✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Obama Kills 16 Afghan Civilians

Saffire

How can you blame Obama?

Do you think he could have gotten onto his red-phone and phoned up operations HQ out in Afghan and said "you know the operation your doing this coming sunday to kill some terrorists, can you put that back"?

The same way most of the people would have blamed Bush if he was in office...

Are we not holding Obama to the same standards as Bush?

The same way most of the people would have blamed Bush if he was in office...

Are we not holding Obama to the same standards as Bush?

Bush started the war, and we didn't blame him for things 2 days after he started anyway.

Trust me, Obama is going to get plenty of blame for plenty of things once HIS actions start to have consequences. No one should blame him for things Bush set up.

Bush started the war, and we didn't blame him for things 2 days after he started anyway.

Trust me, Obama is going to get plenty of blame for plenty of things once HIS actions start to have consequences. No one should blame him for things Bush set up.

I agree, but many people who will defend Obama for this blamed Bush in his first few days.

I'm just pointing out the stupid double standard many have.

Every operation by the US military has to be approved by the sitting president. Obama probably got some intelligence that led him to order the strikes. Anyway, this shouldn't be surprising given the fact he talked about sending more troops to Afghanistan during the campaign.

Here's an interesting website that's keeping track of the 500+ campaign promises Obama made, and whether he keeps them or not: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/

Every operation by the US military has to be approved by the sitting president. Obama probably got some intelligence that led him to order the strikes. Anyway, this shouldn't be surprising given the fact he talked about sending more troops to Afghanistan during the campaign.

Here's an interesting website that's keeping track of the 500+ campaign promises Obama made, and whether he keeps them or not: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/

None of his supporters will track this. Most people don't want to learn or want to see any truth they do not like.

I'm going to have fun showing people all his failed promises and lies but of course his supporters won't listen. I have yet to meet a supporter who has told me what he's done in the past or what he plans on doing. All they do is say "change" and "hope".

jay, there is a time until new president can make his own decitions, he can't stop previous president decitions and processes that quick.

You're assuming he wants to stop previous president decision. So far he's only indicated he wants to stop the minor things Bush did, not the core policies.

The majority will be easily fooled by minor insignificant changes on the surface, he has not mentioned any real changes nor will he. He understands the average persons pyschi and knows making small changes here and there that affect nothing will keep the majority happy.

Nobody blamed Bush for a war Clinton started.

No but they blamed him for the recession Clinton helped start....

I'm not defending Bush, he made the recession 10x worse and did a lot of damage. But it's stupid to have double standards for our leaders. Hold them all accountable the the same way if you like them or not.

The President is the commander-in-chief of the army. In making any military actions, he assumes command responsibility. He's got nothing to blame but himself if something goes amiss, not his advisers, for in the end, he's the one who makes decisions.

That was the argument made against Bush when things happened in the war.....and I agree.

NOw the tables are turned and it doesn't apply anymore? People are ridiculous.

That was the argument made against Bush when things happened in the war.....and I agree.

NOw the tables are turned and it doesn't apply anymore? People are ridiculous.

It's just stupid for you to assume people aren't going to hold Obama accountable for things. Of course they will, but every president has a "honeymoon" (a period of time when they are trusted and held blameless). And for the most popular president of all time, of course he isn't going to start being questioned this early. But if you think people will give him a pass forever and never hold him to Bush's standards than you are just ignorant.

It's just stupid for you to assume people aren't going to hold Obama accountable for things. Of course they will, but every president has a "honeymoon" (a period of time when they are trusted and held blameless). And for the most popular president of all time, of course he isn't going to start being questioned this early. But if you think people will give him a pass forever and never hold him to Bush's standards than you are just ignorant.

They never have, why start now? No one hold's the majority of our politicians accountable, that is why they are career politicians stuffing their pockets while the people are suffering.

One could argue part of the reason were in the mess is we've stopped holding them accountable.

Obama has done nothing to earn all this worshiping, fanatics never look at facts nor hold their "god" accountable. Blind faith with no reason.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20090126/D95UPOM80.html

This is interesting.

It seems Bush helped out Obama in his last days in office by implementing a new rule that says you can't arrest illegal fugitives without high-level approval. This will keep the pressure off Obama's aunt, who is clearly an illegal immigrant. The sight of her being deported in handcuffs would certainly be bad PR for Mr. Hope.

This is a sad story, but its nothing new. This type of thing is happening all the time, and yet people seem so determined to put this guy down before he's even started. The fact that people are already pinning the blame on someone who has barely had 5 working days in office is ridiculous. Since when does it take a week to fix decades worth of mess left behind by other people? Everyone knows this sort of thing takes time to figure out, and it always has done. The thing is, people already know this, and when you don't even have any high expectations for his ability to turn things around, it just seems like bashing for the sake of bashing, which seems pointless to me. Not having an open mind about this sort of thing is what gets me... how can people make judgements this early on in his 4 year term?

And this is only my opinion, I'm not trying to attack anyone or anything :wink: I'm just curious as to why people are so pessimistic about this guy.