✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

EP should have been free???

woohoo37

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So don't buy it.

Why should they give stuff away? They make a product, they're entitled to make money from it.

You got Violet Hill for free, plus Death Will Never Conquer, and they put lots of stuff on their website & YouTube channel. I think they're more generous than a lot of bands

So don't buy it.

Why should they give stuff away? They make a product, they're entitled to make money from it.

You got Violet Hill for free, plus Death Will Never Conquer, and they put lots of stuff on their website & YouTube channel. I think they're more generous than a lot of bands

I completely agree with you!

Death Will Never Conquer was a throw away come on. They could have had LITii on VLV (without this oooh it sounds like a single rubbish....so??? your the band ffs) The other songs could have either been on the album or been great b-sides. nothing is too good for a b-side....'i ran away.....the one i love' for instance.

So don't buy it.

I agree.. it's their job... no one works for free

Death Will Never Conquer was a throw away come on. They could have had LITii on VLV (without this oooh it sounds like a single rubbish....so??? your the band ffs) The other songs could have either been on the album or been great b-sides. nothing is too good for a b-side....'i ran away.....the one i love' for instance.

I reckon you're not in a good mood today.

My advice:

Listen to "Rainy Day" and :dance: - that should make you feel better!

Fat chance, Parachutes era ended when Chris played the first C7 of politik. The band wouldn't be half what it is today if they did nothing but make indie-pop ballads of that sort up until now. Band's need to evolve in order to improve and survive, one of the reasons Coldplay is more succesful than say the strokes, the shins or jack johnson. They change because they've exhausted their abilities in that genre, If AROBTTH had tried to imitate parachutes, it would've been weak and subpar.

It's Coldplay's love of music that keeps them expanding their horizons and their musical pallete. If that's trying to be u2, then I think every band should have a little u2 in their blood.

Fat chance, Parachutes era ended when Chris played the first C7 of politik. The band wouldn't be half what it is today if they did nothing but make indie-pop ballads of that sort up until now. Band's need to evolve in order to improve and survive, one of the reasons Coldplay is more succesful than say the strokes, the shins or jack johnson. They change because they've exhausted their abilities in that genre, If AROBTTH had tried to imitate parachutes, it would've been weak and subpar.

It's Coldplay's love of music that keeps them expanding their horizons and their musical pallete. If that's trying to be u2, then I think every band should have a little u2 in their blood.

i wasn't saying do another parachutes......since ROBTH they have sounded like so many other bands....i still like their stuff but for instance chris ruined SOS for me when he said, 'we tried to get the bridge to sound like running up the hill....' well done lol

oh and don't you think its a bit silly selling concert tickets right before xmas (as announced today) but in all fairness they wouldn't have anything to do with that. i suppose when their contract is up - that will free them up to be much more experiment with releases.

the biggest crime thou is using jay-z in lost......fools.

[overly dramatic voice] Fools! They shall pay for what they have done, and I, and the dramaticbeavers, shall show them how to collaborate without ruining a perfectly decent song. [/overly dramatic voice]

"I think what you mean is that so many other bands sound like Coldplay."

yeh arcade fire, the beatles, pink floyd, radiohead and u2 ;)

oh and come on Jay-z?? epic epic fail. my point is that in many ways the ep is pointless and could have been b-sides or extras tracks on the album. ROL & CSC could have been b-sides....instead of this...owww lets be clever on put it all on one track.

i wasn't saying do another parachutes......since ROBTH they have sounded like so many other bands....i still like their stuff but for instance chris ruined SOS for me when he said, 'we tried to get the bridge to sound like running up the hill....' well done lol

oh and don't you think its a bit silly selling concert tickets right before xmas (as announced today) but in all fairness they wouldn't have anything to do with that. i suppose when their contract is up - that will free them up to be much more experiment with releases.

Correction:

"Since ROBTH so many other bands have sounded like THEM."

There we are, much better.

Oh, and the Jay-Z verse of Lost+ is fantastic, thanks.