✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay's Twitter

Pris

is it my impression or the colours of the graffity wall on the PoC cover look brighter than usual (like in the MX booklet)? :thinking:

And am I the only one who likes PoC more than Sparks, Green Eyes or similar songs? :escaping:

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I never said it was wrong. They can do whatever they want. I just said my opinion.

i know, it's just the way you said the "which you all know our fans love" thing, because i don't think they cared (or should have to care, really) about what their fans were going to think, that's all. :P

is it my impression or the colours of the graffity wall on the PoC cover look brighter than usual (like in the MX booklet)? :thinking:

And am I the only one who likes PoC more than Sparks, Green Eyes or similar songs? :escaping:

they do seem to be more saturated.

and... well, i can't say that i like POC more than the other ones you mentioned, but i like it at least as much. but they are very different styles, and some people just prefer certain styles to others. :shrug:

I think you might be in the minority,lol. (re: Green Eyes, Sparks etc.)

No, it's not a question of 'right' or 'wrong'. I personally don't like it and wish they hadn't done it. So many musicians out there with so much more talent, imo. But I've given up ever hearing Coldplay release new music the way I loved or remember them.

No, it's not a question of 'right' or 'wrong'. I personally don't like it and wish they hadn't done it. So many musicians out there with so much more talent, imo. But I've given up ever hearing Coldplay release new music the way I loved or remember them.

well, that is fine. you're certainly allowed to not like it.

i guess i just feel like sometimes Coldplay fans seem to act like they are entitled to something, like the band owes them a certain type of music or a certain manner of behavior. maybe that's not exactly what you meant, but it's just what i see happening a lot in the fandom.

It's probably just a bunch of their singles used to boost the sales of this Radioshack thing. However weird some of their latest promotion steps have been, they wouldn't release an EP in that fashion.

What is Radioshack precisely?

Edit: yes, just a bunch of singles

well, that is fine. you're certainly allowed to not like it.

i guess i just feel like sometimes Coldplay fans seem to act like they are entitled to something, like the band owes them a certain type of music or a certain manner of behavior. maybe that's not exactly what you meant, but it's just what i see happening a lot in the fandom.

Definitely NOT what I meant, since I see that a lot and point it out too, mostly about their live shows and setlist choices. A lot of whining goes on that sounds like 'Coldplay owes me', and it drives me nuts. I think every band 'owes' their fans a lot of respect and gratitude, but they don't owe us their creative process. It's just my opinion and I try to stress that.:)

It's probably just a bunch of their singles used to boast the sales of this Radioshack thing. However weird some of their latest promotion steps have been, they wouldn't release an EP in that fashion.

Edit: yes, just a bunch of singles

It's an American electronics store.

Radioshack is basically an electronics store. :wacko:

edit: aww, Tracie beat me to it. :P

Definitely NOT what I meant, since I see that a lot and point it out too, mostly about their live shows and setlist choices. A lot of whining goes on that sounds like 'Coldplay owes me', and it drives me nuts. I think every band 'owes' their fans a lot of respect and gratitude, but they don't owe us their creative process. It's just my opinion and I try to stress that.:)

oh yes, it definitely happens with the live stuff. :P

and being respectful to fans and showing gratitude is certainly all right to expect. it's really dumb when artists are rude to their fans, especially since in many cases those are the people who have supported them the most and they would not be where they are without those fans. Coldplay are so great with the way they treat their fans, so it's really a shame that some people have taken that for granted.

so, i understand what you mean that the music they're making now is not quite the music you like. to be honest, i had been on the fence before the song was released, because i'm not really a Rihanna fan myself, but i was and still am fine with them having chosen her to sing. i think the song turned out very well, and even if it hadn't, well... it was still their choice and so i am fine with that. it's their music, so as long as they are happy... :P

@RadioShack[/url] in the U.S. (online or instore) before 30 June and you'll get seven free Coldplay songs with it. A

8:06 PM

The seven free Coldplay songs are a worth consideration to buy a HTC smartphone from RadioShack! ^No, I'm only joking. That would be more than crazy :laugh3:

Radioshack is basically an electronics store. :wacko:

edit: aww, Tracie beat me to it. :P

oh yes, it definitely happens with the live stuff. :P

and being respectful to fans and showing gratitude is certainly all right to expect. it's really dumb when artists are rude to their fans, especially since in many cases those are the people who have supported them the most and they would not be where they are without those fans. Coldplay are so great with the way they treat their fans, so it's really a shame that some people have taken that for granted.

so, i understand what you mean that the music they're making now is not quite the music you like. to be honest, i had been on the fence before the song was released, because i'm not really a Rihanna fan myself, but i was and still am fine with them having chosen her to sing. i think the song turned out very well, and even if it hadn't, well... it was still their choice and so i am fine with that. it's their music, so as long as they are happy... :P

I'll say it turned out better than I'd thought it would. I've never been a fan of hers, and don't think she's particularly talented musically, but it's nothing a little...a lot...of auto-tune won't fix,lol. ;p

If they're doing it because it's the direction they're happy to take, great. If it's a commercial move, then, not so great. My guess it's more the former since Chris is a huge fan of hers, but I'm guessing they didn't think it would be bad for sales either. ;)