✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

14-Sep-2009: Phoenix Park, Dublin - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

busybeeburns

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay ... currently in the process of checking flights and stuff as I am EXTREMELY tempted to add Dublin to my list of CP concerts :laugh3:

Has anyone ever been to Phoenix Park? On Ticketmaster it says 'no camera' but what's the experience from people with other concerts there? :confused:

Who's going? I mean, I can't imagine that it's honestly just 4 or 5 Coldplayers from the forum here ... :stunned:

Hello LittleMissMessy

I am going to gig myself ..first Coldplay gig ..yes

Just a little local information for you regarding Phoenix Park

It is basically a large park or green space situated in the west of Dublin city.

Best way to get to it will probably by bus. Buses will run from the city centre

(once i get more information I will post it here)

Phoenix Park would not be considered a regular music venue in Dublin.

The gig itself i understand will take place in a Marquee or Tent structure.

I actually find it difficult to imagine a crowd of 40,000 in a tent but i may be wrong.

It is going to be a very large tent then. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Not sure if the gig is going to be sold out . There is a lot of advertising being done here and the ticket prices are a little expensive. Also the gig is on a monday night which is a bit unusual.

I wouldn't take any notice of the "no cameras" . They seem to allow normal digital cameras and camera phones but not video recording or cameras with large lens.

Looking forward to the gig ..

any other questions ..let me know i will see if i can help

Ray

Create a 2minute video of why you want to come to Dublin to see Coldplay in concert and stay in Isaacs hostel.

Winner wins 2 tickets to see Coldplay in Phoenix park on 14th September plus FREE accommodation in Isaacs hostel.

All you have to do to win is

A. Create a short 2min video of why you want to see Coldplay in Dublin and stay in Isaacs Hostel

B. Up load it to Youtube

C. Send us the link with your name, address and contact details to [email protected]

And you could be off to the biggest event in Dublin this September.

Ready , Steady , ACTION.............................................

Just a little local information for you regarding Phoenix Park

It is basically a large park or green space situated in the west of Dublin city.

Best way to get to it will probably by bus. Buses will run from the city centre

(once i get more information I will post it here)

any other questions ..let me know i will see if i can help

Ray

It would be great from you to post information about buses!

I came from Belgium and never been to Dublin!

COLDPLAY TICKET FREE - GENUINE

Thanx to my (now ex) girlfriend deciding she was happy being single after I've been in the middle-east for 5 months, I've got 1 free ticket / seat next to me for Coldplay Mon 14 Sep Pheonix Park, Dublin. Any single local Dublin / south County Down ladies want to accompany me for the weekend? You provide - some good company & sincere friendship (it's always nice to meet new people). I provide? How 'bout dinner Fri' night (11). Then some fun seeing the sights & sounds of Dublin all weekend, a lovely breakfastr Sunday morning, pubbing & clubbing Sat' night even - then Coldplay on the Monday. I'm no desparate pervy' pyscho, ok! Just want to see the boys with some good company, & a fellow Coldplay lover! And have some fun doing it! Oh yeah - I'm NOT rich, I'm tanned all over now (it's been hot out here!), I'm ok looking, & I've been away. From females. For 5 months. And I'm a male....you figure it out, girls.

THIS IS A SINCERE OFFER! GENUINE! Call me / text & pic' me from 7pm Tues 08 Sep onwards (morning / noon / night), as this is when I get home to Ballykinler, County Down: 07902 683021. Or Facebook me - Pilgrim Antony Patton. Leave me a message why don't ya'. You want to see Coldplay live & for free - wine with me, dine with me, have fun & enjoy!

COLDPLAY TICKET - FREE! GENUINE & SINCERE OFFER...

Thanx to my (now ex) g/friend deciding she was happy being sinlge after me being in the middle-east for 5 months, I now have a free ticvket / seat next to me to see the boys on Mon 14 Sep at Pheonix Park, Dublin. Any single Dublin / south County Down girls want to come with me - this is a sincere & respectful offer. You provide - some good company, your friendship, & a love of Coldplay too! I provide? How bout' a romantis dinner for two Fri (11 ) night? Then all weekend in Dublin, sightseeing & having some fun? Then Coldplay on the monday. By the way - I'm NOT rich, I'm ok looking I think, I'm now tanned all over (it's hot out here), & I've been away. From females. For 5 months. And I'm a male...you figure it out, ladies! Seriously though...interested? Call / pic' & text me after 7pm from Tues 08 Sep (I get home to Ballykinler by then after 5 months away! Yaaay!) on: 07902 683021. Or Facebook me - 'Pilgrim Antony Patton', & leave a message. This is A GENUINE OFFER! You want Coldplay? Wine with me, dine with me, have fun & enjoy with me!!!

I'm no desparate pervy' pyscho, ok! Just want to see the boys with some good company, & a fellow Coldplay lover! And have some fun doing it! Oh yeah - I'm NOT rich, I'm tanned all over now (it's been hot out here!), I'm ok looking, & I've been away. From females. For 5 months. And I'm a male....you figure it out, girls.

:laugh3:

Guest LiquidSky
Thanx to my (now ex) girlfriend deciding she was happy being single after I've been in the middle-east for 5 months, I've got 1 free ticket / seat next to me for Coldplay Mon 14 Sep Pheonix Park, Dublin. Any single local Dublin / south County Down ladies want to accompany me for the weekend? You provide - some good company & sincere friendship (it's always nice to meet new people). I provide? How 'bout dinner Fri' night (11). Then some fun seeing the sights & sounds of Dublin all weekend, a lovely breakfastr Sunday morning, pubbing & clubbing Sat' night even - then Coldplay on the Monday. I'm no desparate pervy' pyscho, ok! Just want to see the boys with some good company, & a fellow Coldplay lover! And have some fun doing it! Oh yeah - I'm NOT rich, I'm tanned all over now (it's been hot out here!), I'm ok looking, & I've been away. From females. For 5 months. And I'm a male....you figure it out, girls.

THIS IS A SINCERE OFFER! GENUINE! Call me / text & pic' me from 7pm Tues 08 Sep onwards (morning / noon / night), as this is when I get home to Ballykinler, County Down: 07902 683021. Or Facebook me - Pilgrim Antony Patton. Leave me a message why don't ya'. You want to see Coldplay live & for free - wine with me, dine with me, have fun & enjoy!

awww hello there :) Sorry to hear about your ex g/f.. but yeah why don't you ask a friend to go with you. I'm sure that they would love as they haven't seen you much in a while..

welcome to the board btw :D

COLDPLAY TICKET - FREE! GENUINE & SINCERE OFFER...

Thanx to my (now ex) girlfriend deciding she was happy being single after me being away in the middle - east for 5 months, I now have a free ticket / seat next to me to see Coldplay for Mon 14 Sep at Pheonix Park, Dublin. Any single local Dublin / south County Down girls want to see the boys live, with me? You provide? Good company, your friendship, & a love of Coldplay too! I provide - how bout' a romantic dinner for two on Fri (11) night in Dublin. Then...some fun & sightseeing over the weekend. Then Coldplay on the Monday. Oh ladies - I'm NOT rich ( I wish), I'm ok looking I think, I'm tanned all over (it's hot out here), & I've been away. From female company. For five months. And I'm a male...you go figure it out, ladies! Seriously though - this is a GENUINE offer. Just wanna' see the boys with someone who loves their music as much as I do! Call / text & pic' me after 7pm from Tues 08 Sep (I get home to Ballykinler then after 5 months...yaaay!!) then anytime (morning , noon, or night) on 07902 683021. Or Face book me - 'Pilgrim Antony Patton' & leave a message. This is a genuine & sincere offer, girls. You want to see the boys? Wine with me, dine with me, have fun & enjoy with me!

Hi everybody,

I'm going to Phoenix Park and I've got some questions!

What time do you think I should be in the queue if I want to be frontrow?

Where is the C Stage located usually? Is it possible to see when you enter the stadium? to stand appropriately!

thanks a lot

Official Concert INFO !!

Concert Information

Coldplay – Phoenix Park, Dublin on Monday 14 September 2009

With Special Guests Elbow & White Lies

Gates Open At 17:00

Show Starts 18:15

No Queuing Allowed Before 16:00

Patrons Are Advised To Be In The Ground At Least 45 Minutes Before Show Time. Please Note Times Are Subject To Change

The Phoenix Park Is The Largest Urban Park In Europe With A Unique History & Ecology. Following Consultation With The Gardai And Park Management The Following Arrangements Have Been Made

PUBLIC TRANSPORT

PLEASE USE PUBLIC TRANSPORT AS THERE IS VERY LIMITED PARKING AT THE VENUE IF YOU ARE TRAVELLING FROM DUBLIN CITY CENTRE THE QUICKEST WAY TO THE PHOENIX PARK IS TO WALK. IT IS APPROX. 45 MINUTES FROM O'CONNELL BRIDGE.

IF YOU ARE DRIVING PLEASE USE CITY CENTRE CAR PARKS AND WALK TO THE VENUE AS THERE IS VERY LIMITED PARKING AT THE VENUE.

SHUTTLE BUS

A limited direct shuttle bus service to the Phoenix Park will operate from Custom House Quay in the City Centre. Service will start at 4pm. A limited return service will operate after the show.

DUBLIN BUS

These Dublin Bus routes serve the Parkgate Street entrance of the Phoenix Park approx. 15 minutes walk to the concert site:

10 Donnybrook (UCD Belfield) to Phoenix Park (Infirmary Road)

10a Stillorgan (Shopping Centre) to Phoenix Park (Infirmary Road)

25 Pearse Street to Lucan (Dodsboro)

25a Pearse Street to Lucan (Esker Church)

26 Pearse Street to Palmerstown (Cherry Orchard)

66 Pearse Street to Maynooth (Straffan Road)

66a Pearse Street to Captains Hill (River Forest)

66b Pearse Street to Leixlip (Castletown)

66d Waterloo Road to Leixlip (Easton Road)

67 Pearse Street to Celbridge

68 Aston Quay to Newcastle / Greenogue Business Park

69 Aston Quay to Rathcoole

Routes 37, 38, 39 & 70 serve the Ashtown Gate of Phoenix Park approx. 15 minutes walk to concert site.

For more information tel: 01 873 4222 - 0830hrs ¬ 1800hrs (Monday - Saturday excluding Public Holidays) or http://www.dublinbus.ie. Remember there is no Nitelink service on a Monday night.

LUAS

The closest LUAS Red Line stop to the Phoenix Park is Heuston Station. You can leave the car at the Red Cow Park & Ride site on the N7. Heuston Station is approx 20 minutes walk to the concert site.

IARNROD EIREANN

If you are travelling from the south of the country the closest train

station to the Phoenix Park is Heuston Station. If you are travelling from Connolly Station, Ashtown Station (Connolly to Maynooth line)

is closest. Both stations are approx. 25minutes walk to the concert site.

PRIVATE TRANSPORT

AS TRAFFIC & PARKING DELAYS ARE INEVITABLE PLEASE AVOID DRIVING TO THE VENUE. USE PUBLIC TRANSPORT OR CARPOOL.

If you have to drive, leave at least an extra 3 hours for your journey to and from the venue.

There is very limited parking available at the venue with at least 15

minutes walk to the concert site.

There will be a minimum 90 minute delay in exiting the park by car after the show.

Before you set out check the AA Roadwatch website or call AA Roadwatch on 1550 131 811 (Premium Rates apply) for updates on road conditions, traffic delays & roadworks on your route.

PLAN YOUR JOURNEY TO THE PHOENIX PARK USING THESE DIRECTIONS:

FROM DUBLIN CITY CENTRE: Use Parkgate Street Entrance

FROM M11, N81, N7, N4: North on M50 to Junction 6 to N3 towards City Centre and follow traffic signs to Concert Car Parks through Castleknock Gate of the Phoenix Park. Please note there are extensive roadworks on the M50 FROM M1, N2, N3: South on M50 to Junction 6 to N3 towards City Centre and follow traffic signs to Concert Car Parks through Castleknock Gate of the Phoenix Park. Please note there are extensive roadworks on the M50

* SPECIAL NEEDS PARKING ON CHESTERFIELD AVENUE IN PHOENIX PARK

* SPECIAL NEEDS INFORMATION HOTLINE TEL. 0818 715 627 OR VISIT http://WWW.MCD.IE

CREDIT CARD COLLECTIONS AND GUEST LIST AVAILABLE FROM OFFICIAL TICKET OUTLET

YOUR SAFETY

THIS IS AN OUTDOOR EVENT. CONCERT RAIN OR SHINE.

DO

* Dress appropriately and always be prepared for the Irish weatherŠ bring your Wellington boots!

* Always check the weather forecast before setting off.

* Please note that under 16s must be accompanied by parent/guardian.

* Respect the property and privacy of residents in the vicinity of Phoenix Park.

* For your own safety please co-operate with stewards and Gardaí and follow any loudspeaker announcements.

* For your own & the safety of others please move slowly & quietly when exiting the Concert site & co-operate with stewards¹ directions.

* Note that catering & bar facilities are available inside the venue.

* Photo proof of age is required for sale of alcohol.

* Note that official merchandising will be available in side the grounds only.

* Note that the concert is being recorded for visual & audio broadcast.

* Note location of Information Point, Meeting Point, First Aid Areas and Water Points.

* Wear bright clothes or luminous armbands if you are walking in the dark.

DO NOT

* Bring garden furniture, deckchairs, fold up chairs, shooting sticks.

* Do not park illegally. Towing in operation. Please follow signs to carparks.

* Do not buy tickets from unofficial sources.

* Do not bring umbrellas, flagpoles or alcohol into the grounds. These will be confiscated at the ticket barriers.

* Do not rush the exits after the concert.

* Do not bring cameras or recording equipment into the grounds.

* Do not crowd surf or mosh, as you will be removed from the venue without refund.

WE WOULD APPEAL TO ALL FANS TO RESPECT THE LOCAL COMMUNITY BY NOT LITTERING, NOT ENGAGING IN ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR AND BY NOT PARKING ILLEGALLY.

THE SECURITY MEASURES BEING TAKEN ARE FOR THE SAFETY OF ALL. THANK YOU FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE - ENJOY THE CONCERT

Ticket for sale

Hello, I appreciate it's probably too late for this but I would like to sell one ticket for the Phoenix Park gig. I live in Northern Ireland and will post them tomorrow first class. Anyone living in the UK or Ireland would receive them in time. General Admission Face value £76.50. Anyone interested?

Hello, I appreciate it's probably too late for this but I would like to sell one ticket for the Phoenix Park gig. I live in Northern Ireland and will post them tomorrow first class. Anyone living in the UK or Ireland would receive them in time. General Admission Face value £76.50. Anyone interested?

do you mean 76 euro 50 or £76.50?

the first is the face value price according to ticketmaster.

Coldplay's tour schedule dictated Monday gig

THE DECISION to hold a Coldplay concert in the middle of September and on a working night is as a result of the band’s tour schedule, promoters said yesterday.

Coldplay will be playing the Phoenix Park on Monday in what will be the last major concert of the year. The band will be supported by the 2008 Mercury Prize winners Elbow and White Lies.

MCD event organiser Louis Harte said Coldplay are currently completing their outdoor European tour and this was the only date available. “We are tying in with European tour dates. In the schedule, we either pick this date and bring as many people as we can to the concert or we reject it and disappoint people,” he said.

Coldplay sold out two concerts at the O2 in minutes in December just before Christmas. Their latest album Viva La Vida was the biggest-selling record last year.

The concert takes place in the Ashtown Castle section of the park where MCD hosted previous concerts in 2007 featuring Arcade Fire and others.

Garda spokesman Insp John Ferris said dealing with concert traffic during the traditional rush-hour will be a challenge, but the Phoenix Park had hosted bigger events. He said there were 18 bus services servicing the park, along with the Luas at Heuston Station and a shuttle bus from the Customs House Quay which is expected to carry between 4,000 and 5,000 patrons.

There will also be extensive park-and-ride facilities at the Red Cow Luas stop.

Motorists who normally use the park to get home from work are advised to take alternative routes out of the city and use the M50 to access west Dublin via the M3.

Chesterfield Avenue, the main road through the park, will be closed to traffic from 6.30pm.

“Our message is clear. We are asking patrons to use public transport,” Insp Ferris said.

The concert will have a capacity of 40,000 and is not yet sold out.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0911/1224254277127.html

Weather Report

Forecaster Michael Cleary said the weekend is "going to be warm".

"Temperatures in Kilkee may be above 20 degrees. There is no sign of any major changes for next week. It will be pretty warm," he said.

Tomorrow and Monday will also be dry with good and sunny spells expected each day -- good news for people attending Coldplay's Phoenix Park gig.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/sun-has-his-hat-on-for-fest-fans-1884867.html

Just in case anyone missed Anchorman's post:

Stage times for UK/Ireland shows

September 11, 2009 2:45 pm

Who's on when in Manchester, Dublin, Glasgow and Wembley

Good afternoon. Quite a few of you have been in touch with the Oracle to ask what time the four acts will be playing at the upcoming Wembley Stadium shows. So, we thought we'd give you the official times for those gigs, as well as the upcoming shows in Manchester, Dublin and Glasgow.

MANCHESTER

4:00pm Doors open

5:40-6:20pm White Lies

6:50-7:50pm Jay-Z

8:30-10:30pm Coldplay

DUBLIN

5:00pm Doors open

6:20-6:50pm White Lies

7:10-8:10pm Elbow

8:40-10:40pm Coldplay

GLASGOW

6:00-6:40pm White Lies

7:00-8:00pm Jay-Z

8:40-10:40pm Coldplay

LONDON (both nights)

5:20-5:50pm White Lies

6:05-6:50pm Girls Aloud

7:20-8:20pm Jay-Z

9:00-11:00pm Coldplay

Our advice? Get there early.

(These times may be subject to change, but they're certainly accurate as of now)

Anchorman

http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=498

Thanks!! Looks like I'm gonna have to go it alone now because my mate who was supposed to be going with me had an operation a few days ago and he's in no fit state to be standing at a concert for a few hours!

awww that sucks :(

no-one else you could take with you instead?

awww that sucks :(

no-one else you could take with you instead?

Nope! but I'm gonna have a great time anyway! I do know some others that are going so hopefully I will see them today! I love the Irish flag in the top left hand corner too! I don't know why it just makes me smile :D I'll try to sleep for a while and when I wake up it will only be a few hours until the concert! I wish there was more excitement surrounding this gig in this thread! :(