✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[Airing:4th] 30-Jan-09: Chris Martin at Absolute Radio - WEBCAST - 1pm (GMT)

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eno means no, Chris

“The rest of the band are in the studio. Brian Eno has been producing our music — which is why we’ve got better.

“He wrote to us and said he thought the last album was OK but it could have been better. He said he still wanted to work with us but I was banned from the studio! He said it would be better without me for the first two weeks — ‘You can do better without the singer!’”

So, they're sticking with Eno for their upcoming material, then. Only one thing to say to that: Fine by me!:D Viva La Vida is, by far, my favourite Coldplay album, yet. They can only get better from now on.

This is well worth a listen Absolute's coldplay quiz gone majorly wrong

http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/playe...bly_wrong.html

BRILLIANT!!!:lol:

Ugh some sites really like to stretch the truth..here's the headline when I logged into hotmail:

"Coldplay ditching Chris Martin?"

Come on, it's like they're suggesting they kicked Chris out. Just a bit of a stretch no? lol:P

And it's over.

It was VLV, we already heard that on Friday.

The interview (quite brief) was in two parts, before and after VLV.

I didn't hear much of part one, I was so distracted. Part two was a funny little quiz.

They said they're gonna play one of the live songs from Friday each day this week on the Breakfast show. Didn't say at what time, maybe around the same as today? Violet Hill was coming "later this week".

They also said the Zoo sessions are up to watch on the website, but I can't see them yet.

Hey guys, Tim from Absolute Radio here!

The snow has stopped most of us in the digital media team from Absolute Radio getting into work!

We were going to encode the session and interview video and get it up on the site this morning, but obviously the white stuff has got in the way! We're trying to co-ordinate with the people who made it in to work to get it sorted, so it's taking a little longer than we thought.

Sit tight, we're going to try and get it up by the end of the day.

Through a very complicated web of getting people at work to do things for those of us who didn't make it in, and us forcing our computers to allow us to work from home, we bring you the session video of Viva La Vida and an interview with Chris. (Trust me, this has been a weird morning!)

http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/music/artists/coldplay/article/3594.html

He's so funny, I never realised he had such a wicked sense of humour!

We are going to have more session track videos throughout the week. :)

Aaaaahh! I was actually thinking of "in my place" for the "where would you keep...?" question. And, come on, "the scientist" one was so easy!:lol: He does have a wicked sense of humour. His interviews are always beyond hilarious. Thanks for adding this and for keeping us up to date on everything! This was a really nice interview. :)

thanks Tim for your and everyone else's hard work! :D

ditto. from what I've heard, it was no mean feat for the guys who made it into work. i heard most tubes & all the buses in london had been suspended.

so surreal, considering it was just about warm enought to sit outside on friday