✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

18-Feb-09: Coldplay/The Killers - War Child gig, Shepherd's Bush, London (Reviews, Pictures, Videos

Denise

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's called 'Onion Fashion' these days ... ;) :D

Several layers of clothes on top of each other :laugh3:

I even knitted gauntlets (legwarmers) but for my arms especially for Wednesday!!

I think it'll be really warm inside... so I'll wear a shirt but will have "armwarmers" for the queuing hours :laugh3::laugh3:

Am I crazy? (I know this is a rhetorical question...)

It's THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW! :dance:

'Just' a concert???

:o

:lol:

That's why I put it in brackets ;)

Of course it's not only 'just' a concert ... it's the once in a lifetime chance to see two fantastic bands at such a tiny venue ...

It will be so very extraspecial and I feel honestly honoured that I was able to get some tickets for this event.

Normally I am always blessed with bad luck, when it comes to this ... ;)

Really?? They did?! :o

But did you still get tickets?

Maybe they cancelled because of the same IP? :\

I am really sorry to hear that :embarassed:

Where there any restrictions about the amount of tickets one was able to order?

I couldn't remember that there were any but then again, I just clicked through the whole process not paying too much attention on all the things which were written there ... :laugh3:

Yeah still let me keep one of my orders, i should have used a different credit card and used my work address but i was in such a rush to get them my brain was left behind!

Can't wait only 2 days to go!!

Just a thought but do you think the gig is seated? Last time I went there (pre 02 when it was carling academy it was standing) but my tickets have G0 on it but also have seat numbers. Do you think this is just ticket numbers and not for actual seats?

I wish I knew more!!!! Any thoughts anyone?

Also, as it's such a small venue, the cloakroom (on the left as you go in to the actual hall) isn't much of a hassle, so don't worry about taking too many coats and scarves, just put them together so you only have to pay one cloakroom fee.

The area with the merchandise stand on the right as you face the stage (the one by the loos) can be a nightmare, and the bar at the back under the balcony is great but the view and sound are not good from there. My spot of choice is always by the bar to the left on the floor - perfect view, dancing space, and easy access to the Carling :D

Also, as it's such a small venue, the cloakroom (on the left as you go in to the actual hall) isn't much of a hassle, so don't worry about taking too many coats and scarves, just put them together so you only have to pay one cloakroom fee.

The area with the merchandise stand on the right as you face the stage (the one by the loos) can be a nightmare, and the bar at the back under the balcony is great but the view and sound are not good from there. My spot of choice is always by the bar to the left on the floor - perfect view, dancing space, and easy access to the Carling :D

It's a great little venue, I took my Dad to see Jose Gonzalez at Shepherds Bush last year and we turned up really late and even though it was full we still got a great view. The easy access to the bar is a godsend!

By the way guys, you were able to do multiple orders from the same house address as me and my brother both placed orders (our ticketmaster accounts and credit bank/cards are both registered to the same address) he was at Uni in Liverpool at the time though so it must have something to do with the card name or the IP address perhaps that got your 2nd orders cancelled. I was a bit worried at first, but we've printed our tickets and everything seems to be fine...touch wood!

It's a great little venue, I took my Dad to see Jose Gonzalez at Shepherds Bush last year and we turned up really late and even though it was full we still got a great view. The easy access to the bar is a godsend!

By the way guys, you were able to do multiple orders from the same house address as me and my brother both placed orders (our ticketmaster accounts and credit bank/cards are both registered to the same address) he was at Uni in Liverpool at the time though so it must have something to do with the card name or the IP address perhaps that got your 2nd orders cancelled. I was a bit worried at first, but we've printed our tickets and everything seems to be fine...touch wood!

It'll be card names/details. And if you've paid for and got your tickets printed everything will be fine :)

I'm glad to see that the queuing will be from late afternoon.

I'm leaving Oxford as early as I possibly can, but I don't think I'll be able to get to London before 5pm... good thing is the bus service Oxford-London has a stop at Shepherds Bush, so I can just walk from there and meet everyone!!!

:nice:

Okay ... I just got up around half an hour ago, at 4.15 am! :o

Now getting ready and probably leaving in around 1 hour or so ...

God, I am excited :)

See some of you later today, the rest of you tomorrow in the queue :)

Safe trip :)

HOW LATE!!!!!?? the times have just been posted on the shepherds bush empire site: (in the update ticker)

http://www.o2shepherdsbushempire.co.uk/

11.10pm coldplay, 12.20pm killers. So that's a 1am finish. (tubes close about 12.20pm)

Looks like it will be a taxi home then! So hard to know what time to get there... if doors are at 9pm and no-one is coming on until 11pm...???