✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

15-Mar-2009: Acer Arena, Sydney, Australia - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something I just read...

Coldplay set a new record at Acer Arena

Coldplay’s four-date run at Sydney’s Acer Arena has seen it set a new attendance record at the venue. It is for the highest number of concert tickets sold for an act performing over multiple nights, moving a total of 58,943 tickets. The record of 57, 788 previously belonged to Justin Timberlake from his November 2007 tour.

Others on the Acer Arena list are Eagles (51,501), Red Hot Chili Peppers (45,329), Bette Midler (44,622) and Neil Diamond (43,780).

Acer Arena General Manager, David Humphreys said “Coldplay has taken the arena to yet another level with this result. I know firsthand that we have had very happy customers over the last couple of nights. Coldplay really do deliver a fantastic concert experience”.

Michael Chugg from Chugg Entertainment added, “We are thrilled with this news but not surprised. They are one of the greatest bands in the world today. People have been e-mailing me and texting with the most glorious comments, it’s just fantastic”.

Coldplay played their last Australian show of this tour last Sunday (15th March) at Acer Arena before continuing onto to New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong and Abu Dhabi.

http://www.themusic.com.au/imm_display.php?s=christie&id=1060&d=2009-03-17

There's other Coldplay news on there too, some regarding Sound Relief :nice:

• 3 weeks later...

To ANYONE who went to the concert at Acer Arena, Sydney, 15/3/09

I am trying to make a complete video of the whole concert. I am gathering ANY video clips, and then am going to try to find a complete audio, to put to it.... (I'm actually an enthusiast filmmaker as well, with 5 years editing experience under my belt, so it shouldn't be too hard. :P)

So please, ANYONE with ANY video clips of the 15/3/2009 concert @ Acer Arena, Sydney, SHARE YOUR CLIPS!! I don't care if the link is a Youtube video, or a downloadable file, just link! The final product will be uploaded to Megaupload, or something similar.

Thanks, and have fun!

I am trying to make a complete video of the whole concert. I am gathering ANY video clips, and then am going to try to find a complete audio, to put to it.... (I'm actually an enthusiast filmmaker as well, with 5 years editing experience under my belt, so it shouldn't be too hard. :P)

So please, ANYONE with ANY video clips of the 15/3/2009 concert @ Acer Arena, Sydney, SHARE YOUR CLIPS!! I don't care if the link is a Youtube video, or a downloadable file, just link! The final product will be uploaded to Megaupload, or something similar.

Thanks, and have fun!

Scour YouTube for some and you'll get a lot methinks

Thanks, and have fun!

i got nearly the whole gig on 12/3/09 [just missed 4 songs], they were probably wearing the same gear and the setlist was nearly the same, go to youtube>>

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGPhC7CiULk&feature=PlayList&p=AC24C9D40DF52201&index=19]YouTube - coldplay-life in technicolor ii-final encore [HD]-live@ Sydney 2009[/ame]

• 7 months later...