✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Postcards From Far Away project | Previous pre-delivery discussion (thread closed)

Lore

actually, no offence, but i think that's exactly what provides attraction: having to fit everything you want to say on one postcard...

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, ok, i was REALLY overeager by saying 5-8. you're right, grace and everyone. i guess TWO is like the ultimate limit then :D

but that means we have to be MORE persuasive in getting coldplayers to do it! i think we need to think up a good ad campaign :P

I REALLY NEED TO GO. WHY AM I STILL HERE?!?!

something tells me if that this idea keeps steam all week, my film paper is going to suffer...:laugh4:

i'm absolutely positive that a LOT of coldplayers will participate.

they next time we'll check there'll be hundreds of posts and pages more, i suppose! :laugh3:

i'm off now to run a few laps in my neighbourhood. it's freezing cold though. :(

I'm in as well ! that is such a GREAT idea ! Awww I wanna go to London even more now :wacky:

they're like best buddies with that oxfam blogger pete now. :laugh3: we should send him a message via his blog. :D

:D Pete's the nicest guy ! but I dont how he would be helpful here :P

i think the best way would be to send postcards to someone, who lives in london and knows where the bakery is. each of us should send typical postcards of his country with the wording "postcard from far away". the one, who receives the postcards should bring the postcards to the bakery and scatter ahead entrance. but we shpuld know, when coldplay will be surely in london. i think christmas would be a good....?

Crikey! You've been busy!!

Think Postcards From Far Away Project is a brilliant idea.

1) Think that one person trying to deliver/post might be difficult/expensive, depending on how many people are involved. If we planned in advance, we could work out postage times for the countries involved and work out what days to post so that the cards all arrived around the same time.

We shouldn't need the full address, so long as we had a postcode for The Bakery. The Royal Mail tends to work off postcodes first address second.

BUT the latest picture in the Bakery thread shows a huge white metal shutter across the door, and no apparent letterbox. Which would suggest they don't receive mail there.

Might need an alternaitve

This is such a lovely idea, happy to get involved/help out in any way I can :)

I agree that just one or two each is best (more than that starts to look like spam, and diminishes the impact). And I don't think it's worth contacting Debs until the project's almost finished and ready for delivery.

I think that the letter should mention that we're from this board and we're from many different parts of the world (that's why the song inspired us to make the project)

and we wanted to make this as a way to say thanks to the band (and their crew! don't forget roadie/oracle/prospekt/anchorman, etc) for the amazing coldplay year .. with the new album and tour.... and saying to them that we also appreciate all the efforts to keep us happy (updating the official site almost every day / releasing new songs / including lots of places in the tour, etc)

(I already sent a thanks note yesterday to the oracle and a question about glass of water... but it's never enough when it comes to say thanks :P )

Can you imagine how they will feel if we can actually pull this off?

I'd love to send thank you postcards, I hope we get a game plan together that works.