✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

25-Nov-2008: Honda Center, Anaheim, Orange County (NEW DATE!)

on the paper setlist I got it said they were supposed to play life in technicolor 2 . So I guess expect that soon.!

Someone said they were going to play LIT II after Yellow when they came back for an encore. I remember seeing Chris go up to Will at the end of Yellow and ask him something and Will shaking his head "no". Maybe Will was too damn hot to play another song! Those boys were sweating like dogs in there! Hopefully they will play it soon on the tour!

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't have time for a lengthy review, but we had a great time at the concert. When Chris played Postcards From Far Away, I felt really cool for recognizing it when everyone else around me had no clue. I thought for sure they would sing Life in Technicolor II or else have Jay-Z come on stage for a surprise performance of Lost+, but no...it was only the 30 second PFFA that got some play from Prospeckt's March.

okay I didnt write anything last night I was too tired but all I have to say is that the concert was amazing and everything else before that kinda sucked.

star 98.7 told us to be there 3 hours before we had to and then after 3 and a half hours of waiting- they let us in. then they told us the boys were stuck in traffic- I dont blame the boys at all. honestly, they couldnt have been nicer about the whole thing. chris apologized so many times. the soundcheck wasnt longer than 5 minutes probably because of the traffic and then we took group pictures where I stood directly in front of chris who, might I add, is exceptionally beautiful in person. they told us to leave and then they kicked us out. it wasnt really anyones fault that the whole thing was over in less than 5 minutes and I dont meant to sound greedy but honestly, I was kinda bummed- I was so exited about this.

I wish I woulda seen some of you guys there :(

concert was incredible though- I dont know how he sings night after night and still sounds awesome but he does and his voice last night was great !!!

hope everyone had a great time :)

I went to this show lastnight...front row!!!! Woohooo.....I must say the crowd in the front was weak!!! I've been to two other shows from this tour and both of those shows the crowd and the band had soooooo much energy.

It was great to finally be under the butterflys

Morning after the show now. Sucks the soundcheck wasn't that great krissy, can you confirm they checked LITii?

All up until Fix You I was in my regular seat when a girl asked me if I could switch places with her boyfriend who was a row down on the aisle. I moved and was able to get a much better view of the stage and some great video. Though I was very suprised how many people will leave in the middle of the show to get beer...seriously wtf? Anyway, been going through my video, I caught Chris singing part of Human during VLV. Video is really great and clear quality minus a few people getting in the way and all the flashing lights causing it to go out of focus. Got 8 videos, most of them are two or three songs each. Problem is they are well over 200mb in size, so it will take a while to convert to a manageable and uploadable size. Should have something later today but now off to work.

Uploaded some more pics:

Click for larger, might have to wait a min for them to load.

1023309cx2.th.jpg

1023304fb8.th.jpg

1023295zj7.th.jpg

1023314ku2.th.jpg

Coldplayers are welcome to save/show my pics.

Morning after the show now. Sucks the soundcheck wasn't that great krissy, can you confirm they checked LITii?

All up until Fix You I was in my regular seat when a girl asked me if I could switch places with her boyfriend who was a row down on the aisle. I moved and was able to get a much better view of the stage and some great video. Though I was very suprised how many people will leave in the middle of the show to get beer...seriously wtf? Anyway, been going through my video, I caught Chris singing part of Human during VLV. Video is really great and clear quality minus a few people getting in the way and all the flashing lights causing it to go out of focus. Got 8 videos, most of them are two or three songs each. Problem is they are well over 200mb in size, so it will take a while to convert to a manageable and uploadable size. Should have something later today but now off to work.

Uploaded some more pics:

1023309cx2.th.jpg

1023304fb8.th.jpg

1023295zj7.th.jpg

1023314ku2.th.jpg

yep they did play lit 2- well, it was kinda like chris sang one verse and that was it but they did play some if it :)

hi everyone! pics as promised.

sorry if they're REALLY big...but i hope no one minds ;)

IMG_00572.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_00672.jpg

IMG_00692.jpg

and now for the BEST PART :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

videos will be uploaded soon....

((i DID record during the time they were up in my section, but amidst all the screaming (and the urge to sing along :embarassed:) mightve ruined it, lol......but ill upload it anyway))

and now for the BEST PART :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

IMG_0058.jpg

videos will be uploaded soon....

((i DID record during the time they were up in my section, but amidst all the screaming (and the urge to sing along :embarassed:) mightve ruined it, lol......but ill upload it anyway))

:stunned: Guy's jeans are literally just going to fall off one day :stunned:

:sneaky:

okay I didnt write anything last night I was too tired but all I have to say is that the concert was amazing and everything else before that kinda sucked.

star 98.7 told us to be there 3 hours before we had to and then after 3 and a half hours of waiting- they let us in. then they told us the boys were stuck in traffic- I dont blame the boys at all. honestly, they couldnt have been nicer about the whole thing. chris apologized so many times. the soundcheck wasnt longer than 5 minutes probably because of the traffic and then we took group pictures where I stood directly in front of chris who, might I add, is exceptionally beautiful in person. they told us to leave and then they kicked us out. it wasnt really anyones fault that the whole thing was over in less than 5 minutes and I dont meant to sound greedy but honestly, I was kinda bummed- I was so exited about this.

I wish I woulda seen some of you guys there :(

concert was incredible though- I dont know how he sings night after night and still sounds awesome but he does and his voice last night was great !!!

hope everyone had a great time :)

so the boys WERE the ones stuck in traffic....i overheard a roadie mentioning about that (while we hopelessly awaited for some good luck to happen...argh). sorry to hear that it was cut short though! whoever was in charge should've known that the 57 FRWY is bad around 4-5PMish (let alone all SoCal freeways) :dozey:

krissy, were you in section 103, with the white knitted hat??

did anyone notice the sound quality during the show? the production team had to be scrambling a bit because no one was allowed into the seating area for 10 minutes after the doors were open to go inside the venue.

even after all that, the sound seemed to be fine up in the front, but from where i was.....i could hear it fine from the smaller speakers but the projection from the MASSIVE speakers was well under-pitch. i only noticed this during a few songs though cuz it probably was at its worst (Speed of Sound, In My Place, Politik). oh well, given what work needed to be done under a short amount of time, it was still within show-level anyway.

So I'm a newbie to posting, but I have been reading this site and this thread for a while now...

But anyway...just got back from the show and had an AMAZING time!!!

I wore my Viva La Vida tour shirt (had seen them on opening night at the Forum) and I got a poster and program at the concert. So my seats were in Sec 410, and they weren't too horrible. So we watch Sleepercar perform and then decided to go get a snack during the little break. We take all of our stuff with us and go to get some popcorn and we're waiting in line and I'm holding the stuff we bought and this girl comes up to us and she's wearing a VIVA jacket and she says do you guys want to come out of the line over here with me...and my mom was like uhhhh why? And so the girl said trust me it'll be worth it. And at this point I'm already a little freaking out because I think I know what this is...so I'm like MOM WE'RE GOING lol. So we move out of the line and go stand out of the way and she's introduces herself, she's Marta who's awesome...but she's talking to us just about being big fans, etc and says that she assumes we don't have the best seats. And she says so I'm going to ask you three questions and if you answer them we're going to upgrade your seats...so I'm shaking now. So she asks me to name 6 songs by Coldplay which obviously wasn't hard (don't remember exactly what I said but I mentioned Rainy Day and Prospekt's March and LIT ii). So Marta says whoa you even mentioned new songs I'll have to tell Chris...lol. Then she asks me what Chris's two kid's names are and I say Moses and Apple; and she mentions something about two other ladies she asked having no idea. And then she asks me to say the first bit of Viva La Vida and so I start with "I used to rule the world..." and OF COURSE my mind blanks and then she says that she doesn't even remember it very much and she's been on the whole tour lol. So then she asks me to say the chorus and I do. Then she said alright do you guys have your tickets? And we said yes and then gave them to her. And she said close your eyes and I'm going to put something in your hand. So me and my mom close our eyes and then she puts a ticket in each of our hands for THE FIFTH ROW!!! I was soooooo excited that I was shaking a little...or actually probably a lot. So we just talk with her some more and we find out she controls one of the magic ball things and she's one of few people who actually knows how and can do that. She walks us down to our area and we are right next to the catwalk thing where Jonny and Chris go when they perform In My Place and they were SOOOOO close.

Overall it was an AMAZING experience.

And Marta if you read this thank you soooooo much, you seriously did make my year...lol.

AWESOME! Marta is the nicest roadie out there of the ones I have met. She is a total sweetheart. I'm so glad she found you!

Got some vids for ya just gonna post one tonight bc im exhausted bit will post rest tomorrow.....Chinese Sleep Chant

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaQU9_UpUGc

Woah, Jonny was still wearing his jacket during Sleep Chant! Usually off by then.

I went to this show lastnight...front row!!!! Woohooo.....I must say the crowd in the front was weak!!! I've been to two other shows from this tour and both of those shows the crowd and the band had soooooo much energy.

It was great to finally be under the butterflys

How did you get front row! :stunned: Awesome! Any pics or videos?:D

IMG_0060.jpg

AHHHHH!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Uploaded some more pics:

1023309cx2.th.jpg

1023304fb8.th.jpg

1023295zj7.th.jpg

1023314ku2.th.jpg

think the magic ball man in the sticky at the tope might like to see some of your magic ball shots, they look great in the thumbnail :D

so great concert! i agree with whoever said the energy in the first few rows was weak. i think it was because these people weren't the die hard fans, but the KROQ winners (i being one of them, but i was singing & dancing the whole time). It was amazing how close I was (first row), basically made my life complete. Kate Bosworth was there, standing in the aisle on Gy's side. THey kinda smiled at each other throughout the night. Another highlight was getting a setlist, no luck getting a pick, though Johny gave two away to some guys in the front row, as did another roadie (not sure which one).

Just got back from spending the night at a friend's, and I got stuff still to do, so I'll keep my thoughts brief for now, but may go more detailed later. Long story short, my first Coldplay concert, and sure as hell ain't gonna be my last.

- Crowd around me wasn't jazzed at all. We were surrounded by a family that actually SAT most of the show (and we were in the 200's) and had zero energy, along with a couple that only focused on each other the entire concert, not the band.

- I've read this from people before, but I had to see it for myself - the album recordings of Lost! and Politik truly don't do their live performances justice.

- It's awesome when you have 5 people in a car all doing the Viva chant. 10,000+ people is a whole different story.

- Wow, I thought I was only hearing The Killers in my head during Viva. I'd like somebody to upload that, along with The Hardest Part for its multiple entertaining moments.

Yeah, I don't go to concerts often, but this is still gonna be a tough act to top. Everything I could have asked for. If anything was missing, it was a sense of energy in my immediate area, which only really lifted when the band came a couple aisles over for The Scientist/DWNC. A select few of us were pulling the entire weight most of the time.

Man falls to his death after Coldplay concert

ANAHEIM – A 27-year-old man fell about 30 feet to his death as he tried to jump over an opening along the Santa Ana riverbed Tuesday night, police said.

Anaheim police Sgt. Rick Martinez said the incident occurred at 11 p.m. at Katella Avenue at the Santa Ana riverbed. Officers found the man, who has not been identified, on the west side bike trail underneath Katella, he said.

Police said the man had just left a Coldplay concert he attended with a relative at the Honda Center, but left alone. The man was walking eastbound over the riverbed on the north sidewalk of Katella along with other concert-goers, Martinez said.

Witnesses told police they saw the man run southbound across the lanes of traffic on Katella, trying to make it to the south sidewalk of the avenue. They then said they saw him try to jump over an opening to the riverbed below that separates the westbound and eastbound lanes of traffic, Martinez said.

The gap is about 10 feet wide and is surrounded by 2-foot-high protective barrier walls, Martinez said.

Witnesses saw the man try to jump over the barrier walls and across the 10-foot-wide opening.

"Unfortunately, he didn't make it and fell down into the riverbed area, landing on the bike trail below," Martinez said.

The man was treated by paramedics at the scene and was taken to a hospital. The man died at 11:40 p.m., Martinez said.

Contact the writer: 714-704-3709 or [email protected]

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/martinez-riverbed-police-2240888-katella-saw

Coldplay even better the second time around

The band's uplifting Honda Center show was the stuff of legend.

Dad. Dad. Dad!"

The kid behind me, who couldn't have been much more than 10, just wasn't getting his pop's attention Tuesday night, a half-hour or so before Coldplay took the stage at Honda Center for the first time in close to three years.

His father, who would later holler out a fist-pumping "yes!" every time another smash started, was busy chatting in the aisle. So the kid kept firing, machine-gun-style: "Dad. Dad! DAAAAD!!!"

There. That worked.

"Look, look! Next to the upright piano! Remember on the American Music Awards, when they had that next to a TV?" He pointed to the old-school monitor at the right of drummer Will Champion. "Well, look!"

Dad couldn't have cared less, just humored him. But oh the wide-eyed wonder on that kid's face and in his voice. Oh, to be a young lad getting hypnotized, maybe for the first time, by rock 'n' roll's powerful spell.

If that seems a rather quaint anecdote to share in a follow-up review of one of the world's most popular groups as it plays what Chris Martin says will be "the last concert we do in California for some time," well, you must not have been inside the Anaheim arena when the clouds finally burst Tuesday and it started to pour. If you were, you would have noticed the preponderance of families, of so many people from 8 to 18 that the hymnlike singalong at the end of "Fix You" made it seem like Coldplay were accompanied by a children's choir on loan from "The Glory of Christmas" at the Crystal Cathedral.

What that speaks to is a cross-generational pull like few bands have anymore, yet which Coldplay achieves almost effortlessly. And to increasingly thrilling effect: When Martin and his mates break into a heart-thumping "Clocks" or the roof-raising stomp of "Politik" (one of several set list additions/changes since this tour opened on Bastille Day at the Forum), or when the syncopated strings of "Viva la Vida" (single of the year, if you ask me) start surging forth, the electricity in the room is so palpable, it's as if you can see it ripple from one fan to the next. (The ecstatic response when the lights went out at the end of Strauss' "The Blue Danube," as prelude, only grew more thunderous as this laser-enhanced, visually arresting show wore on.)

Apart from U2, a beyond-obvious comparison that may never go away – and also, to a lesser degree, Pearl Jam and Foo Fighters and Green Day – no other rock act this decade has been as successful at inspiring and making memories for every kinda people of every kinda age. Rounded out by bassist Guy Berryman and guitarist Jonny Buckland, the latter of whom now regularly dips into distinctively Allmans-esque shading, notably on "In My Place," the quartet isn't so much a band now as a force, its mutation into the futuristic anthem-spewing machine it attempted to be on 2005's "X&Y" already complete.

Ever since finding its footing with 2000's "Parachutes" and its happy-happy-joy-joy declaration "Yellow," Coldplay has dared to be the sort of passionate, let's-change-the-world outfit that can get laughed out of existence if the message isn't backed by moving music (I'm talking about you, Angels & Airwaves). Following up the somewhat chillier "X&Y" with a warmer (and yet arguably moodier) assortment of songs, the band couldn't have put out a better album – easily one of the best of the year – for our distressed times.

The sense of measured optimism amid the loss and regret of "Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends," the way its sadness is tempered by hope, wistfully conveyed yet infectiously appealing from the get-go – really, no other new music this year has so adeptly captured the roller-coaster mood of the world as it grapples with America undergoing sea change. If it doesn't receive a barrel full of Grammy nominations next week, including a nod for album of the year, there's something horribly, horribly wrong with voters.

Just as "American Idiot" four years ago represented the convergence of ticked-off band and fed-up fans, so does "Viva la Vida" find a rejuvenated Coldplay giving voice to the aspirations of its audience in uplifting ways Bono and Bruce Springsteen have patented. That it resonates with such a wide variety of people isn't surprising, but it's heartening, and reflective of all that we've become; amid the standard-issue Newport Beach types this night I could spot a Matisyahu-looking Jew in beach wear, an African American in a New Order T-shirt – and scores of kids of every creed sucked into the moment, rather than staying entranced by their iPhones.

All of these admirers got through many months of growing anticipation for this return, eager to see a fresh-faced Martin leaping and posing in his "Synchronicity"-meets-the-French-Revolution garb, to chant along with hit after hit (many of them stuffed at the start of the set) and to hear one of the heartiest bands in action. That said, these guys still aren't as tight as they could be, and I kindly blame Martin. He gets so caught up in the fervency sometimes that he too easily flubs vocal entrances – especially on "Yellow" here – or sloppily crushes chord changes. It's endearing, but it's also becoming less forgivable.

Still, so much of this show was wondrous: "Speed of Sound," played almost in darkness, the band engulfed in a deep-purple glow while acid-blotter balls overhead illuminated the arena … "Viva la Vida" cranked to a rapturous pitch, with Martin subtly tossing in the chorus of the Killers' "Human" just before the "oh-whoa-oh" portion … an acoustic version of "The Scientist," delivered among the crowd in section 207 (or thereabouts), sweetly dappled by mandolin and harmonica … the what's-it-all-about solo-piano somberness of "The Hardest Part," which Martin half-joked was about "the problem a band faces when they turn 30 years old and meet the Jonas Brothers for the first time," as Coldplay apparently did at the AMAs Sunday. ("Never before in my life have I felt more like an old man.")

Old man, no. Old soul, perhaps – a self-deprecating one only beginning to shift from clever tunesmith to meaningful message-carrier, and enhanced by a band as strong as his vocals can be heartbreaking. Someday, I suspect, this album and this tour will be seen as the start of Coldplay's prolonged peak. Here's hoping they get to bask in the glow of it for a while, but I for one can't wait to hear what life-affirming stuff comes next.

http://www.ocregister.com

wow that is sad that he died like that....anyways on another note some guy took our pic i think he said he was from USA something but i'm not sure so if anyone finds a pic of two fans (both male one of us i black and both wearing CP shirts) please let me know i want to see it...oh and i have the part where chris sings human...anyway to make the videos load on to youtube faster they take so long and i don't want to wait forever...