✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

3-Jul-2009: Rock Werchter Festival, Belgium - Tickets, Meetups, Reviews/Previews

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you think that we haven't set our priorities accurate enough?

I mean, wouldn't it be more fun to get a tweet from Guy instead ;)

:laugh3:

Actually no.. 'cause Guy's tweet would probably consist on a pic of some random road, or a view from their jet.... :dozey:

While the girls' tweet would provide us with some juicy details :sneaky: :P

Yeah! I remember cos I immediately downloaded the song afterwards! Was on Sara Cox's BBC Radio 1 show as I recall :smart:

Sorry Pris :kiss:

KARMA!

:kiss:

I was actually thinking of that part in the end of All You Need is Love...

all you need is love (all together now)

all you need is love (everybody!)....

That's what I heard in my head as I was typing it before :lol:

Oh, we've all gone mad :lol:

Don't you think that we haven't set our priorities accurate enough?

I mean, wouldn't it be more fun to get a tweet from Guy instead ;)

:laugh3:

Actually no.. 'cause Guy's tweet would probably consist on a pic of some random road, or a view from their jet.... :dozey:

While the girls' tweet would provide us with some juicy details :sneaky: :P

Very good point ;) :D

I forgot about that, it must be the heat ;)

I somehow think that we might get tweets from him from Roskilde ... :)

setlist same as last night?

No idea :confused:

Very good point ;) :D

I forgot about that, it must be the heat ;)

I somehow think that we might get tweets from him from Roskilde ... :)

Hehehhe, well, I'll still love it if he does tweet :D

bottom left says arras 2.7 :confused:

EDIT: CookymonsterofRock'09 beat me to it :P :o

I'll go with the same list for the main site :D

:smug::laugh3:

but why are you surprised I beat ya?!?!:inquisitive::P

Hahahahaha, The Cooky 1 - Mr Coldplaying 0 :P

:dance:LOL:D

Back home. It was a special concert. As I believe in the equal distribution of money, I decided not to pay for this gig but listen to it in the middle of nature, close to the river Dyle, 300 metres from the stage. I've paid for more than one concert, bought cds and tour books, but since I live close to Werchter and since I've already experienced this concert last october (Sportpaleis - Antwerp), I decided to get this one for free. It's quite strange to hear Coldplay amidst nature, the good thing is the sound is so bloody loud on the festival grounds that, being a little farther away, I got fabulous quality sound without damaging my ears. And I could look at the stars during the performance of Yellow, that's a first.

So, details for those that couldn't make it. Setlist, same as Arras, but no I'm a believer. Chris covered Michael Jackson's Billie Jean, I think it followed Green Eyes or The hardest part, which he, by the way, dedicated to Lady Gaga, who was also playing the festival. Billie Jean wasn't the only reference to Michael Jackson though, Martin slightly altered the last words of Violet Hill and dedicated the song to the singer. Postcards from far away, I'm not too sure I heard that either, but there was a nice bit of piano with which Martin tied up Politik with Lovers in Japan. Someone else will know for sure. Viva La Vida was, as always, the highpoint of the set, with the crowds going "oh oh oh" for minutes after they ended the song, even when Lost had finished, they briefly started it again. It's quite impressive, hearing this from a distance. Martin did talk quite a lot during the concert, he even apologised for not speaking any French or Flemish. So he seems to know Belgium is a bilingual country, which not many singers do.

Overall appreciations: nice concert, no vocal or instrumental flaws, nothing outstanding though, no real surprises. Ok, there were the techno versions of Talk and God put a smile, but I heard those already and they're not that inventive to be honest. I didn't like the new speed of Yellow, by the way. Much too fast. Ah well, I suppose it's difficult to alter setlists because such a large production is a well-oiled machine. Anyway, it was a nice evening, a unique way to listen to Coldplay and it didn't cost me anything. Now I'm off to bed.

Back home. It was a special concert. As I believe in the equal distribution of money, I decided not to pay for this gig but listen to it in the middle of nature, close to the river Dyle, 300 metres from the stage. I've paid for more than one concert, bought cds and tour books, but since I live close to Werchter and since I've already experienced this concert last october (Sportpaleis - Antwerp), I decided to get this one for free. It's quite strange to hear Coldplay amidst nature, the good thing is the sound is so bloody loud on the festival grounds that, being a little farther away, I got fabulous quality sound without damaging my ears. And I could look at the stars during the performance of Yellow, that's a first.

So, details for those that couldn't make it. Setlist, same as Arras, but no I'm a believer. Chris covered Michael Jackson's Billie Jean, I think it followed Green Eyes or The hardest part, which he, by the way, dedicated to Lady Gaga, who was also playing the festival. Billie Jean wasn't the only reference to Michael Jackson though, Martin slightly altered the last words of Violet Hill and dedicated the song to the singer. Postcards from far away, I'm not too sure I heard that either, but there was a nice bit of piano with which Martin tied up Politik with Lovers in Japan. Someone else will know for sure. Viva La Vida was, as always, the highpoint of the set, with the crowds going "oh oh oh" for minutes after they ended the song, even when Lost had finished, they briefly started it again. It's quite impressive, hearing this from a distance. Martin did talk quite a lot during the concert, he even apologised for not speaking any French or Flemish. So he seems to know Belgium is a bilingual country, which not many singers do.

Overall appreciations: nice concert, no vocal or instrumental flaws, nothing outstanding though, no real surprises. Ok, there were the techno versions of Talk and God put a smile, but I heard those already and they're not that inventive to be honest. I didn't like the new speed of Yellow, by the way. Much too fast. Ah well, I suppose it's difficult to alter setlists because such a large production is a well-oiled machine. Anyway, it was a nice evening, a unique way to listen to Coldplay and it didn't cost me anything. Now I'm off to bed.

Oh thanks so much :D

Dedication to Lady Gaga though.... :sick: