✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

25-Nov-2008: Honda Center, Anaheim, Orange County (NEW DATE!)

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nove 25th honda center amazingness

Its a little too late to post this but i just joined and wanted to tell you all about my experience.

It was amazing, from the opening act, to the dj art show, to the actual coldplay gods themselves.

We got there 2.5 hours early which was a good thing. We were first in line for security check and first to buy the lithographs. CAN YOU SAY EXCITEMENT? yes, i can.

We walk in, and our seats arn’t as horrible as we thought. Granted they were corner stage, but we were so close that we could see everything, Basically amazing.

They sing, we sing, they dance, we dance. It was amazing, they made little jokes and we all laughed. All the songs were amazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing yo.

On a side note there were these assholes sitting behind us who kept on spilling beer on us, like ok come on, youre ruining the night of my deflowering. But on top of that, the chick next to me was really drunk and kept going in and out and throwing up. Sista fren kept flicking her throw-up ridden hair in my face, not the best smell guys, let me tell you.

So coldplay sings some more and we all just die from happyness. They do two encores which was very exciting. So we’re sad that its over and finally get up and leave. We exit the stadium and its pouring rain outside. I clutch my lithograph book under my shirt and run to the car. I cant get my bible wet y’all. We finally find the car and we’re all just dripping wet. We finally get out of the parking lot and find the freeway and in our getting lost we find a way home. We exit couple exits early because the cars acting funky. We check it out and our tire blew. YEA NOT SO GOOD. so shit happens and the tire gets changed and we all leave to go to our home and dream of the sweet coldplay.

EPIC NIGHT, but it goes to show that all good things never last, “NOTHING GOLD CAN STAY” can i get a what what from robert frost please?

But all in all, enjoyment of joyous proportions. Coldplay concert numero 2 WE WILL FIND YOU SOON!

for more go to ohharro.tumblr.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay, I don't know if anyone is still gonna check this forum but I didn't know where else to post this...but I sign up for alerts from eventful? And today....they sent me an alert that Coldplay is going to come back to Anaheim on December 5th of 2009.

Here is this link: http://eventful.com/longbeach/events/coldplay-/E0-001-018963070-5?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=favorite-performer-alert

Hope it works. I don't know whether or not it is true but I thought I'd share the news with you guys! If it is true....I AM SOOOOO THERE! And I cannot wait! I have a wholllle year to anticipaet :)

i read that post, and it says they will be in Salt Lake City on Dec 5 2009 not Anaheim.

HOW DEVASTATING!!! The event was withdrawn and changed :( Awwww how sad, I was looking forward to it too. Damn it! I wish they didn't change the location whatever it is that is happening....or maybe I can just start saving now so I can go see them there!

• 3 months later...

anaheim 08!!!!!!

i went to the viva la vida 08 tour in anaheim, ca!! it was my first concert ever and judging on all the vids ive seen of other concerts probably the best one too!! i got a seat on the side of the stage which kinda sucked but at least it was cool how i could see when the band was walking out and in behind the stage. i was soo jealous of all the people that were sitting next to the band when they went up in the bleachers; i was on the exact opposite of them :/ i got a program, shirt with the viva la vida painting on it, and pins at the concert <3 it was such an amazing experience and remember how chris said he thought the jonas brothers (ewwww) were so much younger than him? haha i loved that concert... i should have brought a camera but he ticket said no cameras. but when the show started all these camera lights were flashing and i had lots of regret :(((( oh well its not like i could have gotten a close up of chris anyway i was too far back. hey does anyone know if gwyneth paltrow was at any of the concerts during the tour? i saw a pic of her one time at one of coldplay's concerts and thought it would be interesting if she went to the anaheim concert. hey did anyone like that beginning video we saw when the dj was out? hahah i thought it was very.. interesting but cool. the concert room at the honda center was so huuuuge! well if anyone else went to this concert could you reply to this message or something so we can talk about it cus this was like the best time ive ever had in my life!

• 6 months later...

Long Post Warning

So I was not a member of this website when I went to this concert so I did not right a review for this show on here. I did however write a review for myself(or more like a story) just so I would never forget how wonderful it was.:D I went to this concert exactly one year ago today, so it just seemed appropriate for me to finally post it.

Coldplay Concert 11/25/08

So two days ago on November 25, 2008, I went to my very first concert. However, it wasn’t just any concert, it was a COLDPLAY CONCERT!!! Coldplay is my all-time favorite band, and it was a great honor for me to have had the opportunity to see them perform. Today is Thanksgiving and that is one of the things I am most thankful for in my life.

Okay, so that day I woke up around 9 or 10 a.m. since I didn’t have school because of Thanksgiving break. How very convenient that was, although I still would have gone if I had school. (hehehe). So I spent my day watching T.V., going on the computer, eating, etc., until it was about 1:00p.m. I decided it was time for me to get ready so I showered, got dressed, etc. When I was done, I told my sister to get ready as well. I looked up the directions on how to get to the Honda Center and wrote them down. We were supposed to leave at 3:30p.m., but my sister had to do a favor for my cousin and ended up leaving at 4:30p.m. It was okay though, because we don’t live that far from Anaheim. We got to Anaheim around 5:30p.m. and still had plenty of time to spare. So we went to an Italian restaurant called Carino’s. I remember being really hungry, but I didn’t even eat that much. I ordered a dish called “pepperoni macaroni”, but I ate about a tenth of it. It wasn’t bad, I just got very full quickly, but maybe it was just because I was very ecstatic for the concert. We left the restaurant like at 6:30p.m. and went to go park outside the Honda Center. There weren’t that many cars there yet, but it was starting to fill up.

We got in line to enter the Honda Center, but it didn’t take long. They checked us with the little machines to see if we had anything dangerous but we were clean of course. Once inside, I went straight to where they were selling the Coldplay merchandise. I got a sweater that says VIVA on the front and COLDPLAY in the back. I love it, and it’s so very warm. I also got a shirt where the band is in the studio recording and they all look very adorable. Especially Guy, he is so handsome like the band always mentions. I also think Chris is quite good looking too. :D. My sister got the same shirt but didn’t put it on. On the contrary, I did. I went to the restroom, took the sweater and shirt I had on, and replaced them with the ones I had just bought. We were then on our way to sit down but an Oxfam volunteer came up to us asking to sign up to receive e-mails from Oxfam. We gladly signed up and then went to take our seats. We were pretty high up on Section 440, Row P, seats seven and eight. But I didn’t really care where I sat, just as long as I got to see my favorite band in the whole world. I was listening to Coldplay, of course, on my iPod while I waited for the opening act to come out. I listened to the E.P. Prospekt’s March (which is incredible).

It was 7:28p.m. and I was telling my sister that it’s almost time for someone to come out and just then, the lights dim, and Sleepercar comes out and performs a few songs. They performed pretty well for about a half an hour or so. It was funny when someone screamed out, “I love my Obama pin” and then the lead singer said, “Oh, so that’s what you said. I love my Obama pin, too.” When they finished, the lights turned back on for a while. I was getting anxious to hear Coldplay, so I turned on my iPod again, and just as Glass of Water (my favorite song from the E.P.) was in the chorus, the lights turned off again. A screen at the front started a countdown so the crowd started cheering because we thought it might me Coldplay. To my disappointment, it was Jon Hopkins instead. I was getting kind of bored because the guy never said a word. He just kept playing music and I was getting restless. My sister told me to calm down and that it probably won’t be much longer. Maybe if the guy talked or at least introduced himself, I would have been more patient. I closed my eyes for a while but opened them because a couple was asking me if I knew who this guy was and I told them Jon Hopkins.

Finally, he was finished. It was like 8:40 something and the stage crew came out and started cleaning and setting up the stage. Then the thought hit me, “Oh my gosh, I’m going to see Coldplay!” I was watching the stage crew work quickly and then it was around 9:15p.m., I think, and the lights turned off. The crowd went wild with excitement. Then I saw Jonny, Will, Guy, and Chris coming out from the side of the stage. “Life In Technicolor” started playing and some stage lights shined on them. The crowd got even louder and so did I. A whole bunch of people stood up and I started dancing and moving around to the beat. I was so happy. I had never been that happy in the entire fourteen years of my life. A net was covering them and as the song ended, it was removed. I clapped and screamed as I saw them more clearly for the first time. After that, they sang “Violet Hill” and I sang along to the whole song because I know how Chris loves it when we sing with him. Actually, I sang along to all of their songs, since I knew them all word for word. Towards the end of Violet Hill, instead of saying “If you love me won’t you let me know?”, Chris sang, “If you’re from California, won’t you let me know?”. And boy, did we let him know!

When the song was over, Chris thanked us for coming to see them on this Tuesday night and missing whatever show was on T.V. that night, homework, or job. When he said that, I thought of my sister who missed college that day and couldn’t turn in her term paper. She told me she didn’t mind though and it turns out that she ended up getting 100% on it. I was so glad I have an older sister to bring me and I love her very much for everything she does for me. Chris also told us that they were nearing the end of their U.S. tour and weren’t going to be back in California for a while so they were going to give us a great show and a little bit more. Everyone started cheering of course but I was thinking “a while”, I hope they come back soon!” Then they sang “Clocks” ( I love that song) and Chris was on the piano. His piano is so cool; it says VIVA right on the back! The next song was “In My Place”. He let us, the crowd, sing the “Yeah” part on our own. I yelled it at the top of my lungs. My sister and I had sat down because we felt bad for the people behind who probably couldn’t see because they weren’t standing, but then “Speed Of Sound” came out and we had to stand up for that one. We sing it all the time in a game called Singstar so we couldn’t resist. “Cemeteries of London” was next on the list and I sat down again, but I was till dancing and moving to the beat in my seat. I just couldn’t stay still! “Chinese Sleep Chant” was next and that was very pleasant. I wish Chris and the band could play that for me when I’m going to bed every night. J

“42” was sung next and Chris was dancing all over the place and messing around with Jonny. After that, it was “Fix You”, I had given up on staying sitting down, so I just pretty much stood the rest of the time. Chris let us sing the last “light will guide you home and ignite your bones, and I will try to fix you.” Chris finished it off by singing, “And I will try to fix you.” Then he said, “That was fantastic singing by the way.” We did sound pretty good. :D But I much prefer his amazing voice. :P Next on the setlist was “Strawberry Swing”. Whenever I listen to this song I feel very happy because the beat is like a child having a terrific time and that is what I was having at that moment. After that song, they went to one of the ramps that outstretched into the crowd (B-stage). They played “God Put A Smile Upon Your Face” and “Talk”. I noticed that they kind of mixed the two songs together and they didn’t sound like the original songs. I later found out that they were techno versions of the two songs.

Then Guy, Will, and Jonny left the B-Stage and Chris stayed by himself there with his piano. He then says, “Anyways so, after this song we’re gonna have a good uplifting song, which hopefully everybody will sing with us and have a great time. First of all, it’s time for a song, which discusses the problem a band faces when they hit thirty years old and meet the Jonas Brothers. And now as anyone will tell you, those boys are extremely handsome and two days ago we were at the uh awards…at the AMA’s, the American Music Awards, and uh, never before in my life have I felt like an old man with no talent whatsoever, but that’s how we thought, and this is what this song is about. I think anyone who can relate to that will understand what these lyrics mean. This is called the Hardest Part.” So he starts playing the piano and then says this in a hyperbole, “Written by the Jonas Brothers who were about 2 and 4,” he chuckles, “but we love and respect them just the same.” When he said that thing about how he felt that he had no talent I was screaming, “That’s not true!” Then I thought to myself jokingly, “The Jonas Brothers can die for all I care.” I didn’t really mean it though. Anyways, he sings and in the middle of the song he says, “Oh and it’s hard to see those Jonas boys so much younger than me.” Then he continues singing and when he starts saying the “I….” part, he messes up and says, “Oh f**k.” It was pretty funny. He finishes playing “The Hardest Part” and then plays “Postcards From Far Away” on the piano. I was very happy and surprised that they played that piece.

Then all of a sudden “Viva La Vida” starts playing and the crowd erupts with excitement. Chris starts singing “Oh, oh, oh…” and everyone joins in. Even the old ladies who were sitting next to me, and everyone around me stood up for this song. The song continues normally and before the “Oh, oh, oh’s ” starts again, Chris sings the chorus from the song “Human” by the Killers as Chris falls to his knees and sings, “Are we human or are we dancer, cause I’m on my knees looking for the answer.” So then he finishes the song. We end the song with “Oh, oh, oh…” and then he says, “Thank you everybody.” Man, I love his accent; it’s so cute. That is my favorite song from Coldplay and it went GREAT! The next song was “Lost!”. It wasn’t the version that I like best, “Lost?”, the acoustic one, but I still liked it no matter what.

Then they started running to the back of the room up near the nosebleeds section. They were opposite to me but they were closer. It was a little set-up (C-Stage) and people had seats around it. They were so lucky to be sitting there. So Chris then takes a sip of water and then says, “Well then. So seeming as this is the last concert we’re doing in California for some time, we though we’d better go to the back of the room…Okay fellas this is a song that was written by Joe the Plumber in 1981, okay, okay ready? Maybe it’s not the truth; maybe it is true. Okay, let’s go; let’s stop talking. This is not a standup show. And if it were, it would be a terrible one. Let’s play the song.” I think it would be terrific stand up show because he’s really funny. So then he starts singing “The Scientist”, one of my favorites. In the middle of the song he wipes his sweat and Will’s. After the last “I’ll take you back to the start” Chris starts playing the harmonica very lovely. When he’s done with it, he gives it to someone in the crowd, that person is so lucky!!! “The Scientist” was played acoustically with Guy on the mandolin, and Jonny and Will on guitars. The next song was “Death Will Never Conquer”. I had never heard it before and Will was the one on vocals. He actually sings really nice and I think they should let him sing on the album sometime.

They then left the stage and a remix of “Viva La Vida” started playing. I was singing along to it and everyone around me wasn’t but I didn’t care, I was having a killer time. Then Coldplay came back out on the main stage and started playing “Politik”. It was really loud and brilliant bright lights shined through the whole arena. The next song was “Lovers in Japan” and butterflies started pouring from the ceiling onto the audience below. It looked so beautiful with all the different colors and the neon butterflies looked so lovely and awesome. I was so envious of all the people on the floor because the butterflies were only falling on them. The next song was “Death And All His Friends” and the boys were still full of energy. It sounded perfect. Then it was “The Escapist” and that was the “last” song they played. Then Chris said their goodbyes and thanked us all for coming to see them. Then they went to the center of the stage and bowed twice. Then they left and everyone was cheering for them. They had played and AMAZING show but I was like, “What? Is that it?! It can’t be! They didn’t play “Yellow”! My sister told me that maybe they’ll come back. We were both really shocked that they didn’t play “Yellow”! But the lights were still off and everyone was still cheering so we still had hope. Then they came out again and played “Yellow”!!! They were going to play one last song for us! There were yellow lights all around and the song was wonderfully played. During the middle of the song on the lyric “and all the things that you do” Chris pointed to us, the crowd. <3 At the end of the song everyone cheered out very loudly. It was the perfect way to end the concert. Chris waved goodbye and bowed one last time and that was it.

I wanted some butterflies so my sister and me went down and I went by myself onto the floor but they were already cleaning up. When I was going onto the floor, a security guard stopped me but she was really nice and asked, “Butterflies”? And I just nodded my head yes and she let me go on ahead. I filled my Viva bag with a whole bunch of butterflies. Then I found my sister, we took some pictures, and we left. When we went outside it was pouring rain and I mean it was literally raining really hard. I didn’t care though because I had just experienced the best day of my life and nothing could ruin it. I was actually singing in the rain on the way to our car. I was singing “Viva La Vida” and I heard someone else singing a song too. I think it was “Yellow” but I’m not sure. So we finally got into our car and we were SOAKED! I changed into my Coldplay sweater because I didn’t want to get sick. We waited in the parking lot for a few minutes so the traffic could clear out a bit. We then left the parking lot and I looked back one last time and said goodbye to the Honda Center.

There was a little bit of traffic when we were almost getting home. We got home around midnight. I went straight to bed and thought about everything that had occurred that day. I thought about how everything was perfect that day from the lighting to the songs. I had the time of my life and I was sad that it was over but I still couldn’t get over the fact that I had seen my favorite band perform live and how they were so brilliant. I went to sleep with a smile upon my face that night. :D