✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

30-Jul-09: Rogers Centre, Toronto, ON - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos/Videos

a few more

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewvKkhp6RqU]YouTube - Lovers In Japan - Coldplay (Live in Toronto at the Rogers Centre, 07-30-09)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrBPnpIWEgQ]YouTube - Cemeteries of London - Coldplay (Live in Toronto at the Rogers Centre, 07-30-09)[/ame]

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great videos guys!! :D

For those Toronto posters, where were they selling them? How much did it cost? :P

They're so pretty!!

$20 before and after the show ... my mum bought one before the show as she wasn't GA ... I luckily scored one on the way out. Managed to get them home unscathed. ;)

Planing on framing them along with the ticket stub.

Jason....

PS ... My review is coming up sometime today or tomorrow.

EDIT: Sorry ... don't know where my mum got her's from but I got mine from some random lady seller (on the way out) in the Centre ... she said that it was the last one she had.

Some great photos here, check out the Coldwave! :stunned:

20090730dav2.jpg

20090730dav4.jpg

Pictures by dav foto corp @ Flickr

Thanks Ian for sharing these :) Being in the pit, you kind of forget at times how immensely huge the venue is. It's mind blowing :shocked2:

The cellphone wave as so magical and stunning. I'll post my video of it up later today

$20 before and after the show ... my mum bought one before the show as she wasn't GA ... I luckily scored one on the way out. Managed to get them home unscathed. ;)

Jason....

EDIT: Sorry ... don't know where my mum got her's from but I got mine from some random lady seller (on the way out) in the Centre ... she said that it was the last one she had.

Lucky!! Never really had a chance to see what people were selling outside the venue. :P

Could anyone please post a setlist for the show?

3779017944_220e62376a.jpg

^The setlist I got from Rick :)

After the concert ended, I stuck around and asked people taking down the stage if they could grab a set list and the ones I asked said sorry, they weren't able to. Security as usual were trying to get people out but were less pushy this time, understanding that the venue was huge and that the exits were clogged anyway.

So I looked to the stage and and got the attention of someone wearing glasses and a headset who looked like they were part of the crew. I called to him and drew a rectangle with my hands, and to my sheer happiness, he understood what I meant. He looked around for a bit and then finally drew a folded out set list from his pocket and tossed it to me from the stage.

I wish I could have thanked him more! He was so kind about it.

Some great photos here, check out the Coldwave! :stunned:

20090730dav4.jpg

Pictures by dav foto corp @ Flickr

Beautiful...

This amount of people is hard to imagine... The atmosphere must have been so amazing!

Double that and we have Wembley... even more :stunned:

(Reminds me again that I need to wear comfy sneakers for the concerts to come!! :lol:)

Some more videos I took during the show:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOEoSWGTmtQ]YouTube - Coldplay - Happy Birthday sung to Will [HQ] & Life In Technicolour II in Toronto 07/30/09[/ame]

^ The hugs and kiss and cake and balloons :blush:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JRsg5arIhI]YouTube - Coldplay - Viva La Vida [HQ] in Toronto 07/30/09[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGjvW__72Rw]YouTube - Coldplay - 42 [HQ] in Toronto 07/30/09[/ame]

^ Jonny gets so into his guitar :love:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpbOJOy-Vbo]YouTube - Coldplay - The epic cellphone wave in Toronto [HQ] 07/30/09[/ame]

Jason....

Sled,

I remember you from the lineup and the show..... you spell mum the English way.... is your mum English? My kids still spell it that way too...

Some more videos I took during the show:

^ The hugs and kiss and cake and balloons :blush:

The first one is really cute!

"Coldplay is made up of one idiot and three very shy people" :laugh3::laugh3:

The cellphone wave looks awesome!! :stunned:

Thanks!! :kiss:

I went to the Coldplay Toronto Concert! I'm, Karen and I'm from Buffalo and I went to the concert with my two friends Emily and Katie. We got to Rogers Centre around 1-ish and sat in line. After a few hours the security guards decided they were going to split the line up and open another gate. We stayed in the original line but that wasn't really fair because then the people who came later could go in the same time as the people who waited hours and hours. But later the security guards closed the gate they had the second line in front of and they decided to make it all one line again. They claimed to remember who was in front before and they were going to cut off the line right in front of us so we'd get in later. And we were there since one but everyone in line stuck up for us, The Purple Girls, and all the Coldplayers were sticking together so we got to keep our spot.

We made friends with the people in front of us in line and our "mummy", helped us to get to the front of the pit and the three of us ended up in front and center on the railing more towards where Guy stood. Myself, Emily and Katie (the Purple Girls) brought 3 signs we made to the concert with us. On said "Viva la Jonny" on one side and the other side said "You Go Guy", the second sign said "Chris Puts my Life in Technicolor" and the back of that says "Have a Spektakular Birthday Mr. Champion", and our last sign said " Bring Back the Nappies". Early on in the concert we decided to put up our poster for Guy because he was right in front of us and he saw it and smiled! After which all of us screamed "Guy I love you" and he also smiled and laughed at that! Then during Yellow the balloons all kept going on the stage instead of back in the crowd and Chris was mouthing to Guy to kick the balloons off of the stage and pop them.

After lovers in Japan they were walking off and Chris came over and he read our sign for him. He looked at us in the eyes, laughed, smiled and waved. then ran off stage. Jonny also read our sign. But for Will when he was near the side of the stage no matter how loudly we screamed he didn't hear us so he didn't see the birthday sign we made for him. And we got to be really close to the "fifth member of Coldplay" Phil and Miller "Roadie 42".

It was the best concert experience ever! And we'd like to thank our "mummy" if she sees this for helping us at the concert!

Karen, Emily and Katie..

I had the best time at the concert thanks to your enthusiasm and love of the band. It was already exciting to be there and so close but seeing how happy you girls were (and the 3 young boys) really made my night. You are lovely girls and a credit to your parents..

Hope to meet again at another Coldplay concert

Hugs

Your mummy

Karen, Emily and Katie..

I had the best time at the concert thanks to your enthusiasm and love of the band. It was already exciting to be there and so close but seeing how happy you girls were (and the 3 young boys) really made my night. You are lovely girls and a credit to your parents..

Hope to meet again at another Coldplay concert

Hugs

Your mummy

I'm really glad you had a great time! Hopefully they come to Toronto soon so we can meet up again. :)

Sled,

I remember you from the lineup and the show..... you spell mum the English way.... is your mum English? My kids still spell it that way too...

Ahhh just something I picked up when I was living in the UK?

BTW ... are you the one who gave me the canadiian butterfly flag?

Jason