✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

14-Mar-2009: Acer Arena, Sydney, Australia - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some tweets...apparently Warnie was a guest star :stunned:

Corbinharris: Standing next to chris martin from coldplay! Having a bevie out back.. Awesome gig at acer.

Julia_Flyte: Just back from the Coldplay concert. Brilliant. Fantastic show.

mkalaf: Will never, ever, ever get over seeing Coldplay life infront of me!

Tarek_J: COLDPLAY rocked the house tonight, what an amazing concert, the best I've exprienced 4 sure. I'm inspired and about 2 write a new song :)

yoyo624: COLDPLAY!!! BRILLIANT!!! ABSOLUTE AWESOMENESS!!! and.... Completely out of blue..... WAAAARRRNNIIIIEEEE!!!!! was a guest star! Lmao! Random!

brensoft: OMG Coldplay are amazing! Amazing show! Totally impressed with special guest as well - Shane Warne!

ChellesW: funniest sms today... from a friend backstage at coldplay - "I just saw Chris Martin playing table tennis with Shane Warne". ha!! (:stunned:)

danieltreacy: Coldplay was amazing, though I would have liked more improv, medlies, and/or remixes. After all, that's what concerts are for, right?

aliciamalone: @Coldplay was amazing!!

Nneon: Coldplay was amazing and here is a pic to make u ladies - and @Kiryn jealous! 3502573.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1237036140&Signature=P5ssLdzjAHOvyWHCBertgR%2BAhDY%3D

Wooooowww, First post and I am going to make it a good one.....

We attended Wednesday nights show for my daughters birthday present (she turned 8) and she managed to score Will's drum skin from one of the roadies along with a set of sticks, guitar pick and setlist (gotta love being cute and little). After that show we hung around and waited for the carpark to empty out a bit and whilst waiting we managed to meet Will and a bit later Chris. She got autographs on her drum skin and sticks and had been pestering me since to take her to the city and see if we could meet them at their hotel to get Johnny and Guy's autographs. Anyway today I buckled and went to Acer in the hope we could spot the band as they arrived at the show.

We arrived around 3:20 (her older brother and little sister in tow, mother an hour or so behind) and waited patiently. Around 5pm we were told the news that they wouldn't be arriving until around 7pm. We decided to wait it out on the off chance that we would get to meet the band again. Storms threatened and eventually broke, but we held out and at 7:40pm the band arrived, saw the kids waiting (and shouting) and they stopped the cars. We got to have a few minute chat with Johnny and guy, Chris was chatting with some of the other fans on the other side of the car (I'll get to that soon). We managed to get the drum skin finished off so she now has the entire bands autographs on it :0 is very cool.

Anyway (and I can't thanks the other fans enough) fate/luck reared it's head when Chris asked the other guys about the nights show and they mentioned that we didn't have tickets we were all just there to meet them. Chris said he would sort us out, and within a few minutes, Chris' security guard came up to speak with us all, and brought all 8 of us Gold reserve tickets for the nights show. Amazing!!!! We were all just happy to have had the chance to meet them, this was totally unexpected and so appreciated. The wait was already worth it, this was such a generous thing for Chris to have done, totally mad my families night.

So any way, got to watch what was another great show totally out of the blue. Yes Warney made a strange appearance when the band played in the bleachers and no he can't play Maraccas at all. Was still good for a laugh though.

Setlist (yes we scored memorabilia again, 3 cute kids in tow this time)

Life in Technicolor

Violet Hill

Clocks

In My Place

Yellow

Speed of Sound

Cemeteries of London

Fix You

Strawberry Swing

Talk (dance version)/God put a smile (B)

Hardest Part (B)

Postcards from far Away (B)

Viva La Vida

Lost

Green Eyes ©

I'm a Believer ©

DWNC © pretty sure this was skipped

Viva Remix

Politik

Lovers in Japan

Death and all his friends

The Scientist

Lif in Technicolor 2

(The Escapist)

Will post some youtube links up soon :)

Was totally amazing, we were totally blessed to have have even met the band, my wife and I are still buzzing about the rest of the night.

The only downer of the evening is I had to tell my daughter she is no longer allowed to wear her Viva La Vida shirt we bought her in Berlin as she now has all four autographs on it and I would hate to have to put it through the wash. I tried to buy her a new one after the show but they only had XL left (not a good look for an 8 year old) :)

Luckily enough have a friend going tomorrow night who will be able to pick her up a replacement.