✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

03-Aug-09: Comcast Center, Mansfield, MA - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos/Vid

I have to say I've honestly loved every aspect of this tour, the awesome globe screens, the confetti, the yellow balloons, the different stages, the ramps. It's been a fantastic year of Coldplay music and concerts and I'm so grateful to the boys (and their crew) for doing what they do. They've definitely made this year unforgettable and I can't wait to see what they come up with next.

I didn't really take many pics or video because I wanted to be in the moment and enjoy it but I'm very grateful to all of you who went and took videos and stuff, I'll be roaming through this post to see all of your goodies :dance:

Till now i've been to 9 from last year since i beginned to see them from Today show.And ever since then i always had lot of experiences with Chris in each and every concert.He almost recognizes me when ever i go to a show.:lol:

The most highlight for me is the APW festival where i was just in front of him at one point at b-stage.:shocked2:Man...:shocked2:wow seriously unbelievable.

He tried to get me look at him but i was some what shocked and kept my face to other side while he was looking at me.He was reading my feelings like anything damn..:shocked2::sneaky:

Well any way here too at Mansfield he looked and waved at my direction some times during some songs.So well..any way all over unforgettable tour to me too.

And in all the tours they did this one really is most amazing.The viva tour is memorable and favorite for me.:)And this is my last concert in this tour too.:(

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lights, piano, action! Third time's a charm for Coldplay

Coldplay returned to MA this past week for their third visit to the Bay State in under a year. While the last two shows promoting their 2008 album, Viva La Vida, were held at the TD Garden, this Monday they graced the stage at the Comcast Center in Mansfield.

Manchester-based band Elbow opened for their fellow Brits; their five members playing a lighter sound than their headliners. Back in England they have ten top 50 singles and four studio albums; in America you've probably heard their music in trailers for "House" or the film Burn After Reading. The began by mellowing out the crowd with slow-churning songs "The Bones of You" and "Mirrorball." Thankfully there was a pleasant awakening a few songs into the set, pumping up the crowd with more volume and a faster beat. The best audience response came from "Grounds for Divorce," one of their stronger singles from the new album The Seldom Seen Kid.

Elbow is very similar to Coldplay's softer side, and after their set the crowd was ready for more. Cue the lights, and enter Chris Martin center stage. The singer's silhouette is highlighted by golden light and the night begins with "Live in Technicolor," a perfect choice for a show opener with it's rush of sound to build the excitement. The laser-lit amphitheater resembles a rave of some sort, with a whole section waving around neon glow sticks in the front row. Flashing lights and oversized balloons raining confetti upon explosion inflate the Comcast Center during "Yellow," and everyone grabs their significant other and sways to the tune of "Fix You."

For every show the band likes to see how the back of the crowd is doing, taking their set to the nosebleeds to give fans on the lawn a chance to be in the front row. After a couple of songs they decide to weigh in on current events with an ode to Michael Jackson, playing an acoustic cover of "Billie Jean." Martin had the falsetto down and hee-hee'd like a pro with the crowd as his backup singers. After running back to the stage for an incredible performance of "Viva La Vida," they segued right into "Politik," where the lights changed and chests thumped with every pound of the piano keys.

Coldplay left Massachusetts with a three-song encore and complementary gifts. Each person in attendance received a free live CD containing nine tracks recorded in the last leg of the Viva La Vida tour; a great ending to an even better concert.

http://www.examiner.com/

So the Mansfield Massachusetts show was my first Coldplay concert ever. And all I can say is, it. Was. Amazing. Period. That was seriously the best night of my life. My friend Kate and went with her older brother and his friends, but Kate and I had separate seats away from them. We arrived at the Comcast center like a half hour before the doors opened, at 7pm. There was no reason getting there wicked early, because it wasn't general admission so we didn't have to fight to get seats. So, we're waiting outside for the doors to open, and I bought a Life In Technicolor shirt. It was 40 dollars, which I thought was kind if a lot. Also they were giving out free Monster Energy Drinks, and I took one. Which quickly made me hyper, haha. Then the doors opened and Kate and I made our way to our seats. When we found our seats, we were very dissapointed. The tickets we had bought were over a hundred dollars, and our seats were way in the back, by the lawn. And there was a huge camera, directly in our way! I went down and complained to this worker that we couldn't see. I wasn't really serious and I really thought she was just going to tell me, "Oh well, there's nothing I can do..." But to my surprise, she took both of our tickets and wrote new seat numbers on them, and handed them back. She told us where to go and who to show the tickets to, and she was extremely nice. When we got to our new seats, we were so happy! We had been moved so much closer! All the way from section 13 in the back, up to section 5. Pretty soon the openers started, and I wasn't too thrilled with them. I didn't like Kitty, Daisy, & Lewis, but Elbow was good. Some music played after the openers, U2, rap, classical, and then the lights went out and Life In Technicolor started with the band coming on stage waving sparklers, I was so excited it was beyond belief! Later Chris stated that the band had played their shitiest concert last night, so they had to play their best tonight to make up for it. That received a lot of cheers. Clocks sported a laser show along with it.

v7qlhy.png

During yellow not many balloons came towards Kate and I, but I did manage to hit one! During

2rxveoi.png

Lovers in Japan, I loved the giant slideshow that went along with the lyrics. Also, tons and tons of butterfly confetti fell from the ceiling.

23kdcp0.png

During the show when the band squished onto the little B stage for a few songs, I thought it was amazing how they all fit and still were able to play! Chris sang a little song about New England that he made up, which was so funny. They also went to another small stage in the back by the lawn and played a few songs.

9jobrt.png

After they got off the B stage, the thumping beat of Viva La Vida started. At the end of Viva La Vida, Chris lay on the ground as if he were dead. HAHA that was great. :) Then all of a sudden he did a backwards summersault, and Lost! started up. The show ended with Life In Technicolor ii, which was breath taking. The paintings that were up on the screen behind the band were beautiful too. Here's some more pictures of the show:

huiwe1.png2lo3ucl.png

2v2jvco.png5ceo2d.pngvnj8qw.png2a6m81t.png24gln43.png2dkluv9.png

dfvm9z.png141sftd.png

Sorry if I took up so much room with the pictures! So when it was over I walked away with my new Life In Technicolor shirt, free LeftRightLeftRightLeft cd, and a hand full of confetti. It's been a while since the concert so some of my details might be a little fuzzy, I was trying to remember. So all in all, the concert was absolutely amazing! It's all I've been thinking about since. Haha. I was like on a literal high the next day after, it was insane. I can't wait until they come back to Massachusetts and I can go again. Now my only dream would be to meet Chris Martin (lol like that will ever happen). I think that would pretty much make my life complete. Or as complete as a fifteen year old's life can be. ;)

you frekaing suck josh!

:mean:

hi im nicole i was by the c stage too but i had regular seats, i just knew when to run up there :lol:

do you mind if i save the quote of what he said during his song lol :D

were you talking to me about the quote he said during his song? lol and if so, of course I don't mind. It's not like it's my quote haha. :]

Here to who ever wanted me to put it in paragraphs or whatever.

So the Mansfield Massachusetts show was my first Coldplay concert ever. And all I can say is, it. Was. Amazing. Period. That was seriously the best night of my life. My friend Kate and went with her older brother and his friends, but Kate and I had separate seats away from them. We arrived at the Comcast center like a half hour before the doors opened, at 7pm. There was no reason getting there wicked early, because it wasn't general admission so we didn't have to fight to get seats.

So, we're waiting outside for the doors to open, and I bought a Life In Technicolor shirt. It was 40 dollars, which I thought was kind if a lot. Also they were giving out free Monster Energy Drinks, and I took one. Which quickly made me hyper, haha.

Then the doors opened and Kate and I made our way to our seats. When we found our seats, we were very dissapointed. The tickets we had bought were over a hundred dollars, and our seats were way in the back, by the lawn. And there was a huge camera, directly in our way! I went down and complained to this worker that we couldn't see. I wasn't really serious and I really thought she was just going to tell me, "Oh well, there's nothing I can do..." But to my surprise, she took both of our tickets and wrote new seat numbers on them, and handed them back. She told us where to go and who to show the tickets to, and she was extremely nice. When we got to our new seats, we were so happy! We had been moved so much closer! All the way from section 13 in the back, up to section 5.

Pretty soon the openers started, and I wasn't too thrilled with them. I didn't like Kitty, Daisy, & Lewis, but Elbow was good. Some music played after the openers, U2, rap, classical, and then the lights went out and Life In Technicolor started with the band coming on stage waving sparklers, I was so excited it was beyond belief!

Later Chris stated that the band had played their shitiest concert last night, so they had to play their best tonight to make up for it. That received a lot of cheers. Clocks sported a laser show along with it.During yellow not many balloons came towards Kate and I, but I did manage to hit one! During Lovers in Japan, I loved the giant slideshow that went along with the lyrics. Also, tons and tons of butterfly confetti fell from the ceiling.

During the show when the band squished onto the little B stage for a few songs, I thought it was amazing how they all fit and still were able to play! Chris sang a little song about New England that he made up, which was so funny. They also went to another small stage in the back by the lawn and played a few songs.

After they got off the B stage, the thumping beat of Viva La Vida started. At the end of Viva La Vida, Chris lay on the ground as if he were dead. HAHA that was great. :) Then all of a sudden he did a backwards summersault, and Lost! started up. The show ended with Life In Technicolor ii, which was breath taking. The paintings that were up on the screen behind the band were beautiful too.

So when it was over I walked away with my new Life In Technicolor shirt, free LeftRightLeftRightLeft cd, and a hand full of confetti. It's been a while since the concert so some of my details might be a little fuzzy, I was trying to remember. So all in all, the concert was absolutely amazing! It's all I've been thinking about since. Haha. I was like on a literal high the next day after, it was insane. I can't wait until they come back to Massachusetts and I can go again. Now my only dream would be to meet Chris Martin (lol like that will ever happen). I think that would pretty much make my life complete. Or as complete as a fifteen year old's life can be. ;)

Thank you. You've obviously never watched any concert footage before lol if you didn't even know they use lasers during Clocks.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWtbXpyqPGU]YouTube - Coldplay - Clocks (live 2003)[/ame]