✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

15-Mar-2009: Acer Arena, Sydney, Australia - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey...do u have any links to the complete recording for the 11th and 15th?

i would really love to have that...

Hey, do you remember walking in front of the steps in front of the GA line before the show on Saturday night, the 14th? because i saw you, and your sign, and i stared, and you turned around once or twice and looked back.

I had glasses, and a twisted logic coldplay tee on.

Hey, do you remember walking in front of the steps in front of the GA line before the show on Saturday night, the 14th? because i saw you, and your sign, and i stared, and you turned around once or twice and looked back.

I had glasses, and a twisted logic coldplay tee on.

oh my gosh....it was you????

LOL!!!!

i dont remember how u look like but i do remember a guy at the GA line staring at me..

i was wondering why is this person keep on staring??

hahaha!!

but i did get a lot of that throughout the concert especially on the 14th and 15th...

Coldplay Breaks Records Down Under

Coldplay's just-wrapped Australian tour has broken records at one venue and created a halo effect for half-a-dozen recordings.

With their fourth and final concert at Sydney's Acer Arena on Sunday, the group clocked-up nearly 60,000 ticket sales at the site, setting a new venue record for the most tickets shifted by an artist on a single tour.

On this occasion, the band shifted 58,943 tickets at Acer, outpacing Justin Timberlake's 57,788 ticket sales set back in November 2007. It means Coldplay reclaimed a record they had earlier owned with their 2006 "Twisted Logic" tour, in support of the album "X&Y" (Parlophone).

The popular British band's 11-date national headlining tour, which also visited arenas in Perth, Melbourne and Brisbane, was the catalyst for a sales push behind six Coldplay tracks. "Viva La Vida" is at No. 30 on the current ARIA singles chart, up from No.38 last week, while "Clocks" is now at No. 72, "Fix You" is at No. 79, "Life In Technicolour II" is at No. 81, "The Scientist" is at No. 90 and "Violet Hill" is at No. 95.

The group will no doubt have won new fans with a rousing performance to open the Sydney leg of the Sound Relief concert last Saturday, just hours before turning out for an Acer concert across town.

Coldplay's multiple Grammy-winning album "Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends" has reached quadruple platinum certification down under (280,000 units).

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/content_display/industry/e3i596171dbfcfa689a20c9aabae0de3de0

oh my gosh....it was you????

LOL!!!!

i dont remember how u look like but i do remember a guy at the GA line staring at me..

i was wondering why is this person keep on staring??

hahaha!!

but i did get a lot of that throughout the concert especially on the 14th and 15th...

Yep haha, i recognised you from your photo with Chris from one of the weekday shows. But didn't remember anyone on heres name when i spotted them, so basically just stared LOL.

because I'm embarassed :lol:

LOL! u shouldnt!

be proud! we stayed til the end! i'm so proud of the fact that we were the last to leave on sunday....awesomenesssss..

Coldplaying Hobos Unite!

:lol: