✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

3-Jul-2009: Rock Werchter Festival, Belgium - Tickets, Meetups, Reviews/Previews

Thanks for your review, I felt exactly the same during The Scientist, first time I find myself crying at a gig, this night was so emotionally intense!

I thought nothing could be more intense (on an emotional level) than the War Child Gig, but this one was beyond everything....

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I'm going to give my review a try. Don't shoot me if there's a gap somewhere, I'm sure C&C will fill it in for me! ;)

So I got to the festival around noon and C&C had taken the perfect spots! I was so happy to see Carla again and finally meet Chavi!! The girls really are lovely and I miss them like crazy! :(

Since it was a festival, we had to wait and see other bands first. Just Jack, which was good. Elbow was superb! The Killers were great too but after them, Coldplay was on!!

We saw the dancing roadie which was great! The crowd loved him! After that, the Blue Danube and the whole crowd clapped along!

Then.. Life In Technicolor, and the boys came on with their sparklers and I went crazy!!! Violet Hill ended with a tribute to MJ which was really lovely!

During In My Place there was the Jonny/Chris love, it was so sweet!!

Yellow was soooo lovely with all the balloons, tho they all went to the right side of the stage and we were on the left side so we couldn't reach them. It ended with a bit of All the things I've done from the Killers which was sweet! :nice:

42 was great as ever and during Fix You Chris ran through the crowd and passed us.. I reached out for him and I think I yelled CHRISSY!! (or something like that) He didn't put out his hands tho' so I couldn't touch him. Kelly and Jackie ran after him, which was quite funny to watch!

Strawberry Swing, it was such a perfect day.. A really warm summer night, with the best band on earth performing. Couldn't be better!

Then the B-stage part; Jonny and Guy having some fun when they got on there, lovely smiles from both of them :wacky:

The MJ tribute, Billy Jean, was sweet and really beautiful! A worthy tribute..

Viva was awesome, the crowd went wild and I sang on top of my lungs (well, I did that for the whole gig actually ;))

The C-stage was cool, the boys went by us, just inches away from touching but sadly they didn't stick their hands out and there was so much security! The little Werchter song where Chris got lost and couldn't think of anything anymore! I can't recall them playing I'm a believer, but that could be due to my mushy brain, haha!

Chavi spotted Phil watching them from the main stage. I don't know if Carla manged to take a picture because he went backstage when the boys made their way back from the C-stage.

During Politik, Chris messed up the first chorus, he got a bit lost there.. No biggie though. Lovers in Japan was magical, all the butterflies falling from the sky! A nice security dude handed me arms full of butterflies after the show and I've got soooo much of them! Lovely, going to frame some and put the rest on the wall in our new house (when we get it).

Death And All His Friends, I realized it was almost over.. Sweet song, love it live!!

The encore, esp. The Scientist made me cry so bad!! It was so beautiful, full of emotions and gave me goosebumps all over my body.. Life in Technicolor ii, and that was it.. :bigcry:

The show was amazing, the boys (esp. Chris) were so in to it, smiling and having fun on stage! :D

I still can't believe it's over, I've been looking forward to this for so long and now it's nothing more than a memory. A sweet one, but it makes me sad nevertheless..

So happy I got to experience this with the lovely C&C! It was the best thing ever and I can't wait for September to be here..

:wacky:

Love your review Hester :kiss: Glad you had fun.

Can't wait till you see them again too :dance:

Somewhat off-topic but still cute:

Prince Laurent (youngest son of our king) was also at Werchter on Friday to see Coldplay. Afterwards he tried to help a police van that had gotten stuck.

YouTube - prins laurent duwt politiecombi uit de gracht

Hahaha, this is so typical :lol: :lol:

But I like him more, now I know that he's a Coldplay fan. Laurent has good taste! :D

Ahhh thanks for finding it!

He named the previous acts soooo fast! :stunned:

Hehe, it was so funny :lol:

How great that he knew all the acts who had played there. It's not that easy for him I guess, when you play another festival almost every day.

He always makes an effort to make every concert awesome, even if they've played more than 100 :nice:

Okay, I'm going to give my review a try. Don't shoot me if there's a gap somewhere, I'm sure C&C will fill it in for me! ;)

So I got to the festival around noon and C&C had taken the perfect spots! I was so happy to see Carla again and finally meet Chavi!! The girls really are lovely and I miss them like crazy! :(

Since it was a festival, we had to wait and see other bands first. Just Jack, which was good. Elbow was superb! The Killers were great too but after them, Coldplay was on!!

We saw the dancing roadie which was great! The crowd loved him! After that, the Blue Danube and the whole crowd clapped along!

Then.. Life In Technicolor, and the boys came on with their sparklers and I went crazy!!! Violet Hill ended with a tribute to MJ which was really lovely!

During In My Place there was the Jonny/Chris love, it was so sweet!!

Yellow was soooo lovely with all the balloons, tho they all went to the right side of the stage and we were on the left side so we couldn't reach them. It ended with a bit of All the things I've done from the Killers which was sweet! :nice:

42 was great as ever and during Fix You Chris ran through the crowd and passed us.. I reached out for him and I think I yelled CHRISSY!! (or something like that) He didn't put out his hands tho' so I couldn't touch him. Kelly and Jackie ran after him, which was quite funny to watch!

Strawberry Swing, it was such a perfect day.. A really warm summer night, with the best band on earth performing. Couldn't be better!

Then the B-stage part; Jonny and Guy having some fun when they got on there, lovely smiles from both of them :wacky:

The MJ tribute, Billy Jean, was sweet and really beautiful! A worthy tribute..

Viva was awesome, the crowd went wild and I sang on top of my lungs (well, I did that for the whole gig actually ;))

The C-stage was cool, the boys went by us, just inches away from touching but sadly they didn't stick their hands out and there was so much security! The little Werchter song where Chris got lost and couldn't think of anything anymore! I can't recall them playing I'm a believer, but that could be due to my mushy brain, haha!

Chavi spotted Phil watching them from the main stage. I don't know if Carla manged to take a picture because he went backstage when the boys made their way back from the C-stage.

During Politik, Chris messed up the first chorus, he got a bit lost there.. No biggie though. Lovers in Japan was magical, all the butterflies falling from the sky! A nice security dude handed me arms full of butterflies after the show and I've got soooo much of them! Lovely, going to frame some and put the rest on the wall in our new house (when we get it).

Death And All His Friends, I realized it was almost over.. Sweet song, love it live!!

The encore, esp. The Scientist made me cry so bad!! It was so beautiful, full of emotions and gave me goosebumps all over my body.. Life in Technicolor ii, and that was it.. :bigcry:

The show was amazing, the boys (esp. Chris) were so in to it, smiling and having fun on stage! :D

I still can't believe it's over, I've been looking forward to this for so long and now it's nothing more than a memory. A sweet one, but it makes me sad nevertheless..

So happy I got to experience this with the lovely C&C! It was the best thing ever and I can't wait for September to be here..

Ooh hun great review. Im so happy that you all had a great time... :nice:

Now waiting C&C reviews... Hurry up girls... :D

I adore it when Chris cracks up.

I was on the first row and the camera guys were being such fools following him whenever they reached one side of the stage Chris was already rolling to the other. LOL.

Awesome review Hester ! :nice:

Yes, a show with crazy Coldplayers like C&C is just unforgettable ! :nice:

And same here, now each time that I listen to LiT ii, I just wanna cry :sad:

So those two (C&C) really are totally crazy...

Yes, I adore how they always give this personal touch to each concert. but this one was just awesome with his song:

“ When you're playing at Werchter Festival on a Friday night.

Playing for those Belgians girls & boys. I heard that Belgians

make a f- a lot of noise. We just like to say to you,

thanks for Elbow, The Killers, White Lies & Bloc Party too.

This is just-just want I'm all about. Aaaaahhh F-it. Thats the end ,,

and his

"come up to belgium.

To tell you I'm sorry.

you don't know how lovely you are."

Look what Fred Durst twittered:

@PauletteBanana it has a cool energy. Chris from Coldplay is in our hotel. He's dope.

1:01 AM Jul 4th from Tweetie in reply to PauletteBanana

What does that mean: he's dope?

about white lies... errhhh I was tired *ducks away* :uhoh:

The setlist

Werchtersetlist_090706_14.preview.jpg

Not mine, allas. Found this one on stubru.be

CoL is on it, but wasn't played.

hmm that setlist says arras in the bottem right corner, and Chavi managed to get guys setlist at the end, they crossed off COL but I actually photographed that very same setlist before the show, and it wasn't crossed of so it must have been a last minute descision.. but all of that goes for arras..

Look what Fred Durst twittered:

@PauletteBanana it has a cool energy. Chris from Coldplay is in our hotel. He's dope.

1:01 AM Jul 4th from Tweetie in reply to PauletteBanana

What does that mean: he's dope?

Ewww Fred Durst:dozey:

dope = cool