✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

3-Jul-2009: Rock Werchter Festival, Belgium - Tickets, Meetups, Reviews/Previews

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Niki welcome here! For the coldplayers who know about Sylvie (Poopoopidoo) not coming with me , I actually took Niki with me, she was not a real Coldplay fan, but now I think she is!!! :laugh3:

I think it was a really good idea to take her with me since her vids are absolutely amazing!!!! But I'm quite afraid that the girl you hear screaming on her vids is just me..... :rolleyes: I sincerely apologize for that.... lol

A lot of reports have been posted already, so I won't say much... I'm still on a cloud, this was a perfect night, even if today I'm physically ruined .... I'm getting too old for that...:D

We were in the golden circle against the fence of the central corridor, and we were so lucky to see Chris coming just in front of us 4 times ( as you can see on the Fix You video...)... We arrived at ten o'clock in the morning, it was so hot and it was very long in spite of the bands entertaining before.... But I must admit that I fell asleep against the fence while Elbow's performance wich is one of the most boring band I've ever seen on stage.... But when The Killers started I forgot everything..... they did an amazing show, we got Ronnie's drumstick, it was perfect!

Then Coldplay, WOW.... What a show, Chris is amazing, I don't know how he finds all this energy.... I'm also scared that he breaks his back or his legs one day, he's such an acrobat!!! Everything was perfect, the lights, the butterflies, the balloons, them going from one stage to another, Chris singing passages from All these things that I've done by The Killers, talking about Lady Gaga also :D....., singing Billie Jean, he's still so funny and his voice was perfect in spite of the fact that he keeps running everywhere, what a showman!!!!!

It was a dream come true.... I can't wait for the Parc des Princes show now and I'm seriously thinking of buying a very expensive ticket on e-bay for Wembley, but my husband doesn't feel like it....:\

My pics and vids are craps, I don't think I'll post here except if you insist but you've got Niki's brilliant vids.... Thanks again for that Niki even if I really don't understand how you can stay so calm ;)

Hey Niki welcome here! For the coldplayers who know about Sylvie (Poopoopidoo) not coming with me , I actually took Niki with me, she was not a real Coldplay fan, but now I think she is!!! :laugh3:

I think it was a really good idea to take her with me since her vids are absolutely amazing!!!! But I'm quite afraid that the girl you hear screaming on her vids is just me..... :rolleyes: I sincerely apologize for that.... lol

[...]

Bonsoir!!!!! :dance:

So glad you could convert Niki and both of you had a good time!

I know, when the band you were waiting for is on stage everything else is forgotten...

Congrats for getting the drum stick!!!!

Yes, come to Wembley!!!! :dance:

And DON'T apologise for your screaming - it's just normal :lol:

Hello everybody!!

First, a big thank you for Cooky, LittleMissMessy and Pris for retweeting my tweets and second; sorry for not tweeting during the gig but it was soooo intense.

I'm going to write my review a.s.a.p. but I'm still on cloud nine. Just got home an hour ago and loved to spend so much time with C&C!

I'll be back with a full review later, but pics and vids will have to wait till C&C get back home. I didn't take any because I've got a really crappy cam. I do have a garbage bag full of butterflies so I can make my own version of Lovers In Japan!

Later lovelies! :kiss:

Bonsoir!!!!! :dance:

So glad you could convert Niki and both of you had a good time!

I know, when the band you were waiting for is on stage everything else is forgotten...

Congrats for getting the drum stick!!!!

Yes, come to Wembley!!!! :dance:

And DON'T apologise for your screaming - it's just normal :lol:

In fact on the Fix You video, when you hear me , I was commenting the show to Sylvie (who had to cancel at the last minute) on the phone, that's why you hear me screaming "ha il passe devant moi, il passe devant moi!!!!" (transl: "He's just in front of me!!!!") :laugh3: I was so sad for her having to stay at home and I wanted to share a maximum of the show with her.... but at that moment I was losing control!!! :laugh3:

Totally comprehensible, Ludivine!!

I had to kiss Chavi during the concert and then both C&C after the concert :lol:

Had to let out my happiness!

Big :hug: to Sylvie, so nice of you to call her during the gig.

Can't wait reading your review, Hester! :dance:

I do have a garbage bag full of butterflies so I can make my own version of Lovers In Japan!

Oh yessssss, so do I! Thanks to the lovely security guy who had taken care of me the whole afternoon giving me food and Coke etc....., at the end of the show he filled my bag with butterflies fallen in the central corridor, that is to say that none had walked on them.....

Someone has uploaded some of the songs shown on Belgium TV :D :dance:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwgxfO-32ok]YouTube - The Scientist- Coldplay live @ Werchter[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYNtK9V0XiI]YouTube - Coldplay - Clocks live @ Werchter 2009[/ame]

Here's the first clip that was shown on Belgian TV. Obviously, far better quality than the cameraphone clips.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwgxfO-32ok]YouTube - The Scientist- Coldplay live @ Werchter[/ame]

I'm currently trying to get viva up as well, but it might take a while.

Yes look at Niki's video the page before, it is in her video compilation entitled Best Moments ;)

yeah i did a little while ago and there was only like two seconds of it... :\

was that all? i would have thought that chris originally had to start singing it because why would the audience be singing it if he hadn't initiated it?

Here's Viva La Vida, as promised. Anyone know what software I could use to cut off the guy the at the beginning and end?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Iar_tm4Lg0]YouTube - viva la vida- Coldplay live@ Werchter (Belgian TV)[/ame]

These were the only two songs they showed on TV. It was a 3,5hour recap of a 4 day festival and Coldplay's the only band they showed two songs of.

In an interview at the end, the festival boss remarked that for him, Coldplay was the highlight of the festival.

yeah i did a little while ago and there was only like two seconds of it... :\

was that all? i would have thought that chris originally had to start singing it because why would the audience be singing it if he hadn't initiated it?

It was very short, though slightly longer than shown in the youtube video.

Alright,

I have seen them before but this one went beyond anything I've ever seen.

BEST OF THE BEST OF THE BEST OF THE BEST!

They got nothing but good reviews in the papers etc.

even the Prince of belgium was there and is a fan. :laugh3:

and they had the most audience of all the concerts and everyone was singing with them.

Now to the most important part:

I WAS ON THE 1ST ROW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GUY'S SIDE OF THE STAGE

& I GOT TO TOUCH WILL'S HAND ! That was such a highlight.

He also threw away his drumsticks but apparently he doesn't have a good aim. ;)

The concert had pretty much the same setting of all the others but this time they also had yellow balloons for 'Yellow' I got to carry one to the camping but well, it didn't survive the festival.

and Chris was dressed up in this carnival/Chinese mask and walking around. LOL.

They also changed some of the lyrics that fitted Belgium.

Saying we make a lot of noise etc.

and he made this little belgian tribude and he kinda lost it and was all "AAAH. Fuck it."

& he combined The Killers lyrics "I got soul but I'm not a soldier" with

'Yellow' in the end.

I think everyone kinda went silent or crazy when Chris performed

a cover of Billy Jean on Piano and said somethings about Michael Jackson.

He also sang a song for Johnny. kinda. and he kept cracking up. "2nd best member of Coldplay." but he said the same about Will too.

and Will's song was fantastic.(they were standing in the crowd too like always)

E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G was fantastic.

and through the entire festival the VLV 'ooooh ooooooooooh' was the theme song.

Like on the streets or on the festival everyone was yelling/signing that.

Almost after every performance. everyone kept clapping and began to sing coldplay. LOL;

and we were waiting for Katy Perry and VLV came on the festival radio and the whole crowd went nuts and started sining. That part was better than the concert itself. lol.

I had 5 male friends who told me: "damn. I cried."

We took some pictures and I might put them up later if my friend gives me them tonight.

& little Apple & Moses were also there. Which was sweet.

I remember reading some of the reviews,

"They definitely earn to be called the new U2."

"The only bad thing about Coldplay could be the name of the band. Since they & their music are HOT."

"The just might be too good of a band to play on a festival."

"The Killers & Bloc Party were great but Coldplay is the performance that will be remembered."