✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

4-Mar-2009: Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne, Australia - Tickets, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

World Party??? Pffffffffft!!!!! Whle your at it get out your Lionel Ritchie collection. I'm not surprised that your expectations were surpassed.

Leaves me wondering though are you better to go into a concert like this fresh or having thrashed cd's and dvds as I have in the last fortnight? I guess Ill find out tonight at the final show. Jenjii too much time for coldplayingon your hands.

Have fun tonight everyone

not sure I understand your post. its not my review, which is why its in italics, and has the web link at the bottom.

So this was what happened...the buildup....

Thomas was suppose to meet me at crown for dinner last night but then traffic was so bad that by the time he met me, we only had like 45 mins before the show starts, which was at 7pm. So we decided to make our way to Rod Laver Arena to try to get a park. Went up and down Alexandra Pde and found nothing, so we had to park at the other side of the hill. Was drizzling and of course I had left my umbrella at work. Got to Rod Laver, bought fish(1 piece) and chips, Wedges and a bottle of water..for the price of $20 bucks...but what do you expect...concerts are pricey...

Took our seats about 7-ish...they were halfway throught the first opening act "Decoder Ring"..not bad...left the stage about 8pm...thought the concert was going to start..but noooooooooo..they had to have a second opening act..tat was gross "Mercury Rev"..the lead singer..he sounded like a roasting donald duck, which gave me a headache and by the time they left the stage at close to 9pm, I was seriously over it.....not to mention the fact that there was this group of teenagers behind me yaking about their love life and this weird "couple" infront of me....the gal was soooo into the guy...but the guy just couldnt be bothered..it was such a sad sad sight..anywayz

States 7pm seated and at 9pm....the concert wasnt starting..but was it worth the wait??!WAS IT WORTH THE WAIT??!! IT WAS FANTASTIC...IT WAS REALLY BRILLIANT....the best concert I have seen...at 9.15pm the concert started...hits and hits were belted out....when they sang Yellow, big balloons came falling..the lasers..the effects..brilliant...and in the middle of the concert, they went up to the CHEAPO seats and sang a few songs there like 'I'm a believer'....and I have got to tell you...CHRIS MARTIN IS AN ABSOLUTE GENIUS..i cant say enough..gosh...the concert ended about 11ish...so not a very long one..but brilliant..well worth the 140 bucks we paid for each ticket....

my only wish...they had more hits and do away with the stupid second act so that they can start earlier...but my oh my...brilliant is an understatement...

http://joalexischeng.blogspot.com/2009/03/coldplay-melbourne-concert.html

does anyone know how i can share my video cos i attached them all thought movie maker and it ended up being like over a G in size .....is there a way to make it small???

You can run them through Windows Movie Maker and Save Movie File with an "Other..." option ("High Quality" is the one you want)

Alright, so of the three shows, this was my least favourite. The guys were incredible, but the crowd was severly disappointing. I had this girl behind me who wanted me to sit down even though she spent the entire gig seated, grumpy and totally not into it. I was more than a little pissed off. It helped me to realise, though, that a) I will never be seated at another Coldplay concert again, and that b) I was stupid for ever thinking it was a good idea in the first place. Silly me.

The show was fantastic, though. I find it highly unimaginable that they could ever be anything other than wonderful.

^ i know, it was actually a bit embarrasing when chris had to encourage us saying we can do better with yellow but then he said we were gonna make a no. 1 haha

^^thanks i'll try moviemaker in another file type cos i was rrright at the barrier and got some amazong vid of comments/and snipets of every song apart from the end and i wanna share :)

Heh, yeah. I don't know -- there were just times when I really felt like there was no energy coming from the crowd. Especially when I compare it to the show on the 5th. Although, I think being surrounded by a swarm of people in GA helps the atmosphere some. Still, it helped me realise I'll never do reserved seating again at a Coldplay show -- I felt so awkward sitting there with my knee bouncing uncontrollably; so much unrealeased energy. And I mean, isn't it weird for the guys to see the majority of people sitting down the entire time? I just couldn't comprehend how anyone could remain seated.

Ooh, please. Share the videos.

:( Well I could only afford tickets for one night and I happened to get them for this night... and you're saying this was the worst?? The crowd still went berserk a heap!! At least I know I did... I was sitting down, and I also got in trouble from the people behind me but I just ignored them and did what I felt was necessary :P

Though I must say, I think of all the places to sit I was in a good one, because there were heaps of people near me getting up and singing and dancing like I was, but as I looked around the room I could see there weren't many other seating sections doing the same...

So although it may have been the 'worst', I still had an effing brilliant time :D

this is pt 1 of 3 pts of my recordings of a bit of each song :lol: sorry bout the quality, it was much better but what can you do :(

it's a bit choppy to begin with cos i didnt realise how much time i had left but i think it gets better, still enjoyable.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeQGLXZdBy0]YouTube - coldplay melbourne 4/3/09 pt 1 of 3[/ame]

i also uploaded the hardest part by itself cos it's my fav and chris stuffed up and made some comments about u2 and saying the 4 word lol

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38tbJ2Z8H50]YouTube - hard[/ame]

ps. will i get into trouble for uploading :shocked2: