✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

30-Jul-09: Rogers Centre, Toronto, ON - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos/Videos

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say, I was standing RIGHT in front of Guy, and before this concert he was probably my least favorite member of the band. But at the concert he was smiling at us and dancing for us, so he's moved WAY up in my list. He looked like he was having so much fun. I used to think he didn't really care about the fans like the others did but he was really paying attention to us and making sure everyone had a good time. He is now tied with Chris. :D

great pics and vids everyone. can't wait to see yours, sandersidle:)

there's an audio interview posted on 104.5 chum FM with Chris and Guy backstage before last night's show, here's the link:

http://www.chumfm.com/Music/Players/onDemand.aspx

Damn Chris and his mass text story... Guy was going to explain why he doesn't tweet anymore and Chris interrupted.... arrrgggghhhhh

:P

What an amazing show! Managed to upgrade from section 124 to b6 on the floor which was awesome, and I totally lost it when they started singing. Brought my camera but was so excited forgot to take pictures ( and the 2 I tried to take turned out horrible).

I don't know if it is possible to get too excited for Coldplay but I know I was pretty excited. Just all the love in that stadium was overwhelming, amazing.

And something like 45000 people there, pretty insane

my vids in HD - recorded the whole night - keep checking youtube as they upload extremely slowly...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf7Xxe8eFCM]YouTube - Life in Technicolor and Violet Hill - Coldplay (Live in Toronto at the Rogers Centre, 07-30-09)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_7ENBD7xDw]YouTube - Glass of Water - Coldplay (Live in Toronto at the Rogers Centre, 07-30-09)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx6QI_41hu4]YouTube - Fix You - Coldplay (Live in Toronto at the Rogers Centre, 07-30-09)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2EX6FXRFwk]YouTube - Strawberry Swing - Coldplay (Live in Toronto at the Rogers Centre, 07-30-09)[/ame]

Oy, I'm still exhausted a day later, but I'll try to write out my highlights now :P.

I'm from Connecticut, so we had to drive about 12 hours to get to Toronto (we were going to be there anyway to pick up my brother from camp). I missed Kitty, Daisy & Lewis because I had to be at my brother's hockey game, but arrived right as Elbow came on. Our seats were...not brilliant :P. I'm afraid I'm now spoiled after being so close the past few times. I was in section 134a, which is right on the left side of the stage, but the issue was that the stage didn't span the entire width of the playing field like it does in smaller arenas, and I didn't bargain for that. However, I perked right up when I was informed by the security guards that the boys would be passing RIGHT in front of our section, and I was in the second row! :D

I didn't take many pictures, but I got a few fairly good ones from the HD screen right in front of me, as well as a crap-lit video of the boys walking right past me, which I'll post later.

The show was awesome, and I was so grateful to go when I totally didn't expect to be able to, so I would have taken even crappier seats just for the experience :nice:. However, I just don't feel nearly as connected when I'm not in the front anymore...the people in my section only knew the singles. I also loved singing happy birthday to Will :D.

Anyone else get one of the awesome Toronto posters? I had to get one :nice:.

YouTube - Happy Birthday Will! Phil Harvey Specail Appearance. Coldplay Jul 30 09 Toronto[/url]

HAPPY BIRTHDAT WILL

hey, the sparklers stayed lit this year! :lol::P

amazing pics/vids/reviews everyone!! they're getting me so pumped for my show (2 days! :D), which will be my very first Coldplay concert.:dance:

Oy, I'm still exhausted a day later, but I'll try to write out my highlights now :P.

I'm from Connecticut, so we had to drive about 12 hours to get to Toronto (we were going to be there anyway to pick up my brother from camp). I missed Kitty, Daisy & Lewis because I had to be at my brother's hockey game, but arrived right as Elbow came on. Our seats were...not brilliant :P. I'm afraid I'm now spoiled after being so close the past few times. I was in section 134a, which is right on the left side of the stage, but the issue was that the stage didn't span the entire width of the playing field like it does in smaller arenas, and I didn't bargain for that. However, I perked right up when I was informed by the security guards that the boys would be passing RIGHT in front of our section, and I was in the second row! :D

I didn't take many pictures, but I got a few fairly good ones from the HD screen right in front of me, as well as a crap-lit video of the boys walking right past me, which I'll post later.

The show was awesome, and I was so grateful to go when I totally didn't expect to be able to, so I would have taken even crappier seats just for the experience :nice:. However, I just don't feel nearly as connected when I'm not in the front anymore...the people in my section only knew the singles. I also loved singing happy birthday to Will :D.

Anyone else get one of the awesome Toronto posters? I had to get one :nice:.

What posters?!?!?!

:hug: You are right!! I went to see them too (Not at Toronto) but they were amazing! Jonny was so close! I can't stop playing that cd they gave..:embarassed:

haha oohhh you and your jonny love lol. I know! I was listening to it today in the car and singing along. Mindy really enjoyed the concert also, even though she wasn't thrilled about paying so much:P

I have to say, I was standing RIGHT in front of Guy, and before this concert he was probably my least favorite member of the band. But at the concert he was smiling at us and dancing for us, so he's moved WAY up in my list. He looked like he was having so much fun. I used to think he didn't really care about the fans like the others did but he was really paying attention to us and making sure everyone had a good time. He is now tied with Chris. :D

:D:D

^ Where were they selling those? I would have loved one! Do they do that for other shows?

But my god, I still can't get over the concert :heart: It was soo amazing and I still can't believe how incredible it ALL was. I don't even know where to begin describing the whole thing.

After lining up since the morning, my friend and I were in the pit, front row, between Chris and Jonny though closer to the centre, so I definitely have some great footage and photos to share :nice:

Also, I just realized I saw a bunch of you lot :wacko: I wish I could have said hello