✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[Airing:2nd] 29-Jan-09: Chris Martin at XFM - Ian Camfield show - 3.30pm (GMT)

Thursday, Jan 29

XFM Listen Live: Chris Martin

Time: 3.30pm (GMT) Listen live

t7hfkp.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chris Martin To Play Acoustically For Xfm

added 19 January 2009 at 10.03

2429085.jpgWant to be in a crowd of 30 watching Chris Martin play an exclusive acoustic set at Xfm? Clear January 29th in your diaries folks…

Want to see the frontman of the world’s biggest band play one of the world’s smallest gigs? Chris Martin heads over to Xfm Towers on January 29 to play an exclusive acoustic set to 30 competition winners.

To be in with a shot of being one of the lucky few, keep checking back over the next couple of days. Competition details will be revealed very, very shortly.

Chris’s set will be broadcast live on Ian Camfield’s afternoon show. The Coldplay frontman will also be in conversation with Camfield. Possibly while he’s tuning up.

Found here: http://www.xfm.co.uk/news/2009/chris-martin-to-play-acoustically-for-xfm

Win Tickets To Xfm's Exclusive Chris Martin Gig!

added 20 January 2009 at 14.40

3410138.jpgYou could be one of 30 - yes, 30! - people watching a very intimate acoustic show at Xfm Towers...

Want to see the frontman of the world’s biggest band play one of the world’s smallest gigs? Chris Martin heads over to Xfm Towers in central London on Thursday January 29 to play an exclusive acoustic set to 30 competition winners. Chris’s set will be broadcast live on Ian Camfield’s Xfm afternoon show. The Coldplay frontman will also be in conversation with Camfield. Possibly while he’s tuning up. Chris, that is - not Camfield.

All you have to do to be in with a chance of winning is register your details using the form below. We'll then pick a name at random during one of the giveaways we'll be doing starting this Thursday (January 22) and give that entrant a ring.

Answer a simple question correctly and that entrant will be invited into the hallowed halls of Xfm Towers in Leicester Square, London to sit and gaze upon Chris Martin as he does his thing.

The giveaways will be in the following shows:

Thursday 22 January - The Xfm Breakfast Show 6am-9am (10am Manchester)

Friday 23 January - Drivetime 4-7pm

Monday 26 January - Evenings With Steve Harris 7-10pm

Tuesday 27 January - Richard Skinner 9am (10am Manchester)-12pm

Wednesday 28 January - Ian Camfield 12-4pm

Got it? The full rules, plus competition terms and conditions are here. What are you waiting for? Get registering!

found here:http://www.xfm.co.uk/news/competitions/win-tickets-to-xfms-exclusive-chris-martin-gig

------

Setlist

Viva La Vida (acoustic)

Life in Technicolor ii (acoustic)

Talk (acoustic)

Fix You (acoustic)

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmm.... those other 3 are really liking their time off........ :P

Even though they may have deserved it so much, I don't like it too much that Chris is doing all the promo on his own :(

They are a band and should do this altogether (unless someone is ill of course) :confused:

Ah well ... better than nothing, I guess!

I think Chris likes working though, so is happy to let them continue on their break and do it himself.

He's said a few times that he doesn't like having time off.

Okay, since this is in London/UK it's not too time consuming if he's doing stuff like that but honestly I would prefer spending some quality time with my family and see my kids grow up if I was him ... :\

But since I don't know him and don't know what it's like, I guess it's also understandable that he wants to keep in motion with everything ...

^i don't think playing one french awards show and one UK radio station in the span of a month means he's overbooking himself at the expense of his kids and family, necessarily :wink:.

ooh, so YAY! this seems awesome...too bad i'm not in england yet and too bad i'll prbably be in class when this is broadcasted, but that's what the lovely recording programs are fore--i'm sure some nice coldplayer will do it :D

Guest kmm1482

Thank God for iPhone! I downloaded an App that lets me listen to 95.8 and XFM. But the XFM one doesn't work!!! All it does is buffer!! I hope they get it sorted out by the 29th!!!!

Guest kmm1482

Does anyone think he'll go on at exactly 12? or do you think he'll be a little later in the show? Cause with the 5 hour difference, I won't be able to listen till 8am, 1pm London time.