✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[Airing:4th] 30-Jan-09: Chris Martin at Absolute Radio - WEBCAST - 1pm (GMT)

don't know don't care, I don't do it to bring attention to myself

Here's some official photos from the session though :D

http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/images/gallery/eyJwIjoiQ29sZHBsYXkncyBDaHJpcyBNYXJ0aW4iLCJhIjoiNzQzLCIsInMiOiIyNzYsIiwidyI6IiUyRm11c2ljJTJGYXJ0aXN0cyUyRmNvbGRwbGF5JTJGYXJ0aWNsZSUyRjM1OTQuaHRtbCIsIm8iOjAsImMiOjg4MzR9

cmabs1.jpg

cmabs2.jpg

cmabs3.jpg

cmabs4.jpg

cmabs5.jpg

cmabs6.jpg

cmabs7.jpg

cmabs8.jpg

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what was the Coldplaying.com shout out for and who by?

I was otherwise engaged in the Absolute Reception drinking a bottle of complimentary Becks :drunk:

When Ben came on before Chris got there he was mentioning the online communities out there and just said hello to everyone listening at coldplaying.com

He also gave a shout out to the Italian forum coldplayzone:D

So, Part 2!!

Chris is hidden in a little room at the back of the studio. Christian O'Connell comes out to advise that we will shortly be linking live to the studio for part of the webcast. The radio comes over the speakers so we can hear the link. And you saw the next bit!! Chris came out, some banter, and then Viva La Vida. Whilst Ian & I drove to London last night, we lsitened to a recoding of yesterday's Edith Bowman show. That acoustic Viva La Vida was great, but actually being there in the room whilst it was played today was absolutely something else. I don't actually have the vocabulary to describe it right now. Amazing doesn't begin to describe it. Once we got rid of all you eavesdropping radio listeners :p Chris played some more. There was some banter with a guy in the audience. Chris & Phil were checking we could hear, and some bright spark responded with "pardon?". Chris made him come to the front, and chatted to him for a few secs, found out he was also called Chris, before asking what song he should play. Someone near the back shouted "Strawberry Swing" and Ian shouted "Warning Sign". Chris said he wasn't asking anyone else, just the other Chris, who then requested The Scientist. Its one of my fav songs off AROBTTH, and again was superb!! There was none of the Take That at the end though :( I would say I was gutted, but that's a bit harsh seeing as though it was the most amazing experience, so a little bit disappointed will have to do.

Chris switched to the guitar for Violet Hill, and moved over to the other side of the room. I could actually see him much better because he was stood up, and there was no longer camera wires in my eyeline!! Loved it again.

LIT2 fitted in on the piano somewhere in the above. Somewhere between Piccadilly Circus & Wembley things have merged together a bit.

After that, they finished recording the live songs. Chris returned into the little room at the back. Half the room emptied, but we hung around a little to see what was happening. We saw Ben so stopped him & said hi. Watched Hoppy & Phil walking around, and then Chris came back out. At this point they started clearing the room of everyone who didn't need to be there so they could record the interview with Chris.

All in all, its been a really cool day. I've been in the same room as Chris, Phil, Hoppy & Ben :D Hoppy has touched my arm (as he moved past through the audience to grab something, he brushed past because it was very, very full in there!) I've shaken Ben's hand. Any random shreds of info that I've stored in my head about Phil will be posted in the Phil thread later.

If I think of anything else whilst we're listening to Radio 6 on the laptop, I'll post it when we get back to Manchester.

SQUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEE!!!! So so happy you guys got to go to this!:dance: With all these things going on that there's no way I could attend, (even w/ my own private jet w/a perpetual full tank) I get so happy just knowing a coldplayer is in attendance, and bringing us back a review.:nice: We must represent at all Coldplay appearances!!! (BTW looove the details, Jen;):D)

Yeah some idiot asked for The Scientist, someone else shouted for Strawberry Swing which was ok then I chipped in with Warning Sign for you guys, but Chris just said he wasn't asking us lot just that Chris fella :rolleyes:

AWW, doesn't matter Ian, I can tell you Christa is gonna love you forever just for trying!!!:nice:

don't know don't care, I don't do it to bring attention to myself

Why?:thinking: You should be proud!!! But then again, if they knew YOU were responsible for bringing all these crazy fans together...:uhoh:

:P

okay, update: Ian reckons its not him, and that he's actually hidden behind the cameraman. I'm sure he was closer to me than that though :\

sooooooo it appears I couldn't find my own husband in a line-up :laugh3: :embarassed:

will have to wait til Mon and see if we get any pics from the cameraman on the other side

okay, update: Ian reckons its not him, and that he's actually hidden behind the cameraman. I'm sure he was closer to me than that though :\

sooooooo it appears I couldn't find my own husband in a line-up :laugh3: :embarassed:

will have to wait til Mon and see if we get any pics from the cameraman on the other side

that's not me! I have hair! (well for a few more years anyway)

I was stood right next to the big fella cameraman there, I could see what he could see in the camera screen :laugh3:

that's me!

busybeeburns.jpg

:lol:

Eno means no, Chris

COLDPLAY frontman CHRIS MARTIN might have lost the day job — thanks to rock legend BRIAN ENO.

Chris told fans at a lunchtime gig yesterday: “The rest of the band are in the studio. Brian Eno has been producing our music — which is why we’ve got better.

“He wrote to us and said he thought the last album was OK but it could have been better. He said he still wanted to work with us but I was banned from the studio! He said it would be better without me for the first two weeks — ‘You can do better without the singer!’”

I don’t think Chris needs to go busking just yet. But he worked up a right sweat singing hits including The Scientist and Violet Hill in the Absolute Radio Zoo.

DJ CHRISTIAN O’CONNELL joked: “We’ve got a lunchbox for you. Do you want a Capri Sun?”

Chris replied: “I’m more an Um Bongo man.”

Um Bongo? I’ll get em in, Big Man.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article2192065.ece