✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

25-Nov-2008: Honda Center, Anaheim, Orange County (NEW DATE!)

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi everyone! just got home!

no seat upgrades.....the three of us got too nervous to ask straight-forward (and plus most of the roadies were intimidating and blew us off :dozey:).

yet in spite of that, we had good seats anyway and it was fun hanging out for a bit. =)

After the concert, one of the 'nicer' roadies gave me a SETLIST. However....it says at the bottom "ATLANTA"? as in FROM Atlanta?! :stunned: :angry: :laugh3:

AAAANYWAY, concert was great. Best thing about it is that they're 100000000X better than back in July during the start of the tour!

i'll write a better review after this, but to sum it up quickly:

~Cemeteries of London

~Talk at the B-stage (totally new for me, and i <3 it!)

~CHRIS ON THE PIANO FOR "THE HARDEST PART" ON THE B-STAGE (with Will singing backup!!)....I neeeeeeeed to find that footage ASAP!!

~Postcards From Far Away (b-stage)....i think?!

~I was THREE SEATS AWAY from the guys during the acoustic set!! :D

And....I lost the other Coldplayers at the very end of the gig! :cry:

GUYS IF YOU READ THIS, I'M SO SORRY BUT I HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD TIME AT THE CONCERT AND MADE IT HOME SAFELY!!

**edit**

No, it's definitely Postcards that was after Hardest Part.

So I guess the setlist was pretty much the same all-around as Atlanta's.

Life in Technicolor

Violet Hill

Clocks

In My Place

Speed of Sound

Cemeteries of London

Chinese Sleep Chant

Fix You

Strawberry Swing

GPASUYF (Bstage)

Talk (Bstage)

The Hardest Part (piano on Bstage)

Postcards From Far Away

Viva la Vida

Lost!

The Scientist (acoustic)

Death Will Never Conquer (acoustic)

(Viva la Vida dance remix)

Politik

Lovers in Japan

Death and All His Friends

Yellow

(The Escapist)

So I'm a newbie to posting, but I have been reading this site and this thread for a while now...

But anyway...just got back from the show and had an AMAZING time!!!

I wore my Viva La Vida tour shirt (had seen them on opening night at the Forum) and I got a poster and program at the concert. So my seats were in Sec 410, and they weren't too horrible. So we watch Sleepercar perform and then decided to go get a snack during the little break. We take all of our stuff with us and go to get some popcorn and we're waiting in line and I'm holding the stuff we bought and this girl comes up to us and she's wearing a VIVA jacket and she says do you guys want to come out of the line over here with me...and my mom was like uhhhh why? And so the girl said trust me it'll be worth it. And at this point I'm already a little freaking out because I think I know what this is...so I'm like MOM WE'RE GOING lol. So we move out of the line and go stand out of the way and she's introduces herself, she's Marta who's awesome...but she's talking to us just about being big fans, etc and says that she assumes we don't have the best seats. And she says so I'm going to ask you three questions and if you answer them we're going to upgrade your seats...so I'm shaking now. So she asks me to name 6 songs by Coldplay which obviously wasn't hard (don't remember exactly what I said but I mentioned Rainy Day and Prospekt's March and LIT ii). So Marta says whoa you even mentioned new songs I'll have to tell Chris...lol. Then she asks me what Chris's two kid's names are and I say Moses and Apple; and she mentions something about two other ladies she asked having no idea. And then she asks me to say the first bit of Viva La Vida and so I start with "I used to rule the world..." and OF COURSE my mind blanks and then she says that she doesn't even remember it very much and she's been on the whole tour lol. So then she asks me to say the chorus and I do. Then she said alright do you guys have your tickets? And we said yes and then gave them to her. And she said close your eyes and I'm going to put something in your hand. So me and my mom close our eyes and then she puts a ticket in each of our hands for THE FIFTH ROW!!! I was soooooo excited that I was shaking a little...or actually probably a lot. So we just talk with her some more and we find out she controls one of the magic ball things and she's one of few people who actually knows how and can do that. She walks us down to our area and we are right next to the catwalk thing where Jonny and Chris go when they perform In My Place and they were SOOOOO close.

Overall it was an AMAZING experience.

And Marta if you read this thank you soooooo much, you seriously did make my year...lol.

The usher or whatever you callt hem next to me was SOOOO mean! Wouldn't let me stand int he asile when I wanted to stand there to take pictures cos the guys in front of me were too tall. He didn't even let me take videos! He threatened to kick me out right during Violet Hill :( I look foward to other videos on youtube....I have some neato pictures though.

Tragedy after Anaheim, CA show

To anyone who was at the show tonight:

As you may know, it was raining very hard when the show ended tonight. As I was walking to my car, several police cars, ambulences, and fire trucks pulled up. Apparently, a person was walking to their car (I heard it was a kid but don't know), they slipped on the wet cement and fell over an overpass into an empty canal. The fall was at least 40-50 feet and the person was lying face down, not moving. I offered to stay an help as I am a medical professional but was told that wouldn't be necessary. I feel so awful that this tragedy happened and wish I could have done something to help. If anyone knows anything about this, please email me at [email protected] so I can please help.

Carly

I just got home. As everyone knows now, standard set. Was wandering around a few hours before the doors opened when talkingonsquareone and jsalyers found me. We hung out for a bit by the roadies but were too nervous to ask for upgrades. Got in, hung out for a bit before sleepercar came on. Jon Hopkins was a nice suprise, didn't hear anything about him being there. Coldplay was awesome. I somehow managed to get my big digital camera with 12x zoom by security. Got lots of pictures and video.

Talkingonsquareone....I got video of Will singing backup with Chris on Hardest Part. We lost you trying to get to the floor to get some butterflies...we got plenty. Went to ask for a set list but they were out, lucky you got one.

Pictures and lots of video to come tomorrow.

By the way, while waiting outside we heard the soundcheck. Defiantly heard LITII and a techno Square One.

Hello everyone, just got home a little bit ago. Man it was raining hard tonight!

Well not much luck tonight with anything as you all know, but totally ok. Next time;)

Lori thanks again for taking the live updates and staying up late for me, I really appreciate it:kiss:

My seat was reletively close, but my aunts so called great camera wasnt so great. I did get pictures and some video footage, I hope that they come out at least decent. Even though they look like they were taken from far away. Anyways enough rambling, show was FUCKING AMAZING, met some cool coldplayers;) And ill sleep peacfully tonight with Coldplay playing in my head. My review and pics will be posted soon!!! Ok, off to the airport now:D

Bye!!!

Hello everyone, just got home a little bit ago. Man it was raining hard tonight!

Well not much luck tonight with anything as you all know, but totally ok. Next time;)

Lori thanks again for taking the live updates and staying up late for me, I really appreciate it:kiss:

My seat was reletively close, but my aunts so called great camera wasnt so great. I did get pictures and some video footage, I hope that they come out at least decent. Even though they look like they were taken from far away. Anyways enough rambling, show was FUCKING AMAZING, met some cool coldplayers;) And ill sleep peacfully tonight with Coldplay playing in my head. My review and pics will be posted soon!!! Ok, off to the airport now:D

Bye!!!

Hey Joe, glad you had a good time, despite the Coldplay Karma not being turned on tonight:\. We were all pulling for you, though!!! No biggie, there's always gonna be a next time!:wink3::D Thanks for texting...I just read back what I missed...felt like I was there & here as it was happening LOL

Lori, awesome job live-updating!!! Sorry you fell asleep in the middle there:lol:.

Thanks everyone for reviews, it's always so fun to read...though it makes me wanna go to a show right. now.:cry: hehehe

So I'm a newbie to posting, but I have been reading this site and this thread for a while now...

I wore my Viva La Vida tour shirt (had seen them on opening night at the Forum) and I got a poster and program at the concert. So my seats were in Sec 410, and they weren't too horrible. So we watch Sleepercar perform and then decided to go get a snack during the little break. We take all of our stuff with us and go to get some popcorn and we're waiting in line and I'm holding the stuff we bought and this girl comes up to us and she's wearing a VIVA jacket and she says do you guys want to come out of the line over here with me...and my mom was like uhhhh why? And so the girl said trust me it'll be worth it. And at this point I'm already a little freaking out because I think I know what this is...so I'm like MOM WE'RE GOING lol. So we move out of the line and go stand out of the way and she's introduces herself, she's Marta who's awesome...but she's talking to us just about being big fans, etc and says that she assumes we don't have the best seats. And she says so I'm going to ask you three questions and if you answer them we're going to upgrade your seats...so I'm shaking now. So she asks me to name 6 songs by Coldplay which obviously wasn't hard (don't remember exactly what I said but I mentioned Rainy Day and Prospekt's March and LIT ii). So Marta says whoa you even mentioned new songs I'll have to tell Chris...lol. Then she asks me what Chris's two kid's names are and I say Moses and Apple; and she mentions something about two other ladies she asked having no idea. And then she asks me to say the first bit of Viva La Vida and so I start with "I used to rule the world..." and OF COURSE my mind blanks and then she says that she doesn't even remember it very much and she's been on the whole tour lol. So then she asks me to say the chorus and I do. Then she said alright do you guys have your tickets? And we said yes and then gave them to her. And she said close your eyes and I'm going to put something in your hand. So me and my mom close our eyes and then she puts a ticket in each of our hands for THE FIFTH ROW!!! I was soooooo excited that I was shaking a little...or actually probably a lot. So we just talk with her some more and we find out she controls one of the magic ball things and she's one of few people who actually knows how and can do that. She walks us down to our area and we are right next to the catwalk thing where Jonny and Chris go when they perform In My Place and they were SOOOOO close.

And Marta if you read this thank you soooooo much, you seriously did make my year...lol.

Thanks for posting your review :D Shows that good things come to those who wait :)

Couldn't resist posting some pictures. More to come tomorrow. Video will take a while...Around 150-200mb files.

Click for larger image:

1023301ph2.th.jpg

1023287xx5.th.jpg

1023292pl7.th.jpg

1023315gn1.th.jpg

thanks for the piccies :)

Congrats on the upgrades! I've said it before but it bears repeating:

MARTA ROCKS!:D

Bye!!!

Joe!!!

I'm so bummed you didn't get any cool coldplay prezzies!!!!

We were all hoping you'd have better luck, but being there and meeting coldplayers is awesome!!!!!

I'm looking forward to read your review, and see your pics!!!! :D