✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

15-Mar-2009: Acer Arena, Sydney, Australia - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im in sydney, the pullman has a internet cafe so thaught id jump on, thinking of walking down to acer to have a look arround, any idea on a time to start queing up qould be great, at this stage im thinking 3am??

thanks heaps guys, Sam.

Sam: I went to the 11 March concert, I rocked up at 2pm at Acer Arena & there were about 50 ppl in front of me in the line-up. However, I manged to get to 2nd row! It was such a buzz! :)

hey guys,

first time poster, but just got back from the show. i went thurs night as well, and it was pretty much the same set. only differences i noticed were they played "speed of sound" and "green eyes" during the acoustic set (then "i'm a believer" - "death will never conquer" got left off). apparently chris had promised will's brother he would let will sing a song, but will didn't seem too fussed.

and just after the scientist chris played a tribute to the wiggles (two of whom i'd seen walking to their seats at the start of the night - they got a pretty big cheer from the crowd around them) with a bit of "fruit salad, yummy yummy"!

all in all a very similar show, but still fantastic. chris battled on despite having his eyebrow taped up due to an incident with a drum stick. i guess that happened last night?

must also say how great decoder ring and mercury rev were tonight, i think mercury rev were definitely a lot tighter than at thursday's show.

hey guys,

first time poster, but just got back from the show. i went thurs night as well, and it was pretty much the same set. differences i noticed were they played "speed of sound" and "green eyes" during the acoustic set (then "i'm a believer" - "death will never conquer" got left off). apparently chris had promised will's brother he would let will sing a song, but will didn't seem to want to.

and just after the scientist chris played a tribute to the wiggles (two of whom i'd seen walking to their seats at the start of the night) with a bit of "fruit salad, yummy yummy"!

all in all a very similar show, but still fantastic. chris battled on despite having his eyebrow taped up - he must have got a nasty cut!

welcome to the board :)

and thank you for the update :D

Yay, the vids are starting to appear on youtube

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_apctUh4Z0]YouTube - Coldplay - Cemetaries Of London (live in sydney)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjFkZJPiA6Q]YouTube - Coldplay - Life In Technicolor (Sydney Concert)[/ame]

OK folks I'm finally back online.

I woke up @ 5.30am for 2 days straight to queue up for the gigs on the 14th and 15th :dozey: Surviving on 2 hours' sleep today, I reached the place @ 7am, with 2 other people in front of me.

Skip the 12 hours of waiting in queue... I managed to be front row centre :D This was probably the craziest, most energetic show I've gone to so far. Being the last show in Sydney and Australia, I would presume it would be so since it would be long time till Coldplay visit Down Under again.

Personally it was a treat hearing BOTH Speed of Sound AND Green Eyes being played on the C-stage. So far it has been either/or at the gigs. Although for the 2nd night running, Will did not sing DWNC :sad:

Setlist as follows:

1) LiT

2) VIolet Hill

3) Clocks

4) In My Place

5) Yellow

6) Glass of Water

7) Cemeteries of London

8) 42

9) Fix You

10) Strawberry Swing

11) GPASUYF (Techno)

12) Talk (Techno)

13) The Hardest Part (Chris piano solo)

14) Postcard from Far Away

15) Viva la Vida

16) Lost!

17) Speed of Sound (C-stage)

18) Green Eyes (C-stage)

19) I'm a Believer (C-stage)

20) Viva la Vida remix

==

21) Politik

22) Lovers in Japan

23) Death and All His Friends

==

24) The Scientist

25) The Wiggles song (sorry I don't know the title!!!)

26) LiT II

27) The Escapist (outro)

Maybe, he was okay singing when Chris was doing his little run around the field the day before though.

Hmmm. Weird.

Sudden onset stage fright? Maybe he's embarrassed singing in front of his brother.

Chris did say something about Ed being in the crowd and that he would kill Chris if he didn't let Will sing again today, but apparently Will decided not to sing.

That's if I understood what Chris said correctly :P

:lol:

Hilarious. The boy runs through a crowd of thousands of excited fans, mauling at him and chasing him around a cricket ground and makes it back completely scratch free. Then manages to hurt himself later on by throwing a drumstick too hard :laugh4:

:lol:

Hilarious. The boy runs through a crowd of thousands of excited fans, mauling at him and chasing him around a cricket ground and makes it back completely scratch free. Then manages to hurt himself later on by throwing a drumstick too hard :laugh4:

:rolleyes:

He's inSANE.

Awesome though :D

Yay, I'm excited! :wacky:

And I've been very jealous of all of your front-row tales... I somehow manage to go to the only concerts without any standing/general admission tickets :veryangry2: The closest I've been was at SNL, which was pretty damn close, but still not the same as front row at a concert!

Yay, I'm excited! :wacky:

And I've been very jealous of all of your front-row tales... I somehow manage to go to the only concerts without any standing/general admission tickets :veryangry2: The closest I've been was at SNL, which was pretty damn close, but still not the same as front row at a concert!

I've been to 3 front rows out of 5 concerts... Basically if I've bought a standing ticket I've been at the front, otherwise I'm seated. Are the US gigs all seated? I have the impression that they are :thinking:

Yeah, but it looks like a lot of the ones this summer have some standing in the front... Just not the two I'm going to! :dozey: I still have a really good seat for the second one (tickets aren't on sale for the first one yet), but still :\

I'll be close to Jonny, though :wink3: :P