✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

03-Aug-09: Comcast Center, Mansfield, MA - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos/Vid

quick question... I got a comment on one of my videos saying that the band mentioned at this show that the all points west was one of the worst shows they played. I was just wondering if this is true, or if they mentioned whether or not they enjoyed the previous show.

Chris said at the end of Violet Hill that the band played badly at APW, so they'd have to make up for it at Mansfield.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

amazing show last night as always. it was our 5th and final show of the tour so it was sad but we went out with a bang. it was actually also almost 4 years to the date of seeing the unforgettable x&y tour right there in mansfield and practically from the same exact spot we were standing last night. great memories

anyway what can i say about the show, it was perfect, im sure everyones gone over the details already. we were lucky enough to get a guitar pick this time, and touch johnny!!!! :shocked2: also got guys setlist after the show!

here are some of my pics and 1 video- i have more video im working on uploading too. sorry that im not a very good video-taker :embarassed:

You are not a good video-taker??

Seriously?

I favourited and commented - great video!!! :stunned:

IMP is my favourite song so I might be biased but your sound quality is awesome given that you were so close and you have great close-ups!

My camera can't do this :bigcry: Which one do you have?

I also :heart: your pics and your signature :)

quick question... I got a comment on one of my videos saying that the band mentioned at this show that the all points west was one of the worst shows they played. I was just wondering if this is true, or if they mentioned whether or not they enjoyed the previous show.

yes he definitely said that. he said/sang at the end of violet hill that they had to make up for playing the worst show ever last night by giving the best one ever tonight. theres prob a video of it out there

the only person i saw was Hoppy. :\

actually that's a lie, because i saw that lady security guard with the afro (Jackie, is it?) and that lady from Oxfam while we were waiting for the doors to open.

Left side a little ways away from the stage, meaning I saw everyone's face but Chris'. :uhoh:

At least I got a great view of Jonny bashing his tambourine.

ah. well, i was right up against the gate, basically across from the steps to get on the stage.

i couldn't really see Guy. :(

When Chris says that last nights concert wasn't good he is kidding around.When he said APW wasnt a good concert he just says it to get the people riled up,to make the present concert the best.

He always says that about a previous concert..

Yes i totally agree with you there.I know that he's joking at that point.Because he totally knows that we audience did very good job to see them in APW even in mud.

And standing for hours.Then how can he say like that about us.

He just want to raise the enthusiasm of audience in every concert they go so they say like that.

But any way both of the shows are amazing to me though.

But APW i am really unbelievably closer to them but even this show i've my own memories.

THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!

a review (with pics and video) by Brooke

also, i apologize in advance for all the screaming/bad singing/bad filming in the videos. i was excited. :P the pics aren't so great, so i might try to take some screenshots from the videos and post those later. :)

oh geez, the videos are doing some funky thing where they speed up in certain parts... will have to fix that later as well. :(

this was my first Coldplay concert and it was AMAZING!!!

we (my two sisters Olivia and Harley and myself) arrived at the venue around 2, and there were only a few girls in line at that time. as it got later and later, the line of people in the middle became huge, but we were off to the side, so when they finally let us up to the doors we were almost in first.

1030419p.jpg

we had lawn seats, so as soon as we entered the section i searched for the c-stage. it was way over to the left (looking at the stage) and we managed to snag seats right in front of it. i was already freaking out at that point, knowing that they'd eventually be within feet of us. and i saw Hoppy tuning up the guitars! :D

1030421.jpg

1030422.jpg

1030436.jpg

1030453.jpg

1030450.jpg

1030448c.jpg

Kitty, Daisy & Lewis played... they were all right. not really the kind of music i like, but they weren't bad.

1030442.jpg

Elbow was fantastic!! i felt bad for only knowing Grounds for Divorce, though.

1030458.jpg

The Blue Danube came on... i freaked, naturally.

(yes, that was me saying "i do love you:wacky:" :sick:)

1030478b.jpg

1030480vgi.jpg

Chris was great. the hair talk at the b-stage- something about them being on tour for as long as three inches of curly hair, and that they'd keep on touring until people mistook him for Michael Bolton. then in VLV It was the wicked and wild wind// I just took something off my chin :lol:

the crowd was amazing, too.

then came the c-stage...

1030426.jpg

OK, so i had made Coldplay puppets for my video for the Lost? competition, and i thought it'd be a good idea to bring them to the concert. i had the Chris one, Liv had the Jonny one, and Harley had the Guy and Will ones.

well, about 5 or 10 seconds after that video ended, Chris noticed the puppets. he loved them!!! :D he laughed and smiled, then showed Will, who also laughed and smiled. according to Harley, Guy noticed the puppets and smiled, too, but i didn't see. :(

they played Green Eyes, and i was surprisingly calm for being feet away from my loves. there was a bit of jonnychrislove! towards the end which is SUPER ADORABLE IN PERSON!!! :wacky::wacky:

then Chris sang the bit where he introduces Will. just before they started playing DWNC Guy had the SEXIEST look on his face. :bomb:

then Will started, and Chris was dancing around the stage. at one point he reached out and touched someone's hand, then he walked over by the corner closest to me. he looked directly at me (and let me tell you, he has GINORMOUS BLUE EYES!! :bomb::bomb:) and was smiling, and i started freaking out. of course, i looked right back at him. then he moved his hand, and it took me a second to realize what he was doing.... HE THREW HIS HARMONICA AT ME.

CHRIS MARTIN THREW ME HIS HARMONICA.:dead:

i couldn't believe it. especially since i caught it with my left hand. there were all sorts of people reaching for it, but i had managed to grab it and as soon as i did, i shoved it in my pocket so that no one could try to take it from me. apparently Chris didn't see that i caught it, though, because my sisters said he looked a bit confused and kept looking at the ground.

they played Billie Jean, which is a complete blur for me, as i was freaking out about the harmonica, then went back to the main stage.

the butterfly confetti didn't reach the lawn section, but i was OK with that because we ended up snatching a whole bunch as we were leaving.

when they came back on for the encore, Chris said something about them not coming back for a few years, so everyone started to boo. he was like, "what?! :P" then said something about Guy entering on America's Got Talent and being a naked Flamenco dancer (to which i may have said YEAHHH!). :lol:

1030486.jpg

1030489.jpg

and then it was over. :(

BUT I HAVE CHRIS' HARMONICA, SO BAM! :dance::dance:

1030494.jpg

so a VERY big thanks to everyone who sent me lots of Coldplay karma. :wacky::hug:

Brooke your pics and videos are awesome. It seems liker you had a wonderful time and the harmonica squeeeeeeeeeee :laugh3: :D :P

that was one of the best reviews ever..... :P

My earlier review was from late last night, I feel like I didn't do the show justice.

I actually thought the lawn was highly underrated. During Fix You, a bunch of us got in a line, put our arms around each other, and swayed back and forth. Complete strangers, all of us. It was awesome.

As for the C-Stage, I'm glad I did my research beforehand. My friends actually wanted to be in the center of the lawn and didn't believe me when I said we should stick next to the stage. The guys proved them wrong when they came up, of course.

Elbow sounded fairly Radiohead-like to me, but I still enjoyed their set. Kitty, Daisy & Lewis were fine, but their kind of music seemed very out of place to me next to Coldplay and Elbow.

That was actually my first time seeing Coldplay live - I missed them when they played Boston last October. They went above and beyond what I expected.

I'm already looking forward to the next show (and album of course) - and fully suffering from post-concert depression.

P.S: Jesse, I think I saw the back of your sign?

AWSOME! And that does sound like the lawn was underrated. A bunch of strangers singing together sounds like a great coldplay experience! I wish my row did that! :laugh3:

-Jesse-

Brooke your pics and videos are awesome. It seems liker you had a wonderful time and the harmonica squeeeeeeeeeee :laugh3: :D :P

that was one of the best reviews ever..... :P

:blush: thanks!

i keep watching these videos:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkqbP3kPFXI]YouTube - Coldplay - Green Eyes (Acoustic) Live in Mansfield August 3, 2009[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7GD4OtY9WU]YouTube - Coldplay - Death Will Never Conquer - Will Champion Vocal - 8/3/09 - Mansfield, MA[/ame]

over and over and over, 'cause the first one is where he pointed to us, and the second one (at the very end) was where he threw it to me, even though you can't see it in the vid. :uhoh::wacky:

Okay so I should have written this right after the concert so that I could remember everything but I only had my iPhone with me and it would have been a pain in the butt to type it all out on there....Anyway, here goes:

photo-2.jpg

I got to the venue a little bit after 2:30 with my two younger sisters and we were the first ones there. Shortly after that a group of girls arrived and I figured out it must have been Brooke because she had the Coldplay puppets that she had made with her but I didn't say anything because I thought she might think "Who the heck is this weirdo stranger?" :laugh3: I thought your puppets were awesome btw!

When we were waiting in line I saw Jackie walking around with the venue security, she's pretty hard to miss with that impressive fro she's sporting :lol:

After they let us in around 6pm we ran like crazy to get to pit and not that many people had made it there yet so we got front row, right in between Chris and Guy!!

The only downside to our spot was some really bitchy girl standing next to Lauren (cold_love23) who was a complete space hog :angry:

Watching all of the roadies is always an event, trying to spot and name them is a fun game to play when you're waiting for the show to start so we did just that and managed to see Matt, Bash, Hoppy, Miller, Franksy, Rick and Vicki.

During Kitty, Daisy & Lewis' set I had a good view of the stage door (it's wasn't really a door so much as an opening which they later covered with black curtains) and could see various roadies moving in and out and also saw Chris arriving. He was wearing a white t-shirt with a hat, sunglasses and a scarf (why the hell he was wearing a scarf I have no idea, it was friggin hot out).

A few minutes later I spotted Marianne taking a look at the stage and didn't even notice Will standing behind her at first :lol: I pointed them out to Lauren and she started freaking out (she's a HUGE Will fan) I think Will might have seen me staring at him because we were the only ones looking in his direction, everyone else was concentrating on the opening act.

Then Elbow came on and they were brilliant. Guy is an AMAZING performer and really got the crowd excited. He seems like such a sweetheart.

Then I spotted Chris again, this time he was behind the black curtain-type thing on Guy's (Berryman) side of the stage where Hoppy tunes the guitars/basses and stuff and he was sitting on the floor barefoot just watching Elbow's set.

It was really awesome to see him just chilling out watching the show. My sister asked if I wanted to take a picture of him but I figured if he saw us taking pictures he would leave and I wanted him to be able to enjoy watching Elbow.

Finally it was time for Coldplay and even though it was my 7th time seeing them I was still SO excited, the sparkler thing will never cease to be awesome and the dropping of the black curtain at the end of LiT :o

I won't go through all of the songs since they played the same setlist at the last concert I went to (with the exception of Billie Jean, which was fantastic btw).

photo-1.jpgphoto.jpgphoto-6.jpg

(These are all pretty blurry but I only had my phone with me :( )

I sang along to every song and danced a lot; I have no idea during which songs but I made made eye contact with Chris, Guy and Jonny (Will was very into drumming and had his eyes closed for most of VLV, crazy man :P). Chris even made one of his goofy faces at me at one point and I also got one of the glowsticks that he threw in the crowd during Lost! which made my night.

Lauren almost got the pick that Chris threw into the crowd because it landed on her shoe but the guy behind her picked it up first and gave it to his girlfriend. They were both really nice so she didn't feel too bad about not getting it.

The guys really seemed to enjoy themselves and I thought the crowd was on the louder side of concerts I've been to ( at least from where I was). It was the last show of the VLV tour for me so I made sure to scoop up lots of butterflies and soak it all in because I know they won't be coming around for a while and even then it'll be a totally different tour.

I have to say I've honestly loved every aspect of this tour, the awesome globe screens, the confetti, the yellow balloons, the different stages, the ramps. It's been a fantastic year of Coldplay music and concerts and I'm so grateful to the boys (and their crew) for doing what they do. They've definitely made this year unforgettable and I can't wait to see what they come up with next.

I didn't really take many pics or video because I wanted to be in the moment and enjoy it but I'm very grateful to all of you who went and took videos and stuff, I'll be roaming through this post to see all of your goodies :dance: