✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

30-Jul-09: Rogers Centre, Toronto, ON - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos/Videos

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, we should all stay in touch! The next Toronto show is gonna be like a slap in the face.... that's how loud we'll be. :D

Yeah i can't stop listening to elbow either! they're always stuck in my head..

That's all i did. I was in the car and one a plane for the better part of the past 3 days and I listen to coldplay for a 4 hour period then the only elbow song I had time to put on my ipod then more coldplay and the nappies video a few times!

Yesssssssssss! I wanna live at one and just here Coldplay play their spektakular music every single day! I miss the concert sooooo much!

Hey purple girls ... I remember the security guy taking that picture of you. I was to your right in the corner.

Hahaha okay don't make fun of me for posting my review almost 8 days late, and for it being so damn long. I had troubles finding it in my 1000 word documents, and then I tried typing it on here and everytime my computer would freeze:shame:

My friend and I started our little trip to the Rogers Centre by taking the VIVA bus (an awesome name for a bus!), cause we both live in Aurora. On the bus we saw three guys wearing the VLV tour shirts and met a girl who was going to the concert too, later on when we switched to the subway where we also overheard some people talking about being excited about seeing Coldplay. We arrived at The Dome at around 3 pm, and since we saw no one lining up we left and walked around downtown for a few hours. You’d be fascinated about how whenever there’s a big band around the prices rise 2-3 times on everything lol. When we came back we ended up being first in the line, which was a pretty awesome thing, because when we were finally allowed in we ran to the merch stand we didn’t have to wait three hours to get our stuff. I ended up getting the viva bag, a keychain, tour book, the concert poster and the LiT shirt which I later exchanged to the tour shirt (actually I changed my mind 3 times-_-). When we were sitting and waiting for the bands to come on we had a security guard come up to us and he started talking to me about Chris and how nice he is, he said even though it’s only his second time meeting the band Chris acts like they’ve been buddies for a very long time…and then he started talking about Michael Buble lol. So we sat there for a while watching the place slowly filling up with people until the supporting acts finally came on. I didn’t really like Kitty, Daisy and Lewis, and my friend kept on whining about the music being too loud, but there was a lady a few rows in front of us, who was like REALLY enjoying them like she was dancing and singing along, well good for her. Then Elbow came on and I knew their songs so I liked them. Then when the classical piece started playing (ok ok I definitely knew the name until now -_-) everyone in my section got up and started waving their hands around. AND THEN the moment I’ve been waiting for the whole entire time from the second I received my tickets, the band ran out holding the sparklers I can only say I’ve never screamed so loud in my entire life! Plus I couldn’t stop smiling the whole time! I’m not gonna tell you about every song they played, besides the fact that I was singing along the whole time (duh, who wasn’t?) cause you probably read all about them in the other 1000000 awesome reviews other coldplayers posted. I loved every single song they played, but especially Fix you and VLV, cause you know of the whole crowd singing along thing, pretty magical! Okay okay now here comes probably one of the biggest highlights of my night, before the concert I wasn’t THAT satisfied with my seats, they were good (btw I was in section B3 but a bit too far away from the stage) but I couldn’t really see anything on the stage without looking at the screens, but when the band ran to the C-stage, I figured out I was only a couple sections away from them, so I ran like crazyyy there lol, and ended up standing about 1.5 from the guys. I couldn’t believe how close I was, there they were standing right in front of me, I could see them perfectly I couldn’t stop squealing the whole time and I screamed when they started playing Green Eyes, one of my favourite songs ever! The only problem was that my dumb friend kept telling me that we should go back and get our stuff. This is what was going through my mind the whole time she was telling me that “Okay you surely must be a freaking idiot we’re 1.5 meters away from the greatest band in the universe also my favourite band that I love and dreamed of seeing live for a very long time and you want to LOOSE our spot and go back and get your stuff???! Wtf right now I could care less about what happens to my stuff!” But I didn’t say any of that out loud lol. And what annoyed me the most I told her to go back without me if she was that worried but she wouldn’t. Ughhhhhhhh. Sheesh people these days. So she kept pulling me so we ran back in the middle of Billie Jean and guess what our stuff were still there, I felt like slapping her, I’m not even kidding. Good for her the soon ran back to the big stage and played LiJ. And all the beautiful butterflies started falling down on us. Which was AMAZING! I caught so many :wacky:. And then a few songs later when the band left the stage I was scared there for a moment that this would be the last time I will see them for a few years :uhoh:, but then I enjoyed our lovely “COLDPLAY” chant and was indeed very happy when Chris came out and talked and sang more songs and Will’s birthday song. And yeah after the concert I stayed up collecting the butterflies, my friend was in a hurry to get out like always, and one of the security guards came along making fun of me for collecting so many. I got some more stuff from the merch stand and with the LRLRL CD and all the Coldplay stuff I bought in my hands I headed out from the Dome still excited and a bit upset about Chris telling us that we probably won’t see them for the next few years. But still this was the best night of my entire life thanks to coldplay. Fin.

IMG_3288.jpg

:D

Hahaha okay don't make fun of me for posting my review almost 8 days late, and for it being so damn long. I had troubles finding it in my 1000 word documents, and then I tried typing it on here and everytime my computer would freeze:shame:

My friend and I started our little trip to the Rogers Centre by taking the VIVA bus (an awesome name for a bus!), cause we both live in Aurora. On the bus we saw three guys wearing the VLV tour shirts and met a girl who was going to the concert too, later on when we switched to the subway where we also overheard some people talking about being excited about seeing Coldplay. We arrived at The Dome at around 3 pm, and since we saw no one lining up we left and walked around downtown for a few hours. You’d be fascinated about how whenever there’s a big band around the prices rise 2-3 times on everything lol. When we came back we ended up being first in the line, which was a pretty awesome thing, because when we were finally allowed in we ran to the merch stand we didn’t have to wait three hours to get our stuff. I ended up getting the viva bag, a keychain, tour book, the concert poster and the LiT shirt which I later exchanged to the tour shirt (actually I changed my mind 3 times-_-). When we were sitting and waiting for the bands to come on we had a security guard come up to us and he started talking to me about Chris and how nice he is, he said even though it’s only his second time meeting the band Chris acts like they’ve been buddies for a very long time…and then he started talking about Michael Buble lol. So we sat there for a while watching the place slowly filling up with people until the supporting acts finally came on. I didn’t really like Kitty, Daisy and Lewis, and my friend kept on whining about the music being too loud, but there was a lady a few rows in front of us, who was like REALLY enjoying them like she was dancing and singing along, well good for her. Then Elbow came on and I knew their songs so I liked them. Then when the classical piece started playing (ok ok I definitely knew the name until now -_-) everyone in my section got up and started waving their hands around. AND THEN the moment I’ve been waiting for the whole entire time from the second I received my tickets, the band ran out holding the sparklers I can only say I’ve never screamed so loud in my entire life! Plus I couldn’t stop smiling the whole time! I’m not gonna tell you about every song they played, besides the fact that I was singing along the whole time (duh, who wasn’t?) cause you probably read all about them in the other 1000000 awesome reviews other coldplayers posted. I loved every single song they played, but especially Fix you and VLV, cause you know of the whole crowd singing along thing, pretty magical! Okay okay now here comes probably one of the biggest highlights of my night, before the concert I wasn’t THAT satisfied with my seats, they were good (btw I was in section B3 but a bit too far away from the stage) but I couldn’t really see anything on the stage without looking at the screens, but when the band ran to the C-stage, I figured out I was only a couple sections away from them, so I ran like crazyyy there lol, and ended up standing about 1.5 from the guys. I couldn’t believe how close I was, there they were standing right in front of me, I could see them perfectly I couldn’t stop squealing the whole time and I screamed when they started playing Green Eyes, one of my favourite songs ever! The only problem was that my dumb friend kept telling me that we should go back and get our stuff. This is what was going through my mind the whole time she was telling me that “Okay you surely must be a freaking idiot we’re 1.5 meters away from the greatest band in the universe also my favourite band that I love and dreamed of seeing live for a very long time and you want to LOOSE our spot and go back and get your stuff???! Wtf right now I could care less about what happens to my stuff!” But I didn’t say any of that out loud lol. And what annoyed me the most I told her to go back without me if she was that worried but she wouldn’t. Ughhhhhhhh. Sheesh people these days. So she kept pulling me so we ran back in the middle of Billie Jean and guess what our stuff were still there, I felt like slapping her, I’m not even kidding. Good for her the soon ran back to the big stage and played LiJ. And all the beautiful butterflies started falling down on us. Which was AMAZING! I caught so many :wacky:. And then a few songs later when the band left the stage I was scared there for a moment that this would be the last time I will see them for a few years :uhoh:, but then I enjoyed our lovely “COLDPLAY” chant and was indeed very happy when Chris came out and talked and sang more songs and Will’s birthday song. And yeah after the concert I stayed up collecting the butterflies, my friend was in a hurry to get out like always, and one of the security guards came along making fun of me for collecting so many. I got some more stuff from the merch stand and with the LRLRL CD and all the Coldplay stuff I bought in my hands I headed out from the Dome still excited and a bit upset about Chris telling us that we probably won’t see them for the next few years. But still this was the best night of my entire life thanks to coldplay. Fin.

IMG_3288.jpg

:D

Really great review! :D Glad you had a great time.

NEW THREAD for us TORONTO PIT CREW

NEW THREAD FOR US TORONTO FOLK - TORONTO PIT CREW

I had no sooner joined this forum than the 2009 North American Tour dates were announced, so my "home" here has been the Rogers Ctr. conert thread, though of course I visit others.

I assume this thread will disappear into archives at some point and I know there are some of us from that thread who would:

1) Like to stay in touch; and

2) Like to plan something special for Coldplay's next Toronto gig.

So that's what the new thread is for. Everyone is welcome.

TORONTO PIT CREW[/color][/size]

I had no sooner joined this forum than the 2009 North American Tour dates were announced, so my "home" here has been the Rogers Ctr. conert thread, though of course I visit others.

I assume this thread will disappear into archives at some point and I know there are some of us from that thread who would:

1) Like to stay in touch; and

2) Like to plan something special for Coldplay's next Toronto gig.

So that's what the new thread is for. Everyone is welcome.

I can't find the Toronto Pit Crew Thread D: found it :D

She got you one too. Idk if i was supposed to tell you though. oh well.

Lol she just told me that I shouldn't buuy one because she had a plan. Lol I'll be sure to tell her how much I freaking love her as soon as I can:D

Guest Osaka Sun

Does anyone know where I can get one of those Coldplay posters from the show? I didn't even realize they were selling them...:embarassed:

Also, did anyone identify any of the music which was playing between the opening acts? They sounded really nice. Thanks!

now that im actually home from holidays perhaps i'll write a review (what a great start to a holiday might i add).

i too LOVED the pre-show music. especially all the ambient brian eno-ish stuff. my guess is that much of it was Jon Hopkins, the guy who did the opening bit of life in technicolor and the escapist. absolutely PHENOMENAL musician. wish he had opened again this year (though Elbow was effing AWESOME!)

Does anyone know where I can get one of those Coldplay posters from the show? I didn't even realize they were selling them...:embarassed:

Also, did anyone identify any of the music which was playing between the opening acts? They sounded really nice. Thanks!

You can get them at Coldplay's online store! (http://coldplay.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/artist?sourceCode=COLWEB&categoryName=Posters&artistName=Coldplay)

I didn't see them either but I bought one from their site. :P

I know they play a Jay- Z song, but i don't know the name, also there is a U2 song, and the only one i know the name of is The Blue Danube by Strauss. (which is right before the start of the show)

I know they play a Jay- Z song, but i don't know the name, also there is a U2 song, and the only one i know the name of is The Blue Danube by Strauss. (which is right before the start of the show)

The Jay-Z song would be I'm a Hustler (Give It To Me) and the U2 song Magnificent, but I think what Osaka Sun is referring to is not the tunes right before Coldplay hit the stage but the music in between Kitty, Daisy and Lewis and Elbow.

Here's my review of the show:

I've been to only a handful of concerts, but they have been some of the biggest names in music today. I had also previously been to a Coldplay concert a few years back during the "Twisted Logic" tour (it was, in fact, my first concert ever) which I was not particularly wild about (bad seats, poor lighting, bad company, bad atmosphere, etc.)

But when I heard Coldplay would be returning for the Viva la Vida tour I knew I simply must attend. VLV was my favourite album of 2008 and the songs were much more conducive to a stadium atmosphere than stuff from their previous albums. I knew that they boys would not disappoint.

While the first opener was not exactly outstanding, I was surprised by Elbow and quite enjoyed their performance. But I was there for Coldplay, my favourite band, and I wanted to hear all of my favourites.

And hear them I did. In fact there were only a few songs that I *LOVE* that didn't make it into the show. That said, the inclusion of Green Eyes *and* an Acoustic version of Billie Jean more than made up for it (my favourite band performing my favourite song by my favourite solo artist – so this is what paradise is!).

The company was great, the boys were on fire, the music was magical, the images (lighting/video backdrops) were stunning. My only regret was that I wasn't sitting in the floor seats where the Yellow balloons landed and the butterflies fell (surely they could have shot some into us poor stand seaters). They even gave us free CDs for crying out loud! I sung myself hoarse (yes, I sang along to *every single* song). I had an absolute blast.

I thought it was going to be tough to top last summer's John Mayer concert, but they did it. A night I will never ever forget

My only complaint: $40 for a t-shirt is outrageous. I already dropped $100 for seats (and dont get me started on the shameful behaviour on behalf of Ticketmaster), please don't gauge me for a shirt! (of course I paid, since I want to support my boys).

5 stars. Hands Down.