cold and serious, not happy, people from Nariño (another region from the south) is silly, stupid, etc. Fortunately we speak the same language (Spanish) but with very different accents sometimes. We try to get along... :dozey:

And yes, a lot of people get to study but I'm afraid the percentage of boys/girls at primary school is less than in Lithuania. There are many people studyig at the universities but I think there are not as many jobs.... we need more jobs! By the way... unemployement is growing here because of the crisis, it is around 11%... I heard that in Lithuania it is even bigger... :-/ I hope our goverments do something about it quickly.

What manner of men Colombians are? what do you mean exactly? I've heard some times that European men are quite shy so the ladies there feel very attracted to latin men, because we're more charming/ direct... etc... does it help to your question? do you think it's truth at all?

Btw, are you a (proffesional) gymnast? :shocked2: or by gymnasium you mean school?

@Agna, I am glad you're interested in South America... I think also it is a very interesting continent that I wish I knew more! unfortunately I haven't travelled abroad, but with my family we're thinking of going to Chile or Agentina for some weeks this or the next year. I feel excited! And... about the traditions... ummm... I don't think we keep many traditions from our past. Because it was sort of stolen/killed by the Spaniards and ourselves, the ones who decided to forget. I mean, there is very little indigenous population in my country (countries with bigger indigenous populations are Ecuador, Perú and Bolivia) and most of the tribes from my country are about to dissapear. We don't give importance to our ancestral past (which is sad), and our actual culture is more an impostion from Europe western culture, but we still have our own culture in our special way, you know what I mean?

My favourite football team... I don't have one right now. :lol: I used to support real Madrid thought.

girls you ask a lot of questions! :lol: I wish I had the time right now to explain more... but I think I will soon.

Yeah,I do understand you.

Sorry for those questions,I can see now that we are asking you too much

So we will try to work it out :D

Wow,that is amazing,I have always wanted to travel to Argentina

That is a beautiful country

You know I have a little list too,and the first place where I would like to go is South America and then Australia.

It is nice that you think that our continent is beautiful etc.But I don`t think so,don`t ask me why.I don`t know.From my very childhood I have always dreamed of leaving Lithuania and living in The USA.Maybe my family members influenced me,because my grandfathers cousin`s family lives over there.And they come sometimes to Lithuania.And when I was young I just looked at them and was so jealous.So I told myself "don`t worry,one day you will go there" and I actually believe that I will.And of course we have beautiful nature over here,but the people..They are not happy,and not satisfied.

Besides you speak Spanish :cool: That is really really good.I love Spanish language.I have learned a bit how to speak Spanish,but now my knowledge vanished :D I don`t know were :rolleyes:

And football team,that is quite silly to have the most favorite football team.sorry for asking that ;)

"what manner of men are you?" - sorry, I meant what kind of people you are :D but if you say about men huge attraction, then I believe you :D I haven't met any of Colombians in reality, but I've heard about that what you say.

Oh, I wish I were a gymnast, not a gymnasist, that's funny :D Unfortunatelly, I'm just a schoolgirl. Wow, I speak so not understandable! :embarassed:

And refering to what Agna said (don't be mad!), I really don't understand people who like America so much. I think living in whatever country, would it be Lithuania, Australia or Nigeria, can be wonderful in all senses. :) But of course, it depends on the way you're thinking, so Agna, if your dream is America, you shoul really go there.

I just said my opinion. ;)

Easter breaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak... yeaaaaaaaaaaah! :cool:

So you're still at school. That's great... I miss school times when I did not have much to worry about. :)

Nowadays I'm doing a chemistry degree at uni. Oh, and I'm 20... do you think I'm old? cause I'm not! :shocked2:

It is nice that you think that our continent is beautiful etc.But I don`t think so,don`t ask me why.I don`t know.From my very childhood I have always dreamed of leaving Lithuania and living in The USA.Maybe my family members influenced me,because my grandfathers cousin`s family lives over there.And they come sometimes to Lithuania.And when I was young I just looked at them and was so jealous.So I told myself "don`t worry,one day you will go there" and I actually believe that I will.And of course we have beautiful nature over here,but the people..They are not happy,and not satisfied.

Besides you speak Spanish :cool: That is really really good.I love Spanish language.I have learned a bit how to speak Spanish,but now my knowledge vanished :D I don`t know were :rolleyes:

And football team,that is quite silly to have the most favorite football team.sorry for asking that ;)

I understand what you're talking about... and well, I don't think it's bad since we're all citizens from the world, so. :D Have you ever seen a film called "An American Rhapsody"? (very beautiful filme) The important is to remember always in our life that we are what we are because our past and where we come from. I, myself personally also think of leaving my country (possibly soon) to make post-grade studies abroad (I hope in Europe) so I can know the world more. :) Hope you get to go to the the U.S. someday.

¡Ay, señorita, si piensas venirte para las Américas, el español te será muy útil! Es la lengua más hablada en este contiente. :P

"what manner of men are you?" - sorry, I meant what kind of people you are :D but if you say about men huge attraction, then I believe you :D I haven't met any of Colombians in reality, but I've heard about that what you say.

Oh, I wish I were a gymnast, not a gymnasist, that's funny :D Unfortunatelly, I'm just a schoolgirl. Wow, I speak so not understandable! :embarassed:

Kind of people? I dunno, maybe this could help. :D http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colombian_people

btw, I know you're still at school but, have you got an idea of what would you like to do with your life in the future?

Learning in gymnasium is not so easy actually, it's very hard. Soon I'll finish it and I am preparing for exams intensively. I'm planning to be a journalist. I'm 17. I have a sister who will be 20 soon. So I don't think 20 years of age is old. :)

Sorry, that was a weird question... sometimes I think I don't like getting old. :rolleyes: I'm even afraid of dying someday... it's weird, I think life is so stupidly short. This thought has became more recurrent since I turned 20 this year. Hope you don't think I'm a wacko. :wacko:

Hey, journalism seems like a very interesting career. :) I wish you luck with that.

About the gymnasium... I bet it must be hard, I also studied at a school that one could consider hard but it's like a game when you compare it to real life and uni, which is more cut-throat. :P So I'd strongly advice you to relax a little (in case you aren't) and enjoy your gymnasium and the age you are... you'll have a lot more to worry about when you start studying journalism.

Btw, is your school feminin only or mixed? there are some "only one gender" schools in here... I didn't study in one though, what do you think of that kind of schools?

I also don't want to be 18, 19, 20 and so on... years old. ;) It's good to be 17. But on the other hand, I don't like the present (every day - learning and learning...) so sometimes I wish that time would go faster in order smth would change.

And I don't know what is to be afraid of your own death. I think It's just about others, your close people deaths.

Hey, very encouraging speech! :D However, you're right. :)

My school is mixed. And as I know we had before but now don't have any of single-sex schools. So if you ask my opinion about that... I don't know... does it has any difference in which school to study? I think it doesn't matter. And what about your point of view? what do you think about that?

Thanks for wishing me luck in journalism (if i'll study it), I'm sure I'll need it. ;)

And you say you're a chemistry guy. :D I must profess that all the years at school I had this subject i didn't like it. (Now I don't have it, because we can choose subjects till 11th form). Why did you choose it? Would you like to work in a lab in the future? It seems interesting actually. :) I have a friend who would like to research and make smth in the lab in her future (she's a girl!). :)

^ Congratz!... cannot remember the last time we won anything at an international sport competition. :wacky:

btw, about the one gender schools, it's fun I read reciently in the newspaper that some studies in the UK showed that girls in feminin schools were more focused and payed more attention so actually learned more and got better grades than those girls studying with boys in normal schools. The average...

Why did I end up chosing chemistry? I dunno I always liked sciences... and I got a crush on my chemistry school teacher, so that quite explains it. :)

11th form? how many "forms" are there at your school-gymnasium?

Hm, that's interesting statistics about schools.

If you want to get a secondary education in LT you have to finish 12 forms (classes). In basic school (from 5 to 8 forms (classes) you get only basic education. Then you go to gymnasium if you want to get a secondary. Here at my school-gymnasium are 4 forms (from 9 to 12). I hope you understood that. :D btw, we have uniforms, do you have it?

Yes I think I understand... when I studied there were 11 levels... but lately is becoming a fashion that schools have one more level... I mean 12. Just as in Lithuania. :) I don't think it's big difference.

And yes, I think all schools here have uniforms... or tracksuits... or both... but all can be considered as "uniforms" since we all are supposed to go to school the same.

btw, do you have msn? :D

choco bunny .. that is nice!

I love everything that is made from chocolate :>

All the time I was free and I have always watched TV doing nothing

Quite boring,I think,but sometimes it helps to refresh yourself :D