✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

30-Jul-09: Rogers Centre, Toronto, ON - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos/Videos

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elbow's setlist included:

- Starling

- Everything Has Changed

- Station Approach

- Ground for Divorce

- One Day Like This

The second song is actually called "Mirrorball". It's on their latest cd. I bought it a few days before the show and so I was able to know some of the songs. They are great! I am always glad to find new music I like to listen to.

I also think I remember hearing/reading somewhere that when Coldplay first started out they either opened for Elbow at a show in the UK. Or they were both equal billing. Funny how times change!

The second song is actually called "Mirrorball". It's on their latest cd. I bought it a few days before the show and so I was able to know some of the songs. They are great! I am always glad to find new music I like to listen to.

I also think I remember hearing/reading somewhere that when Coldplay first started out they either opened for Elbow at a show in the UK. Or they were both equal billing. Funny how times change!

You're right!! :P lol I got that list from a newspaper website which did a review, and never got the chance to double check the songs... Either that or I hurriedly copied the list without doubling checking the list that I posted myself lol... Thanks!

Ahhh even 5 days after the concert, AMAZING!!

They were so amazing! They put on a brilliant show!

Heres what I left with :D

a tee, a canteen, and the free album

DSC01677.jpg

DSC01678.jpg

And if you want join the Facebook group I made for all the people who wen to this concert! Post pics and vids and just talk about your experience!!

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?saved&&suggest&note_id=117302121985#/group.php?gid=54404114404&ref=ts

I am suffering a bit of withdrawal. But it's getting better. I think I just had such a let down feeling the next day because I had been so excited for so long to see the show. And then it was over. :(

However, it was extremely awesome to be there. And I agree that seeing everyone's pictures and videos is great. I really enjoy seeing other points of views. Especially the ones where you can see the whole floor because I was crammed up front so I couldn't see much else of what was going on behind me. Not that I'm complaining about my spot!

And anyone who hasn't posted any pics should try to soon so I can see some more. :)

it'll pass

I am and it sucks. Can't even listen to them. I waited so long to see them and now what am I to do? :\

All part of the circle of life.

I'm not going through withdrawal yet - still on a high from the concert. But I dreamt last night that I was JEALOUS of Coldplay for seeing other people !!

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

I feel lucky to have caught a new bug called "Elbow", so that helps. As do the pics and reviews posted here by others, but strangely, I don't care much to read the reviews of the shows since ours.

I'm kind of hoping we can all stay in touch here on the forum. And next time we'll do it up in a grand style! Should we start a new thread or keep on with this one? Holy **** - two years!

Tearing up in response to great art has nothing to do with masculinity. It means you're open to life's profound wonders. Own it proudly!

Ziggy,

If you were female I'd propose to you ... ;)

All part of the circle of life.

I'm not going through withdrawal yet - still on a high from the concert. But I dreamt last night that I was JEALOUS of Coldplay for seeing other people !!

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

I feel lucky to have caught a new bug called "Elbow", so that helps. As do the pics and reviews posted here by others, but strangely, I don't care much to read the reviews of the shows since ours.

I'm kind of hoping we can all stay in touch here on the forum. And next time we'll do it up in a grand style! Should we start a new thread or keep on with this one? Holy **** - two years!

Strange dream Ziggy ... but I too always have strange dreams.

You're right about the "Elbow bug" ... it helps

Should we keep this thread going or start a new one "Toronto: Date TBA"? :P

I also have this sneaking suspicion/feeling that wouldn't leave me surprised that CM may do a solo or feat album after a little break from this crazy, crazy tour.

Guest Osaka Sun

Finally got a chance to write about the Coldplay concert. Words cannot describe how frickin' AMAZING it was!!! :D :D

My friend and I made it to the Rogers Centre at 6-ish, but after we watched Kitty, Daisy & Lewis's set I really regret that we got there so early. :P Elbow really made up for it though. A really friendly bunch of folks, there to "get you all warmed up for our close friends Coldplay."

The minutes between acts were so agonizing, but it felt so unbelievable looking at the massive crowd gathering behind us (we had B3 seats) - I'm sure that the Rogers Centre is one of the largest venues of the entire Viva la Vida Tour. Anyways, Chris and the guys were supposed to get up on stage at 9:30, but the show started quite a bit later. There must have been some issue with the lights or something; I'm sure there was a crew member actually standing on top of the equipment as it was being raised up again...scary stuff. Magnificent was an awesome beginning to the "countdown" (unfortunately I felt like I was the only one in my section that knew it however), and the breakdancing roadie was absolutely crazy. Then finally they came on!

If you haven't seen Coldplay live before, like myself, then you've been realllyyy missing out. Johnny's pounding his Telecaster in Violet Hill and Glass of Water, the balloons flying around in Yellow, the 50 000 fans singing along during Fix You, Viva la Vida and Lost, and Clocks still kicks ass. Chris was quite the entertainer as well - the entire stadium cheering after "and the night over Toronto lay" at the beginning of a breathtaking Cemeteries of London, his constant jokes about the city strike and how it's affecting his hair, and bellowing the crowd to "try and take that roof off" at the end of 42. And the response was enormous, I enjoyed it so much. :)

What really sticks to my mind about the show was the C-Stage and the stuff that followed. Our entire area stood up on our chairs to see a glimpse of the band at the opposite side of the stadium. I remember security yelling at the top of our lungs to get us down (like yeah, that was going to work). :P I can only really say WOW about the massive cellphone wave, and after the band ran back during the Viva remix interlude, they whipped out a smashing Politik right before we had even expected it. Lovers in Japan came next, and while everyone was totally in awe with the butterfly confetti at the time, the background video was very moving as well! I remember watching the performance on Youtube a day after and I almost teared up.

There's so many other things I wish I could talk about (Will's birthday, the encore, the "ohhh ohhh" chanting of Viva on the way back to Union station, etc). It was my first time to see Coldplay live, and it definitely won't be my last. What an experience - every single day that passes I feel that I'm beginning to lose some of my memory of the concert, but I want to remember every moment of it. If there was any way I could relive it again...

Anyways, this it how it looked like from my view. I do have some videos, but they're poor quality though.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2028021&id=1071904006&l=485959f9b6

:D

Darn. Karen bought me a poster as a gift and i just bought one for myself last night.... I guess I get 2 now unless she's keeping the extra one?.... haahahaha

You get two! Cause I got one for myself already lmfao. well i have extra birthday ideas for you :p you're still a butt though