✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Thoughts?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's brilliant. :wacko:

My favorite part is right after Chris says "time came a creepin', oh and time's a loaded gun", when his voice gets kind of far away sounding on the words "every road" (1:31). It just... makes the song for me.

On the other hand, although LiT was musically genius, I really prefer this version. The lyrics add so much, and I love the addition of more guitar and more synthesizers.

I was incredibly nervous about the addition of lyrics to this song, considering how much I adore the original LiT...but LiT II is absolutely, positively beautiful -- the lyrics are the perfect companion to the music, and it only builds upon the emotions generated by the first.

While I'm glad that LiT was the version that made it to the full album, I'm still very happy II was still widely released!

I love how the track sounds, but the lyrics are (like somebody said earlier) pretty much just words that rhyme. I remember reading that one reason they took out the lyrics is that they made no sense, and I respect the band a ton for checking themselves like that. God knows they could have gotten away with nonsense lyrics, and it's refreshing to know they tried to make sure the album was actually good and not just appealing. And it was especially kind of them to make this alternate version available anyway.

(On another note, I think Chris' lyrics took a huge step forward with the last album, so don't think I'm dissing his lyrics or anything.)

Ive chimed in before I believe. But LiT ii is brilliant! I loved absolutely loved LiT and quite often defended it with my friends as the best VLV track.

Chris is not the only one to vastly improve on this last album. All of them did. Jonny has never played guitar with such confidence and well for Jonny complication. Will and Guy have developed a great rythm section that pulls the band along.

Life in Technicolor was my favorite track on Viva la Vida but Life in Technicolor ii just doesnt cut it for me. I think its partly because the lyrics feel out of place on what I've come to know as an instrumental track. It could have been better if it kept light through the veins and started the lyrics sooner. They also should have played the altered instrumental (that starts in the second verse) from the beginning of the song to further differentiate it from the first life in technicolor.

This song is MAGNIFICENT!! A masterpiece I think. I love LIT too and I consider them two completely separate songs, as they are very different.So I love both equally. But LITii is simply...I don't know...gorgeus! I cant stop listening...the music, the LYRICS!! I LOVE IT!! defenetely my favourite song off PM.:D LOVE IT LOVE IT!!:D:cheesy::ears::earmuffs:

this has got to be one of the best coldplay songs ever!!! totally loved it ever since the first time i heard it, and it's still my favorite right now

i hope they release prospekt's march here in our country and i hope there will be a lot of guy in the music video :love: guy is so sexy!