✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

30-Jul-09: Rogers Centre, Toronto, ON - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos/Videos

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, I ordered one of the Toronto posters on the Coldplay merch website and it came to $16.95 American. It probably cost a lot for shipping since I'm in the U.S. But they're glow in the dark! And I just needed one for my Coldplay wall in my bedroom :D

It was my first CP concert and it was absolutely amazing!!! I wasn't really digging Kitty, Daisy and Lewis but after Elbow came on the place started to fill up pretty quickly. I thought security was going be tight and that I would be denied taking my digital camera in since it records video. But as my friend and I were lining up at the gate, one guy ushered to us let us go through without glancing into our bags. So we found our seats and waited for what felt like hours for Coldplay to come on. Finally, the lights went out and everyone screamed, including my friend who doesn't even know them. I was so happy to see everyone in my section standing up when LIT began (my seats weren't that great tbh). But anyway, I absolutely loved the sparklers. :nice: Violet Hill, i felt went by fast, In My Place was so amazing, there was so much energy put into this song, the boys played every song wonderfully, it was loud and the music was incredible, highlights were lovers in japan (the neon butterflies were so beautiful!), politik (my favourite arobtth song), yellow, and glass of water. Albeit my friend was being impatient that I didn't get a chance to go collect confetti and ask for a setlist, getting out was a hassle and i felt the concert ended too quickly, it was an incredible experience overall. I don't plan on forgetting this concert anytime soon. :)

I saw you guys^ when I was walking with my friend by the GA lineup. I thought you all looked really cool and I liked your shirts a lot :wacky:, but I didn't know you were from coldplaying so sorry for not stopping and saying hello.

Awww thanks so much! We take great pride in our shirts :D Yeah i wish we could've met but oh well. I was saying, whenever we go to a show we should all make huge signs that have our usernames on them, so we would know!:)

^that

I swear next time I'm wearing a shirt that says "HELLO, YES I AM COLDPLAY OBSESSED" :lol:

HAHAHAHAHA that would be killer! I would be like "Oh hayyy! What a coincidence, so am I!" Actually you know how our shirts said "I love Coldplay"? Well some guy who was selling and buying tickets on the street said to us, "Wow so do I!", and I got real excited. I just love Coldplay fans. But your shirt idea would make life a lot easier, then everyone would be warned, anddd know who you are!

Me too, Chris is right we are the best fans in the universe! That's so cool and great to hear that some of them don't only do it for money lol!

:lol: Yes I remember someone telling me to make a sign " Warning -I am a Coldplay Fan" or something like that... :thinking:or was it " Warning- I have OCD (Obsessive-Coldplay Disorder)" anyways you get the point :P

OH you know what we should do we should do next time all the coldplayers should take over the concert and show up in purple shirts with their usernames on it like you suggested hahahah

Me too, Chris is right we are the best fans in the universe! That's so cool and great to hear that some of them don't only do it for money lol!

:lol: Yes I remember someone telling me to make a sign " Warning -I am a Coldplay Fan" or something like that... :thinking:or was it " Warning- I have OCD (Obsessive-Coldplay Disorder)" anyways you get the point :P

OH you know what we should do we should do next time all the coldplayers should take over the concert and show up in purple shirts with their usernames on it like you suggested hahahah

hahaha I think people would be very scared. Like some kind of purple army!!! The whole front row would probably be purple, that'd be sweet.

gratification

Hi Ziggy, I was going to message and tell you that I held the flag up at the end and Guy saw it and smiled at me.....

I didn't see too many people with the flag... I had a bunch and gave some out and Aunie had hers and the purple girls also brought with them...

anyway great job on the flag... thank you...

The flag design was so easy and simple to do and offer, and not at all representative of the work I usually do. But I'm enormously gratified just that even one of the band saw it and it even brought a smile. I did it for them, really. An artist's fantasy come true.

My mood is turing strawberry today!

I'm sorry I was sitting back in A6 and couldn't participate with you duruing the show.

Next time!

It means you're emotionally healthy

CP ... OK I'm secure in my masculinity. But, I have to confess that listening to certain songs at home always brings tears to my eyes. Yeah, real men do cry. I'm not sure why but it may be an association with the time I lived in England and CP were just getting airtime. I also suspect that it may be CM's emotions and lyrics ... I dunno ... but as they came on stage (I could see them behind the screen with the sprinklers) I started to tear up. Now thank god that the huge security man was in front of me and I just made it look like it was the smoke or something. But I didn't tear up for the rest of the show ... and I thank you guys for that. Because there was just so much positive emotion and cheers even during the tough songs for me.

Tearing up in response to great art has nothing to do with masculinity. It means you're open to life's profound wonders. Own it proudly!

FINALLY got around to uploading videos (3 out of 4 of them anyways)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb47a-5YY1g]YouTube - The Hardest Part Live in Toronto[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcrYLILY5Qc]YouTube - Green Eyes Live in Toronto[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7922ySFHe-4]YouTube - Ending of Politik Live in Toronto[/ame]

Karen, Emily and Katie..

I had the best time at the concert thanks to your enthusiasm and love of the band. It was already exciting to be there and so close but seeing how happy you girls were (and the 3 young boys) really made my night. You are lovely girls and a credit to your parents..

Hope to meet again at another Coldplay concert

Hugs

Your mummy

Thank you so very much!!!! And I have to say that if it wasn't for you we would've had no one else to talk to in line, and we probably wouldn't have gotten such a great spot in the pitt. I REALLY appreciate what you did for us, and I'm happy that in return we could make your night in our insane and crazy way:D.

By the way, I ordered one of the Toronto posters on the Coldplay merch website and it came to $16.95 American. It probably cost a lot for shipping since I'm in the U.S. But they're glow in the dark! And I just needed one for my Coldplay wall in my bedroom :D

I hate you I want one!!!!!! You should've bought me one, I would have paid you back. Oh well. I'll ask my dad for one, because I never used the $46 he gave me.

I saw you guys^ when I was walking with my friend by the GA lineup. I thought you all looked really cool and I liked your shirts a lot :wacky:, but I didn't know you were from coldplaying so sorry for not stopping and saying hello.

Thanks! Lol it's OK.

cazmartini said:
Karen, Emily and Katie..

I had the best time at the concert thanks to your enthusiasm and love of the band. It was already exciting to be there and so close but seeing how happy you girls were (and the 3 young boys) really made my night. You are lovely girls and a credit to your parents..

Hope to meet again at another Coldplay concert

Hugs

Your mummy

x

Edited by LazyDancerKar

Oh sorry we didn't get to talk! Maybe we'll see each other at another concert sometime! I love are shirts that's for the shirt praise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)