✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Never Mind the Buzzcocks - The Music quiz which isn't really a quiz

Black Rose

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved when Amy Whinehouse got on high as a kite, and Simon just took the complete piss.

I also loved when he refered to a singer in the panal as 'a guy from one of those snow patrol bands'

Oh and when he ripped the piss out of Noel Fielding (the twat) cornering him on how he doesn't make jokes but just unfunny random comments.

Oh and when he ripped the piss out of Noel Fielding (the twat) cornering him on how he doesn't make jokes but just unfunny random comments.

Oh yeah, and Noel replied with something about "a bicycle made of jealousy"

... or something like that...

:laugh3:

• 1 month later...

Anyone see the last buzzcocks? Josh Groban was a legend on it! :D

I know, he was awesome!!!

I hate it when Americans come on English shows and they haven't got a clue about the "tone" of it. Their press people should really let them know what to expect. I'm thinking of all the bewildered faces on Graham Nortons show (esp, back in his channel 4 days). But that guy had clearly done his homework!

Much respect, Mr. Groban!

I hate it when Americans come on English shows and they haven't got a clue about the "tone" of it. Their press people should really let them know what to expect. I'm thinking of all the bewildered faces on Graham Nortons show (esp, back in his channel 4 days). But that guy had clearly done his homework!

Yes - he was great, unlike Gabriela Killmi....................................... :dozey:

Thats what it was like when that kelly rowland was on it a while back :lol:

kelly also threw water onto simon and said

kelly : the power of christ compells you

simon : I'm a jew!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Or when you get lead singers from the latest NME-hyped band come on, who try and act cool, but ends up getting taken the piss out of.

Or when Davina turns the tables on Simon:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk7-ShK156U]YouTube - Simon Amstell Embarrassed by Child TV Appearance - Never Mind The Buzzcocks - BBC Two[/ame]

• 3 months later...

Bad news :(

Simon Amstell quits Nevermind the Buzzcocks

Simon Amstell has quit Never Mind The Buzzcocks! Can you believe that? Amstell has stated that he wants to concentrate on his stand-up after three years hosting the show. Apparently, BBC bosses are more than shocked. Amstell sent out a message to members of his mailing list on Friday night saying: "Here is some news, should you be interested in this sort of thing. I will not be hosting another series of the fun pop quiz, Never Mind the Buzzcocks. When I first took on the role, my only hope was to bring joy and laughter to the world and if I was lucky, put an end to war, disease and poverty. Now that I have achieved that, I plan to concentrate on my live work. Thank you. Please now continue to enjoy your life as best you can." It's looking rather likely that when the show returns for a new series, Simon will be replaced by a series of guests hosts. So who would be a good permanent replacement?

I while ago, in a different article, I came up with some replacements for Amstell. Some of them were rubbish... but some of them were surprisingly bob-on. The hightlights of the replacements were Marc Riley, who you might know as Lard, Ed Byrne and, my favourite for the job by a country mile, Adam Buxton. Buxton can be sarcastic and definitely has the knowledge of pop-culture to handle a show like that.

Sadly, I fear the BBC will be looking at someone like Russell Howard because he looks like the imagined audience to BBC bosses. If he gets the gig, the show will fail miserably. However, and here's a thought, Mark Lamarr could come back. He's been a bit quiet of late and knows the show inside out. Could he still cut it? Would he lose some of the younger viewers as coaxed in by Amstell?

Whatever happens, it'll be interesting to see how things develop and quite a few of you are already quite upset by this news (not in a Crying Uncontrollably way, but y'know, miffed).

http://www.tvscoop.tv/2009/04/simon_amstell_q.html

This is really sad news :(

This is the E-mail Simon sent out sometime last week. When I first got it I wondered if it was a joke or not...or at least I hoped it was a joke.

"Terrible news for the world.

Hello.

I am Simon Amstell. Here is some news, should you be interested in this sort of thing. I will not be hosting another series of the fun pop quiz, ‘Never Mind the Buzzcocks’.

When I first took on the role of hosting ‘Never Mind the Buzzcocks’, my only hope was to bring joy and laughter to the world and if I was lucky, put an end to war, disease and poverty. Now that I have achieved that, I plan to concentrate on my live work.

Thank you.

Please now continue to enjoy your life as best you can.

Good evening. "

• 5 months later...
Guest howyousawtheworld
its my favourite programme :embarassed: got all episodes with simon amstell as host on my ipod :embarassed: :embarassed:

..it is the best panel/quiz show though dont you think?

No, Have I Got News For You is by miles the best panel/quiz show on the tv.

It didn't get any better than this one.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1gwVIhJ8II]YouTube - Have I Got News For You - UNCUT - Brian Blessed (Part 1)[/ame]

New episode was okay, but not amazing. As everyone can probably tell by my avatar, I'm a big Amstell fan, and this show was missing a bit of Amstell! (Well, all of him really)

And I agree Alison, Corden laughed a bit too much. I spent most of the show thinking, "I really want Noel Fielding's David Bowie top"

Rhod Gilbert hosting next week. Should be quite good.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Thought Thursday's show was ok, but James corden was trying a bit too hard - he laughed at every joke like it was the funniest thing he'd ever heard

That man can't be taken seriously, and his comedy's shit as well.

• 4 years later...