✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[Airing:4th] 30-Jan-09: Chris Martin at Absolute Radio - WEBCAST - 1pm (GMT)

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kmm1482
Hey, thanks!

I know people get pretty het up, we had to put an awful lot of work into getting something like this to even work at all!

We're not a 'massive' station or company, so doing something like this is a big effort. And there are limitations that we just have to adhere to, cos them's the breaks, that's just how "the business" is.

It's a little discouraging to see people being a bit rude, but it's cool, I understand, everyone's just excited and stuff. :)

I'll come back and give you all a shout when the vids are on the site, we'll be sorting them out and uploading them on Monday to absoluteradio.co.uk/coldplay.

Brilliant! This just means we get a spread out Coldplay week! Now we just have to wait one more time today for Steve's show!

I love Chris' Ooo-ooo-ooooooos at the end

Hey, thanks!

I know people get pretty het up, we had to put an awful lot of work into getting something like this to even work at all!

We're not a 'massive' station or company, so doing something like this is a big effort. And there are limitations that we just have to adhere to, cos them's the breaks, that's just how "the business" is.

It's a little discouraging to see people being a bit rude, but it's cool, I understand, everyone's just excited and stuff. :)

I'll come back and give you all a shout when the vids are on the site, we'll be sorting them out and uploading them on Monday to absoluteradio.co.uk/coldplay.

I am 100% ok with it mate, I totally understand, and I am not :angry: at all. Initial thoughts were that it had something to do with the station but I know thats not the case after you cleared it up :D!!!

Thanks for all the good work on putting the webcast up :D!!

Hey, thanks!

Sorry if anyone's been rude (including me:embarassed:); like I said we all get a little bit over-excited over here....and didn't realize it'd be only 1 song. But, don't worry, we're not going to send any hate mail your way:P. And we'll all be going crazy again the second those videos become avaliable!:smiley: Thanks again for hanging around and explaining things...

edit: YES Denise, saw Jen in the center of the screencap!:dance: Thanks!!!

Hey, thanks!

I think everyone here thought we'd get the whole thing on the webcast today not just one song, so that's why people are a little disappointed.:)

But no worries. Coldplayers are used to waiting for things. We've got plenty of other distractions to keep us busy:D

Sorry if anyone's been rude (including me:embarassed:); like I said we all get a little bit over-excited over here....and didn't realize it'd be only 1 song. But, don't worry, we're not going to send any hate mail your way:P. And we'll all be going crazy again the second those videos become avaliable!:smiley: Thanks again for hanging around and explaining things...

Seriously, we've had much worse before, you guys aren't so bad! I'm a manic fan of several bands, I've cried on my favourite rock-star... I understand that caring for your band is quite an all-consuming thing!

I figure it's better for me to come and explain stuff from our perspective so you don't think think we're just keeping Chris all to ourselves, haha. We aren't corporate baddies or flicked a switch to spite the fans, we were just allowed to live webcast the one track.

Damn, wish I could go down and stalk Chris a bit...

Guest kmm1482
Seriously, we've had much worse before, you guys aren't so bad! I'm a manic fan of several bands, I've cried on my favourite rock-star... I understand that caring for your band is quite an all-consuming thing!

I figure it's better for me to come and explain stuff from our perspective so you don't think think we're just keeping Chris all to ourselves, haha. We aren't corporate baddies or flicked a switch to spite the fans, we were just allowed to live webcast the one track.

If he's not gone, ask him to play Ode to Deodorant! :D

No worries at all :) Thanks so much for coming and explaining it all, too. Perhaps a chance meeting with Chris in the corridor on the way out? :p

No live video. But if it's due to that, couldn't they keep it going on the radio only version?

Different stations get different permissions.

Sometimes it's a legal issue, sometimes it's the band's preference, sometime it's the label's. I don't really know much more than that.

:nice:

we understand there are difficulties at your end, and thanks for explaining.

Can I join in your stalking? :lol:

Different stations get different permissions.

Sometimes it's a legal issue, sometimes it's the band's preference, sometime it's the label's. I don't really know much more than that.

Well, okay, thanks for taking the time to answer us.

Absolute Radio is better than any other radio station out there because Tim and Ben have both been here reaching out to fans of only one band they play on their station, when they didn't have to.

They could punch Chris in the face and I'd still like em'.

Ok maybe not then, but until that point then yes :D :D!!