✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

15-Mar-2009: Acer Arena, Sydney, Australia - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Yeah. And all UK ones (with the exception of War Child and the stadium gigs)

The Singapore show is too :thinking:

Guess that the European and the Australian gigs are different :inquisitive:

Yeah, but it looks like a lot of the ones this summer have some standing in the front... Just not the two I'm going to! :dozey: I still have a really good seat for the second one (tickets aren't on sale for the first one yet), but still :\

I'll be close to Jonny, though :wink3: :P

:D Jonny :heart:

How crappy is that though... not having an option to stand :sad:

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I know, and I'd give them all the money I had just to be in the front! Although with the way tickets are sold these days, I doubt I'd be able to get a standing ticket even if they sold them, what with the presales, and the businesspeople getting the good seats, etc...

What a phenomenal couple of nights. I saw Coldplay on Thursday's Sydney show, my first Coldplay concert despite being a fan since 'Yellow', and repeated the experience last night. It was definitely one of the best live shows I've seen in a long time and Sunday's events made it one of the most unforgettable nights of the year. My comrade and I ended up front row right in front of the B-stage catwalk section and had what we considered to be the best view in the house. The guys were on form the whole way through, topping the Thursday show thanks to a brief acoustic take on 'Speed Of Sound' (albeit being unexpectedly cut short after the first chorus). Highlights for me were the theatrical moments of the show - the sparklers behind the black gauze to open the show, the balls in 'Yellow', the use of the video screens throughout (most effectively in '42') and, of course, 'Lovers In Japan'. I challenge anyone to go to a Coldplay show and not be completely won over by the time they walk out. Despite his constant self-deprecation, Chris has borderline genius talent and genuine charisma, and he is backed by three of the finest musicians in the business.

I met Chris after the show and he proved himself to be every inch the consummate professional, as well as a pleasantly polite, soft-spoken and humble man. His generosity made the night even more magical than it already was.

Here are some of my photos from last night.

P1060586.jpg

P1060628.jpg

P1060632.jpg

P1060636.jpg

P1060720.jpg

P1060730.jpg

P1060760.jpg

P1060771.jpg

P1060781.jpg

P1060801.jpg

P1060830.jpg

P1060839.jpg

P1060842.jpg

P1060851.jpg

P1060916.jpg

P1070060.jpg

x

Nothing more to tell! It was very relaxed, but Chris was tired and everyone was conscious of not taking too much of his time. He offered to sign things for everyone first (I held out the 'Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends' CD sleeve which he signed 'Chris' and then, almost as an after-thought, wrote 'love' above it) and then take photos. Most people got photos with him, but he did seem more rushed towards the end. The fans were extremely considerate, thanking Chris when he signed something or took a photo with them. He kept saying 'sure' and 'cool' whenever he was thanked. He's a really nice guy.

x

hey chris sydney...

i was just wondering if u have a photo of chris on stage with a black wristband oh his left hand...

i've been dying to have a photo of that...

thank u..

and yeah, i was there too yesterday with chris..i hold 'coldplay rule australia' sign ;)

hey chris sydney...

i was just wondering if u have a photo of chris on stage with a black wristband oh his left hand...

i've been dying to have a photo of that...

thank u..

and yeah, i was there too yesterday with chris..i hold 'coldplay rule australia' sign ;)

THAT WAS YOU! Ah man, I couldn't remember you and but a dream's usernames. Embarassing.

Joined as Promised, Seeking Death and all his friends

Howdy,

I'm the guy with the shirt and d-stick, joining this forum to keep in touch with Guitar Hero, C Rules Oz and Free VIP ticket :gossip:...(you guys know who you are ;))...we were the last to leave on Sunday night.

Give us a shout!

J.

Still reeling from what was an unforgetable few days at Acer :smug:...Yummy Yummy Fruit Salad...

Howdy,

I'm the guy with the shirt and d-stick, joining this forum to keep in touch with Guitar Hero, C Rules Oz and Free VIP ticket :gossip:...(you guys know who you are ;))...we were the last to leave on Sunday night.

Give us a shout!

J.

Still reeling from what was an unforgetable few days at Acer :smug:...Yummy Yummy Fruit Salad...

hey james!!!! it's nice to see u here!

gosh man.....that was my best experience ever, and all of u were there all the way!!!! aweeesommmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

YEAH MAN! haha, unforgetable weekend mate, im so friggen tired though haha going to sleep, good to see you here man! Cheers to the TRUE fans haha!

Sam.

Fruit Salad!.... yummy yummy

god i love that song (with chris' vocal, just adorable!)

going back to normal life sucks balls.

and sam, remember our date in three years' time..

work your ass off and be loaded man!

Howdy,

Give us a shout!

J.

Hey James :D

Ms Guitar Hero here :P