✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

14-Mar-2009: Acer Arena, Sydney, Australia - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK since I'm too tired to post anything lengthy and also since others have posted their own reviews...

The best thing that ever happened to me, happened during this concert. When Jonny saw my 'Jonny is my guitar hero' banner, smiled, reached into his pocket and threw me his guitar pick.

:heart:

I was at this concert Saturday night and have some pics/videos that I will upload later...

In the meantime though, I thought I'd let you all know that I just found someone on Youtube that appears to have uploaded the whole concert from that night (from stands with digital camera) over 16 parts. I'm not sure whether it will last on there, so I recommend you have a look &/or download them asap in case they get removed.

Consider the link a thankyou for all the info about the tour I've been reading on here for a while, haha. As I said, I'll be back with my pics etc. later, although most aren't worth the wait quality-wise..:\

Awww ... that is so very cute of him :)

Bless him! :heart:

Any you are indeed a really lucky ducky :)

Such a sweet gesture :heart: It made my entire trip worthwhile even though I didn't manage to meet him.

I was at this concert Saturday night and have some pics/videos that I will upload later...

In the meantime though, I thought I'd let you all know that I just found someone on Youtube that appears to have uploaded the whole concert from that night (from stands with digital camera) over 16 parts. I'm not sure whether it will last on there, so you'd better http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=firebenda619&view=videos, or download them in case they get removed.

Consider the link a thankyou for all the info about the tour I've been reading on here for a while, haha. As I said, I'll be back with my pics etc. later, although most aren't worth the wait quality-wise..:\

Welcome to Coldplaying :D

Thanks for the link, although the video quality isn't great the audio is :dance:

So you came from Hobart to watch Coldplay in Sydney? Good on ya :D

Maybe it was meant for you to meet them in your very own city?? ;)

Wishing you loads of luck there :)

I was so sad when the security guard told us everyone had left already... 4 nights of trying and I didn't meet him, it's really heartbreaking :sad: Sigh :\

I was so sad when the security guard told us everyone had left already... 4 nights of trying and I didn't meet him, it's really heartbreaking :sad: Sigh :\

I think i saw you! i only know now after seeing your photo of front row at perth! I was to your left at the sound desk after the show when you got your setlist, i was with my dad also getting one!! i had a brown vivalavida t-shirt on over my old coldplay one. and glasses lol.

Pretty awesome show!!! i got on the rail at the end of the runway (without piano) and got some video clips, no full songs because my arm was too sore and i was watching the show lol. Shame they missed 2 songs (saying speed of sound would've been either that OR glass of water + DWNC)

SOooooooooooooooooo happy

OK since I'm too tired to post anything lengthy and also since others have posted their own reviews...

The best thing that ever happened to me, happened during this concert. When Jonny saw my 'Jonny is my guitar hero' banner, smiled, reached into his pocket and threw me his guitar pick.

:heart:

AWWW MIN!! :dance: im so happy :blush: :D:D:D thats the sweetest thing!! he def. has to be remembering u from all these concerts!! YAH! :dance:

I think i saw you! i only know now after seeing your photo of front row at perth! I was to your left at the sound desk after the show when you got your setlist, i was with my dad also getting one!! i had a brown vivalavida t-shirt on over my old coldplay one. and glasses lol.

Pretty awesome show!!! i got on the rail at the end of the runway (without piano) and got some video clips, no full songs because my arm was too sore and i was watching the show lol. Shame they missed 2 songs (saying speed of sound would've been either that OR glass of water + DWNC)

SOooooooooooooooooo happy

:D I do recall seeing 2 guys talking to the soundmen :dance: Yes I was that Asian girl in the white DAAHF tee and the cap holding that crazy crazy banner :P

AWWW MIN!! :dance: im so happy :blush: :D:D:D thats the sweetest thing!! he def. has to be remembering u from all these concerts!! YAH! :dance:

:hug: Thanks Liz :hug: Was the best night of my life :nice:

:D I do recall seeing 2 guys talking to the soundmen :dance: Yes I was that Asian girl in the white DAAHF tee and the cap holding that crazy crazy banner :P

Hahaha, yep that was us haha. :) :cool:

This is a video still of Chris almost running too far past Jonny during In My Place, Video might go up on youtube when i'm not trying to catch up on my uni work :stunned:

Dontgoovertheedge.jpg

In the meantime though, I thought I'd let you all know that I just found someone on Youtube that appears to have uploaded the whole concert from that night (from stands with digital camera) over 16 parts. I'm not sure whether it will last on there, so I recommend you have a look &/or download them asap in case they get removed.

i've looked at it, and to be fair, the audio is average and the video is terrible. i have vid'd all the songs from the thurs gig, except for 4, and all are quality audio and 17 are in High Definition. sounds like i'm blowing a trumpet but in fact i only want to share the good stuff round. [and if it gets removed [?] i'll just re-upload it]. check it out, you can find it here> [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGPhC7CiULk&feature=PlayList&p=AC24C9D40DF52201&index=19]YouTube - coldplay-life in technicolor ii-final encore-live@ Sydney 2009[/ame]

Awesome stuff Foxtrotoscar. Would love to see the other ones, I only managed three or four for each gig (really need that bigger memory card) I was torn as to which songs to get each night.

..and thankYOU littleedge, just noticed your 2 berlin vids, amazing, great sound quality, nice, i rated them 5 stars naturally. hey I WAS AT BERLIN TOO !! took a load of vids then as well [though a few came out with bass distortion although the visual was good. sydney i manged to eliminate any sound distortion. omg you were so close to the stage in berlin! thought berlin was ace but sydney [thursday] was even better.

:D

I'm sorry I didn't get any good ones of Guy though :sad:

ahh thats ok... you were prolly closest to jonny and guy would be all over at the other end of the stage! thats fine!! they were still great!! :dance: your prolly one of jonny's fav. now :D:D he prollys keeps seeing u at the shows!! its so amazing!!!!!