✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

4-Mar-2009: Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne, Australia - Tickets, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just quickly; setlist was the same as last night, except that 'Chinese Sleep Chant' was replaced with 'Glass Of Water' -- Incredible.

Back later with more... :D

O M F G ! :bomb:

Lucky lucky Aussies! :P

Here's hope they will slowly add it to the regular setlist :D

even tough I really love Chinese Sleep Chant, but I realised most of the time it becomes the toilet/drinks time, damn people, they don't get how awesome that song is :disappointed:

Thanks for the quick update

Wow. What can I say? Coldplay really warmed up a cold, wet Melbourne evening tonight! I just got back from what was a truly amazing night, the first time I have seen the band live.

The night didnt start off to flash, my mate and I found out our seats were, although lower level, quite far back from the stage. We got through the two support acts, which weren't too flash. I think a lot of people were annoyed with the lead singer of Mercury Rev because he wasn't fearing too well in the vocals department.

The night went to plan, I recognised U2's song 'manificent', then a Jay-Z tune, then we got into Coldplay. Crowd went nuts, which was to be expected. Not too many people got excited with Viotel Hill to my suprise, but the roar was deafening when the riff was played to 'Clocks'. A fantastic light show, and I think the vairety in their displays throughout the whole performace was very interesting. Chris opened with the joke that he was excited to see it rain in Melbourne, that he was happy for us.. considering it rains all the time in the UK...

A highlight for me, was of course, yellow - which was quite funny because members of the crowd up the front kept tapping the yellow baloons towards Chris, and he was hitting them with his guitar like a cricket bat. He got the crowd to sing the final part of Yellow, claiming that we were all auditioning fot TV show 'Australia's got Talent'. Very funny stuff. He also said that the track could be sold and that due to that performance the band could 'now be better than U2'.

I was suprised with the addition of 'Glass of Water', but I rathered it than the 'Chinese Sleep Chant' to which it replaced. Most people didnt know it but I belted out the words! After that was Cemetaries of london, which sounded AWESOME.

Then we got all the excitement of the smaller 'B' stage songs (boy chris really hates The Hardest Part). Crowd ERUPTED when 'Viva La Vida' was played. This was the first time that the whole crowd got up from their seats, which was quite refreshing.

The C stage was quite a surprise, they went quite deep into the crowd on the opposite side to us. I think most people got a fright because they never in their wildest dreams believed that they would be metres from coldplay when they sat down at the start of the show!

Encores were terrific, Chris sounded brilliant all night, his voice was right on key. So was Will's, as DWNC was thoroughly enjoyed by the crowd as a 'jovial' moment of the night. I lost my voice singing LIT2, which was great because thats where the night ended!

After it was over, we went down to the standing area, and I managed to convince the sound technition to give me a setlist, and he did! Which was fantastic! It's spot on except instead of playing 'Im a Believer' they played Green Eyes on the C stage.

Went home with a 42 shirt, pocets full of butterflies, a setlist and a crapload of awesome memories! Viva!

Setlist scan and photos to come!

WOW

Tonight's concert was incredible. I lined up from 2pm and got right on the barrier at the front. It was so unbelievably magical and amazing. From the interaction with the crowd to the butterflies and of course being right in front of Guy - he looked great tonight!

Disappointed not to meet them after but very happy that I got someone's plectrum - could be either Chris' or Guy's because it came from that side of the stage.

I have some pretty good videos of the night so will post later :)

Loved that they did glass of water....shane warne was also in the crowd as well as kate cebrano who was going crazy for coldplay!

Photos from Mebourne 4/3/09 Part 1

Here are some of the photos I took from the night, not may close ups because we sat on the lower back seats!

I reduced the size and quality so I could post them faster.

2mdq6bo.jpg

2h84rph.jpg

21aa55h.jpg

kci554.jpg

141myl3.jpg

xmq16x.jpg

24caxw1.jpg