||The OFFICIAL Coldplay FanFic Thread 1||

iPsy

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

These are NOT new.

They are old stories that someone wanted to read.

G/F

Controversy

Chapter 1

"Listen to me for a moment. I need to talk to you about something," Guy said.

"I already told you...I don't care what we do tomorrow.....skiing or sledding," Fab answered, yawning.

They were lying in front of a large stone fireplace, sharing a bottle of cognac.

"It's not about that," Guy said, "Look at me please."

Fab knew the tone in his voice and he knew it was serious.

"Okay," he said, taking a sip of the brandy, "I'm all ears. Speak to me."

Guy looked down and he fingered the lip of his glass.

"I want to tell them," he said, "The others.....Will, Jonny and Chris. I want to tell them about us."

Fab took a deep breath and an unpleasant expression passed his face.

"Why?" he asked. "Everything has been going great except for the...you know...no sex part."

Guy smiled.

"That's why I want to tell them," he said. "There was really no point until now because we didn't know

if it was going to work out or not. But I think that just maybe.....just maybe it is. It's been six months

and we have managed to find quite a bit of time together. So I think it is time."

"But if you tell them, won't you have to tell others too?"

"You mean, like my family?" Guy asked.

"Yeah."

"No. My family is different. They had a fit when I told them I wasn't going to be there at Christmas. I certainly

couldn't have told them I was spending the holiday here in the Alps with you. But the others......they deserve to know.

Everything I do affects them too."

Fab nodded.

"Will they keep it a secret? Because I don't know what my bandmates would say."

"I think they will, but that's not fair. I want you to tell your friends too."

Fab looked away.

"Please don't ask me to do that. You know I would do anything for you...anything...But that....I don't know if I can do that."

Guy reached out and put a hand on his arm.

"I know it will be hard. But we're either in this together or we're not."

"Okay," he said, "But we're not getting together for a couple of weeks."

"That's fine," Guy told him, "I will be telling the guys as soon as the holiday is over."

"Do you want me to come with you?"

"No," Guy said, looking away and staring into the fire, "I better do it alone."

"Is it really going to be worth it?" Fab asked.

Guy smiled, wistfully.

"You mean is my relationship with you worth my risking losing everything I ever wanted. Worth risking the

fame and fortune? Worth risking the joy of getting to play music with guys I love? Worth risking losing the

friendship of those same guys? Yes," he said, as he leaned forward to give Fab a sweet kiss on the mouth.

"This relationship is worth everything to me."

Chapter 2

They spent the rest of the holiday skiing, sledding and tubing down the mountains at the ski resort. The

resort was an out of the way place where lots of celebrities and royalty spent their vacations. So no one

looked at the two brown-eyed handsome men any differently than the rest of the guests. They went on l

ong hikes through the snowy woods and Guy took lots of pictures. His favorite photograph turned out to

be a black and white shot of Fab.

He had been standing on top of a large rock mimicing the scene from Titanic and yelling "I am the King of the World."

Guy just watched him and laughed. But then he thought it would make a great photo. And it did. He was

standing on the rock, looking toward the sky with his arms outstretched toward the valley below.

The days passed so quickly and suddenly it was Christmas morning.

"Get up," Guy told Fab, throwing a pillow at him from across the room.

"Why?" he asked, "I only got to sleep a couple of hours ago," Fab complained.

"Ah, why? What's wrong?" Guy asked, walking over to the bed and sitting down beside him to rub his back.

"Well, it's pretty hard to sleep in this big bed all by myself," he said, "With you just across the hall in that other bedroom."

Guy smiled at him and said ,"You were the one who decided that this is the way it should be."

"I know.....I know.....But if you think that fact keeps me warm at night, you are wrong."

They locked eyes for a moment.

"Hey, Come on," Guy said. "Get up.......it's Christmas."

"And...........?" Fab said, quizzically.

"Well, I might just have a present for you since you have been such a good boy," Guy teased him.

"Yeah, really?" Fab jumped up, excitedly, "I haven't had a present on Christmas morning since....since I was a little boy."

"Open it," Guy said, handing Fab a small package still in the plain brown wrapper from the store where he bought it.

"You shouldn't have went to so much trouble with the wrapping paper," He teased.

"Yeah...yeah.." Guy said, " I know, but I couldn't decide what to get until right before time to leave for the airport. So I didn't have time to wrap it."

Fab opened the package and pulled out a box. A little black velvet box. Fab looked at Guy.

"Is this what I think it is?" he asked, with wide eyes.

"Just open it," Guy said, softly.

He opened it. It was a thin little silver ring. Inside the ring was inscribed with their initials and the date.

Fab stared at it for a long time.

"Don't you like it?" Guy asked, worriedly.

Fab turned and walked out of the room. Guy heard him throwing things around in the bedroom and then he came back carrying a beautifully wrapped present.

"Here," he said, handing it to Guy.

"But what about your present......" Guy asked.

"Open yours."

"All right." He tore the paper off. It was a little black velvet box that looked very familiar.

"Oh my God...." He said, looking up at Fab.

It was the very same ring that Guy had just given to him.

"How did you know?" he asked.

"I didn't......."Fab said.

Guy smiled at him. "See we are a perfectly matched pair."

Controversy

Chapter 3

Guys palms were sweaty and his mouth was dry as he entered the Bakery. Today was the day that he would tell the rest of the band about his relationship with Fab.

He wished he had some idea of the way that they would react, but he truly didn't.

They were all there when he walked in.

"Well, somebody must have had a great holiday," Chris said, when he walked in, "You look great."

"Thanks," Guy said, "It was....pleasant."

"Did Santa bring you everything that was on your list?" Will teased.

Guy just laughed.

"Look guys, I need to be serious with you for a moment.There's something I need to tell you. And I don't know how you will take it."

Chris stood up from his piano and walked over to Guy. A very serious look on his face.

"Okay," he said, looking back at Will and Jonny.

Guy looked at all three of them. He really did love them. He just hoped what he was about to say was not going to destroy the deep friendships they had developed.

"I...I've met somebody," he stammered.

"That's great," Jonny said.

Guy held up a hand to stop any further comments.

"Please just let me finish," he said.

"It's actually somebody that you already know. And it's not exactly a conventional thing," he said.

"Is she married or underage or what?" Chris asked.

"Not exactly. It's not exactly a 'she.'

No one said anything. There was stark quiet. The only thing Guy could hear was the sound of his own breathing.

Finally, he said,"Somebody say something.......please."

Jonny opened his mouth to speak,thought better of the idea and closed it. Chris leaned on the piano and rubbed a hand across his eyes. Will didn't move.

"Well, listen," Chris finally said, "Your business is your business. I would just ask that you don't have this relationship out in the open. It probably would be bad for our image."

Guy nodded.

"Relationship????" Will said, standing up from his drum set, "How can you call it a relationship? It's just weird. It's not a relationship. It's.....it's......disgusting. Disgusting is what it is."

"Will......"Chris said. "Don't be like that. Guy is our friend. He needs our support."

"I'm not supporting something like that." He said.

Guy didn't move. The lump in his throat almost kept him from breathing.

"But Jonny and Chris.........they are always flirting.....on stage and in interviews," Guy told him, "You never seem to mind that."

"That is just a lot of acting and showmanship for the fans. They aren't really doing anything," Will told him, "But you.....you are involved in the real thing."

Guy nodded.

"Yes," he said, "I believe it is the real thing. The thing I have waited for all my life. The thing that Chris writes those songs about. The thing that poetry is written about."

"Good grief, Guy........do you know how ridiculous you sound?" Will asked him." You sound like a lovestruck school girl. It really is inappropriate coming from a man your age."

Guy was hurt at first. But now he was getting angry.

"Screw you," he said to Will, "I wanted to share my happiness with all of you but if you can't be happy for me.....then you can go to hell."

"On no," Will said, "Hell is for people like...........like you."

"What does that mean?" Guys asked, starting to walk toward him and narrowing his eyes at him.

"You know," Will said, "Guys who sleep with guys. They are just perverted. It's just not natural."

"Will!!!!" Chris yelled, "Stop!!"

"Oh no," Guy said, "Let him go on. Let the always responsible,always reliable,self-righteous,close-minded, son-of-a bitch go on. Because I am leaving."

"Don't go," Jonny reached out to grab his arm. Guy flashed him a look of indignation and Jonny let go.

Guy slammed the door hard as he walked away.

Chapter 4

Guy was sitting in his apartment replaying the conversation in his head when his cell phone rang.

"Yeah," he asked, without looking at the number.

"How did it go?" Fab asked.

Guy's stomach ached at the sound of the voice on the other end of the line.

The voice that belonged to the person that was so far away.

"It didn't," he said.

There was silence on the other end. Then finally Fab said, "Chris?"

"No," Guy told him, "Surprisingly the little worry wart of the band was okay with it. It was Will."

"Will?" he sounded surprised, "I never expected that."

"Me either," Guy said, "How did it go with you?"

"I almost hate to tell you," Fab said, "But it went great. Everyone was really supportive and at least one of them was very jealous."

That made Guy laugh.

"Really?" he said, "Which one?"

"Oh no, Fab joked, "I'm not telling you. You might decide you like him too."

"No chance of that," Guy said, quietly, "You are the only one I will ever care about."

There was silence on both ends of the conversation until Guy said, "I miss you."

"I miss you, too."

"When can you come back to London?" Guy asked.

"I don't know. Any chance you can get to New York?"

"No, not for a week or so. We have all these radio interviews. Even if Will isn't speaking to me....we are supposed to do some stuff together."

"Maybe he will come around once the shock has worn off," Fab said.

"It was just so ugly. The things he said. I just can't believe he thinks like that. I never expected him to be so close-minded."

"I wish I was there," Fab said, "I would kick his ass for upsetting you and hurting you like that."

Guy smiled.

"No one has ever looked out for me like that before," he said, "I always had to fight my own battles."

"Not anymore, luv."

"I feel better," Guy said, "But I wish I could look into your eyes."

"Don't say things like that when we are so far apart."

"Why not?" Guy asked, "It's true. I need you."

There was silence on the other end of the phone.

"Are you still there?" Guy finally asked.

"Yes," Fab answered, "Say it again."

"I need you," Guy said, softly, "Today was really hard and I need you to be here."

"I have to go now," Fab said.

"Why?" Guy asked.

"Because the last plane for London leaves in half an hour and if I'm going to make it, I better hurry."

Controversy

Chapter 5

Guy was standing outside the security gate at the airport waiting for the plane to arrive. After a few minutes, the

security guard opened the door to the jetway. Guy kept turning his head back and forth. His eyes were scanning

the crowd of passengers coming up the ramp. Finally, he saw him. Fab spotted him right away. He walked up to Guy

and they just stood there looking at each other for a second.

"Give me a hug, man." Fab finally said, reaching his arms out to Guy.

Guy practically fell into his arms. He closed his eyes as he inhaled the scent of his hair and the smell of his cologne.

"I'm so glad that you are here," he whispered into his ear.

"Everything will be alright," Fab whispered back, "You'll see."

Then they stood back from one another. If anyone had been watching them, they would have just seemed like long-lost friends meeting again.

"Come on," Guy said, "I've got my car."

"You really shouldn't drive so fast," Fab told him, as Guy was speeding down the highway.

"Telling me how to behave now, are you?" Guy asked. He took his hand off the gear shift and reached over to take Fab's.

He brought it up to his mouth and kissed it.

"Will you keep your eyes on the road?" Fab said.

"My eyes are on the road," Guy said, "As for the rest of me.........I'm just basking in the glow of your presence."

Fab laughed.

"How long have you been rehearsing that cheesy line?" He asked.

"It's not cheesy," Guy said, "I got it from a movie."

"Oh well, then I feel so special," he said laughing, and then a car almost careened into their path.

"Shit!! Will you watch it! That car almost hit us."

"That wasn't even close," Guy said, "You have to learn that people over here don't drive like little old ladies like they do in America."

"Well, I guess I will have to put that on my list of things to remember when I make the big move."

Guy slammed on the brakes of the car. The tires squealed and they came to a violent halt, right in the middle of the highway.

"What did you say?" he asked.

"Ah, Guy..." Fab said, turning around to look at the long line of cars that was starting to form behind them.

"What did you say?" Guy asked again, "About moving here."

"Those drivers are starting to get pissed. Road rage is developing." Fab told him.

"Yeah, well luckily not everyone has a gun in their car like in America. They can just wait."

Fab looked at him.

"I'm thinking of moving here," he said.

"Don't tease me like that," Guy said, looking at him with widened eyes, "I can't take it right now if you aren't serious."

"I am very serious," he said, "I couldn't stand not being here when you were upset. So I am thinking of having London as my base.

I mean, music is so advanced now that two people don't even have to be in the same room to record a duet together.

I could probably live on the moon and still record with the guys."

"I love you," Guy said, surprising himself considerably.

"Well, then it seems I did make the right choice, huh? Because I have known I loved you for a long time."

"Let's go home," Guy said, shifting the car into gear.

Chapter 6

"I am coming with you and that's final," Fab said to Guy.

"There's no need for it," Guy told him, "Will and I just have to do a short interview, like maybe fifteen minutes or so."

"I don't care. I don't want you to be alone with him."

"He isn't going to do anything," Guy said, "He just probably won't talk to me or look at me."

"That's great. But I am coming with you anyway."

Will was already at the radio station when Guy and Fab walked in. He looked up, saw Fab and came hurrying over.

"Hey," he said, cheerfully, "I didn't know you were in town."

"Yeah," Fab said, "I just came in to see Guy."

Will looked from Guy to Fab and back again. Guy's face showed how afraid he was.

"Oh my God," Will said, taking a step back, "It's you. You are the one that he.......You are the one that......." His voice stopped.

He stepped forward quickly and punched Fab right in the face. Fab stumbled backwards.

"What the hell?!!!!" Guy stepped forward and punched Will in the face. Then he bent down to see if Fab was okay.

"I'm fine," he said, as he stood up rubbing his cheek.

"Get away from him," Will said to Fab, "Get away from him now. How dare you use Guy like this! I should

have known it was someone like you.Guy would never have acted like this on his own. You must have tricked him or something."

"Shut up," Guy said, with incredible force in his voice, "Just shut up Will. He didn't do anything to me.

I am not an idiot who can be charmed by toys and shiny objects. I have a brain and I have feelings."

"Yeah, well then why don't you start using your brain," Will said, "Damn Guy, You aren't gay. I know that."

"You're right," Guy said, "I'm not and he isn't either. We are just two people who happen to love each other."

"You.....you....love him now?" Will asked.

"Yes," Guy said, looking at Fab, "I love him. And he loves me. And if you don't like it that is too damn bad."

"I don't like it," Will said, " And I don't have to stand for it. I won't be a party to this sort of thing," he said, practically spitting out the words.

"So, what......what are you going to do?" Guy asked.

"Right now now, I am getting the hell out of here."

"What about the interview?" Guy asked.

"You do it. Do it with your boyfriend. Tell the listeners all about how you love him," Will said, in a mocking tone, "Maybe some of them will think it is okay."

"I never knew you could be such a bastard," Guy told him.

"I never knew you would be such a.....a......I can't even say the word," Will said. Then he turned and walked away.

Guy turned back to Fab.

"Are you alright?" he asked, examining the large, purple bruise that was starting to appear on his cheek.

"I'm fine," he said, "But I am worried about you."

"Don't worry about me," Guy said, "I am fine. I am really pissed, but I am fine. Who does he think he is?"

"He just doesn't want you to make a mistake," Fab said.

"Are you defending his behavior?" Guy asked, as if he couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"No, of course not. The bigotry....never would I defend that," he answered.

"But you are going to have to get along with him. You are still in a band together."

"I can solve that problem right now," Guy said, "I can leave this damn band."

Controversy

Chapter 7

"Okay," Chris said, "I have had it up to here with you two. Will wants to leave the band. Guy wants to

leave the band. What the hell is wrong with the two of you?"

Neither of them said anything.

"Fine," Chris said, "Here is how it is going to be........I am leaving and when I do, I am locking this door.

I am not coming back for several hours. While I am gone I want you to work this out. Fight, scream, cry,

hit, yell......I don't care. Just work it out." T

He walked away and they heard the lock click.

Will was sitting in a chair, with a self-righteous look on his face.

"Damn you sure are smug, aren't you?" Guy asked.

"What does that mean?" Will asked.

"You are sitting there with that superior look on your face......Do you really think you are so much better than the rest of us?"

"No, not better.....just a little smarter maybe and have more common sense."

Guy lit a cigarette and looked at Will.

"Haven't you ever just fell helplessly in love with someone.....even against your will and better judgement?" He asked.

"Of course, I did.....once.." Will said, "And it didn't work out so well."

"I'm sorry," Guy said, "You haven't mentioned that before. I didn't know."

"I never mention it because it was too painful," Will said, "It was doomed from the start just like what is going to

happen to you. And I hate to see that."

"But I am happy...really happy," Guy said.

"I know that," Will said, "I can tell. Everything about you says so."

"Then what's wrong with that?" Guy asked.

"What's wrong with it is that it can't work. It isn't supposed to work. Nature didn't intend it that way and you

are going to end up crushed. And I don't want to see that happen to you," Will said.

"I love him," Guy said, "And I won't give him up. If nature crushes me or karma kicks my ass or whatever.....I don't care.

So be it. I would rather have some time with him than a lifetime of living without him."

Will leaned forward in his chair.

"Guy, I love you like a brother," he said, "I just don't know if I can accept this side of you."

"Well, could you maybe try a little harder?" Guy asked.

"I suppose I can do that," Will said, "I mean.....at least I know the guy. I know that he is a good person.

I am pretty sure he will treat you right. Or else I will kick his ass."

"You have already done that," Guy said.

They both laughed.

Chris and Jonny, standing outside the door, heard the laughter.

"That's a good sign, right?" Jonny asked.

"Yeah," Chris said, "That is a very good sign."

• 1 month later...

NOT NEW...........OLD STORIES FOR A NEW READER.

Paradise Lost

Chapter 1

Chris woke up early as was his habit. He smiled to himself as he had been having the most wonderful dream in which several new songs came to him. He couldn't wait to tell Jonny about them. He turned over to the other side of the bed. But Jonny wasn't there. And then it all came back to Chris in one horrendous cascade of images. His stomach ached and all his nerves twitched as he remembered the series of events that led to him waking up alone. He scooted over to the side of the bed where Jonny used to sleep. He laid his head on Jonny's pillow. The scent of Jonny's after shave was still on the pillow. Chris closed his eyes, hugged the pillow tightly and inhaled the scent. He didn't cry. He wanted to. He wanted to cry and scream and yell. But he had already done those things so many times in the past few weeks. And he did nothing but lay there alone.

Chris was getting dressed when he decided to take a sweater out of the closet. Autumn was giving way to winter and the heat wasn't turned on yet in his flat. He pulled a sweater down from the top shelf of the closet. With the sweater came several other articles of clothing that had all been stacked together when they were stored away last summer. One of the items that fell at Chris feet was a shirt that belonged to Jonny. It was a dark blue button-up shirt that Jonny used to wear over his t-shirts when they would play pick-up games of cricket in the park. It was also the shirt that Jonny wore on their first official date. Chris ran his hands over the soft brushed cotton material and remembered how it felt the first time he unbuttoned it. He held it up to his face to inhale the scent, but the shirt had been washed before it was stored and it only smelled of laundry detergent and fabric softener.

Chris walked into the kitchen to brew his morning coffee. Yesterday's mail was still laying on the counter. There were several useless advertisments, a bill from the utility company and a letter addressed to Jonny. Chris didn't recognize the handwriting. But the return address told him that is was probably from a relative of Jonny's. He stared at the address that was his flat and remembered how long they had argued about whether he would move in with Jonny, whether Jonny would move in with him or whether they would get a new place completely. God, that all seemed so long ago. Was it really only a few months? Chris' hand was shaking when he dropped the letter to Jonny in the wastebasket.

Chris was standing at the window watching traffic meander down the narrow little street when he decided to go for a walk to help clear his head. He opened the closet door where his caps were kept. He always wore a cap in the hopes that he was less recognizable that way. He yanked a cap off the rack and pulled it down over his face so that his eyes were hidden. But the cap seemed way too big for him. He took it off to adjust the size and he saw the initals "JB" written under the brim. It was Jonny's hat. He stared at the letters for a moment. His lips trembled and he flung the cap across the room.

He hated himself.

Why? He asked himself? Why did this have to happen?

Nothing would ever be the same again.

Nothing could change the fact that Jonny was gone.

And it was his fault.

If only they could go back to that fateful night.

That night when he had cheated on Jonny.

Chapter 2

Chris was walking through the park in a heavy mist. It was two o'clock in the afternoon but the sky was so dark with heavy rain clouds that it seemed almost night. Even the automatic street lights were already shining their yellow glow. He heard laughter and looked up to see a young couple snuggled close together against the elements as they sat on one of the benches. He remembered a time not so long ago when he and Jonny had sat in almost the same spot. They had spent all day at the amusement park, riding roller coasters, eating cotton candy and playing games of skill on the midway. On their way home they had stopped in the park to rest. That was the first night that Jonny had shyly reached out to hold Chris' hand.

Chris shook his head and tried to make the image of a happy time go away. He didn't deserve to have such a wonderful memory. Not after what he had done to destroy their lives. The worst thing was that he didn't even know how it happened.

FLASHBACK

The guys were all excited. This was the first night of the gigs that they would be playing with Snow Patrol. They had met the band before and were very impressed with their catalog of music. Chris had also known the lead singer, Gary, from his work with the Make Trade Fair organization in his native Ireland.

While the band was in their dressing room, the guys from Snow Patrol had stopped by to thank them for the invitation to be their opening act.

"I can't even imagine how many people we will be playing in front of," Gary had said, in his rather charming Northern Ireland accent.

"You deserve to be seen," Guy told him, "You are a great band."

"That means alot coming from guys like you," Gary said, with a quiet smile.

"Just don't let it go to your head,"Will joked.

"Yeah," Chris added, "Then you will start to act like real bastards, like we do." Chris said. They all laughed.

But Gary looked at Chris in a strange way and gave him a little wink.

Later Jonny had told Chris, "He was flirting with you."

"Oh Jon," Chris had said, with a laugh, "Are you jealous?"

Jonny just looked at him and did not seem to share his amusement.

"What are you worried about?" Chris asked, "So what if he was? The only musician I have eyes for is this sexy guitar player that I know."

"Stop teasing me," Jonny said, "I don't like it. I don't like it one bit." He turned and walked away to put on his costume for the show.

"Hey," Chris followed him and grabbed his arm, "You know what you mean to me and you know how I feel about you.....Don't worry about a little silly flirtation," he told him.

"Well suppose he doesn't think it's just a silly flirtation?" Jonny asked.

"Then I will have to set him straight," Chris said, "You have to trust me."

Jonny looked ashamed and embarrassed.

"I trust you, Chris," he said, "It's the other bastard that worries me."

Chapter 3

Paradise Lost

Lost in a maze of my own making

No way out that i can find, send home your hard working jury

I'm going down this time

You'd better believe it, yes, you had

So if you hear me crying, or talking in my sleep

Don't be afraid, it's just the hours that i keep

We gotta love to last for a million years

A love that could never fade through the tracks of your tears

All i can do is hope that you will see me fall

Do your best to smash my picture on your wall

Forgive me baby, absolve me, my dear

I've seen the future in the tracks of your tears

I've seen the future in the tracks of your tears

Of your tears, of your tears

Chris stopped into his favorite little dive for a cup of coffee. He was tired from walking and he needed a little burst of energy that he usually got from the caffeine. He was sitting at the counter on one of the stools when this song came on the old jukebox that sat in a corner. For a moment Chris almost seemed to stop breathing because the pain in his chest was so intense. Then slowly he began to sing along quietly with the words. These were the lyrics to Jonny's favorite song by the Stone Roses.

Many were the nights they had lain wrapped in each others arms on the sofa in one of their flats listening to that entire album over and over again.

Chris never knew why it was Jonny's favorite song. Jonny, himself, said he didn't exactly know. He just liked the way the lyrics were so expressive and genuine.

Now, as Chris sat listening to the words, he thought his heart would break. He knew that his love for Jonny would last longer than a million years. And so would the excruciating pain of living without him.

Chapter 4

Chris found himself standing outside the Bakery. He just stood in the middle of the little alley that was beside the restaurant. He hadn't been to the studio in days. He couldn't even think about going back there. There was nothing left to write songs about. There was no music in his soul.

The last time he had been here had been a happy one. It had been business as usual. Guy and WIll had been arguing about who took the last ice cream cone out of the freezer. Jonny had been heavily involved in reading a science fiction novel and he was just scribbling notes to himself. Chris had sat down beside Jonny and took his book away to scribble a note on the flyleaf.

"Hey, give me that back. Don't make a mess on my book," Jonny said.

Chris scribbled the note and handed it back to him saying, "Don't lose that. It's very important."

Jonny looked at it and smiled at him.

Chris had written, “You are the sunshine in my soul,” on the flyleaf in the spiky handwriting that practically no one else could read except Jonny.

Chris shivered and pulled his jacket up around his throat. The heavily-laden clouds finally began to release their load. The raindrops fell all around him. They splashed in his eyes and ran down his cheeks. The cold liquid mixing with the warm tears that were falling from his eyes. He took the back of his hand and dried his eyes. Then he slowly turned and started walking down the wet, empty street back toward his flat.

A lone car horn honked at him as he crossed against the traffic light. His mind went back to the incident that should have been a warning for him, but wasn’t.

FLASHBACK

It was halfway through the tour. Everything was going great. The crowds were explosive. Snow Patrol was doing a great job of warming the crowds up for the band.

Chris was alone in the dressing room before a show when Gary came in.

“Hey,” he said, “A bunch of us are going out to a pub after the show, why don’t you come along?”

“I don’t know what the others are doing,” Chris answered, “But we should be able to make it.”

Gary leaned forward and put a hand on Chris’ knee and squeezed it. He looked straight at Chris and said ,”I wasn’t talking about all of the band. I was only inviting you.”

Chris got a strange feeling up the back of his neck. Now, he knew that Jonny was right after all.

Oddly enough, he wasn’t really appalled or shocked.

Chris didn’t say anything.

Gary stood up, smiled and ran a finger across Chris’ cheek before he walked out of the room.

Chapter 5

Chris hated going home. The flat looked so desolate and lifeless.The worn carpet seemed even more threadbare. The second-hand furniture seemed more itchy and lumpy. He couldn't concentrate enough to read. He didn't dare listen to music. And so when he walked in the door, he just went straight to a chair and sat down. The clouds from the early rain squall had cleared a little and there was a shaft of pale weak moonlight coming in his window. Except for that moonlight, Chris sat in total darkness.

His mind wandered back to that night when Gary had so blatantly flirted with him. He had gone to the party after the concert that night. But he only went to make it clear to Gary that he was not interested in pursuing any kind of relationship.

FLASHBACK

Gary saw him as soon as he arrived at the bar. He must have been watching the door to see if Chris was going to show up. He hurried over to Chris.

"Hey,great that you made it," He said, throwing an arm around Chris' shoulder. Chris flinched a little.

"Come on let's get a table," Gary told him.

They sat at a table and ordered a beer each. Chris tried to explain the situation to Gary.

"I don't want to appear rude," he started, "But I don't want you to get the wrong idea either." Gary took a long drag on his cigarette and contemplated Chris. Then he slowly exhaled the smoke and said, "And just what would the wrong idea be?"

Chris was horribly embarrassed. He fiddled with the handle on his mug of beer.

"You know, that we...I mean..I...that I am interested in pursuing a relationship with you," Chris finally spit out.

"Ah ha.." Gary said, turning over his cigarette lighter in his hands, "Are you quite sure about that?" he asked.

Chris took a long drink of beer. This was harder than he thought. He had thought he could just explain things quickly and leave.

But Gary wasn't making it easy.

"Yes," Chris told him, "Quite sure. You see.....well..it's not really a well-known fact or anything....but I am already in a committed relationship."

Gary shifted in his seat and said," I don't see how that is a problem. I am very attracted to you and well...you are here so you must be somewhat curious about me. I don't really give a shit about whether or not you are in a relationship."

Chris didn't expect anything like this. He took several more long drinks of beer.

"Come on," Gary said, getting up from the table, "Let's go outside. It's too noisy in here."

Chris stood up to follow him. He felt a little queasy and a little dizzy. He was not used to drinking beer and he thought he might be drunk.

Once outside in the night air, he felt a little bit better.Gary turned to Chris and stroked his cheek just a little as he said, "You really are a gorgeous creature."

"I love Jonny," Chris said, quickly.

"I don't care," Gary said, and kissed Chris on the mouth.

"I love Jonny," Chris said, again, "He's everything to me. He's my whole world."

Gary held Chris' face between his hands and looked at him intently.

"I don't care," he said, slowly and deliberately, "You can love him for the rest of your life for all I care. I just want to sleep with you tonight."

Chris pushed his hands away.

"It's very simple," Gary told him, "We spend the night together. No one has to know. Jonny doesn't have to know. Tomorrow you go back to being with him as though nothing ever happened."

"Okay," Chris said. He didn't know why he said it. He didn't know why he did it. He wanted to think it was the alcohol, but he only had one beer. He wanted to put all the blame on Gary. But he couldn't. And as he lay there beside Gary afterward all he could think was what a bastard he had become.

Chapter 6

Chris wanted to sleep. He wanted to sleep more than anything else. For in the world of sleep his mind could actually relax. Sometimes he could even dream.....pleasant dreams about his childhood or comforting dreams about the life that he had with the band before he screwed it all up. Sometimes he would even dream of Jonny. Those were the worst dreams of all. Because when he woke up......there was just nothingness.

He wanted to sleep, but he couldn't because his mind kept going back to that day. That horrible day when he knew he had to tell Jonny what happened between him and Gary.

FLASHBACK

"I have to go," Chris said, getting out of bed and groping around for his clothes.

"Why?" Gary asked, "I thought we were just getting started." Chris thought he might throw up. He still couldn't believe what he had done.

"Because Jonny...." he stopped himself as he thought of how worried Jonny might be. In his mind he could see Jonny sitting back at their flat,checking the clock and worrying if he was okay. And all the time he was just doing....doing this. He was so disgusted with himself that he wanted to scream.

Chris finished dressing and was out the door in no time. He hurried down the street. Then he began to jog. Then he began to run. He ran faster and faster. Trying to get away from the fact that he had just done the unthinkable. Suddenly, he stopped running. He dropped to his knees right in the middle of the sidewalk, buried his face in his hands and began to cry.

Chris knew what he had to do. He had to tell Jonny the truth. He loved Jonny too much to disrespect him by lying to him.

"Where have you been?" Jonny asked, when Chris opened the door, "Are you okay?" Jonny's soft green eyes were full of concern.

Chris walked to the sofa and told Jonny, "Come here."

Jonny sat down beside him, his face a mask of concern, "What's wrong?" he asked, "You look terrible."

"Jonny, I have to tell you something," he said, "Please don't say anything. Just let me get this out." A single tear ran down his face. Chris looked at Jonny's innocent face and his heart was broken into a thousand pieces.

"Jonny," he said, "I did something...something terrible tonight. Something I never thought was possible," Chris closed his eyes. He did not want to see Jonny's face when he heard what Chris had to say.

"I.....cheated on you," he said. Chris heard the words come out of his mouth but it seemed as if they were coming from a stranger.

"What?" Jonny asked, quietly, "What did you say?"

"I cheated on you Jonny...and I am so sorry. I know that sounds so ridiculous, but I really am." Jonny didn't move.

"Why?" He asked, quietly.

"I don't know," Chris said, truthfully. Jonny still didn't move.

"With who?" he asked.

"It doesn't matter," Chris said.

"Yes, it does," Jonny said, "It was Gary, wasn't it?"

Chris just nodded.

"And after I told you....warned you about him....."Jonny practically whispered the words.

Chris didn't say anything. Jonny stood up.

"I'll be staying with Will," he said, "Until I can find a place of my own."

"Jonny, please.....please.....I know I deserve your anger.....but......I love you."

Jonny swallowed hard and said, "Then I feel sorry for you because I don't ever want to see you again."

Then he walked out the door and closed it quietly.

Chapter 7

Chris heard the phone ring. He never answered it. The only person that called him on his home phone was usually his mother. She refused to call his cell phone. Then he heard Jonny's voice on the answering machine.

"Chris, it's me. I tried your cell but you must have it turned off. Anyway if you get this message please call me back."

Chris ran to the phone but he didn't make it before Jonny hung up. He just stood there, pushing the rewind button on the machine and listening to the sound of Jonny's voice. He listened over and over until he memorized every little nuance of the words as Jonny said them. He wanted to crawl inside the machine and wrap himself in the sound of Jonny's voice.

Chris toyed with the idea of whether or not to call Jonny. What if he wanted to tell him something horrible? What if he wanted to leave the band? God, he couldn't face that right now. Finally, with shaking hands he dialed the number.

Jonny answered. Chris could hardly find his voice. They spoke politely for a few seconds and then Jonny told him he needed to see him.

It took Chris three hours to get ready. He didn't know why. Jonny knew him better than any living soul. What did it matter how he looked? Or what he was wearing?

They met in the park by the big fountain.

"You look good," Jonny said, when Chris first walked up.

"You too," Chris said.

"Actually that isn't true," Jonny said, "You look like shit."

"I feel like shit," Chris said.

"Me too," Jonny said. They gazed at each other for a moment. Chris was still amazed at how much he loved Jonny. He had fallen in love with him so slowly over the years that he never realized how deeply he was connected to Jonny.

"Well," Jonny said, after a moment or so, "I wanted to see you because I wanted to tell you that I am sorry."

Chris' could not believe his ears.

"You are sorry????For what?"

"For walking out. For being so harsh," Jonny explained.

"I deserved it," Chris said.

"Maybe so," Jonny said,"But that isn't the right thing to do when someone you love makes a mistake."

"You love me?" Chris asked,quietly.

"Of course, I do," Jonny said, "I couldn't stop loving you no matter what you did. I tried. But I just couldn't stop."

Chris looked down at his shoes. He couldn't believe what he was hearing.

Jonny reached out and lifted Chris' chin so that he was looking directly into his eyes.

"I will come back to you," he said, "It might just take awhile before I am ready."

"I will be waiting," Chris whispered,"As long as it takes."

Jonny nodded. Then he turned and walked away.

Chris watched him until he was out of sight.

Then he turned and went home.

The End

Jonny Gets Married

Chris was sitting at the table in the Bakery absent-mindedly drawing little cartoons across some discarded sheet music and sucking on little pieces of chocolate candy when Johnny came in.

"Hey man," Chris said, "I haven't seen you in a few days. Are you okay?"

Jonny nodded and said, "I told you that I was going away for a few days to try and sort some things out."

"I know, but I just thought you were worn out after this last tour. I didn't think it was anything serious," Chris told him, still drawing little cartoon figures.

"Well, you were wrong. It was and is very serious," Jonny said with a bit of a quiver in his voice.

"Oh come on now, Jonny Boy........what could be so serious. We just had a great tour in support of a great record. We are working on new stuff. Guy is sober, most of the time and Will is very happy in his current relationship. And you know how we all want Will to be happy."

"Stop joking around Chris," Jonny said, quietly, "I have something important to tell you." Chris looked at him. Jonny's face was pale and his eyes looked as though he had not slept in days.

"You are scaring me, Jonny, " he told him, "What's wrong?" Jonny looked down at his hands. They were clenched together so hard that his knuckles were turning white. He took a deep breath and said, "Chris, I have decided to get married."

Chris blinked a few times and he heard the blood rushing through his ears. "What?" he asked quietly, "Why?" His brilliant blue eyes were larger than normal as he searched Jonny's face for some clue as to why this was happening.

"Don't look at me like that," Jonny said, in a barely audible tone, "I told you a long time ago that someday I wanted to be married and have kids. Well, someday is here."

"I......I mean....I know that you have been going out with Kimberly for awhile, Jonny, but I thought that was just a part of the cover. You know, so that no one would be suspicious."

"It was at first," Jonny explained, "But she is a really nice girl, she treats me good. We have fun together. She will make a good wife." Chris took a deep breath and looked away.

"Are you in love with her?" he asked.

"Don't be ridiculous," Jonny told him, "You damn well know the answer to that question." Chris just kept staring into the distance. Neither of them said anything for a long time. The only sounds in the room were the ones that occassionally filtered up from the street. Finally, Jonny said, "I just wanted to tell you myself. And you know, make sure you understand that I will be faithful to her. I want what I see that other people have. I see those old couples in the park. They have a history together and a stable life. I want to be a father. I want to hear someone call me 'Dad'. Is that so much to ask?"

"What about love?" Chris asked him, "Doesn't that matter to you at all?"

"Yes,it does. But not enough anymore. I finally figured that out. Life is not a Disney movie. No one gets everything they want so choices have to be made. And some things just become sacrifices."

"And so you are willing to sacrifice me," Chris said with an acid tone.

"I am sorry, but yes, I guess I am."

"When are you getting married?" Chris asked.

"Two weeks from tomorrow," Jonny said. "We are going to my parents house in Wales. There is a little hill there with........"

"I remember it well," Chris interrupted. Jonny looked away.

"I'm sorry.......of course you remember that place." After a few more moments of awkward silence, Chris spoke, "Jonny, I do want you to be happy. That is all that I have ever wanted." Jonny smiled a sad little smile at him and said, "I know you do. I want the same thing for you. It's just that what I want and what you want don't lead to the same place anymore. I wish I could change that because it is killing me, but I can't."

"Will you kiss me goodbye then?" Chris asked. Jonny looked at him, swallowed hard and said, "I can't do that, Chris. I just can't do that right now."

Chapter 2

The band was scheduled to meet the next morning to listen to some tracks that they had laid down while they were still on tour. Everyone was there when Chris arrived. It was not unusual for him to be late. He appeared to be in a great mood as he called them all together.

"Listen up, guys," he told them, "Someone in this room has a big announcement to make." Guy and Will looked around with curiosity. Jonny smiled a little smile and blushed.

"What gives?" Guy asked.

"Yeah, what's up? Don't tell me.......you are getting a new cap to wear," Will teased him.

"Shush!!!!" Chris told them, "Okay Jon, you may now make your announcement." Jonny was a little nervous with all their eyes trained on him at once, but he said, "Well, Kimberley and I......we...we are getting married."

"What?" Guy jumped up out of his chair and swept Jonny into a big bear hug, "That is so freaking fantastic!!!!!!" He shouted, "Oooh, I have to get to work on the bachelor party."

Will stood up, walked to Jonny and shook hands with him, "That is really fine news," he told him, "She seems like a wonderful girl."

"Thanks," Jonny replied. "We are getting married at my parents house in Wales and all of you had better be there. There will be no excuses accepted."

"We wouldn't miss it. You are the first one of us to get married. We have to make it an event of epic proportions," Will told him, "And besides you are Jonny, our best friend. We have to be there to support you."

"Or to tie you down in case you get cold feet," Guy added. They all laughed.

"This is just the greatest news," Will was still beaming, "Isn't it, Chris?" They all looked across the room to where Chris was standing.

Of course, " he said, flashing them a bright smile, "Just the greatest news ever."

As soon as the news broke to the general population, the band members began to be hounded by the press. The next week was filled with appointments and schedules for the band. Some were doing interviews for television. Some were doing interviews for radio. Poor Jonny was being followed every second of every day as was his fiancee, Kimberley. She had already had a taste of that sort of thing since she had been dating Jonny for a few months. She seemed to adapt to it much better than he did.

It was so crazy around the band that the tailor for the tuxedoes had to meet the boys at a hotel and even then he was followed back to his shop by a gaggle of paparazzi. Finally, they all decided to move into the hotel for the rest of the week.

"I am so glad it is only the week after next, "Jonny told Chris, "I couldn't take much more of this."

"Next week, we will all be in Wales and it won't be as bad as it is here in the city," Chris told him. Chris was sitting on the couch in the hotel room, strumming on his guitar, trying to work out a particular passage in a song that had been giving him trouble. Jonny went over and sat beside him.

"Look, I wanted to thank you for how great you have been this week," He told him.

"What do you mean?" Chris asked.

"You know....you have been so supportive. It wasn't what I expected."

"What other choice do I have. Guy and Will have no idea about anything that ever happened between us. The band must come first. Isn't that what we always said? I cannot afford to act any other way," Chris explained.

The door opened and Will and Guy came in with Guy saying, "I think that tailor was trying to feel me up. He was getting a little close with that tape measure if you know what I mean."

Yeah, you wish," Will told him, "That's the only action you have had in weeks."

"What would you know about action? You have been going out with the same chick for a year," Guy countered.

"That is what is called a stable, mature realtionship," Will said, smuggly.

"Screw stable and secure," Guy told him, ""I will take passion and desire anytime over those other two." Neither Guy or Will saw the secret sad look that passed between Chris and Jonny.

Chapter 3

The bar was packed. The music was loud. The beer was flowing freely. It was Jonny's bachelor party. They would all be leaving for Wales the next morning. Guy was already drunk when he arrived at the party with each arm slung around a beautiful girl. He cornered Chris and told him, "Look, I brought one for you too."

"Thanks alot, Guy," he told him. But I am not really in the mood for that tonight?" Guy looked confused and shook his head.

"How can you or anbody not be in the mood?" he asked, "She's gorgeous, Don't you think?" Chris looked across the room to the bar where the young woman stood laughing with her friend. She was a very attractive and sexy girl. Under normal circumstances........before Jonny.........Chris would have already made a move on her. He did used to be quite the ladies man.

"She is gorgeous, yeah, but...." Guy interrupted him, "No buts, come on. Her name is Allie. Just talk to her." Guy grabbed his arm and pushed him toward the bar.

Chris and Allie grabbed a table a little away from the center of the excitement. Before he knew it, Chris was laughing and having a good time with her. They had a few drinks and were getting closer. From across the room, Guy was watching them to make sure everything was going smoothly, when Jonny came up to him and asked, "Have you see Chris? Will said he saw him with you."

"Over there," Guy pointed. He was smiling like a proud father. Jonny followed Guy's gaze across the room to the corner where Chris and Allie sat with their heads close together. He appeared to be telling her some kind of joke because she giggled. Jonny felt a little bit sick to his stomach at the sight of it. But he knew he had no right to feel that way. He knew he better get used to seeing Chris dating again. But still the nausea wouldn't go away.

"Excuse me," he said to Guy. Jonny went to the bar and told the bartender, "Scotch, make it a double?"

"With water?" the bartender asked?

"Hell no, give it to me straight." Jonny directed. He was still sitting there drinking his third double of Scotch when Guy stood on a chair and yelled, "Shut up everybody!!!"

It took a few moments for the place to quiet down and then Guy began: "We are all here tonight to mourn the demise of one more of our fellow bachelors." The crowd hooted and hollered and clapped.

"Shush!!!" Guy told them, "It is time for the toasts." He looked around for Jonny. He saw him sitting at the bar and said, "Ah, the guest of honor, Jonny. I just want to say that you have been really successful at dodging the marital shackles until now but sooner or later everyone gets caught in that trap. So try to make the best of it."

"At least you get sex every night," a voice called from the crowd of friends.

"Yeah right, I can see that you have never been married," another voice called, "You'll be lucky if it is once a month." They all clapped and whistled. Will knocked Guy off the chair and took his place.

"Pay no attention to these uncouth cretins, "Will told him. He held his glass high in the air and said, "To Jonny, our best friend, our caretaker, our rock. We are grateful that you have found that special person to share your life with. It is about time that someone started to take care of you like you have always taken care of everybody else." Jonny smiled, weakly, at Will and mumbled, "Thank you."

"To Jonny," Will said, again. The crowd of friends all stood and raised their glasses and said, "To Jonny."

From the corner of his eye Jonny saw movement. He turned to see what it was. He barely caught a glimpse of someone going out the door of the bar. It was Chris and Allie. They were holding hands and laughing as they left.

Jonny stood up to go after them. He didn't know why he did it. He had no idea what he was going to say or do. But he didn't get very far. He stumbled with every step he tried to take.

Suddenly, Will and Guy were beside him.Each one slipped an arm around him and held him up.

"Shit, Jonny you are so damn drunk," Guy said.

"I think it is time the happy bridegroom goes home," Will said.

Chapter 4

They all slept almost all the way to Wales on the train. Jonny had a vicious headache when he finally woke up. But it was nothing compared to the pain he felt in his heart when he remembered the night before.

"How's your head?" Will asked, when he saw that Jonny was awake. Jonny didn't answer. It even hurt to blink his eyes.

"Here drink this," Guy stuck a cup under his nose.

"Geez, what the hell is that?!" Jonny shoved the cup away.

"It's scotch. It's hair of the dog, as they say. It's supposed to help," Guy said, defensively.

"Thanks, but no thanks," Jonny told him and then he asked, "Where is Chris? Did he make the train?"

"I'm not sure. He's around here somewhere," Guy answered, "Perky as hell. It's quiet annoying."

"You might be perky too if you had the night he had, "Will said and they both laughed. Jonny felt the nausea coming back and this time he knew he couldn't stop it. He jumped up out of his seat and hurried to the restroom. Whether it was the result of the hangover or something else he didn't know. All Jonny knew was that he threw up several times and then he just lay on the cool floor waiting to feel better. He was still laying there when someone knocked on the door.

"Jon," It was Chris. "I don't mean to bother you, but....are you okay? Do you need anything?"

"Come in," Jonny told him. Chris came into the room and stood looking at Jonny on the floor, "You look like shit." Then he sat down on the floor beside Jonny and pulled him into his lap. Jonny just closed his eyes and a peaceful feeling swept over him. He fell asleep again to the feeling of Chris gently stroking his cheek.

All the wedding guests were staying at the several little hotels scattered around the small town that was Jonny's hometown. Jonny, Guy, Will and Chris were staying with Jonny's parents. They only had a small house so the boys all shared one room. In a way it felt like it used to feel when they first started out so long ago. The four of them and their instruments all crammed into one tiny little room in a hotel usually without heat and sometimes without hot water. Back then there were no cell phones and no laptops and no agents or managers, just four guys getting together and playing music because it was what they loved to do.

"What did we do to pass the time back then?" Guy asked.

"Well, we used to talk to each other alot more," Will answered.

"Yeah, I guess we did," Guy agreed, "I kind of miss that."

"Yeah, me too. But that is the price of progress and success. Everything changes. Life is a constant flow. It doesn't stand still," Will told him.

"And things will really change alot after Jonny gets married," Guy said, "It's like we won't be us anymore."

"We will still be us," Will said, "We will just have more parts to the us. And we will just have to work harder to keep our connections to each other and to maintain the chemistry that makes us who we are as a band."

"Will?" Guy asked.

"Huh?"

"I am scared," Guy confessed, "I am scared of losing what we all have together....as a band...and as friends."

"Me too," Will said, quietly.

"Where are Jonny and Chris?" Guy asked.

"I think they went over to some relative of Jon's to pick up something for his mother."

"I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that Jonny is getting married," Guy said, "I sorta always thought he and Chris would end up together. I thought one day they would realize that they are in love. Everyone else can see it. Why can't they?"

Will looked at him in surprise, "Really? You thought that? That's funny. Because I thought the same thing."

Jonny Gets Married

Chapter 5

It was a cool evening and Jonny decided to go for a walk. Tomorrow was his wedding day. It still didn't seem real to him. He saw all the preparations. The little church was decorated. Their tuxedoes had arrived. Yet, it seemed as if it were a dream that he was sleepwalking through. Jonny found himself at the little grove of trees that grew on top of a small knoll. Underneath the trees grew all manner of ferns, with their soft feathery green fronds. They had made the softest bed many times when he and Chris had visited here and slept out under the stars all night.

"Damn," he cursed to himself. "I have made my decision. Why can't I stop thinking about things like this?" He heard a rustling behind him and turned to see Chris walking toward him.

"I'm sorry," he told Jonny, "It's just that I thought this might be the last time I ever got to see this place. And it is such a special place to me."

"It's okay, " Jonny said, "I had the same thoughts. It is special to me too. And I am never coming here again after today." Chris nodded his understanding.

"Are you ready for tomorrow?" He asked.

Jonny looked at Chris and thought ,"Tell me not to do it. Just tell me again. Just say it and I won't do it."

But Chris didn't say anything. Jonny looked so sad standing there that it took every ounce of self-restraint he had not to go to him and hold him tightly. Finally he said, "We better get back. The rehearsal is tonight and we don't want to be late."

This was the first time that Jonny had seen Kimberley since arriving for the wedding. She and her family were staying at a rented house in a nearby village. They had talked on the phone several times, but Jonny held to the old suspicion that it was bad luck to see the bride before the wedding. Of course, seeing her the day of the rehearsal was fine.

The boys were the first to arrive at the church. It was a tiny little church that had been there for centuries. Generations of Jonny's family members had been christened, married and buried from this church. It meant alot to Jonny that he could continue the tradition.

Kimberley, her parents and her bridesmaids arrived a short time later.

"Wow," Guy jumped up from his seat in the pew, "Who are they?" He asked.

"Settle down, " Jonny told him, "Those are her sisters and her cousin. And they are all very much married." Guy shrugged, "That doesn't mean I can't be a proper gentleman and introduce myself," he said, walking away with a sly smile.

Jonny greeted his soon to be father-in-law with a handshake and his soon to be mother-in-law with a kiss on the cheek. For Kimberley he had a very chaste hug and a kiss on the forehead.

"I've missed you," she told him, reaching up to touch his face.

"Yeah, I have missed you too." He said, absent mindedly, "We better get started."

All throughout the rehearsal, Jonny kept sneaking glances at Chris. Chris was being the perfect entertainer as always. He charmed all the rehearsal participants with his usual droll sense of humor. Jonny loved to watch him in action. No one could work a room like Chris. But Jonny knew that underneath all that charm was a person who was hurting very much and all because of him. Suddenly he just wanted it all to be over so that maybe they could find a way to accept each other's new life. Chris looked up and saw Jonny looking at him. For a second it seemed like time stopped. Everything went black and everyone disappeared from the church except the two of them.

"Jonny? Jonny?" Kimberley was pulling on his sleeve, "The minister says we are finished. We can go now."

"Okay," he told her, "I'll walk you back to the hotel."

Chapter 6

The next morning was a flurry of activity as the boys all hurried to get dressed. If you think it would be impossible to get four girls dressed in a tiny bedroom with a small bath, you should try doing it with four guys.

"Will!!! Come on!! Let somebody else have a turn in the shower," Guy yelled.

"Take it easy," Will told him, "I was washing my hair." Guy looked at him and frowned, "What hair?" he asked.

"Where are my shoes?" Chris was running around mumbling to himself, "Where did I put those damn things?" Jonny was sitting on the tiny bed watching them all. He knew they were probably more nervous than they had ever been. He did not feel nervous. But he did feel like getting out of there. He walked down the hall to his parents room and knocked.

"Yes?" his mother answered.

"Can I come in?" Jonny asked.

"Of course," she said, opening the door. "How are you feeling this morning?" She was beaming with a bright smile.

"Fine," he answered, "I just had to get out of that room. The guys are going nuts."

"Well, that is to be expected. Big changes are about to happen for all of you." Jonny nodded his agreement. His mother looked at him closely for a moment and then she sat down on her bed and told Jonny, "Come sit with me for a minute. We haven't had much time to talk since you got here." But Jonny didn't sit down. He walked over and stood looking out the window.

"What's wrong?" she asked him, "For someone about to get married, you seem awfully sad," she told him.

"It's just nerves," he answered.

"Are you sure? Have you changed your mind about Kimberley?"

"No," Jonny answered, without turning around, "She is a great girl. She will be a good wife and an excellent mother."

"Is that all?" she asked, "I don't think I have ever heard you say that you love her."

"Love is over-rated," Jonny told her, "It just isn't very practical."

"I see,' she said quietly, "But what about Chris?" Jonny spun around and stared at her, "What about him?" he asked. She got up and walked to him. She told him, "Jonny, I am not blind. You two boys have been coming to visit us for years. Did you really think that I didn't know? I have seen the way the two of you look at each other." Jonny was stunned. He stood speechless. Then he felt tears coming into his eyes.

"I am so sorry," he told her, "I never wanted you to know. I never wanted you to think that your son was gay, because I'm not. Really, I'm not. It's just that.......I just fell in love with Chris. I don't know how or why, I just did." She put her arms around him and hugged him tightly.

Jonny, you are my boy.....I don't care who you fall in love with. I only care that they treat you right and love you in return. But I do care if you spend your life with the wrong person, no matter how wonderful she is." Jonny smiled at her and told her, "You are the best mother in the world and I love you very much."

"Where is Chris?" Jonny asked, walking back into the room they all shared.

"He said he was starving,"Will told him, "As usual. He went downstairs........"Will's voice trailed away as Jonny was already gone. Will and Guy looked at each other.

"What do you think that was all about?" Will asked, "Do you think the wedding is off?"

"Damn, I hope not," Guy said, turning to look at himself in the mirror, "I look so hot in this tuxedo."

Chapter 7

Chris was finishing the last of his cup of coffee when Jonny came into the kitchen. Chris was completely dressed for the wedding in his black tuxedo. Jonny thought he looked beautiful.

"Jon, you aren't dressed," he said, "You better hurry up. It is very bad form to keep your first wife waiting at the altar." Jonny didn't laugh at Chris' little joke. He just grabbed him by the hand and started to drag him away.

"Jonny, what are you doing? What's going on? Where are we going?" Jonny drug him through the living room and to the hall where the small staircase stood. He opened the door to the closet that was built into the staircase, shoved Chris into the tiny room, followed himself and shut the door.

There was very little light in the room, but it was enough for Jonny to see the brilliant blue of Chris' eyes.

"What in the hell is this?" Chris asked, "Why are you acting so strange?"

"Shut up," Jonny told him, softly, "Just shut up. It's my turn to talk for once."

"Okay," Chris said, folding his arms across his chest, "So talk."

Jonny took a deep breath, "I love you. I am in love with you. Sometimes I hate that fact, but nevertheless, it is a fact and I cannot change it. I thought getting married would stop me from loving you but it won't. The unchangeable truth is that you and I belong together. I can live without you. And I almost chose to, but not anymore. I choose to be with you. That is at least if you will have me."

Chris didn't say anything. He stood there looking at Jonny.

"Say something, damn it," Jonny told him.

"I really thought I lost you this time," Chris finally said.

"I know...."Jonny said, softly, "And I am so sorry."

"How do I know that this won't come up again?" Chris asked, "I can't go through this every few years, Jon." Jonny searched his brains for a way to convince him that things would be different this time. Then the perfect solution came to him.

"Marry me," he said.

"What?" Chris' voice sounded shrill and his large eyes grew larger.

"That's it!!!" Jonny laughed, "That's it. Marry me. We have the church. We have the people. You are already dressed for it and by the way.............you look gorgeous in that tux." Jonny told him.

"We can't...." Chris told him, "Then everyone would know...." Jonny looked at him and remembered his conversation with his mother.

"Chris, don't you think they know already?"

"Yeah, maybe they do," he said.

Thirty minutes later the guests and family were all assembled in the little church to watch Chris and Jonny take their vows.

Kimberley had not been surprised when Jonny told her. She confessed to him that she had been thinking of calling it off too. She saw the way he looked at Chris.

Jonny's father didn't look especially happy, but his mother was beaming. She told him not to worry about his father. He would come around in time.

When Chris and Jonny told Guy and Will the news, Guy said, "Oh is that all. It's not like we didn't know already."

At the reception they cut the cake and then the little band started to play. Jonny took Chris by the hand and said, "Come on wife," in a joking manner, "Let's dance."

"Why do I have to be the wife?" Chris asked, with a playful pout.

Jonny turned to Will and Guy, "Do you see this?" He asked, "The nagging has started already."

The End

Tattoo You

"Can I help you gentlemen?" asked the large, burly man with fourteen earrings in one ear, three in his nose and six in his chin.

"We want to get a tattoo," Chris said.

The man looked him up and down.

"You want a tattoo?" he asked.

"Well, yes," Chris said, "Me and my friends."

The man contemplated this for a moment.

Then he reached under the counter and brought out four large notebooks.

"Here," he said, "These are the designs we have. And I'll put your names down on the waiting list."

"There's a waiting list for a tattoo?" Chris asked, his voice noticeably higher.

"Look mister," the burly man said, "This is Shaw's Tattoo Parlor. We are world famous. All of our artists are in the Tattoo Artists Hall of Fame. You can't just walk in off the street without waiting."

"Okay," Chris said, "Thank you."

The man walked away to speak to another customer.

"I don't know about this," he told Jonny.

"Ah, is little Chris getting scared?" Guy mocked.

"Maybe he's going to wet his pants," Will said.

"Fuck off," Chris said, hatefully.

"Oooh, that's an idea," Guy said, turning to Will,"I'm going to get a tattoo on my you know....."

Will's eyes grew large.

"Won't that hurt alot?" he asked.

Guy shrugged.

"Just think how cool that will look if I get a smiley face.....or even better....a snake."

Guy started laughing uncontrollably at the thought.

Will crossed his legs.

Jonny and Chris were going through the design books.

"Get that!!!" Chris squealed to Jonny.

Jonny looked at him and frowned.

"You want me to get a three foot long Chinese dragon across my back?"

"Wouldn't that be sexy?" Chris asked.

"No," Jonny said, "That would hurt like hell."

Chris stuck out his lower lip.

"But Will said it wouldn't hurt to get a tattoo," he whined.

"I lied," Will said, from across the room.

"Maybe I'll get this," Jonny said, pointing to a simple cross.

"That's so passe'," Chris said, "Everyone gets a cross."

"Well, what are you getting?" Jonny asked.

"Something to match yours," Chris said, nudging his shoulder, and blushing.

"Oh God, they are at it again," Guy said, rolling his eyes.

"Cut it out," Will said, "You'll get us beaten up."

"It's fine," Chris said, blowing him a kiss, "We are on Westheimer Street in Houston. That's where all the action takes place."

"Okay," the burly man said, walking to the counter, "Your turn pretty boy."

Chris and Guy both started to walk to the counter.

"He meant me!" Chris said.

"Like hell," Guy said, "Everyone knows I am the pretty one."

"Then what am I?" Chris asked, sticking his nose in Guy's face.

"You are getting on my last nerve," Guy said, pushing him back.

Chris ran back to Jonny.

"Guy was mean to me," he said.

"Guy was mean to me..." Will mocked.

"Fuck off," Chris said.

"You really need a new line," Will said, "I am so bored with that one."

Chris ignored him and turned back to Jonny.

"Did you decide yet?" he asked, playing with Jonny's ear.

"How about I get this and you get that?' Jonny said.

Chris smiled broadly and jumped up and down.

"It's perfect, Jonny boy!!!"

Guy came walking back from behind the wall that separated the waiting customers from the ones who were getting tattoos.

He had a strange look on his face.

"What did you get?" Will asked.

"An airplane," he said, smiling.

"Where? Let me see?"

Guy just stood there, smiling.

"Never mind," Will said.

"But won't it look cool every time I come in for a landing?" he asked.

Will just crossed his legs, again.

"Are you sure that's what you want?" the tattoo artist asked Chris.

"Yes," Chris said.

"Okay," the artist said, taking out his various needles and other equipment.

"This may sting a little," he told Chris.

"That's okay. I can take it," Chris said.

He sat in the chair with his hands glued to the arm and his eyes screwed shut.

"It will help if you relax," the artist said.

"You might want to give him a dictionary to look up the meaning of relax," Will said, from the chair next to Chris.

"Screw you," Chris said.

"Different....words...but same general meaning," Will said, "You need to broaden your vocabulary."

"Okay," Chris said, "Eat me."

"I think that job has already been spoken for," Will said.

"You are finished," the artist told Chris.

"Already? Wow that was fast."

"Maybe for you," the artist said.

"Let me see it," Jonny told Chris.

"God, not in public," Guy said, covering his face.

"It's not like that," Chris said.

He turned around and raised his shirt.

"It's a....a..." Guy stammered.

"It's a flower," Chris said, "Now show me yours Jonny."

Jonny turned around and held up his shirt.

"It's a..a..a" Guy said.

"It's a bee," Chris said, smiling broadly, "It's a bee so Jonny can pollinate my flower."

"I think I am going to be sick," Guy said.

Just then Will came walking back to where they were all standing.

He looked a bit pale.

"Are you alright man?" Guy asked.

"Yeah," Will said, moving his legs around a bit.

"What did you get?" Chris asked.

"I did what Guy suggested," he said.

Chris' eyes grew wide.

"You mean you got it on your...." Chris asked.

"Yeah, I got the smiley face."

Guy burst out laughing.

"What's so funny?' Will asked, "You got one there too."

Guy was still laughing.

"Oh no, man..." he said, "I lied. I got this."

He raised his shirt sleeve to reveal a well-formed rainbow.

Will hit him.

The End

Lost and Found

Chapter 1

Jonny was pacing outside the security gate at the airport.

He lit another cigarette

It was his third one in fifteen minutes.

He looked at the cigarette, cursed to himself and threw it away.

He had promised Chris that he would stop smoking.

Chris would be so disappointed.

Jonny stopped pacing as the loudspeaker announced the arrival of the flight he had been waiting for.

"Oh God," he muttered to himself.

He took off his cap and tried to straighten his hair.

Then decided it would probably be better if he left it on.

Jonny looked at his shoes.

"Why did I wear these shoes?" he asked, rolling his eyes at his own actions.

"And this shirt? What was I thinking? The color is all wrong..."

"Hello, Jonny," a voice said from right in front of him.

Jonny's stomach dropped and his knees felt weak.

It was the voice that belonged to the person he loved more than any other.

The voice of a person who he had not seen in three long years.

"Hello, Chris," he said.

Jonny was afraid to look up.

Afraid to see how Chris looked.

Afraid of how he would feel when he saw those gorgeous blue eyes and that curly blonde hair.

"You look good," Chris said, coughing a little.

Jonny braced himself and looked up.

Chris was a bit skinnier than the last time he saw him.

But the eyes, those eyes, they still had such a beautiful color and such a lively twinkle.

And the mouth.....the perfectly shaped mouth with the strong, wide lips.

"Your hair......."Jonny said.

Chris smiled, slightly, touching the back of his head.

"Yeah," he said, "I've had it short for awhile now."

"I like it," Jonny said, "Makes you look younger."

Chris laughed.

"Oh God," Jonny thought, "How I have missed that laugh."

"Thanks for meeting me," Chris said, nervously.

"Oh yeah," Jonny tried to focus on the present.

"I guess you can take me to a hotel, if you don't mind," Chris said.

"A hotel? Why don't you stay with us?" Jonny offered.

Chris looked surprised.

"You mean with you and Emily?" he asked.

"Sure," Jonny said, "We have plenty of room."

"I won't be in your way?" Chris asked.

"No," Jonny said, "It will be nice to have the company."

Chapter 2

"How is he?" Emily asked after Chris had gone to his room to rest.

"I don't know," Jonny said, sitting down at the table with her.

"In some ways he seems fine. In other ways.....he just seems very fragile," Jonny said.

She put her hand over his.

"How are you?" she asked.

Jonny looked up at her.

"I'm fine," he said.

"It can't be easy seeing him like this," she said, sympathetically, "You were best friends for so long."

Jonny looked away.

"That was a million years ago," he said, "Everything is different now."

Jonny was tossing and turning.

He looked at the clock.

The little red digital numbers seemed to read the same as they did twenty minutes ago.

He checked to make sure that Emily was sleeping soundly and then he slipped out of bed.

When Jonny couldn't sleep, which was quite often,he would sit outside and count the stars.

It was something that he and Chris used to do.

It somehow made him feel closer to Chris.

When Jonny got to the porch he saw that Chris must have had the same idea.

He was sitting on the porch steps looking up at the night sky.

"Can't sleep?" Jonny said.

Chris looked around at him.

"No," he said, "I don't sleep much."

"You never did," Jonny said, with a smile.

"This is a beautiful place you have, Jonny."

"Thanks," Jonny said, "We like it."

"Are you and Emily........are you going to get married?" Chris asked.

Jonny shrugged.

"I don't know," he said, looking into the distance, "She is great but getting married......"

Chris nodded.

"I know what you mean," he said, "It didn't work out so well for me either."

Jonny swallowed hard and held back tears.

This conversation was killing him inside.

"Guy and Will should be here tomorrow," he said, changing the subject.

Chris nodded.

Then he turned and looked at Jonny.

"Why?" he asked, with his eyes full of tears, "Why?"

Jonny wasn't sure what he was talking about.

"Why what?" he asked softly.

"You were supposed to wait for me, Jonny....." Chris voice broke and he put his hands over his eyes, "Why didn't you wait?"

Chapter 3

Jonny didn't move.

He couldn't move.

Silent tears were running down his cheeks.

He didn't know what to say to Chris.

He had promised to wait.

But then it just got to be too long and the circumstances just got more impossible.

"I'm sorry," was all he could think of to say.

He hated himself as soon as he said it.

Chris looked at him with such pain in his eyes that Jonny thought he might die right there.

"I know I didn't make it easy," he said, hoarsely.

"It wasn't your fault," Jonny said, quickly.

"I don't know how to live without you," Chris told him.

"I tried everything......drugs.....alcohol........women......other men.......even a wife. But I just can't live without you," Chris said.

Each one of the things on Chris' list was like a dagger through Jonny's soul.

"When I saw you in the hospital........."Jonny started, "after........." he couldn't finish the sentence.

"After I tried to kill myself......." Chris said, finishing it for him.

"Yeah, after that," Jonny said, "You said you were going to be okay."

"And you believed that?" Chris asked, "I would have said I was a Martian to get out of that place."

"Oh God, I should have known better," Jonny said.

Neither of them said anything for a long moment.

Then Chris said, "I sort of hoped that when I came here you would be miserable. But I see that you aren't. You are doing fine."

"You can't seriously believe that," Jonny said.

"You have this nice girl and this nice farm and you look good."

Jonny looked at him.

"For God's sake, Chris, look at my eyes........and tell me what you see."

Chris looked away.

"I can't look at your eyes,Jonny, not those beautiful clear green eyes....the eyes I used to dream about. I just can't."

"Okay, then" Jonny said, "I will tell you..........there is nothing there. They are empty. They are dead. Just like I have been dead trying to live without you."

Chris stood up and walked away into the darkness.

Jonny followed him.

He wasn't sure what Chris might do.

They stood there looking at nothing for a few seconds.

"Jonny, will you put your arms around me just for a minute," Chris asked.

Jonny reached out and pulled Chris to him.

He held him close and let the long lost magical feeling surge through his body.

"Oh my God," Jonny said, as the tears flowed freely down his face and fell onto Chris' cheek.

Chapter 4

Will and Guy arrived the next morning as scheduled.

"How is he?" Will asked.

"He seems fine," Jonny said, "Just treat him like always."

Chris came bouncing down the stairs.

Will hugged him tightly.

"Great to see you," Guy said, slapping him on the shoulder.

"I heard some of your stuff with that new band," he told Guy, "It sounds great."

"Thanks," Guy said.

"Do you think maybe we could get together and have a good old-fashioned jam session while you are here?" Will asked.

Chris smiled, brightly.

"That would be fantastic," he said, "I have really missed playing."

"Well, good. Come on, let's go. We don't want to be late."

"Ah yes," Chris said, rubbing his hands together, "My first soccer match in ages. I am looking forward to this."

Jonny didn't go to the soccer match with them.

He had another appointment, with his doctor.

"How are things going?" the doctor asked.

"Not so good," Jonny told him.

"What's the problem?"

"Chris is back,"Jonny said.

"How do you feel about that?" the doctor asked.

"I'm very happy about it and yet, I'm not."

"It isn't about the guilt is it? I thought we worked through that."

"No," Jonny answered. He knew he would always feel guilty no matter how many sessions he sat through with the doctor.

"I still love him," Jonny said, "More than before."

"And what about Chris? How does he feel?"

"I think he loves me too, but......." Jonny didn't finish.

"I don't know if I should tell him. I don't know if it will harm him more."

"Why would you think it would?" the doctor asked.

"He just seems so fragile," Jonny said.

"Maybe if you told him the truth, it would make him stronger," the doctor suggested.

Jonny looked at him in surprise.

"Do you think so?" he asked.

"I am just here to help you explore your feelings," the doctor said.

"My feelings are that I love him......I don't want to live another second without him."

The doctor smiled.

"I don't think you need these sessions anymore," he told Jonny.

Chapter 5

It took several minutes of poking around in the attic before Jonny found the box he was looking for.

Inside the box were letters.

Stacks and stacks of letters.

Letters from Chris.

All stored together neatly in chronological order.

The first ones written in crayon because that was the only writing instrument Chris had been allowed to have at the hospital.

He took out the first one.

It was nothing but a mishmash of letters, shapes and colors drawn haphazardly across the page.

Jonny rememberd the day it came in the mail.

It wasn't until then that he had really realized how bad off Chris was.

It took six months of letters before Chris was finally able to write a coherent sentence.

Jonny took out that letter.

Still written in crayon, it consisted of one sentence: "I miss you, Jonny."

Just after this letter arrived was when Jonny had gone to see him at the hospital.

That was the day he had promised to wait for Chris.

Shortly after that, Chris had his setback and the doctor's told Jonny that it might be a good idea if he didn't see Chris again.

Then he met Emily and everything just spiraled out of control.

She was sweet and kind.

Jonny needed that.

Having her around dulled the pain of losing Chris.

At that point he never expected to see Chris again and Jonny knew he somehow had to live the rest of his life.

Jonny never told Emily about his relationship with Chris.

She just knew that they had once been good friends for a long time.

He couldn't explain it to her when he himself didn't understand most of what had happened.

He knew that she wanted to get married, but she never pushed the idea.

Jonny had toyed with the idea.

It all seemed like a nice fairytale in his head.

Marriage........a couple of kids..........

But he just couldn't stand before their families and God and make a promise that he knew was a lie.

He couldn't promise to love her forever when his entire being already belonged to Chris.

Now as he sat in the attic, Jonny knew it was finally time.

It was time for him to let her go.

Chapter 6

Jonny was sitting on the front porch when Will and Guy dropped Chris off after the soccer match.

"We are getting together tomorrow," Chris told Jonny as they drove away.

"That's good," Jonny said, quietly.

"What's with all the boxes?" Chris asked, looking around at the large, cardboard boxes that were stacked on the porch.

Jonny looked up at him.

"Those are Emily's things," he said, "She has moved out and I said I would send her things to her."

Chris sat down beside Jonny on the porch steps.

"Why did she leave?" he asked.

"Because I told her it was best for everyone concerned, especially her," Jonny explained.

"Jonny you shouldn't have done that," Chris said, in a whisper, "She is a wonderful person."

Jonny nodded.

"Yes," he agreed, "She is. And she deserves better than someone like me. She deserves someone who will love her."

"And what about you? What do you deserve?" Chris asked.

"I deserve to rot in hell," Jonny said.

"Don't say that......" Chris said, looking sadly at Jonny.

"I don't deserve anything," Jonny said, "But I want so much."

"What do you want?" Chris asked.

Jonny looked around.

"This," he gestured toward the farm and the house, "I want this. This farm, this house, you and me living here together."

Chris looked at him for a second and then got up and walked away.

He walked onto the porch and leaned against a railing.

"I don't know if I can do it," Chris said.

Jonny stood up and went to stand beside Chris.

"Why?" he asked.

"You know what happened the last time we tried this," Chris said.

Jonny nodded.

"I know, but everything is different now," Jonny said, "We are both different. We are both stronger."

"I want to believe you," Chris said.

Jonny slowly reached up and touched Chris' face.

"I am dead without you," he said.

For the first time since Chris had been back, they both looked into each others' eyes.

What they saw there amazed them both.

"Jonny, I just saw my entire future in your eyes," Chris told him.

Jonny smiled.

"I saw the same things in yours," he said.

Chapter 7

Two weeks passed.

Chris and Jonny spent the days working around the house and farm.

In the evenings they read to each other or listened to music.

They held hands or sat on the sofa cuddled up together.

Until late one night when Chris knocked on Jonny's door.

"Are you sleeping?" he asked.

"No," Jonny told him, "Come in."

Chris walked in.

"What's up?" Jonny asked.

"I want to sleep in here with you." Chris told him.

"Sure," Jonny said, holding up the blankets.

Chris slid under the covers and curled up next to Jonny.

"Jonny, I love you," he said.

It was the first time either one of them had said it.

Jonny looked at him.

"I can't believe you said it," Jonny told him.

"I can't either," Chris said, "It just seemed so natural. It was always true. I just couldn't say it before now."

"I love you," Jonny told him.

"Do you think I am cured now?" Chris asked, looking concerned.

Jonny smiled slightly at him.

"I think so," he said.

"Will you kiss me then?" Chris asked.

Jonny kissed him gently on the lips.

Chris looked at him.

"Don't stop," he said.

Jonny kissed him full on the mouth, getting carried away and opening his mouth.

"I'm sorry," he said.

"Don't stop," Chris told him.

"Are you sure?" Jonny asked.

Chris nodded.

"Don't stop until there is nothing left to do," Chris told him, "I want it to be like it was before."

Jonny looked at him and ran a hand through Chris' short curls.

"Have I told you that this haircut is very sexy?" Jonny asked.

"Words are cheap," Chris said, "Just show me."

The End

Jonny

Chapter 1

It was the end of another sold out show in the middle of the band's most successful tour ever.

The guys were all backstage.

Guy, Will and Chris had already taken showers and were getting dressed when Jonny came into the room.

He was drinking the last swallows from his water bottle.

When he finished it he threw it hard against the wall.

Guy and Will looked at each other.

Then Jonny kicked the large metal trash can across the floor.

Chris looked around at him.

"Everything okay?" he asked.

Jonny didn't answer.

He stormed out of the room, slamming the door loudly behind him.

"What was that all about?" Will asked.

"I don't know," Chris said, looking after Jonny's abrupt departure.

"Should I go talk to him?" Will asked.

Chris shook his head.

"I'll go," he said.

Chris caught up with Jonny.

He was standing in the middle of the darkened stage which was now completely empty except for a few stray pieces of paper.

"What are you doing out here,Jon?"

Jonny didn't answer and he didn't turn around.

Chris walked up to him and touched him on the arm.

Jonny jumped.

"Geez,I didn't mean to scare you," Chris said.

Jonny flashed his eyes at him angrily.

"What do you want?" he asked.

Chris was taken aback at his friends' behavior.

"I just wanted to see if you are okay."

"I'd be fine if you would leave me the hell alone," Jonny told him.

Chris frowned and started to walk away.

He was completely perplexed.

He had known Jonny many years and had never seen him like this.

"If you need anything.....I am here for you....we are all here for you...." Chris told him.

"I don't need you or anyone else," Jonny spit at him.

"Okay," Chris said.

The words hurt him deeply but the tone hurt him even more.

Still, he waited until he was out of sight of Jonny before he began to cry.

Chapter 2

Will and Guy were standing near the stage entrance,

They saw Chris wiping tears away from his face.

"What's wrong?" Guy asked.

"It's Jonny," Chris said, gesturing to where Jonny stood, "I've never seen him like this. He's so vicious and angry."

"Why?" Will asked.

Chris shrugged.

"There's no need for that sort of behavior," Will said, starting to walk toward Jonny.

Chris caught his arm.

"Leave him be," Chris said, "He must really be hurting over something for him to be so hateful."

"But what?" Will asked.

Guy looked at Chris.

They exchanged knowing glances.

"I think maybe I know," Guy said.

"Me too," Chris said.

"Will somebody tell me?" Will asked, throwing both hands into the air.

"It isn't anything for you to worry about," Chris told him.

"Can I come in?" Guy asked, knocking on the half-open door of Chris' hotel room.

"Sure," Chris said, "Come in and lock the door."

Guy locked the door and turned around.

"It's us, isn't it?" he asked.

Chris got up from his chair and walked to Guy.

He grabbed his face with both hands and they kissed passionately.

Chris' hands were all over Guy's body, clawing and ripping at the material of his shirt.

Guy's hands were working at the belt on Chris' jeans.

"You are so freaking gorgeous," Chris breathed into Guy's mouth.

"I want to screw you all night," Guy said, with force.

"Just like last time?" Chris asked.

"No," Guy said, "Longer and better."

Chris laughed an evil laugh.

"I got the blindfold just like you said I should," he told Guy.

"And the handcuffs?" Guy asked.

"I ordered them," Chris said, "They will be coming soon."

Guy smiled and bit Chris on the lip.

"So will you," he said, dropping down to his knees.

Chapter 3

Chris and Guy lay sprawled across the bed, naked.

Guy was smoking a cigarette and Chris was nibbling on Guy's neck.

"What are we going to do about Jonny?" Guy asked.

Chris shrugged.

"I don't know," he said, "He seemed pretty upset."

"I do have an idea," Guy said, looking over at Chris.

"What?" Chris asked.

"Maybe we should ask him to join us."

Chris laughed.

"Do you think he would?"

"Why not ask him and see what he says."

"What about Will?" Chris asked.

They both looked at each other and at the same time said, "Ehhh, probably not."

"He's too macho for something like that," Chris said.

"Yeah," Guy said, "Go call Jonny and tell him to come over."

Jonny came into the room and sat down, still looking pissed.

Guy and Chris were dressed in their jeans without shirts.

"Why did you call me here?" Jonny asked.

Guy and Chris looked at each other.

"Well, we were going to ask if maybe you wanted to join us this evening."

"For what?" Jonny asked, knitting up his eyebrows.

"Well....."Chris stammered around.

"Geez, Chris," Guy said impatiently, "Just ask him if he wants to have sex with us."

Jonny' mouth flew open and he stared at them.

"Jon, are you okay?' Chris asked.

"I have been waiting for you to ask me that," Jonny said, "What took you so long?"

Guy and Chris laughed.

Then Guy walked over to the chair were Jonny sat and started rubbing his shoulders.

Chris walked over and dropped to his knees in front of Jonny, separating his thighs so that he could fit between his legs and reach Jonny's chest.

Jonny closed his eyes and enjoyed the feel of Chris kissing down his chest.

Guy moved around to the side of Jonny's chair and began to kiss Jonny full on the lips.

Jonny thrust his tongue into Guy's mouth with vigor.

Guy responded eagerly.

Chris had Jonny's shirt off now and started to work on his jeans.

"Let's take this to the bedroom," Guy said.

Chapter 4

Jonny was breathing deeply and heavily as he watched Guy and Chris kissing passionately.

Guy broke free from Chris and slipped over to where Jonny lay on the bed.

"We can't neglect you now can we?' Guy said, sliding his hand between Jonny's thighs and making Jonny gasp.

"It was my turn," Chris said, laying back on the bed.

"Don't get greedy, luv," Guy said, grinning at him.

Chris raised himself on one elbow and looked at Jonny.

"You are right," he said.

Chris crawled over to Jonny and began kissing him intensely while Guy was running his tongue down Jonny's stomach.

"Wait....." Jonny said, breathlessly, "Wait...."

Guy stopped and looked at him.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

Jonny sat up.

"It's Will," he said.

"What about Will?" Chris said, "We talked about it but decided he was probably too macho for this."

"No," Jonny shook his head, "He isn't."

"How would you know?" Guy asked.

"Because we have been screwing each other for months," Jonny told them.

Guy and Chris burst out laughing.

"You didn't know?" Jonny asked.

They both shook their heads.

"That was why I was so upset that day after the concert," Jonny explained, "I saw him talking to a girl."

"We thought it was because you were jealous of us," Chris said.

"Jealous of you? And Guy?" Jonny laughed, "Why would I care when I had a fabulous hunk of man like Will in my bed every night?"

Chris fell back on the bed laughing.

"I guess we made a fool of ourselves inviting you here for this then, didn't we?" he said.

Jonny crawled over to Chris and looked him in the eye.

"No," he said, gently,"I've always dreamed of screwing you. When you touch me on stage......don't you think that turns me on?"

Chris looked surprised.

"I didn't really know," he said, "You never said anything."

"Hey," Guy said, "Wait a minute....Jonny.....I always dreamed of screwing you. You with your soft green eyes, always looking at Chris. I wanted you to notice me."

Jonny looked at Guy.

"You think I didn't notice you?" he asked, "My God, how could I not notice such a beautiful face?"

Jonny reached over and stroked Guy's cheek.

They stared into each others eyes and then slowly moved toward one another for a kiss.

Chris wriggled away from Jonny and got up from the bed.

"Where are you going?" Guy asked.

"To call Will," he said, "We might as well make it a foursome. Plus I want to see if his beard tickles."

Jonny laughed and said, "Trust me, it does. Especially when he................Well, you'll see."

Will

Chapter 1

"Hello?'

"Hey man,it's Chris. What are you doing?"

"Just watching some television," Will answered.

He was killing time until Jonny came by for their usual nightly romp.

"Jonny's not coming by tonight," Chris told him.

"What??? I don't know what you mean," Will said in a strained voice.

"You know...for whatever it is you two usually do," Chris said.

"Well, we play a bit of the Playstation..." Will said, defensively.

"Hmmm," Chris said, "I have never heard it called that before."

"What are you talking about?" Will asked.

"Never mind," Chris said, "Why don't you come over to my room for awhile. The others are both here."

"Okay, sure." Will said.

Chris answered the door wearing jeans but nothing else.

Will looked around.

"Where are Guy and Jonny?" he asked.

Chris grinned.

"Have a seat for a second," he told Will, indicating the sofa.

"What's going on here?" Will asked, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

"Relax," Chris said, "Geez....this isn't the Spanish Inquisition."

He sat down on the sofa and patted the cushion beside him.

"Sit," he said.

"You're right," Will said, smiling and feeling a little foolish.

He sat down and Chris moved closer to him.

Suddenly, they heard laughter coming from the bedroom.

"Who is in there?" Will asked, "Surely, you don't have a girl......"

Chris smiled slyly and wiggled an eyebrow.

"No girl," he said, "Just Guy and Jonny."

"Then who is giggling?"

Chris shrugged.

"Could be either one of them or both.......if you know what I mean."

Will looked very nervous.

Chris reached over and put his hand on Will's knee.

Then he slowly started to slide it up Will's thigh.

"What are you doing?" Will asked.

"If you don't like it you can tell me to stop," Chris said, quietly.

"No........." Will said.

"Are you sure?" Chris asked.

Will looked at him with lust on his face.

"Don't stop," he said.

When Chris' hand found its destination, Will could wait no more.

He grabbed Chris and threw him down on the sofa.

Will kissed the entire length of Chris' body until he got to the jeans.

He got the buttons undone with one hand in record time.

Chris sighed and gasped.

"Jonny was right," he said, "Your beard does tickle."

Chapter 2

About ten minutes later, Guy came out of the bedroom,naked.

He looked at the sofa where Chris and Will were.

Chris was straddling Will and they were engaged in some heavy kissing.

"Hey, Will," Guy said, "Glad to see that you made it."

"Hey," Will mumbled between kisses.

"I'm just going to the kitchen for some.....some stuff." Guy explained.

"Oh no,"Chris said, "Don't make a mess in there again.....that honey got everywhere."

"Don't worry about it," Guy told him, "We've got three other bedrooms."

"Honey?" Will asked, swallowing hard.

"Yeah," Chris explained, "Guy gets a little creative sometimes."

"Let's go to my room," Will said, "It's quieter there and I can concentrate better."

"Okay," Chris said, "Let me tell the others."

Will threw Chris on the bed and just stood looking at him.

"You little bastard," he said, "I bet this was all your idea, wasn't it?"

Chris raised himself on one elbow.

"So what if it was?" he asked.

"I have been lusting after you for years," Will said, pacing around the room.

"When I got Jonny, it was almost like getting you since you two were so close."

"I always marveled at the power you have in your arms and back," Chris told him.

"The way you play those drums with such intensity......."

Chris' eyes were dancing.

"I had no idea," Will said.

He stopped pacing and sat down beside Chris on the bed.

"Show me some of that power now," Chris whispered, running a hand through Will's beard.

"How do you want it?" Will asked.

"Any way..........every way........"Chris answered.

Will put his hand up to Chris' face.

"You are a gorgeous creature," he said," I must have dreamed about a time like this for years."

Chris leaned over and kissed him.

"Stop dreaming. The others will probably be here soon."

"Lie down," Will told him.

Chris did as Will said.

Will slid his hands between Chris' thighs and he gasped.

Then Will gracefully moved his body onto Chris'.

"This will work for starters," he told him.

Chapter 3

Will and Chris were lying exhausted across the bed when they heard the door of the hotel toom open.

Guy and Jonny came in, laughing.

Guy was wearing his sunglasses and nothing else.

Jonny was wearing his cap and nothing else.

Both were carrying cans of beer.

"Geez," Guy said, "Not the bed again."

"What's wrong with the bed?" Will asked.

"So boring," Guy said.

"You haven't been in bed with Will then. The bed is definitely not boring." Chris said.

He gave Will a little kiss on the neck and got up.

"Where are you going?" Will asked.

"I need to eat," he said.

Guy sat down on the bed and lowered his sunglasses to look at Will.

"So," he said, "Why don't you show me what you got?"

Will looked at him and smiled.

"Come over here, pretty boy," Will said, "I'll wipe that smug look off your face."

Jonny had followed Chris out of the room.

"Are those two going at it?" Chris asked him.

"Yeah," Jonny said.

"Not jealous are you," Chris asked, as he made himself a sandwich.

"Heck no," Jonny said, "Will is great and all.....but we are just having a spot of fun."

Jonny and Chris both sat down at the table.

"You were right," Chris said, laughing.

"About what?" Jonny asked.

"Will's beard does tickle, when he does that little thing......" Chris demonstrated with his hand.

"Oh yeah," Jonny laughed, but Chris saw a strange look pass over his face.

"I thought you said you weren't jealous of Guy and me being with Will? That sure looked like jealousy to me," Chris said.

Jonny looked at him.

They heard gasps and moans coming from the bedroom.

"I'm not jealous of Will," Jonny said.

"What then?"Chris asked.

"I'm jealous of Guy and Will with you."

"Why?" Chris asked, "You have slept with me too."

Jonny took a deep breath.

"I happen to be in love with you," he said.

Chapter 4

Guy came stumbling out of the bedroom.

"We gotta move to another room now guys," he said.

Chris was still staring at Jonny.

"Why do we have to move now?" Jonny asked.

"Because Guy poured beer all over the bed," Will said, coming out to join them.

"Hey," Guy said, "I didn't hear you complaining when I was licking it off your chest and other parts."

Will laughed.

"No,I wasn't was I?" he said.

Chris pushed his plate away and ran to the bathroom.

"What's wrong with him?" Guy asked.

"Too much beer," Jonny said.

"He didn't drink any," Will said.

"Ah well....It's just Chris being Chris," Guy said, "Come on Will let's go to my room."

They started to walk out the door.

"You come too, Jonny. We have this thing we want to try with all four of us."

"I'll be there in a minute," Jonny said, "I want to see if Chris is okay."

Chris was sitting in the middle of the bathroom floor.

Jonny knelt down beside him.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

Chris looked at him.

"No," he said, "How could I be? I just had sex with three of my best friends, which was great by the way, and then you say that you are in love with me."

"I'm sorry about that," Jonny said, "It isn't really true."

"Don't lie to me Jonny. I can always tell."

Jonny stood up.

"Fine," he said, "It is true. I am so in love with you that I can't breathe sometimes."

Chris stood up.

"Why didn't you tell me?" he asked.

"What was the point?" Jonny asked.

Chris sighed deeply.

"Because maybe I feel the same way about you," he said.

"Let's go to my room," Jonny said, taking his hand.

"Let's lock the door this time," Chris said.

Jonny turned around to kiss him.

"Yes," he said, "No more foursome. Just you and me."

The End

Kidnapped

Chapter 1

Guy was missing.

He had been missing for three days.

His camera and a bottle of water had been found in the local park.

Will thought he had been kidnapped.

Chris thought he was just off with some girl he met.

Jonny wasn't so sure.

"He would never leave his camera," Jonny told Chris.

"Sure, he would," Chris said, "If some cute little thing in a short skirt happened by and he went to talk to her."

"But that was three days ago," Jonny said, "Three days."

Chris shrugged.

"He jogs alot. He has remarkable stamina."

Jonny gave him a look of reproach.

"If he has been kidnapped, why haven't we heard from the people who took him?" Chris asked.

"Have we received a phone call?" Chris asked, looking at the other two.

They both shook their heads.

"Have we gotten a ransom note?" He asked.

Again, they both shook their heads.

"Okay, then," Chris said, "He probably hasn't been kidnapped."

"But what if someone took him..you know....some crazed fan..." Will said.

"I'm not worried about that," Chris told him, "Guy can take care of himself."

Guy woke up in a darkened room.

He tried to move, but he was tied to a wooden chair.

He could not see anyone else, but he felt the presence of others in the room.

"He's awake," a voice said.

"About bloody time," another voice said.

Guy's head was foggy but he was sure he recognized the voices.

The voices had a particular accent.

Not an accent like his or Chris' or Will's or Jonny's.

Something different.

Not British, but something like that.

A light went on in Guy's brain.

The voice!!!

He knew now who it belonged to.

It was the voice of Bono.......

He had been kidnapped by U2!!

Chapter 2

"So, you are awake...." Bono said, leaning down to shine a light in Guy's face.

Instinctively, Guys shut his eyes against the sudden brightness.

Bono turned Guy's head from one side to the other.

"I don't see anything so handsome about you," he said.

"What's going on here?" Guy asked, "Is this a joke or something? Did Chris put you guys up to this?"

Bono threw back his head and laughed a loud, maniacal laugh.

"Like he would have the brains for something like this," he said.

"Was it Will then? I bet it was Will," Guy said.

Bono grimaced and kicked Guy's chair.

"No," he said, "None of them!!!!! It was my idea!! All my idea. Tell him Edge."

Bono walked away.

"It was all his idea," The Edge said, shaking his head slowly.

Bono walked back to Guy and leaned down close to his face.

"And this is no joke, pretty boy," he said.

"We are dead serious. Tell him Larry."

"Dead serious," Larry Mullins, Jr. said.

"Bull shit," Guy said, trying to wriggle loose from the ropes, "Let me out of here."

"I will not warn you again, mister," Bono said, clenching his teeth, "The next time I will have Adam here rearrange the bones in your fingers. Tell him Adam."

"Rearrange the bones in your fingers," Adam Clayton, Jr. said, flexing his forearms.

"Look I know you guys are a little jealous and all.......Guy started to say.

"Jealous!!!!!!????????" Bono roared the word, "Jealous of some little piss ant imitators like you and your three friends?"

"Okay, Guy said, "Not jealous, maybe a bit envious....."

"Envious?????" Bono screamed, jumping up and down and waving his arms in the air.

"I am never envious of anyone. I am Bono, people worship me. Tell him Edge."

"He is Bono." The Edge said, crossing his arms and nodding his head.

Guy was confused.

"Then why have you kidnapped me. What do you want from me?"

"From you........be serious you are nothing but a lowly bass player."

"No offense boss," The Edge said, "But he is pretty good."

Bono glared at The Edge.

"Don't speak unless I tell you. Larry, did you hear me tell The Edge to speak?"

"No sir," Larry said.

The Edge went to cower in the corner.

"That's right," Bono said, "You get a fifteen minutes time out."

Bono turned back to Guy and rubbed his hands together.

"What do we want?" he asked, "Ha, your friends should be getting an answer to that question right about now."

Chapter 3

Chris heard it first.

But he always heard it first.

It was the little jingle-jangle bell of the icre cream truck.

"Ice cream!!!" he said, bolting out of the door of the Bakery.

"You better not take the last Fudge Bar like you did last time!!" Will said, running after him.

Jonny just shook his head and followed slowly.

He wanted a grape sno-cone and there was always plenty of crushed ice and grape flavoring.

But there was no ice cream truck.

Just a little blonde girl about ten years old ringing a bell on her bicycle.

As Chris stood looking up and down the street she approached him.

"This is for you," she said, handing him a note.

"No autographs," he said, waving her away.

"A man told me to give this to you," she said.

Chris just stared at her but Will took it.

She hopped on her bike and rode away.

"What is it?" Jonny asked.

"It's from the kidnappers," Will said, "I told you Guy had been kidnapped!"

"What does it say?" Chris asked.

"There once was a little boy named Guy....

Someone kidnapped him

No one knew why

They did it for the biggest gem

For his safe return you must comply

Consider this serious, not just a whim." Will read.

"What the hell does that mean?" Chris asked.

"It sounds like they want something from us?" Jonny said.

"Really?" Chris asked, sarcastically, "Isn't that the usual motive of kidnappers?"

Jonny looked hurt.

"What could the biggest gem be?" Will asked.

"We don't have any jewels....except the family kind, "Chris said, "And they are not getting those."

"I don't think that is what they are talking about," Will said.

"Well, What then?" Chris asked.

They heard the ice cream truck bell for real this time.

"Later," Chris said, running down the street.

"Here," Will said, handing the note to Jonny and running after Chris.

Jonny read the note to himself.

"Hmmm," he mused, "The only gems we really have are our songs. Wonder if..........?"

Chapter 4

"You need to eat," she was saying to Guy.

"No," he said, "They may have poisoned it."

"I cooked it," she said, "It's okay. Besides they aren't dangerous.........just a little desperate."

Guy looked at the food again.

He was hungry.

"Okay," he told her, "I guess I have to trust you. I am starving."

"Good," she said, getting up from her chair and walking to him.

"Untie me so I can eat," he told her.

"Oh no," she said, shaking her head.

"Well, how can I eat if I can't use my hands he asked? How about just one hand?"

She shook her head again.

"I'll feed you," she said, placing a napkin across his chest.

"How did you get mixed up in this?" he asked.

"I work for them," she said, "Answering fan mail and such."

She cut a piece of meat, placed it on the fork and held it up for Guy.

"A little closer," he told her.

She held it closer.

He reached out with his tongue and took the food.

She was just staring at him.

"You smell good," he told her.

"Thank you," she said, "It's new. I just got it."

"This food is good too," he told her. He looked her straight in the eyes and said "Thank you."

She swallowed hard.

"My," she said, "Even tied up you are a charmer."

"Possibly because it isn't my first time to be tied up," Guy said.

They both laughed.

"What is your name?" he asked.

"My name is Erin," she said.

"Ah like the goddess of Ireland," he said.

She smiled brightly at him.

"That's right," she said, with pleasure.

"Right now you are a goddess to me," he said.

"Would you like some water?" she asked.

"Yes," he said, "Very much."

She held a little cup of water up to his mouth.

He drank deeply, but some of the liquid spilled unto his chin.

She took the edge of her shirt and carefully wiped his chin dry.

Guy saw a little flash of a flat, tanned stomach.

"Thank you," he said.

Chapter 5

"Hey guys," Jonny said, "I think I know what this note is about......."

He held up the ransom note.

"I think they want our songs."

"Who wants our songs?" Will asked.

Chris slammed the lid of the piano.

"Oasis," he said, "Who else? Those little pricks have always been jealous of me......I mean...us."

"Yeah," Will said, "I bet you are right....didn't they say we looked like school teachers?"

"They are not getting our stuff. If they want our songs let them claim plaigiarism like the rest of the free world," Chris said.

"What if it isn't them?" Jonny asked.

"Who else?" Chris asked, looking at himself in the mirror.

"Maybe it's the Kings of Leon," Will said, "They were kind of hacked off that we won the Grammy this year."

"Those hillbillies from Tennessee," Chris asked, "No way.....They are all related. They probably all have the same DNA anyway if you know what I mean."

They all laughed.

"And besides, have you see the drummer's hair?" Will asked, "It is atrocious."

"They just aren't smart enough to come up with a plan like this," Chris said.

"No," Jonny agreed.

Chris was pacing around the room.

"It had to be someone with some intelligence.....that let's the Kaiser Chiefs off the hook........someone with some deviousness in their nature.......that let's Radiohead off the hook.....someone with unlimited resources........that let's everyone else off the hook," he said.

"Everyone except the one," Will said.

Jonny looked at him.

"You don't mean......?"

"Yes," Will said, "The Rolling Stones."

Chris rolled his eyes.

"No......not the Stones.........the other biggest band in the world......."Chris said.

"Ah ha," Will said, hitting the drums in a dramatic fashion.

Chris closed his eyes and frowned.

"I have asked you not to do that," he said.

"Sorry," Will said.

"Who?" Jonny asked, excitedly.

"Who?" Chris said, walking around the room and rubbing his hands together.

"I'll tell you who...........none other than U2," he said, with a flourish.

Will and Jonny both gasped.

Then they looked at each other.

"I do believe you are right," Will said.

Chapter 6

Chris dialed numbers on his cell phone.

"Bono? We know your have our bass player?" Chris told him.

"Who is this?" Bono asked.

"It's Chris," he said.

"Chris who?"

"Chris Martin," he said, loudly.

"Chris Martin.....hmmmm.. seems like I have heard that name somewhere........ah yeah...that's the name of the guy who cleans the shit off my shoes," he said.

"You prick," Chris screamed at the phone, "Everyone knows who I am!"

"That's right," Bono said, sarcastically, "You are the neurotic, schizophrenic who thinks he can write songs and such."

"Stop screwing with me," Chris told him, "We want our bandmate back."

"Bedmate?" Bono asked, "Hmmm this is interesting.........I thought you were screwing that dude who pretends to play guitar for your little band."

"Band mate!!! Band mate!!! Band mate!!!" Chris said, jumping up and down.

Bono laughed an evil laugh.

"Forget to take your Prozac this morning did you?" he asked.

"Never mind," Chris said, "He is ours and we want him back."

"No," Bono said, "Not until we get what we want."

"Which is?" Chris asked.

"I am not ready to tell you that," Bono said.

"Bull shit," Chris said.

"Ah now, let's not get testy," Bono said.

"Is he okay?" Chris asked.

"Well, right now we have him covered in honey and tied to an ant hill but he seems to be doing just fine," Bono said, sarcastically.

"I am coming for you," Chris said.

"How sweet of you..." Bono said.

"That's not what I meant," Chris screamed at him.

"I am coming for you and I am going to rip your balls off and have them for breakfast," Chris told him.

"Tsk tsk, "Bono said, "And all this time I thought you were a vegetarian."

"Fine," Chris said, Will can have them for breakfast."

"That should be a nice change of pace for him considering he is usually just kissing your ass," Bono said.

"I hate you," Chris said.

"Ah....and we used to be so close," Bono said, "Before you started stealing our spotlight."

"You and your band of fake do-gooders are so yesterday," Chris told him.

"Yes," Bono said, "I miss yesterday when musicians actually had to have talent to get a record contract."

"Fuck off," Chris said.

"Love you too babe," Bono said, making kissing noises into the phone.

Chapter 7

Guy was moving his head from side to side trying to lessen the pressure on his shoulders.

Erin looked up from the book she was reading.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"My shoulders hurt," he said.

"Can I do anything to help?" she asked.

"Not unless you plan on untying me," he said, smiling.

She walked over to him.

"I suppose I could for just a little while, I mean. The band.....they have all gone to....well...to do some stuff," she said.

"That would be great," he said.

"As long as you promise not to try and escape," she told him.

"I promise, luv," he said, sweetly.

She didn't look as if she completely believed him, but nevertheless, she did untie the ropes.

"Thank you," he said, swinging his free arms back and forth.

"My hands will hardly move," he said, trying to flex his fingers.

"Let me help you," she said.

She put her small hands over his and moved his fingers back and forth.

He sighed.

"That feels great," he told her, as he watched her graceful movements.

She smiled at him.

"You have beautiful eyes," he told her.

"Stop trying to charm me," she said, getting up and walking away.

"They warned me about you," she added.

"What did they say?" Guy asked.

"That you were no good. That you would use every trick known to man to get under my skin. That you were a womanizer and a drunk."

Guy laughed.

"All of that is true," he told her.

"Good," Erin said, "Because that is what I prepared myself for."

Guy started to stand up, but fell forward.

His legs were still asleep from being tied to the chair.

Erin rushed over to where he was lying on the floor.

"Help me," he told her.

She slid her arm under his shoulders and helped him sit back down in the chair.

"I'm ready to be tied up again," he told her, putting his arms behind his back.

She tied him up again and then walked around to face him.

She looked at him thoughtfully for a moment.

Then she threw herself into his lap and started kissing him.

Chapter 8

"Okay," Chris said, "I got it."

"What?" Will asked.

"This," Chris said, holding up a thick book.

"What is that?" Jonny asked.

"It's a manual on training for rescue operations published by the British Special Forces."

"Why do we need that?" Will asked.

"We are going to rescue Guy using this book," Chris said.

"We don't even know where he is." Jonny told Chris.

Chris rolled his eyes.

"I know that," he said, in his best diva voice, "But when we do find him, we can rescue him."

Will and Jonny looked at each other.

"And look at all this other stuff I got," Chris said, excitedly.

There was a large pile of equipment on the floor.

"What is all this stuff?" Will asked.

"This is the stuff we need to conduct a rescue," Chris explained.

"Such as," Will asked.

"Well, take this for instance," Chris said, picking up a hand grenade, "This is the coolest thing. It is perfectly safe until you do this..." he pulled the safety pin out.

"Chris," Will said, "You might want to put that pin back in. You only have like fifteen seconds before it explodes."

"Oh shit!!" Chris threw the grenade to Jonny.

Jonny threw it to Will.

"Find the pin!!" Will yelled.

All threw of them were on their knees on the floor searching for the little metal pin.

"Here," Chris said, handing it to Will.

Will slid the pin back into the slot.

"Whew," Jonny said.

"Anyway," Chris continued as if nothing had happened, "Look at this cool jacket."

He was putting on a camoflage jacket.

"Don't you think it makes me look cute?" He asked, prancing around the room.

"What about Guy?" Will asked.

Chris shrugged.

"I'm sure he would look good in it too," he said.

Jonny rolled his eyes.

Chris stopped prancing.

"I saw that," he told Jonny.

"What's this?" Will asked, holding up a large gun.

"Oooo,"Chris cooed, "That's an AK-47, with lots of ammo."

"For what?" Will asked.

"I don't know. I just thought it went with the jacket," Chris said.

Chapter 9

The next morning Guy came strolling into the Bakery, his arm around Erin.

She was twirling some lengths of rope.

"Hey guys," he said.

"Hey," Will said.

"Hey," Jonny said.

"Wait a minute, weren't you kidnapped?" Will asked.

Guy grinned.

"Oh yeah," he said, "I believe I was for a bit."

Chris came in from the other room.

"Look who is back," Jonny said.

Chris looked up, saw Guy and his face went tense.

"No! No! No!, " he said, schrunching up his face and hitting himself on the head with his fists.

"You can't be back............Now I don't get to use all this cool stuff!"

Chris threw himself face down on the sofa.

"It's okay," Jonny said, going over to him and rubbing his back, "We can still play with it out back."

"Really?" Chris asked, sitting up.

"Sure," Will told him.

"Okay," Chris said, smiling.

"This is Erin," Guy said.

"Nice to meet you," Will said.

"Hello," Jonny said.

Chris was looking at himself in the mirror.

"We are going to go now," Guy said.

"Where are you going?" Chris asked.

"To my apartment," Guy said, "You see, we sort of brought these ropes with us and we figured we might......."

Chris held up a hand.

"Spare me the details of your sordid love life," he said.

"I want to know the details," Jonny said.

"So do I," Will said.

Chris raised an eyebrow and wriggled an admonishing finger at them.

"Don't worry," Guy told them, "I've got my camera."

Chapter 10

Chris phone rang.

"Hello?" he answered.

"We want our secretary back," Bono said.

"Who is this?" Chris asked.

"It is I, Bono," he said.

"What did you say?" Chris asked, "Did you say, Bozo? Like the clown?"

"Bono.....Bono.......Bono," he said.

"You must have a wrong number," Chris told him.

"I've got your number, you little ******," Bono said.

"Tsk, tsk," Chris said, "No sex, lately, huh?"

"Fuck you," Bono said.

"No thanks," Chris said, "Maybe later. Right now, I am happy with Jonny."

"We want our girl back," Bono said.

"I am so sorry," Chris told him, "Seems she is probably a little tied up right now."

"Good one," Will said.

"Yeah," Jonny said, hoping Guy kept his promise about taking pictures.

"Listen we had her first," Bono said.

"Too damn bad," Chris said, "She likes it better with us."

"I am going to sue your ass for stealing something that belonged to us and keeping it for yourself," Bono threatened.

"Get in line," Chris said.

The End

• 4 years later...

Hi...I'm new to this whole Coldplaying thing but what an amazing website, I don't think I ever actually realised how many Coldplay fans there are out there. Anyway, my friend told me I should post my fanfic on here so this is the only place I can find that's to do with fanfiction and it hasn't been updated for 5 years! But here's my fanfic anyway in case any of you want to read it. It's called "I'll Always Look Out For You" and it features a very young Chris:laugh3: anyway, enjoy :)

http://www.wattpad.com/story/24478197-i%27ll-always-look-out-for-you-chris-martin

Hi...I'm new to this whole Coldplaying thing but what an amazing website, I don't think I ever actually realised how many Coldplay fans there are out there. Anyway, my friend told me I should post my fanfic on here so this is the only place I can find that's to do with fanfiction and it hasn't been updated for 5 years! But here's my fanfic anyway in case any of you want to read it. It's called "I'll Always Look Out For You" and it features a very young Chris:laugh3: anyway, enjoy :)

http://www.wattpad.com/story/24478197-i%27ll-always-look-out-for-you-chris-martin

HI IZZY! :D :D